All spiders (and spiderlike magical creatures) in your setting have been retroactively replaced by crabs that fill the...

All spiders (and spiderlike magical creatures) in your setting have been retroactively replaced by crabs that fill the same ecological niche.

What happens?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gR02_MFpOYY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Crabs die.

Insects flourish.

The world is now filled by sea snippers.

Lots of snipping occurs.

youtube.com/watch?v=gR02_MFpOYY

>that fill the same niche

>crabgirls

The drow get really crabby about the whole thing.
Merfolk don't even notice.

So, Driders are replaced by crab-people?

I end up with a lot of crab-horses everywhere.

I am no longer so terrified for one thing. Something about a nice thick carapace is reassuring to me.

Can these crabs spin webs?

Something about a GIANT ARMORED SPIDER WITH BIG MEATY CLAWS is intensely disturbing to me

What did you say, punk?

You mean spiders, the primary eater of flies and stuff?
Welp, apparently we have craps that are like amazingly quick jumpers. They ride sideways and have the eyesight of gods.
The other kind would be lurkers, they have a great sense of smell and hide around places their prefererad pray seek out. Or possibly create the smell themselves and kill all the flies that crawl into their mouths.

Either way, I can just imagine that instead of spiderwebs we're out walking and suddenly a thumbsized crap jump up past me to grap the mosquito that was about to sting me.
I would quite quickly, prefer the mosquitos. I kinda like spiders desu. Please don't take them away.

I was watching a fly crawling on a wall, and I thought "wouldn't it be cool if a superhero could do that?" so I started thinking of names: Insect Man, Fly Man... but flies are gross, so I thought what else sticks to walls: crabs so I wrote it down, "Crabman", but that looked too similar to "Crugman", so I put a hyphen in.

driders are now crab people

>I kinda like spiders desu. Please don't take them away.
You're not fooling anyone, spider.

>a nice thick carapace
Tell me about it.

lobsters?

The world is now a better place.

Also lots of crab legs.

Oh nothing, my apologies good sir.

>oceanic drow, reavers of the underdark sea

Rock hard crab boobs. Discuss.

>the King's court has been infiltrated by metrosexuals giving everyone makeovers

>The world is now a better place
Indeed

>Also lots of crab legs
Indeed not

Lets say yes

I have no idea how much happens, one of the creator gods was a spider, this could literally change everything.

That is a lot funnier if you read it with a Zimbabwe accent.

Well, stereotype for spider is plotting in the dark, spinning website of intrigue/betrayal/hidden knowledge/etc. Stereotype for crab is... uh, being gruff? Smoking cigs in gifs on the Internet? Hanging out on the shore?

Not giving a fuck?

>actually scarier somehow

Drow are now Clan Crab from L5R.

>stereotype for spider is plotting in the dark, spinning website of intrigue/betrayal/hidden knowledge/etc
Not really what I was going for with them, it was more ideas of construction, binding, and weaving, and I have no idea how a crab would go about weaving and holding together the various dimensions, or what they would do for the mechanic of where souls go when people die.

He pinches the various dimensions together. Alternatively, he does pic related, but with like cosmic chaos or whatever.

Snibeti snab x-DD

Still got nothing, I'm inclined to say one of the others would have ended up handling that bit, but then I have no idea what the creator crab would have done.

Good souls become glittering jewls upon the backs of the celestial crabs.

bad souls get snibbity snapped in half and the two pieces become new souls which reincarnate to be judged again and again. In this way every soul, no matter how pitch black it started out as, eventually has all its pieces which could be considered good sieved out and borne up to heavenly paradise.

Also, the mortal world gradually becomes a darker place since evil souls muliply and good souls don't even come back, but hey, no system is perfect.

Wouldn't really work, the story with the creator gods is they made everything, then they seemingly fucked off, and it's a huge deal whenever one of them shows up again. Last time one of them appeared they killed off two thirds of the gods, and reshaped a sizable area of the world.

A crab hat does not a crabperson make.