Malifaux General - Still Waiting for More Spoilers Edition

Books;
mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.
New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

>Stranger bearing gifts
m.imgur.com/a/tjdx4

If you have scans/photos of the new models, please post them.

Other urls found in this thread:

anony
malifauxmusings.com/2016/08/ripples-of-fate-review-neverborn.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm interested in Molly as my next Resser Master. Some people on the forums keep saying that Spirit is way better than Horror, however I'm not entirely certain about that. Horrors have the better heavy hitters (and Archie hasn't even arrived yet), and while Spirits have the Adversary condition going for them, the main Horror Summons (Punk Zombies) have the positive flip to their attacks already built in. Also, they are Hard to Kill, unlike most Spirits. What are your thoughts/experiences? Also is she good in a compteteive environment? Nobody in my local meta plays her.

Spirits are inherently more synergistic and have some really powerful models with Shikome, Hanged, and Izamu. Horrors have been getting more tools with stuff like Molly's emissary upgrade, so I'm not sure if there is much of a gap between the two.

Also do we know anything about Archie other than his leaked upgrades?

Nope.

Horror Molly is better imo, but I'm not sure she's good for a competitive meta. My main problem with her is that you are spoiled for choice on what to summon but you want her to summon into a scrum so more often than not you want to be playing punk zombies all over.

Well Horror Molly will of course love the "Rogue Necromancy" as its going to get a lot of kills (so take back the night will score a lot of cards) and will get a free attack per turn off the many WP duels.
Horrors also of course have access to the University of Transmortis, who with their armor and hard to wound can really afford to take hits to trigger the black blood molly gives them.

Either way, make sure you get Seamus and Dead Doxies, they do great with Molly!

The best way to decide which choice for Molly is best is to tell us what other Masters you have.

And I assumed that the Transmortis dudes were only academics. That box would be perfect for her then.

Seamus, McMourning, Nico, Yan Lo and all the Ancestors. I also have most Horrors, while the only Spirits I own are Izamu and a couple of Hanged. Horror Molly would be the obvious choice, but I love minmaxing.

Izamu is overrated, and while Shikome and Hanged are great summons, I wonder if they are as great if they come with Slow and close to the enemy. Punk Zombies seem to suit Molly's summoning style better for me.

Horror Molly gets a big boost from the Emissary turning everything nearby into Horrors.

Spirit Molly can drop stuff like Shikome or Onryo to spread around Adversary and really fuck things up. The Goryo from Ripples will be her friend, as well.

Horror Molly is basically Punk Zombie bombs, all day erry day. Drop a Punk, force those TN15 Wp duels, (0) to make the Punk Slice and Dice, then accomplice into the Punk to make it Slice and Dice again. Bleed cards from their hand or force through a lot of low damage hits in.

Both good, just in different ways.

Has the Pen is Mightier box been spoiled yet?

.ws/image/Na2Q anony
.ws/image/Na2y anony

You'll need to re-arrange that url a little 'cause Veeky Forums thinks it's spam.

Got my Nellie box yesterday

And the reverse

You're great!

Phiona is a beast, Reporters are obnoxious little shits, and the Press is a fantastic totem.

Guild rules

Getting some more stuff for Marcus and I'm looking for some advice. so far I've got Marcus' starting box, Molemen and Silurids. I'm going to be picking up A rogue necromancy, and a blessed of December.

What are some other good beasts I should look at? Also where there any new beasts in wave 4 that look interesting?

Is the Woe trait on Reporters actually useful for anything?

Canine Remains, Night Terrors, maybe the Spawn Mother box set.

I have the some question. I am wondering if Pandora has an upgrade in the new book that lets her hire them somehow.

Huh, didn't see that. Interesting fluff implications.

Also, kinda want to know Gage's backstory now. Originally assumed she was some sort of manufactured serial killer story type thing, but by the look of things she's some sort of earthbender miner bodyguard.

>Built-in Arcane Reservoir
>3ss
Not bad.

Phiona is Journalist, not Foundry, despite actually being a part-mechanical railroad worker, not a journalist.
I am so disappointed.
I wanted her for Mei Feng as soon as I saw the render.

Lucius works with Woes too, fluff-wise

Thanks, man and here I was hoping for another construct for Hoffman

I remember people were saying she was based off of a rail worker who survived a rail spike going through his head, can't remember the name though.

Phineas Gage.
Good story.

Thanks!

>Izamu is overrated
With McMourning he is crazy, being pushed around and holding people in place for the good doctor to poison the fuck out of.

Shikome are great pickups for McMourning, Hanged are great for Seamus. If you can use poisoners Shikome can get a 1 action charge after being summoned, so that will help a lot.

