Warmachine/Hordes General /whg/

New Throne of Everblight sculpt edition. Continue the shitposting.

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5e4p5
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

And here's the imgur of eJuniors:
They're also already in WarRoom
imgur.com/gallery/DRZXN
>Gencon Casters

Other urls found in this thread:

privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-08-10-2016
conflictchamber.com/#bc1bd6dzd7d7d7dadadw
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?259237-One-handed-axe-Ghetorix
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How many factions do you collect?
I play Cryx and Legion and I'm on the fence about Retribution because I like the simplicity of one Warmachine and Hordes faction.

Retribution and Skorne

Nothing but Cryx. Mk3 has been rough on me thus far.

Ret and Cryx.

Ret before they were cool.
Cryx after they were not cool.

None of the Hordes factions touch my tralala like giant, hulking steam mechs do.

Sounds cool, bro

I main Legion but I have enough to barely run 50 MK2 points of Mercs I picked up for cheap.

I like my Mercs but I've been dialing back on getting new ones in order to strengthen my options in Legion. Plus until MK3 Legion was the budget option due to how beast heavy it was. It still is, but I think I'll need Swirdsmen, Banshees, and a Hellmouth or two which is an expensive pill to swallow.

I am excited for theme books. Hoping that I can run extra beast heavy with the upcoming themes in the command book.

Cryx and Cephalyx. Mk. III is suffering.

Uh, like six now that my friends decided to drop the game?

Cygnar, Cryx, Convergence, Retribution, Menoth and Trollbloods.

Thank god its almost football season

Cryx, some circle as of mk3

so how powerful is Alexia lorewise? considering she managed to drive off a skorne army single handedly, i'm wondering where she falls on the power spectrum.

i know for sure she wouldnt rank up there at like, circle omnipotent or kreuger or haley level, but where abouts does she fall?

>she managed to drive off a skorne army single handedly,

Not exactly single handedly. The Legion of Lost Souls did most of the work. Witchfire was able to raise them as part of some Morrowan prophecy to save the city. Not really a good indicator of her power level.

Sup /whg/, I picked up the mark two box set for Circle because I want to teleport my guys around and alpha strike with 12 fury in one turn like a silly bitch. I'm not sure how to expand from here though. I play against a guy who plays trolls and I always feel like I'm getting baited into charging and it doesn't really work out. Should I get more ranged units? I'm just not really sure where to expand from here, or what a typical Circle army might look like.

Rob?

The reeves are pretty cool, and you might be more aggressive with things like shadow bind and Argus animus to force him into uncomfortable situations

Skorne and Convergence, plus lots of Minions.

Nice Saints goal post, OP

>Skorne and Convergence
Oh you poor soul.
>plus lots of Minions
Quick, buy a Minions warlock.

Nothing wrong with Convergence.

>Not worshipping Thamar

Who doesn't?
kill them, kill them all

>Skorne and Convergence
>Oh you poor soul
>Nothing wrong with Convergence
Nothing wrong with CoC, and actually tabletime with the new edition is showing Skorne isn't nearly as bad off as first believed. I was staggered by how bad they looked out of the gate, but I've seen them across the table and been surprised a couple times in the weeks since. My theory is the changes to the broader meta provided them with a handful of stealth buffs - less hard control, larger battlegroups, and so on.

The biggest problem with Skorne is really that they're boring. All the stuff that got nerfed hard was the fun stuff they added late in Mk2, and all the stuff that got buffed was the dull core pieces. Prettymuch their strategy with every caster now is "I'm going to try and deliver this slow melee army, and if I do, you will lose."

Skorne never felt slow to me. Sure most of our heavies are SPD4, but you always have access to Rush.

>tabletime with the new edition is showing Skorne isn't nearly as bad off as first believed.
I was going to post a serious reply but I will just laugh instead.

New Khador player here.

They have had solid showings in the last couple of major MK3 tournaments. The Polish one had zero Legion players out of 64 lists yet still had several Skorne.

They may not be God tier, but they aren't garbage fire tier like all of the Skorne crybabies on Veeky Forums would lead you to believe.

Started with Skorne and Cryx in mk3 ;_;, now I'm still using Cryx but switched mostly over to Cygnar because I like shooting, lightning and the whole Izzet theme

Makeda2 with double ferox, double willbreakers is going to take off. those fuckers can threat 18" (walk 11 under dash w/ tycom, jump 5 and have reach)

on top of that, steady tough + camping 6 fury exclusively for stay death is a real bitch.

Skorne has a wurmwood answer, skorne has a gunline answer. and its fucking fast too.

