Can we have a discussion on this most awesome set of articles?

Can we have a discussion on this most awesome set of articles?
mimir.net/mapinfinity/index.html

bumping with maps of planescape

This one is kinda phoned in, but people are more likely to post on my thread if it has a higher image count.

It's very telling of modern Veeky Forums that a classic group of articles about a beloved old system like this are ignored but a thread about how barbarians fuck is constantly bumped to the front page.

I'm sorry the imageboard is not to your taste, user. Perhaps you would be happier elsewhere.

por que no los dos?

Wow, I didn't realize how retarded the 4e cosmology was.

Honestly I really like the Synjyn one; that could be the basis of an entire setting on its own.

Yeah, but Fell's Five seemed to do it well. Really 5e was masterful in seamlessly combining 3e and 4e's cosmologies into one.

One is a thread about fucking, which interests a lot of people. And this is a thread that basically requires homework before you can post in it.

>you will never live in an Io-based monotheistic D&D cosmology

It' ain't that hard to do tho. Only thing 4e added that was worth keeping was the elemental chaos and feywild, and those two perfectly fit with 3e cosmology.

So... people prefer to discuss off-topic subjects on here that have several designated boards of their own, and can't post in any thread which requires thought?

Honestly, most of these variations on the cosmology are POV based more than anything.
I love it.

Way to be redundant.

Sorry.

AD&D Planescape books had "how to build your own cosmology" section. Basically, it said that for a bare minimum (to summon monsters from) you need a plane for angels, a plane for fiends, a plane for astral shenanigans, and optionally a plane of shadows/illusions. That's exactly what 4e did.

You'd also need a plane for elementals, no?

Personally I feel that a plane for every alignment that is stocked with gods and such might be preferable to justify the alignment system as well.

If we have an elemental plane (which would naturally divide into sections for each element) which connected to the player world via shadow/illusion plane, which connected to an alignment-divided plane (including angels and fiends) via the astral plane, then what you end up with is surprisingly similar to 3.x planescape cosmology. 4e should have just streamlined that.

>Quasielemental planes coming from the Paraelemental planes
What is this bullshit?

I like the idea of every world being a cross between the ordinary and extraordinary. Imagine if the positive energy plane was the feywild, the negative energy plane was the shadowfell, the "mortal world" and outlands were one and the same, the plane of air was a relatively normal place made of floating islands with tons of air elemental magic and monsters, the plane of earth was just cavernous biospheres ala Journey to the center of the earth, etc.

It's an abuse of prefixes to differentiate between similar things.

What would a crossover setting look like where the ordial plane was the warp from 40k?

So who is the salty faggot that has been posting links to this thread across Veeky Forums?

Me, I also made most of the posts in this thread and replied to myself a couple of times.

truly, i am the master ruse-man

user, have you ever considered the fact that you might be a tremendous faggot?

Salty Sam was a-tryin' to stuff Sweet Sue in a burlap sack.

He said: If you don't give me the deed to your ranch, I'll throw you on the railroad track!

And then he grabbed her.
And then?
He tiiiiiied her up.
And theeen?
He threw her on the railroad track!
And then? And then? And theeeeeen?

And then along came Jones.
Tall, thin Jones.
Slow walkin' Jones.
Slow talkin' Jones.
Along came lonely, lanky Jones.

I don't care, I hold no attachment to this site and wanted to manipulate (to its own detriment) it to serve my desires for a couple of hours. I see now that I have failed. Veeky Forums must be harder to troll than I remembered.

I feel really dumb though. I could have politely ended up with a very nice thread if I had just waited until I had regained the ability to bump/ageru before posting the maps. Sorry, and goodbye.

uh, n-no problem?