Punk Zombies come in Nicodems box and you can use them in TT Yan Lo, so i suggest you pick that up next, then maybe a Rogue Necromancy or the University of Transmortis box for Horror Molly. Guild Autopsies are another great horror, perfect for McMourning.

The more Ripples gets revealed the more most of these matters seem a notch above the old ones. Also, they all look super fun to play.

To be honest i think most of the masters are not power creeped, but Sandeep might well be and Reva is going to quickly become "Leveticus" in the sense that because people cant just run all their models directly at the enemy master they will call her OP.

A-any Arcanists reveals?

Interesting. Do "Assaulted +2" condition stacks? Like, if you place five such conditions on the target - will it suffer 10 damage after the end of the activation?

It has the plus and that precedent is set.

from that podcast the other day;
poison gamin are 5 points, when gamins are summoned they have to take a 0 point upgrade with an advantage and drawback.
The henchwoman hits people with snakes

Sure does. Hard to stack it that high, but possible.

It would totally stack to deal one big damage. However it would also be removed as one condition by things like Johan and the Arcane Effigy.

>when gamins are summoned they have to take a 0 point upgrade with an advantage and drawback
Summoned by Sandeep specifically, or will it apply to Mech Rider's as well?

Sandeep

Is it because Reva can go run schemes while punching dudes via corpse markers?

I'm personally excited for her, but compared to the other new masters I haven't heard much Reva hype.

What? No people just really overvalue "having to adjust my tactics" in this game. Pre-nerf Leveticus, Rasputina and Dreamer aren't really any better than say Sonnia, Perdita, Ophelia, Wong or pretty much any ranged focused master but the fact you can't just run your whole crew straight at them makes everyone call them OP.

Its not harder to beat the anchors or to beat the VERY EASY TO KILL Waifs to shut Leveticus down and his damage is objectively average compared to other masters but he was percieved as "unkillable" because people couldnt just charge melee models at him directly.

Reva is going to have the same boat, where people will be confused as to why she isnt super vulnerable all the time and will whine shes OP when the truth is they just refuse to ever adjust their playstyle.

Meanwhile Sandeep looks insane.

> Meanwhile Sandeep looks insane.
Do you have cards of his crew?

No i just meant on what we already know about him. Hes very hard to kill, his beacon is insane etc.

The Poison Gamin cost 5.
Any reveals on their abilities/actions?

malifauxmusings.com/2016/08/ripples-of-fate-review-neverborn.html

Neverborn rundown.

Is it better than the one from s&s?

So do you drop a scheme marker for each evidence stack on Nellie or is it only worth holding onto 1?

It's all the neverborn models, not just the titania box.

You only drop 1 marker regardless of how high evidence is stacked. She uses Evidence to fuel her abilities, and one of her upgrades gives her a bonus based on how much Evidence she finishes the turn with.

I bet I'll also be able to understand everyone. That one fucker always sound like he has a mouth full of marbles.

Now that Leveticus is garbo, will from ash (lol) be redesigned?

> Waaaah my already top tier master can't also kill whatever he wants

>Waah killing two 4 wound models is impossible compared to 14 wound soulstone using masters
>Waah why can he spend all 6 cards in his hand to kill me
Nope, they will not give Levi buffs any time soon. Though From Ash isn't too bad if you have a way of generating scrap.

so is mccabe best as thunders or guild?

Guild gives him Pale Rider (Glowing Saber is scary on that guy) Austringers, Guild Hounds and Executioners, all pretty scary stuff. Thunders gives him Jorugumo, Shadow Emissary, Izamu, The Lone Swordsman and a bunch of other stuff.

Both are pretty amazing and i think both have been discussed to death on the wyrd forums if you search that.

I'm all ears if you want to make an actual argument. Currently, he's relegated to clean up duty and all the out of faction hiring in the world won't fix his own card.
He was strong (though mostly a noob stomper) because of his ability to kill 1 midrange model a turn. You don't even have to kill the waifs, just seperate them from the anchor and they project his movement. I don't even like his pigeonholed role, so I'm just hoping this eventually leads to so mild redesign.
Yessir.

Rusty with her "From the Aether" produces 1 scrap a turn or one abomination from a scrap. Having her produce one scrap a turn then Levi turning that into an Abom is pretty easy, plus he can then turn all of his Abominations hes lost the previous turn back into Aboms. I tried this prenerf so channel really helped you hit the cards you need, but personally i think its not a bad strategy, its pretty similar to somer's gremlin horde strat.

>From Ash isn't too bad
It's pretty weak compared to other summonings. Costing 2ss while needing a 9, suit, and marker is a tall order compared to other masters.

The thing is that wasn't even worth doing with original channel and the los/movement disparity between the two will make it more difficult than its worth.

True enough, but in every Levi crew I've ever played dumping my whole hand and all my stones on what Levi is doing has been a given, so it seemed like no significant cost compared to normal play.

