You are a level 1 commoner. Living in a small village situated between a forest and a mountain pass

You are a level 1 commoner. Living in a small village situated between a forest and a mountain pass.

One night an orc batallion comes rushing from the forest, slays everyone in the village and proceeds to mercilessly kill you in your bed. You watch in horror as you and everyone you ever knew die brutally. As you feel death take you, you suddenly find yourself jostled awake.

It's the previous day. You're alive. Everyone is alive. The village is safe. It's as if the events hadn't happened. Then, the following night the same events occur. The same orcs attack in the same manner and do the same thing, killing you once again only for you to once more re-awaken alive and well from the previous day.

It's then you realize that: this will keep happening. You are stuck in a time-loop of experiencing the same horrific brutal assault. Trying to warn people about the orcs just has people look at you funny and nobody believes you have psychic premonitions.

Trying to flee into the forest just has you happen upon the orcs who will finish you off quickly before hurring along to the village. Fleeing into the mountain exposes you to monsters far worse than them. Every time you die you wake up on that exact day even if you somehow manage to live beyond it.

There are no actual PC class characters in the village either and nobody is an adept or warrior. There's one expert (the blacksmith) but other than that you're the only person of note.

What do you do?

Knock out blacksmith, throw him off somewhere and let him drown or something, let coals cool down, hide in forge.

If the orcs are marauding they won't use the forge for any reason and just pillage and leave.

Now be an asshole and say they start the forge for some stupid fucking reason.

They could still, ya know, look inside it and see a cowering human.

Orcs ain't intelligent but they ain't braindead either.

Hiding under a pile of coals, even if they saw glimpses of skin, it would look like coal, because the color rubs off very easily.

Why would they? It's not like they're Skyrim players, fastidiously checking every nook and cranny for more XP/gold to be had. They're raiders, pricking about for the thrill of it all.

Watch Re:Zero and masturbate furiously.

Fight every day. Every day you will remember your mistakes and remember how the orcs act. Every day you'll have another chance to roll the dice. You will become fearless, and though your body is weak or may not be able to grow, you will become sharp and skilled beyond measure.

You will, one day, kill every last one if those orcs with whatever weapon you happen to have. Then the spell will be broken and you will become a legend, or else you will still be trapped there.

If you are trapped no matter what you do, you will become a God if death, marching fearlessly into the orc camp and killing every last one- you will spread a type of terror unknown to man kind- the kind where an Orc sees a being weaker and smaller then it, but somehow it sees in your eyes that you can and will kill every single one of them. And maybe, just maybe, that look of sheer terror might just be worth what you have become.

You come out of the forge. The town is in ruins. The people are dead. Blood soaks the streets but you're alive...

It's then you see the Blacksmith somehow survived you dropping him into the river. He's tougher than he looks. He's incredibly pissed at what you've done and seeing his friends and family massacred while you're still alive had made him quite mad. In more than one ways.

He grabs his blacksmith hammer and breaks your leg. He then whacks your head in. You die.

You wake up in bed two days ago. Time has reset.

Do the Groundhog Day/Edgr of Tomorrow thing and become an expert in that particular fight.

By fighting and dying over and over and over again I can learn how to combat these particular orcs ,and since I can assume the process will always repeat I am assured of eventually becoming proficient enough to at least cow the rest of the orcs into respecting me enough to not mob and kill me on the spot.

In time become honourary orc, lead my own marauding warband.

>level 1
Do I accumulate experience points and gain levels over successive loops?

Stupid.

Yes! You will!

One of the best places for a raider to check for quick spoils is a forge, so the likelihood of them stumbling across you isn't as low as you might think. They'll come in looking for any weapons or armor they could use, and all it takes is a bout of curiosity or a stray glance and you're found out.

My vote is for the coward's route: use your resets to learn the general pattern of their raid, then sneak in behind them and pretend to be one of the dead bodies until the orcs leave. If they raid in an A to B to C pattern, for example, wait in C while they raid A, then go to A while they're raiding B, and be safe amidst a pile of corpses while they raid C.

As a level 1 commoner, the only real hope here is to survive, saving the entire town is going to be almost impossible.

>oh noes, asspull
>and you can't run away from it

See, this is why no one fucking likes your campaigns, Jeremy.

Okay then fine.

You wake up in a fucking dead town ransacked of all food and valuables with a bunch of dead people, a forest behind you that could potentially have bands left over retreating into the night or a mountain range full of monsters.

Enjoy fucking cannibalism for the rest of your short short life I guess fucker! You win!

