Warhammer 40k General

NO SLEEP TILL CADIA EDITION.
youtu.be/07Y0cy-nvAg

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

battlescribe.net)
games-workshop.com/en-US/Space-Wolves-Blood-Claws-2016
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That moment of realization that your tanks, that you spent hours doting over, barely pass the common 3 colors test, because you modeled it after a sherman.

B-but I used shades + edge highlighting!

In before fandex fellating and the cheaters that support them.

I actually use shades (Amazing how far a single pot of agrax will go), but prefer light drybrush at most to edge highlights. The edge highlights make models look a little...I don't know...cartoony?

What are you working on Veeky Forums? Have you played any games recently, or are you planning on playing any soon? If so how did they go/ what will they involve?

In before cheaters who advocate not using the core rules, including ignoring the FAQs

We now have proof that some people don't give a shit about RAW or RAI, but will just try to force ignoring a rule entirely, purely because they don't like it.
>tfw they even refuse to call it homebrew/custom rules

>What are you working on Veeky Forums?

The same three fliers I have been working on. Finally have a few days off lined up at work now that the busy season is over and will hopefully get them done.

>Have you played any games recently, or are you planning on playing any soon?

Been a few weeks since my last game but am hoping CSM comes through this weekend and I can summon the Deathwing for glory.

I played a game of 1500 points, IG vs IG+Inquisition - or so said my opponent, but the dude showed up without half his tanks, to which I said that I'd lend mine to him if I wasn't using them all cause he didn't fucking say he left them in another town. So he decided to fill the points remaining with Eldar scatbikes, a farseer, some sniper dudes and an Avatar.

I felt a little cheated until the game started and I ravaged his ass.

It's really funny playing against him cause he always has a master shenanigan, a WAACky plan that is supposed to be ridiculously OP (and often is), and it always - ALWAYS - goes wrong. So everytime I beat his WAAC ass with my fluffy IG list by sheer dumb luck he goes a little more inside the rabbit hole and comes back with a nastier list, only to be ravaged again.

Soon he'll be going full Eldar-mode and I don't know how to feel about that.

My Chaos Daemons, I got a game in today against a cool dude who brought Marines. I used the Blue Scribes, and they did really well, more because I rolled a 4-5 every turn on maleific. I have to paint 22 Pink Horrors, 6 Nurgling Bases, finish my Fateweaver, and base 20 Flesh Hounds before this saturday.

i got a daemon prince i need to finish this week, i'll probably never use it but it's a cool model. doing it in emperor's children colors

post pictures, doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Trying to figure out a way to fit 3 Exorcist, 6 Penitent Engines, 10 Repentias and some assault vehicle at 2000 points.

unbound, though you'll be giving up obj secured

Mostly just 30k stuff these days

Meant to link

I'm working on unit markings for my Dark AdMech army. I'm basing the markings off the ones shown by the CSM in the Warzone Pandorax book.

They don't look so bad, even though I'm having a problem figuring out how to denote "Heavy Support" using some lines. I'll probably add something like a thunderbolt to make the big guns stand out more.

Sisters player who found out the truth about immolators here.

At the bare minimum, I need at least 2 more melta guns because that would give me a total of 8 aka run 2 squads of Dominions. I would also like a few more heavy bolters as well because that would let me run both HB Rets and some cheap HB troops.

I have some things I need to paint still. There are seven bolters, a Chain/PP on foot and jump pack that are only primed, 2/4 heavy bolters are primed, the other two have the base red, silver, and bronze done, and then 2 flamers and 2 meltas are primed with mechrite foundation in their robes. For my tanks, 4/5 rhino/immolators and my exorcists are painted with my last rhino/immolator being only primed.

Pic related is my part 1 of my Sisters.

I have about 1000 points of Blood Angels to assemble and paint, and then about the same amount of Necrons. My genestealers are already assembled, at about 1500, but also need to be painted.

I'm assembling, priming and base coating as much as I can before the brutal North Dakota winter begins, at which point I can just lock myself in my room and toil away at finishing these models.

And here's part 2.

