This is your party for tonight, describe the relation your character has with them

This is your party for tonight, describe the relation your character has with them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EdX5a4SusSE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is wrong with their faces?

Adam Warren drew them.

Cursed by the BBEG, their quest is to find a cure.

I used to have the issue of PlayStation magazine where this art originally debuted and remember everything about what was going on with this and what the context was.

Can you post it? I was thinking about converting it into a campaign, but I remember very little.

His sword is squint

>the men are fighters, the women are casters
end this sick meme now

How do you know the cleric isn't, in fact, male?

and how do you know that the fighter isn't a reverse trap?

Please go jerk off and come back to the board when you're fit to be human.

>characters going against gender stereotypes is magical realm

It was an idea about a JRPG-style game (this was back when WRPG's were for computers only basically and JRPG's owned the console market) that was mostly about breaking the "rules" of JRPG's they always seemed to have

Lead guy in front is The Hero, who wouldn't be a chosen one, wouldn't be special, and wouldn't be "gifted" somehow. He's basically be a soldier, the sole survivor of his unit or knightly order through sheer dumb luck, which would explain why you'd start at level 1; he literally wasn't anyone special until you began to play him.
Chick to left is the Black Magic Girl. Back then the magic-using chick who fought using lots of offensive magic was always the "I'LL HELP
EVEN THOUGH MY SPELLS AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH" anime demure heroine, so they went in the opposite direction; she'd be this punk-rock badass with a foul mouth who tattooed her spells onto her body and was basically kicked out of "magic school" because she was massively disruptive and focused on dangerous magic. Hero's love interest as per standard, but their relationship would be one with lots of slapping because they'd grate on each other's nerves all the time most of the game.
Guy in right in black was the Dickass Thief/Shady Assassin type guy. That's basically it; you'd never REALLY win him over with the power of friendship and he'd always be shady as fuck and even when he got friendlier he'd still be pretty much looking out for his self-interest.
Healer Girl was the funniest; the idea was that she'd have to root around in people's guts and PHYSICALLY close the wounds with her hands before magic worked, but despite how gory the thing was she'd be perversely cheery and bubbly all the time in contrast.
The old guy is the Huge Weapon Tank, but rather then a burly hard-headed dude he'd be this aging badass who basically used magical steroids to keep in shape, with a storyline dealing on his increasing reliance on chemical and magical assistance and his desire to die like a warrior.

Was this from the 90s?

Their teeth are a parasite that has infected their heads. They're looking for a cure.

There was some other ideas, but mostly they were ideas about gameplay that sounded pretty impressive back when PS1 was around but now you could find in a couple of fairly popular games, though not necessarily JRPG's.

Early 00's I believe.
Aaaah, the good old days.

How about some 90s space western?

This is your party

That show was actually pretty badass.
The gunfire eyecatch between episodes was actually pretty entertaining.
youtu.be/EdX5a4SusSE

shame the homebrew was never completed

I thought it would be early because honestly that doesn't seem all that subverted.

>describe the relation your character
I'm their surgeon-wizard. I enlarge their eyes and mouths and transform their noses into tiny little nubs that they can barely breathe through.

This makes them more fearsome to their enemies and instills fear in the common peasant.