kobold thread? kobold thread

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/961429/cfce057a30/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

yes

Fuck you.

kobld is for xp farm only

When the hell did all these eastern countries suddenly think Kobolds could refer to anything from a Goblin, Gnoll, or an actual Kobold?

Pic Related. Vaguely goblin-ish thing = Kobold, apparently.

kobolds were originally fuzzy you fucking pleb.

possibly during the time D&D was starting out in Japan, they got so used to seeing kobolds as these doglike creatures, making yipping sounds, they went ahead with them being straight up dogs than a combination of rats dogs and lizards.

It's not a true interpretation as with kobods being draconic in the present d&d still as d&d depicts Gorgons as giant bull-like creatures as well. the closest thing to a folklore kobold is somewhat gnomish but it's up to you to decide regardless since they're basically mischievous spirits that tends to live in caves.

anyways have the last kobold i did

no they weren't, they went from house spirit that looked like every other house spirit, to dog-like head with small horns and rat-like tail and covered in scales, to oriental dogbold where some of it bled back to fuzzy bolds found in rogue-likes, to lizard/draconic kobolds

would you mind sharing your tumblr's, I've lost the links

Since I don't really want to full my settings with goblins AND kobolds, so I'm making them a bit different.

How would you feel about a setting where kobolds are conjured beings, summoned to serve Wizards and other magical beings?

I personally really like the idea of them having slightly different breeds- small minions who are sneaky, big fat brute ones, and skinny magical ones. But that's just me.

Yeah I could see them being summons. I've always thought of kobold as weak creatures. weaker than goblins, so weak in fact that they need to latch on to some sort of stronger creature to provide protection or just perpetually be in large communities. Being summons sort of fits with the former, so I actually quite like the idea.

was it worth eating a ban for?

No.
No it wasn't
Being banned is terrible
#sarcasm

bolloxtothat.tumblr.com

S-source?

Alright guys, tell me what makes kobolds cool/why you like kobolds, but without magical realm shit.

They are the best racial choice for a Character who wants to be a Heroic Adventurer but their low strength and small body makes them comically inept and cute. That's why I like them at least.

Why not a human child?

because i once made a kobold barbarian and he was an absolute monster

Human children grow up.

...Dwarven child? They take longer to become big guys

That sounds pedo.

>Alright guys, tell me what makes kobolds cool/why you like kobolds

Novelty of midget races and beastfolk combined. I also like underdogs and characters where a never-give-up tenacity works well.

exhentai.org/g/961429/cfce057a30/

I don't know how.

That doesn't sound too convincing. Convince me kobolds are the best race.

I once rolled up a Kobold Bone Knight with the Throw Anything feat.

Holy shit that's cool.

It's 2016. You can just google "Sadpanda" and get a billion answers...

Don't bother.

>eastern countries
This is western furshit, user

That goblin thing is far closer to the original kobold than any of these scaly and fluffy little shits. Little blue goblins that lived in mines and stole gold, replacing it with cobalt ore. Pretty useless stuff back then, being brittle and toxic to process.

Imagine a small, smelly and digruntled creature that basically hates everything.
if that's not the best race I don't what is.

>Imagine a small, smelly and digruntled creature that basically hates everything.
The average neckbeard?

That's why we like kobold so much user. We see a little bit of ourselves in them.

I like Dragons, and playing little critters descended from them, however distant and mutated it may be, is neat.
Makes Dragon priests/paladins a little more flavourful, I've always felt.

Plus, sometimes I like to play the tiny bastard who has no right winning a fight who succeeds through traps, dirty fighting, ambushes and cunning. Kobolds are basically the race all about that.

>monmusu
>western
user...

Thought meant the thread in general

Pic unrelated.

I like dragons. Dragons tend to have kobolds.
I like sneaky tricks like traps. Kobolds make traps.
I like scaly things (not magical realm, I just normally enjoy watching snakes, lizards, etc). Kobolds are scaly.

thanks a bunch

niiiiice.

Elves are basicall just magical Asians.
Humans are boring.
Gnomes are bearded chucklefucks that serve no real purpose.
Dwaves are just giant stocky gnomes that love dirt.
Tieflings are edgey losers.
Dragonborn are poorly defined meme trying to copy the glory of kobolds.
Aasimars are special snowflakes.
Orcs are just large ugly violent green humans.
goblins are just worse kobolds.
looking at what they're up against no wonder they're superior.

I like dragons.
I like lizards and snakes.
I like the underdog.
In terms of D&D core races I will literally LITERALLY 100% of the time play a human, tiefling, or dragonborn over something so incredibly fucking boring as dwarves, elves, hobbits, orcs, gnomes...and assimar aren't any better than elves, honestly.
I'd swing for a half-human-something-or-other if the GM or story calls for it, but I haven't yet.

already posted m8

Well that's embarrassing.

Not only that, but it was posted in the OP. How does somebody not see that?

hey guys, what class do i make my kobold character in 5e

Do you guys remember our dark past?

Quests... That is why I like kobolds

Depends on the character ;)

Kobolds get all the respect a dragon's minions and occasional snack/bully target warrant.

I'll admit I've played a cutebold. Now that I'm not as retarded I'd like to try again with the character honestly.

>Jigglin Draggy the Cuck
No fucking thanks

Races of the Dragon
Dragonwrought Kobold (no aging penalties, 3 free sorcerer levels, epic feats at level 1)

>>still kobolds-are-true-dragons-posting

gr8 b8 m8

if you need your race to be special to make an interesting character, you're a mediocre player.

Kobolds are badass

truth, and dwarves are awesome as long as you actually use the required scottish accent

Your filenames make me break out in hives.

If you're still here vono, kobolds in rally cars when?

Means it's working

Kobolds are fun.

Mechanically interesting to play too in my opinion, much overlooked.

This bugger was Ahkrin, my kobold bushwacker. Essentially a commando as a fantasy kobold who hid his social awkwardness behind the 'cold sniper' persona, he was fun to play, remaking modern small unit tactics using alchemical and magical items.

I love the idea of an underdog winning through intelligence and technology

forgot my image

That sounds a bit like the character I've been playing. He's an angsty little kobold rogue who acts tough, until things stop going according to plan. He's got a sharp tongue, but poor judgement, and tends to rub his party members the wrong way (only in-character, though).

Playing a jerkass coward whose got a heart of gold hidden beneath his EDGINESS persona has been a helluva fun time.

Your premise flawed. I stated that I generally prefer playing humans, which are as vanilla as you can get.

I don't find elves/dwarves/orcs to be interesting because they're usually a rip off of Tolkien. At least make them different, but still have the same core ideas like Lorwyn/Shadowmoor elves.

this is awesome.

Source? I believe I can wiggle my noodle to this.

She's a secondary character that gets almost no love or art.

Fuck. Why do they do this!?

I know not why, user. She shows up twice for a combined 5 seconds in the show, and not much more in the manga as of a few months ago.

>tfw all of the best characters don't get enough attention
Life isn't fair.

>Suu is brown
why is this allowed?

Back on topic.

It was the first group image I could find in my folder.

But at least she's in it.

Fuck yeah

>that gets almost no love or art
user, aside from MON she gets the most fanart.

Fuck you, this is a Polt dump now.

Yes plz.

BIG MEATY CLAWS

Yes
Yesss

Cheesy, but good!

So the cameraman from the Blair Witch Project has gone into animation these days.

Cute.

kek'd

Bruh