Yeah, Skorne did show up to some major tournaments. They just always ended up in rather bad spots. And some of them are known to be extremely good players.

You think 20 points for 5 weak melee cavalry is going to take off?

Anybody do good menoth battle reports? War gamer girl is always Khador, MiniWarGaming is all behind a pay wall.

fuck yes my nigga

I look at those faggots riding reindeer in Legion then look at Ferox and break down into tears.

Legion and CoC

>actually surprised that people play games at hardmode
>actually surprised that some people that play the game at hardmode gitgud

Fuck i hate Argus model. What if i simply paint Winter one into anything but white - gonna work as normal Argus, right?

Tanith really have better toolbox. Thought i personally like Kaya more both lorewise and visually.

Menoth, Legion, Convergence. And now two of my friends are tearing me apart - one wants me to buy him Circle, another wants me to buy him Trollbloods.
And i cant fucking choose since i like both.

Cygnar (factions almost complete too), Khador, and just starting mercs.

Check Advanced Manuvers. They put stuff out every week

>buying models for other people
Are they like 12? Or just pieces of shit? Or are you just a door mat?

Neither. They are just newbs about everything tied with wargaming. I wouldnt let em pain a wall, their skills in that sort of stuff iBasically i will play mostly with them and a couple of others. And they are the only two persons who care about factions. I can tell them to fuck off and buy scorne or whatsoever, but i like both trolls and circle aswell.
So buying myself stuff and do not really care whom of those two. Might buy both.

How does stealth work with sprays? Can I target a model with stealth more than 5" away or do I have to target something else that hits the stealth model with spray?

sprays ignore sprays. Also you can always target stealthed things. You just miss if you are more than 5 inches away

So I could target a model in stealth more than 5" away but it will always miss?

Correct. Which means regular shots just miss, but AOE shots will immediately deviate.

Yup, this why AOEs and sprays are important when you're facing off against large amounts of stealth.

Sprays just burninate and AOE will deviate giving you a chance of tagging them with the blast anyways.

AOE is the best way to deal with things like mage hunter strike force cause lol ARM 11.

No mk3 Menoths.

Give ideas for new warcasters.

Cassius sans Wurmwood

He would like, make trees or some shit.

privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-08-10-2016

PP, you're not going to convince us Skorne is good by posting mediocre lists.

Orion so CoC can join the gunlines meta

Mother already does a really good gunline this edition.

It's not bad. Ignore the tilt of the commentary, though. The guy who designed and plays this list knows this is a faction with weaknesses that need to be covered. Bugs, eZaal with double immortals and Hutchuck... it's the build equivalent of shouting along with the rest of the Skorne community.

Nihilators and TyComm instead of Haakar and Ancestral Guardians is a variance, but I'll assume it works for him.

A trencher commando warcaster or a ranger dragoon warcaster

Annyssa Ryvaal 2 warlock edition

working for who? Legion or Ret? or Merc/Mins?

I want to see a Cygnar caster in ironhead armor with a minuteman-style jetpack and big punchy robot fists - straight up mecha caster. So, kinda like Darius, but, uh... cool?

give him mk2's Full Tilt spell and we have a deal

Blackfrost Shard as a Warlock uni or just Sevvryn by himselft. Sevvryn always wanted the athanc shard. His fluff says he is willing to sacrifice his brothers for his own game.

Sword knight caster that still uses nomads and talons

Blighted Trollkin or Black Ogren warcaster
More Lich Lords
Epic Darragh Wraith

I don't think Ogrun or Gobbers can have the Gift. Maybe they could exist as warlocks, through contrivances like with Thagrosh.

Athanc gives anything spellcasting. Regardless of their race. Legion could potentially have gobber warlocks if PP wanted to give us a joke caster.

Lavamancer Druid for Circle

DD2 fan?

more like ele shaman from warcraft spouting lavabursts everywhere
also ignite in circle would be cool.

She goes by name Lylyth now.

The Cryxian Undead have a different method of controlling Jacks, in this way an Ogren or a Troll could become a warcaster. Alternatively I would not be apposed to a cryx warlock.

The Cryxian way still uses magic and Ogrun can't use magic.

Orgun can't use arcane magic. They can still use divine magic, if I recall.

They can be divinely empowered, but never able to cast spells. Unless they get a athanc shoved in their heart.

why did dhunia forsake them?

She didn't. They just can't use magic. Same for Gobbers.

The closest to magic they can get in the RPG is the Dhunian Paragon which gives them some slight divine power but it's not proper magic.