>One of the best places for a raider to check for quick spoils is a forge

>people look inside of a heat-trap for finished weapons

No, they look inside the building for weapons, and while they're doing that, the chance of them finding you is much larger than if you weren't in the same building as them.

>inside of an object they have less than no reason to check
>you're more likely to be found there than the basement of an adjacent building

Nah

>implying your mud hut has a basement

I agree with you though. So far this thread reeks of idiocy.

>yfw two-story, mud-brick, thatch-roofed, basement-having hut

Yes, you are more likely to be found in a place that tons of orcs will be rooting through looking for loot than in something like, for example, somebody's root cellar. The point isn't that they'll be checking the coals, it's that the sheer amount of traffic coming through that place means it's much more likely that one of them will just happen to notice you. Maybe you'll shift at an inopportune moment, maybe one of them will notice a footprint, maybe one of the dozens of orcs that will be searching this room will catch a glimpse of pink skin and get curious.

The point here is that there are better places to hide than a building that is, by its very nature, going to be a hot-spot for orcs looking for valuables.

Tear out my left eye and cast it into the town well, followed by a drop of my blood, beseeh the All-father for guidance.

>covered in soot
>pink skin

Nigga.

>footprint
>when they have a fuckload of footprints and footprints from a blacksmith are to be expected anyway

Nigga.

>shifting
>when you're hiding

Nigga have you never hidden before in your life?

All You Need Is Kill wasn't a good LN and Edge of Tomorrow wasn't a good movie.

Every day I call OP a faggot, then start fires in the forest. Those fires draw out the Orcs somehow, either through a chance encounter when someone from the village tries to put out the fire or with the Orcs moving away from said fire. If it is a statistical inevitability that I will get cut down, I use this knowledge to learn where the Orcish detachments are and torch the surrounding area.

The disruption would be enough to buy some time for the people to get in their homes or flee, lessening the brunt of the Orcish assault.

Or I just rape a different Orc every time I die and become the greatest Orc fucker who ever lived with my newfound immortality.

Suck my dick OP, you hack.

>>covered in soot
>>pink skin
>Nigga.
You gonna take the time to coat your body evenly before hiding from the rampaging horde of orcs?

>>footprint
>>when they have a fuckload of footprints and footprints from a blacksmith are to be expected anyway
>Nigga.
How many footprints do you expect to see climbing up the side of the forge?

>>shifting
>>when you're hiding
>Nigga have you never hidden before in your life?
For hours on end? Good luck holding perfectly still the entire time. Oh, and by the way mister "I'm gonna hide in a forge full of coal and oh, also coal DUST.", have fun trying not to sneeze.

And just for the record, I'd like to point out how kind I'm being by accepting this ridiculous notion that a small town smith even has a forge large enough to hide in in the first place. It's fantasy, so whatever, the forge is far larger than it would ever need to be. But just so you know, in the real world, your head would be stuck in a small oven-like space with your ass hanging out the front like a dumbass.

Soot gets everywhere very, very easily. I am not worried about it, just the process of getting under the coals is more than enough,

Forges are either not tall enough, or can be opened/accessed in ways other than needing climbing on them.

And yes, I can stop myself from sneezing and coughing, especially after a while of getting accustomed to it and breathing shallowly. Grown ass fucking man, knows how to handle how his body reacts to shit, he's not some twelve year old. And you can be damn sure you can find a comfy spot before the orcs show up.

Keep in mind people have sat in worse conditions for LONGER to evade capture and detection before.

>Have a whole day to dig out a hidden hole in my house to hide in
>Hide in there with some food and water
>Wait until orcs leave
>Live forever
>Probably die to an asspull anyway

Easy.

Every group of humans that use metal tools needs a smithy on hand. Medieval steel is not modern tool steel, shit needed constant reforging to stay usable. Stonemason's chisels don't last a day and various axes used by woodsmen and carpenters aren't much better. And you can't afford to just quit field work for that year because your hoe or scythe broke.

Though the smithy wouldn't be large, exactly. Even a quite populous settlement can make do with a bloomery the size of a beer keg and a furnace you couldn't fit a frying pan into.

You have two days to get covered in soot, nigga.

But since you want to play hardball,

1: start torturing people for blackmail information in private, before the day resets through agonising painful death
2: use that information to use prophecy that the Orcs are coming
3: use that to have the entire village move away into woods
4: after the deserted village is raided do whatever, because OP will say "you get killed by villagers/wild dogs/a meteor falls on you" because that wasn't the answer he wanted.

The best place to hide in this situation would be the outhouse.

If XP carries over I just beseech the Gods, become a Cleric of whoever answers and then try to kill some Orcs during each loop until I level up enough to actually deal with them.