Now that I know Immolators aren't coming back, I might break down and get my 3rd exorcist. One is the classic organ, and the other is converted from a whirlwind into an immolator turret. I guess having 2 organs would be pretty sweet.

so i know warpspiders and the forgeworld wraithknight are OP, but what about the other units that use monofilament weapons? the nightspinner looks cool and shadow weavers seemed unloved

You left out regular wraith knights, scatterbikes, eldar aspect warriors in formations, flying vector dancing d cannons, vaul weapon batteries, hornets........

>What are you working on Veeky Forums?

I bought a pretty big Blood Angel lot to get into the hobby. It is mostly assembled and all primed black so I have to figure out how to paint that.

>Have you played any games recently, or are you planning on playing any soon?

No games besides some Kill Team to get me into 40k. My friends play CSM, DE, Space Wolves and IG so now I will have BA. We have a decent shop I guess.

Anyway I will be having my first real game at 1000points with a list I got help with here. Got the Shield of Baal book so I can use the Flesh Tearers formation.

I can't decide if I want to play them as true Blood Angels. The lamenters seem like a pretty based chapter. The Flesh Tearers arent too bad either.

If I get the Dragon Red army painter primer and some Nulin Oil I think I can dry brush the rest of the details. Also Deathcompany in black and idk how to make them look good. Edge highlights are a bit beyond me right now

Anyone got pdfs for Deathwatch handy?
Looking specifically for The Outer Reach.

it's almost like i was asking a question instead of complaining about eldar as usual

There's a /40krpg/ thread in the catalog, they have a Mega with all the books released so far for not only Death Watch but all the other Rpgs for 40k as well, including a few homebrew supplements.

So I was talking to 40k players about starting specifically with the Cult Mechanicus and one of the players said he had a fair collection of them he would sell me. They are all assembled and primed silver. He doesn't have the books for the army and I guess I need two which is a bit obnoxious after I just bought a rulebook.
Anyway he sent me a list of what he has and for $300 they can be mine.

Is there anything wrong with Adeptus Mechanicus and with what I have listed below can I make a fair army to get games with?

Tech-Priest Dominus, Cybernetica Datasmith, 2 Onager Dunecrawlers, 2 Kastelan Robots, 3 Breachers, 3 Destroyers, 5 Sicarian Infiltrators, 10 Skitarii Rangers and 10 Skitarii Vanguard.

You're a box of sicarans, some dragoons/ironstriders and an imperial knight from being able to field a War Convocation, which is one of the strongest armies in the game.

>He thinks warconvo is still anywhere near top tier without their battle bros' transports.

Aww thats cute.

Thanks a ton user!

I don't think I would be adding anything for a while after dropping so much on the lot. Also not very interested in the big models like knights just yet. Thanks though.

Finished off a command squad yesterday. Gonna probably buy a rhino next.

Tried playing a game of Guild Ball with my 40k bro last weekend. I quite liked it. Might buy some models. The whole free rules thing is pretty cool.

Playing a 2200 pt army in a 1500 pt game is still nothing to sneeze at.

Point being that it's a good starting point; you've got 70% of the army already taken care of.

Still not sure how to denote "Heavy Support" with the progression in symbolism. A pair of chevrons between the bars to denote HS perhaps?

>North Dakota winters
I sympathize with you, user. South Dakota can get terrible during the winter, when we decide to get them.

You could try and play some Zone Mortalis to change things up. It'd be at Kill Team points level, but it might be more fun.

>Point being that it's a good starting point; you've got 70% of the army already taken care of.

Oh I see, that's a better way to look at it I suppose.

I was afraid it was either a really bad army or a 2spooky army that no one will face.

Finished a semi kit bashed breacher squad for my 30k imperial fists. Still not ayre where they'll fit in my army list but I couldn't pass up how cool the shields looked.

>tfw have to prime my model before ND winter hits me to
If I knew I couldn't prime my models while I was at school I never would have applied to UND

Next.

What's going on guys? Got any games coming up, or a good match with even better stories?

Or maybe you're working on some cool new models, hell maybe you've got an old one your just so proud of.

Show to me your stories friends.

No like this

See
Follow responses.

Hey, I'm actually right next to UND. I'm over at the air base.

Idk what you are trying to make with these, but they are bad.