Dhunian paragon is pretty good. Ogrun's blessed by Dhunia have supernatural vitality and can make their attacks magical, regardless of weapon.

A menoth choir caster,, probably have something like elite cadre choir giving the choir the ability to stack buffs. Other then that give him a bunch of defensive options to buff his battlegroup

fuck you

Ogrun Trencher/Dhunian Paragon: "Ghostbuster"

conflictchamber.com/#bc1bd6dzd7d7d7dadadw

Convergence Army - 46 / 75 points

!!! Your army must contain at least 100 total points.

(Axis 1) Axis, the Harmonic Enforcer [+30]
- Corollary [6]
- Inverter [15]
- Inverter [15]
- Inverter [15]
Clockwork Angels [5]
Clockwork Angels [5]
Eradicators (max) [15]

Been toying around with this list and not sure what I want to fill these last points with.

So the carrion thrall released now.

I don't really see a reason to use them. Too easy to kill, probably have trouble doing damage, flight without parry.

Only real benefits is the SPD7 and CMA. But I just don't see them being used a whole lot.

How would you use Carrion Thralls if at all /whg/?

A TEP wouldn't be amiss. A single ADO isn't a bad choice either, a directed push can be lifesaving.

Attunement Servitors are a little nerfed, but good.

Eradicators like themselves the UA. Not as much for the mini-feat, but the CMD9 means that their sidesteps are much better.

Don't they get up to like, POW15 with pDenny?

They're a good jamming unit, dirt cheap and they can shove themselves down your throat super fast. As of now they basically replace Mechanithralls because that's all they did anymore and Carrions do it better.

They'll probably see play, Cryx is in dire need of ways to help deliver their shit.

Yeah, a TEP feels like the right choice, just sadly its the one model in the faction I have yet to buy.

Oh, and max your steelsouls. They're amazing now.

Played with the one I have the other night, was super impressed by it.

Are you talking about effective pow considering her debuffs?

pDenny can give -5 arm to a model/unit.

Yea.

They're POW10 base, right?

privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?259237-One-handed-axe-Ghetorix

This is amazing.

Where can I find the stats of all MK3 character? I just a foreign guy that like warmahordes but can buy the minis.

I used to use the books, but now I only have the basic rulebook of MK3.

Carrion Thralls are P+S 7 with finisher.

Oh, that's right. So POW12 and easily made weaponmasters.

kek.

Ah, that shit's hilarious.

The issue for me is they're P+S 7 with finisher so they're conditionally P+S 10.5(avg) with CMA. Whereas Mechanithralls are P+S10 x2 or P+S 13 (combo) and are replenishable.

CMA makes sure that your hits will hit but when you're swinging twice as many hits, it's not so much an issue.

Only place finisher is useful is multiwound, and warnouns which they just don't seem to really have the juice to make it work.

I mean, recursion got nerfed pretty heavily so that's not as much of a factor, and SPD7 is a big deal.

Plus, with the jackspam that's becoming the meta, multi wound stuff is far more common.

So made a list in Conflict chamber that looks kinda fun to implement
75 pt
(Helynna 1) Magister Helynna [+30]
- Gorgon [9]
- Gorgon [9]
- Chimera [8]
- Discordia [18]
- Manticore [14]
- Manticore [14]
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker [4]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution [6]
Houseguard Halberdiers (max) [13]
- Houseguard Halberdier Officer & Standard [4]

My experience in the JML has Gorgons severely irritating enemy heavies by hitting them with a boosted pow 12 and making them slow. Then in mid to late game charging for decent combo strike damage and preventing an enemy heavy or unit from moving to the target they want via force lock (also fucking admonition).

My experience in the JML is that a single Manticore's covering fire can mess up enemy charges or advances or I can fire up to 3 shots into an enemy warjack. One time I got lucky and got off three boosted pow 12s and took out about a third of a crusaders HP well before it ever got in range to effect my army. Two Manticores should be hilarious.

Disco can provide support on my Halbs until they get a chance to charge. Between her and Decel they should be armor 22 to shooting. When things get close and clumped or when the caster gets close enough her spray will wreck face and she can kill a jack good.

Sylys+Oblit+Chimera makes my enemies play their AOE death infantry more spread out and also lets me drop priority marked for deaths.

Epic Eiryss can help my denial game greatly as some factions have no way of dealing with Disruption. Her mobility also makes her as irritating as my battle groups.

Ok I see people harping about these guys like they're the 2nd coming of necrojesus what makes them better than say Raiders or Blackbanes?

I don't know if they're super amazing, but they're cheap, fast, and don't need any non-caster support.

>Sneking in the forest on my horse