Then what is the fucking point of having to restart and try to figure out how to bullshit your way out of the bullshit?

>Okay, I've spent plenty of fucking years killing orcs and getting killed, am epic lebel now

Well fucking gee, that's fucking great. And boring as fucking shit.

I think it would be better if you only had so many lives. Like a tattoo on your arm or maybe chest. Counting down every time you die.

Oh or it is actually counting up and a deity is trying to see how many times it takes for you to save the village.

You just kill enough to become a level 1 ranger then bugger off into the forest and NOT get killed by wolves this time round.

The orcs are in the forest. They find you if you go innawoods cause "muh correct answer"

Dig a hole in my garden and make spike traps like Touka.
Hide in the centermost one with food rations and my propperty.

the only right answer is to live according to your desires for the rest of eternity as time continues to loop. knowing that you will awake the next day and face none of the consequences of what you did the day before the loop no matter what, go hog wild. Sink into depravity and enjoy your base desires. Then eventually, when you get bored and can think of no more, take the single railroaded path op has left for you.

Spike traps + Bushfires seems like a winning combo to me, as far as what has already been posted. You spend the first half dozen deaths learning where they are in the forest and trying to maximise the number you kill with fires, and the next half dozen convincing people to dig pit traps not only exactly where the survivors enter the village from, but where the ones that don't fall into the first few pit traps run to after they realise there are tons of pit traps.

I have a whole day to hide myself and the people I care about plus enough rations somewhere in the vicinity. Is this supposed to be a difficult scenario?

Unless the entire village is already surrounded, you don't have to hide inside the village, it's a wooded and hilly area. You can hide near the village until they are gone.

In fact, you can study the exact attack motions of the Orks and hide just out of sight of the attacker, then you are in their rear as they advance. Unless the entire village is already encircled in the morning (and we know it's not because I can travel towards the mountains), this is not difficult.

This. I have a LOT of rapes to plan.

This nigga gets it.

Its literally level 1 Commoner: the Animu

Wolves are attracted by the scent of death and eat you in your sleep.
You wake up the day before the attack.

(am I doing it right, OP?)

i wake up from this nightmare of a thread and move on to meaningful real life stuff

Eventually you are struck by a moving car and wake up posting in this thread.

Set fire to the village during the day, cause a ruckus.

Specifically burn down homes while people are out, taking care not to kill anyone.

Then I hide as armed townspeople look for me, and hopefully they'll engage the Orcs before they find me.

what op failed to mention, that really makes this an absolute railroad, was that in All you need is kill, even if you survived the day, you still looped.The only way out of the loop was to kill the thing that made it. You couldn't get out by surviving to next day hiding in woods. Technically what would happen is thus, you hide in woods watching the town burn, and then you wake up in town next day.

tldr nothing you do matters, there is no way off the rails.

Then I kill God. Let's fucking do this. Erasing existence is a go!

Being a faggot who blacksmiths in RL the chances of the coals cooling naturally through the day are pretty slim, I have coals that are still hella hot almost 12 to 15 hours later.

The coals of a forge would take longer than a day to cool down enough for you to hide in there.

Also being a faggot, I didnt realise that the orc raid happens a day later because I have dicks on my eyes.

You live a long life, which has some enjoyment, some loss. Though you never quite attain enlightenment, you have lived enough to call it meaningful (even if no-one else will).

You die from renal failure surrounded by medical equipment in a hospital far from home riddled with dementia.

You wake up two days before the orc attack.

>You realize that the orcs are the PCs

>They are trapped in the same loop as you.

I savescum my way to my first monk level.
Then I simply leave on my own.

Leave town in direction orc camp saying you gonna go get some herbs and stuff.
Halfway through run back in a panic and warn people of the orc raiding party.
Congratulations you aren't a psychic nutcase but the dude who saw shit innawoods.
Evacuate village into defendable hillside.
Fucking orcs.

I'm surprised no one has noticed this yet OP;

>and proceeds to mercilessly kill you in your bed. You watch in horror as you and everyone you ever knew die brutally.

>mercilessly kill you in your bed

>You watch in horror

>in bed

How. Because unless my bed is on the roof of my house, there's no chance for me to be killed while in bed, and watch others die at the same time.