If you like the army go for it. That's a pretty good deal, you're saving ~75$, even more at GW prices.

How much would I be hated if I took a Prometheum Pipeline and stuck a unit of 10 Retributers with 4 Heavy Flamers behind it?

Beats the shit out of our SoB player who will bring the FW Flamer knight any game 1250+

People around here get assmad about FW, which I'm fine with because it makes my wallet cry anyway. I also don't want to spend so much on something I can't guarantee I'll be able to use all the time.

I'm just trying to think of neat ways to use the same models I've been looking at for 12+ years now.

Currently working on painting some Warbikers. Debating on colors though. First test was an attempt at orange. Not sure if I want to stick with it or change to the customary red.

some things just aren't fun. I have no problem bringing my knight gallant to matches, but that's because it's a melee beatstick that can't delete entire units on turn one.

It's still one of the best armies of Tier 2.

I dont much care that its is forgeworld I just hate he brings it constantly but when you argue against it he says its fluffy because flamer.

Yeah I don't have any Knights myself but my friend I face the most has an Atropis(?) and it isn't too bad. When we play duals it is actually a great ally to take care of other knights.

You go to grand cities for gaming?

I would if I could be bothered to make the 20 minute drive over. I moved here in May and I haven't been there yet.

So I was browsing FW and I noticed something.

What does this red symbol mean?

death, those models with that mark are getting discontinued

Played a three man kill team. I played Guardsmen and the other two played Orks and Elder respectively. Eldar player is super new and had very little choice when it came to models, hence kill team.

still really don't know how to play the Guards. I've played a few games and have quite a bit of plastic, but I'm really not sure what works best. I'm mostly playing them because I like them so far, but winning would be nice.

I've got some sentinels and rough riders (actual, legit riders by the way, not forgeworld krieg crap), but something tells me they're just going to look nice and that, in a game like kill team, I'm going to be better off being orks with a higher ballistics and cheaper point cost.

Ah yes, that's fair. His fluffy argument really only a holds the weight if you don't offer counter argument. There is nothing inherently fluffy connecting a Knight and a Sister of Battle slimy because the Knight has a flamer. In fact, it's more fluffy NOT to include one because the Sororitas don't trust Astartes or the Ad Mech.

If you want a truly fluffy piece from FW, look no further than the Avenger Strike Fighter. Why? Sebastian muthafucking Thor used them religiously during the age of blood, so the Ecclesiarchy sees them as a proper symbol. Guess what? Not a single flamer to be found.

I dunno, user. I really like it. How'd you get that Orange color on the bike? I want to do that for my Deffskullz bikers. I think that orange and the blue on their bodies will really look nice together.

It's a deathly hour-glass, like other guy said means you're running out of time to get it

Weird, because neither the warboss on bike, nor the nobs have that symbol. Means they're probably just stopping with the bundle.

>Want to make a bike-heavy Ork army.
>This bundle costs like 180+ dollary-doos.
>This bundle is now ending soon.
>I need like thirty bikers to complete my list.
>Mfw

Yeah he actually has one of those, sometimes he brings inquisitor with skulls to mess with psykers but not against me specifically.

A metallic silver down first, then a couple thin layers of Vallejo orange fire. I used a torn sponge with the metallic to simulate chipping, then washed it all in Riekland Fleshshade.

I thought about doing the hairspray technique for chipping, but with 30+ bikes on my painting/assembling backlog I chose the faster method.

Those are nobs, so you probably won't need more than a single unit of them.

Nobs are also piss-easy to convert to be on spess muhreen bikes. 3 of the nobs in the nob box have poses that let you just plop them on a spess muhreen bike.

The biker boys I've found are actually the more expensive ones to fill, since a box of 3 of them is ~$45.

Inquisitors are fine, honestly. They shared a book for the better part of 3 editions after all. Personally, I don't ally, and if I did, I'd probably go with GK because I used to do that back in the days of C:W/DH.

Here's my potential 1500 with relay pipes.