People forget with his shit damage track and terrible base Levi needed those + flips to enable him to CHEAT, meaning he ate his whole hand to do what any other damage master does easily.

>All this Leve salt

Glorious

People who hate Levi are the same people who cant handle Rasputina, Kirai, Dreamer etc and won't be able to handle Reva.

I agree, that's why I'm bummed he doesn't have a secondary role he can fulfill competently. Though I may just go full retard to feel like I'm playing the Leveticus from fluff. He only really killed goobers anyway.

Pretty gross generalization, desu.
I just want to do more than attack every turn, I don't think that's much to ask.

I recall seeing something on the forums about using ashes and dust (with one of the upgrades, not sure if it was scramble or scout the field) and levi's "sacrifice to teleport to" move to score convict labor first turn.

How about using his other attack action then? The one that can deal 8 damage.Or just run desolate soul and Alyce and Levi for more Aboms. Also, considering all the recent complaints boil down to "he's no the best at everything", there's really no need to have an actual argument against it.

10T McCabe can hire Hounds and Austringers.

Not being able to deal with a master and realizing they shouldn't be able to excel at anything they want are two different things.

> "he's no the best at everything"
I'm not that user (I don't even play Levi), but I'm curious - why it is considered that he was best at everything? He wasn't best summoner in the game, he doesn't buff his crew like any real synergy master, etc. Even if he was strong (or too strong, if you insist), it's definitely not because he was "best at everything"

Levi couldn't excel at anything he wanted, he could do mediocre damage but ignore hard to kill and armor abilities. He was "Mobile" in that he could be two places at once but his waifs walked slow as shit and were tied to his other models and if he tried to hide them that meant he would have to waste AP trying to get into range when he respawned. He was far easier to disable than most masters due to the vulnerability of the waifs or the option to even ignore him entirely and just take out his crew.

He was never the best at ANYTHING. He was a reliable damage dealer with the ability to summon some terrible models that sometimes combine into a pretty good one. Nothing he did or does is significantly better than seamus, who has almost the exact same design but is much harder to kill.

The melee action has a terrible MI, doesn't ignore any defensive abilities so its quite easy to reduce or avoid entirely and unless you get that severe is absolute trash, so you basically have to ditch two severes (one to hit, one to do the damage) to do anything, whilst your opponent is then free to destroy your crew thanks to not having a terrible hand.

He's saying that most Levi complaints aren't that he's bad, but that he's not the best at all the things.

ie, he does good damage, but not as much as the Vics or He an summon, but not as well as a dedicated summoner etc.

oh, if I got that wrong - I'm sorry

Which is misrepresenting the complaints entirely, as they are actually "why cant he do the one thing he was good at, reliable mid tier damage". He objectively had bad damage for a master, but was able to do it reasonably consistently in exchange. His mobility was more or less the same as the "functional mobility" of masters like Rasputina or Seamus, he was never the best at that either. He was never the best at anything, he was a jack of all trades with his only "strong" feature being his damage.

Yes he has a great hiring pool, but so does Jack Daw, Hoffman, Collodi, McCabe, Yan Lo, Zoraida and a whole bunch of other masters, most of which provide SYNERGY to the models they hire. He was never the best at anything, the complaint is that now he sucks at his main thing.

Looking to get into this game, probably with Lilith. Could anyone recommend what I need to get to build a decent Lilith?

Both attacks are utilized, so I don't understand that point. Also, leta not pretend scoring severe is easy unless the opponent is relenting.
Leveticus needs to kill to summon, and he is currently on cleanup duty which entails killing the wounded, so I'm not sure how this counters anything.
I'm with the other anons, he was never the best at everything. He was consistent, therefore predictable, which allowed for opponents to essentially choose what would take the assault each turn. I'm not sure if your reading my posts as I'm complaining that I don't like being relegated to attacking only with little to no crew synergy. Many complaints against Lev has been that he is op, when in major tournaments his showings didn't support that. Id say he's hard for the inexperienced to deal with and seems unbeatable, but understand his goals and mechanisms make him pretty easy to deal with. There is a reason to have an argument, to gain perspective and see if your contention holds water.
Yes, many master have hail Marys like that. Can't get too carless as A&D is pretty fragile.

Her crew, Waldgeists, Pimordial Magic, and Doppelganger is a great start. If you have a m8 to split the starter box with, they're also useful with her. Nekima and Black Blood Shamans are also good inclusions.

Lilith is crazy flexible, so she can work with just about anything.

>Lilith
You will have fun, very strong master. And if you like her aesthetic and play style it will be great times.

Well is definitely right about everything he just said.

But i encourage you to also look at other models. Tuco can provide you a sneaky bastard that can take pot shots all game and either shut down scheme runners or score blasts.