>Hurr durr they drag you out of bed first

Maybe you should have fucking written that then OP, you fucking Faggot

Once I've clocked on that I'm living in a groundhog day scenario, I'd do the following;

>Day 1, literally sit and wait for the orcs to attack. Create an impromptu sun-dial if I have to out of sticks and stones, but count the exact amount of time from waking up and the orcs appearing and wrecking shit.
>Day 2 and 3, repeat Day 1 so I have an accurate sense of how long it would take to do specific actions, say, warn the village guard (if there is one) of the attack. How long it would take to cut down a tree, how long it would take to dig a trench of approximately 10x10x10ft.
>Day 4, scout where the fuck the orcs are. Enter the woods, walk in a straight as fuck line until I die or find orcs.
>Day 5-6, repeat Day 4 as that shit won't take 1 day alone, and use memory and whatever maps I make each day to calculate a predicted attack direction for the horde.
>Day 7, Knowing how much time I have, roughly what materials I have available, what people I can likely call on for help, and where the fuck the orcs are coming from, proceed to build what defences I can. This would be more trial and error, with every death adding to a mental "do's and don'ts" list. During this time, focus mostly on getting trenches, walls, loose barricades and weapons made. Maybe even learn how to fight (24 hours is a fucking lot of time to play with)
>Day whatever at this point as I've probably died 1000 times by now, have that shit down to mechanical motion. Convince people that I'm a wizard by reading their minds (answering questions before they ask them and that shit) and have them organised into some form of militia. Worst comes to the worst, after 15 failed defences just change tactic and form a caravan to take people away in.

If I can't defend, I'll flee, and I'll flee with people rather than without.

Whole thing that makes this test screwy is the fact that there will Always be Something that fucks the plan over. Orcs attack too soon, people can't be convinced, and so on.

>Level up somehow
>Delevel on next loop
>Only get to keep feats & skill increases

>Villagers laugh at you because they've never been attacked by orcs before, in fact orcs don't inhabit this area and people never saw them
>Those orcs is some raiding party from far lands pillaging their way through
>If you try to take someone with yourself to show them orc camp you'll get spotted no matter what you do

Fight the orcs. Die. Fight again. Die. Keep fighting until I get good enough that I can fend off the orcs single-handedly.

Once I'm strong enough, wander out into the forest and capture one of the orcs. Interrogate them, learning a bit of their language in the process. Continue over many, many days until I'm fluent in Orcish. Eventually walk out into the forest and convince the orcs to leave peacefully through my bizarrely accurate knowledge of their language, customs, and every possible action.

Hope that whatever cruel god set up this stupid loop admires my commitment to peace, and releases me from this hell.

Honestly, I don't see what ~special~ answer OP is looking for, since pretty much everyone is just going to end up save-scumming and speed-running the day until they achieve godlike mastery of all possible outcomes.

Doesn't matter how many asspull "lol u die" outcomes OP dumps on us. We'll just come back next life and start planning around it. We might even have to discard a strat completely and start over, but we WILL get through this.

This is Dark Souls, and no matter what you try, we are going to git gud.

You think that god that wanted to see you die day after day after day after day would want this conflict to be resolved peacefully?

well no shit sherlock

learn how orcs work
learn swordfighting,archery, this kind of stuff
learn who their leader is
after countless tries,you are going to slaugher all of the orcs alone

This shit is usually about learning some kind of a lesson. Groundhog Day was about Phil Connors learning not to be a douchebag, The Edge Of Tommorrow was about William Cage learning a bit of selflessness, and so on.

I feel like that's what makes it appealing to a lot of people. Git gud, no matter how many tries it takes.

Be level 1 common or Level 2 Fighter/Warrior and feats:
-Favored Enemy: Orcs/orc allies/orc mounts
-Weapon Specialization Bow/Sword/Improvised Weapon/Exotic weapon/etc
-Feats for best armor there is lying around
-Feats for throwing alchemy weapons

break free from the bonds of samsara
becoming a bodhisattva by helping others achieve enlightenment over your own
escape to true death

So if XP doesn't reset after looping, then I can literally do anything I want, maybe train a few loops and just do whatever the fuck. At some point, I'd become literally god-like and I'd be able to take down anything I don't like. I would also probably be powerful enough to jump through dimensions or go to my waifuniverse.

That said after so many loops of brutal, brutal death and pain, I've become desensitized and cruel, where death and the void is as common as breathing in my eyes. I create a new universe, and create IRL 2.0. I wouldn't even stop entropy, since I always felt that maybe, just maybe, after this, I'll loop again.

I become Tom Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow.

In the next loop, I slit his throat after taking him out.

>itt
>Op tries desperately to tell everyone why their ideas, especially one guy, won't work why the rest of us laugh.

>how kind your being
I realize we are on Veeky Forums but fuck your head mustvbe so far up your ass you can probably see your stomach, I needed a good laugh thanks user.