+++ Goodness Gracious (1500pts) +++
Great Walls of Fire

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Canoness [Combi-Flamer, Rosarius, Storm Bolter, The Litanies of Faith]

Saint Celestine

+ Troops +

Battle Sister Squad [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer]
····Immolator [Storm Bolter, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]
····Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

Battle Sister Squad [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer]
····Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

+ Fast Attack +

Dominion Squad [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
····Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun, Upgrade to Veteran Dominion Superior]

Dominion Squad [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
····Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun, Upgrade to Veteran Dominion Superior]

Seraphim Squad [4x Seraphim, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers]
····Seraphim Superior [Bolt Pistol, Bolt Pistol, Melta Bombs]

+ Heavy Support +

Exorcist [Storm Bolter]

Exorcist [Storm Bolter]

Retributor Squad [4x Retributor, 4x Retributor with Heavy Flamer, Retributor with Simulacrum Imperialis]
····Retributor Superior [Bolt Pistol, Storm Bolter]

++ Fortifications and Stronghold Assault (2013) (Fortification Detachment) ++

+ Fortification +

Promethium Relay Pipes

Created with BattleScribe (battlescribe.net)

Has anyone bought this Blood Claws box from the GW website?

games-workshop.com/en-US/Space-Wolves-Blood-Claws-2016

Seems like a pretty good deal. What sprues/how many plasma guns does it come with, anyone know?

Some people gets triggered super hard at the mere mention of Eldar. Same with Tau, though they are sometimes brought into the discussions by spergs who want to complain about them, can't find a good reason to do it.

Monofilament is the one where they wound on initiative, right? It is a rather cool concept, and it is far better than grav in concept, in that it doesn't punish you for paying for better armour saves.

It is not too strong, and against a lot of things, it won't make a difference. Marines and guards have equal T and I, but Orks, Tau and Necrons will hate it like the plague, and Eldar and a lot of Demons will laugh at you - initiative is generally a lot easier to get in high values than T*, but some armies suffer from an army wide I2, so they will weep against it.

*Disregard Eldar, who for some reason can field T6 infantry. Most other armies are hard pushed to find T5 models, and T6 is almost impossible, outside of MCs or bigger, and even then, a disgusting amount of them are STILL T5. This is also why people prefer Scatter guns, because anything difficult to wound is so rare, it will barely ever be relevant.

Whats the tier ranking of every army?

Read you spastic.

Tier 1: Eldar, Space Marines (including DA), Daemons, Tau
Tier 2: Everything not included in the other tiers.
Tier 3: Chaos Space Marines, Dark Eldar, Orks, Tyranids

Tier 1:
Eldar, Marines, Tau, Demons

Tier 2:
Whoever is left

Tier 3:
Orks, CSM, Dark Eldar

Really, you can't go super wrong in terms of power, as long as you avoid the bottom 3. Nids might also need to go in tier 3, but a Flyrant is super strong, so if you don't plan on going for that, they will likely drop down to CSM levels.

eldar are the top dog, no question about it. after that vanilla marines, daemons, necrons, and tau jockey for 2nd. everyone else kinda fights for 3rd/4th tier with orks and csm hanging out at the bottom

note that due to psychic powers, formations, tactical objectives, dice, and etc the game can quickly change. sometimes even the daemon hunters can beat daemons

solid answer, thank you

>Like Orks fluff-wise.
>Build an Ork army awhile ago.
>Mfw they're shit now.

i hear tales of far away lgs where the games are fun, the fluff is nice, and the players are plentiful. i helped coach a 40k game last week of orks vs vanilla, the ork kid was wiped but it was heavily in vanilla's favor

Where would Eldar corsairs be placed

>eldar are the top dog, no question about it.
Most tournaments seems to disagree.

And honestly, Space Marines have enough tools to deal with anything your opponent might bring, and ESPECIALLY if you know what the opponent is bringing.

Are you retarded? None of those posts leave any question whatsoever about where Corsairs would be.

Tier 2.

They aren't "Eldar bullshit" tier, but they are still incredibly strong, but fairly easily abusable. Their leadership makes Orks look brave, especially if they ever start falling back.

I have dicked them super hard with Dark Eldar, where I had pretty much the entire army run off the board turn 3. It was a Weider game.

Pistol slingers are fucking cool though.