The Hooded Rider can just ruin an opponents plans, hes a master of saying "no you don't get to do that".

Mr Graves offers the ability to Push foes around, helpful to trigger Lillith's abilities and he can help prevent enemy charges. He works well with Mr Tannen, who can be another "you cant do that" to go with Hooded Rider.

>Many complaints against Lev has been that he is op
I think it's probably a hold over from 1st ed, when he was pretty OP. Not Hamlin or Pandora bad, but still pretty stronk.
I think the classic grow list looks like a lot of fun.

>mfw Levi salt spam in the general

You have pretty stupid looking face

My anecdotal experience is most people today didn't actually play 1e.
I think the problem is 3 fold with the main issue being what and refers to in most players not adjusting for new environments and situations. Those same people make up the majority of the player base (as with almost any game) and recite the mantra of illness, which encourages resignation instead of learning. Lastly, I feel Leveticus is just poorly designed, but if these spoilers hold true, it seems Wyrd has been coming into their own in that regard.

>illness
OPness*

Also, considering how Wyrd hasn't budged at all in regards to all the complaints about Rotten Belles, it's pretty safe to assume that Leveticus wasn't nerfed because of people who just didn't know how to handle him.

Rotten Belles got far less complaints than Levi did and happen to sell much better. They also DID get nerfed about 8 months ago thanks to a ruling change that said they couldn't lure people to any part of base contact, they had to go directly to the CLOSEST base contact, meaning they could no longer lure people already next to them to score more pounces and had much less control over where people already close by ended up when the lure ended.

Future face of America.

I think there was a bit of a hiccup for some masters/henchmen transitioning form 1st to 2nd. Leve might be one off those that was hit a bit harder with a nerf bat, then he should have been.

Still. The playing field is a lot more even then it was in 1st. By a lot.

Wyrd's sort of stuck in a precarious balancing act now. Unlike a lot of war/skirmish games the level of unit interaction is really high. So there's always a chance of making something too good accidentally.

Firstly, no, Levi hasn't been complained about more. Secondly, a rules clarification isn't a nerf. Levi didn't get buffed because people where playing Channel wrong before it got FAQed

That wasn't a clarification, it was something that went against the way the ability was worded.

Lev was one of those models that hurt the game by ignoring the rules.

I include things like Glowy McTavish in that category. You just do your thing and your opponents choices don't matter.

Cover? Doesn't work. Armor? Nah. Hard to X? Not that hard, actually.

It creates bad scenarios, ruins fun and makes choices irrelevant. That's why assassinate changed-you could invalidate an opponents choice without the ability to play around it.

New Arcanist Tier List:
S-Ramos, Colette, Sandeep
A- Marcus, Ironsides
B-Rasputina
C-Kaeris

Where would Mei Feng go?

Parker Barrows may push Colette down a peg. He exists, so you can't drop her into outcasts

There are fucking tons of models in the game that ignore defensive abilities and nobody was forcing you to pick assassinate, there are still lots of schemes that just suck against certain crew setups.

Sorry, used to counting to seven. I'd put her low a, high b.

You forgot Mei Feng.

>ironsides
I don't think I've seen another master with such variable opinions on their effectiveness.

You picking Lev means I can't pick assassinate.
You picking lev means YOU give up neutralize.

See the difference? Your choice doesn't invalidate my game play. "Just don't pick x" means your choice matters more than mine. That's bad design. They fixed it.

if we're doing tier lists is this right for Neverborn?
S- Dreamer
A- Collodi, Pandora, Lilith, Lynch
B-Zoraida
C Lucius

I'd put Lucius in D tier, just to be safe.

That's because a lot of people play her wrong. She presents as a melee master when she's actually area denial and support.

Can you honestly say a master who can put out six cast 7 charge speed lures a turn is objectively bad? She hands out +/+ to wounded models too.

People who complain about her go "she didn't one round lilith" and "she didn't tank recalled training Misaki." Those people are dumb.

Maybe, but that doesn't at all apply to Levi's nerf. You can say it "invalidates your abilities" when there are some things in the game that can ignore or negate them, but all of the abilities Levi ignored where abilities based around making it so the enemy cant do things. Armor, hard to wound, incorporeal, hard to kill are all about negating your foes actions, so maybe those should be removed to "preserve gameplay". Fuck lets take out paralyze too, since your opponent is choosing for you to not get to use that model!

First time i played her Lillith lured her in, fed her adrenaline with "your shot my turn" then got punched by uppercut and died.

I'd put lilith in s. If you pretend she didn't have a sword and just use her as a control fiend she's obscene

gentlemen, how do we make Lucius a worthwhile choice compared to the other masters in his factions?/actually playable?

Hyperbole doesn't help your argument, friendo