>challenge nid player to a 1000 point game with dark eldar
>he takes two flyrants with twin linked devourers and electro shock grubs

i admit to bullshitting most of the time i'm on here, grav is very good

>ask a marine player for a game with my Grey knights with nothing but terminator armoured dudes.
>he agrees, and says he has a special list for this kind of occasions
>grav everywhere

Reminds me of a game I witnessed at my LGS.

>Dark Eldar player asks IG player if he can not bring his Baneblade for one game
>IG player agrees, as long as the DE player doesn't bring anti tank
>IG player then does full armor spam with mainly Leman Russ tanks

Some people can't help but be assholes.

>ask marine player for a 1500 friendly game
>brings Gladius, all razorbacks w/ TL assualtcannons
>I have IG and SoB
>still won tho

Is it better to run normal Imperial Guard rules rather than the Death Korps of Krieg ones?

>Grav

As a Sisters player, I find Grav kind of funny because we're generally wounded on a 3+ anyway. With grab though, we'd be on equal footing, except we have a 6++ save, which means we're 16.67% better at eating Grav than space Marines.

I love shitting on cock suckers like that with Sisters. We generally have so much melta that we don't give a shit about how much armor the opponent brings.

help me Veeky Forums, I've got some money to spare and want to start a quick Eldar army. Whats the cheapest possibly 250-500 pt list I can get?

>shitting on cock suckers like that with Sisters.
That's like 50% of the reason I play SoB.

Not Demons. They're only top-tier with summoning spam, in which case War Convo is top tier as well

>grav

As an orks player I find grav funny as well. It's the only time I can feel good about my army.

All of the top tier are using specific lists, marines aren't winning by spamming terminators and whirlwinds.

>Challenge a guy to a 1500 game of GK vs Tau
>Says it'll be casual and fun, don't worry about it
>I set down my Paladin and Interceptor heavy list
>He whips out 4 Riptides and as much cheese as he could cram
>Tabled turn 3
>mrw

Fuck that guy, should've just said no to playing that. I don't have time to play that many games and this shit turns me off from even wanting to.

You shouldn't had accepted to play against that.

I also enjoy the look on people's faces when I pull them out. To me, that is enough to push me to keep going.

Still, shitting on people is too fun.

I remember back in 5th during the height of the GK mess, I took SEVENTH in a huge 60+ player 1000pt tournament with my sisters. Round 3, I was against one of the GK players, and I went to town on his ass. Back then, I ran Celestine, 2 Melta/HF troops in a rhino, Melta Doms, Seraphim, and double Exorcists at 1k points (basically what I do now except troops are HF/F Immo). His baby carrier shunted next to my exo with the intent to assault next round, got one pen on my side to which I ignored with my 6++. I moved back 6 inches, opened a foreign lane for Exo #2, and wiped it off the table. The paladins lost 3 members to the Dominions who were of course swept in return just in time to get bogged down by Seraphim. The surviving Seraphim HnR'd away leaving those poor Paladins to get drowned by Exorcists. The rest of his units were busy with my troops and Celestine.

>play 2k points GK versus triptide and double stormsurges
>he spends the whole game shooting everything at my invisible paladins
>I still have one model standing at the end of turn 5
>I call it a victory

>don't believe the stories of Necrons being unkillable
>new guy comes in with his necron army
>challenge him to a 1500 point game with my tau
>fire everything into his wraiths
>deal 1 wound

Oh, so you got lucky with the dice.

I know.

I honestly don't know why I agreed in the first place, the faggot was the pinnacle of Tau stereotypes; a 300 lb. weeb with a trench coat covered in pins and some anime on his t-shirt.

Usually I play with some guys that go Orks, Deldar/Craftworlds (he likes guardians and Banshees, so it's pretty cool.), Nurgle CSM, and DA/Sisters. The games are always fun, suppose I was looking for something different Be careful what you wish for, I guess

I haven't played against him save for one other game, he promised it would actually be casual so I brought Space Corgis and IG he brought the same goddamm list but it was okay I won by selective charge and objective camping. Woo hoo. Luckily no one plays him anymore except newbies, but they learn soon enough. Such is life.

You did fall into the trap of putting all your firepower into the unit designed to soak firepower.

I wish GW would release more than one thing at a time, or at least put things up for preorder more than a week in advance so we could know better what is coming