What's the proper term for a prosthetic everything-but-the-brain?

What's the proper term for a prosthetic everything-but-the-brain?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YWQnzylhgHc
youtube.com/watch?v=1QPiF4-iu6g
youtube.com/watch?v=VPNRDpP_pmA
youtube.com/watch?v=NJIjNs_s2NI
ibtimes.co.uk/first-ever-head-transplant-volunteer-terminally-ill-russian-man-1495897
youtube.com/watch?v=yXOhIJg4B7k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cyborg, same as any other human with prosthetic limbs

A lot of people will recognize the use of Shell from your own pic related. Another easy term is 'full body cyborg'.

Jarhead. Too bad that's taken.

Fullborg

No, not the *person* who has a prosthetic everything-but-their-brain. What is the proper term for the object the cyborg wears/is plugged into?

'True cyborg' as a person who can't survive and continue living without augmentations. Taken from Orion's Arm setting

Prosthetic body.

Prolly this

Shell (again), prosthetic body, man-chassis, "my other pants", "the other other white meat", "something less comfortable", go nuts with it.

Full-body prosthesis.

Robocop

A Motoko.

A robot with a human brain.

Thats called a full-body prosthetic. You have replaced every part of yourself but the brain with hardware. Its just like having an advanced prosthetic limb, but taken to the extreme.

>"The other other white meat"
Going to have to get my sides recalibrated, thanks for that.

Shell.

Full-body prosthesis.

Full Body Prosthetic
Cyber body (cybernetic body)
Full cybernetic

The individual would be considered a cyborg.

1 open service ticket remaining.

Exoskeleton?

>"the other other white meat"
Knowing the origin of the phrase "ghost in the shell" makes this extra interesting.

So basically what does Robocop call his body? Exactly that, a "body"

No, what does Robocop's doctor/engineer call Robocop's body?

Cyber-body
Frame
Exo-Frame
Cyber-Frame
Max-Clank

Vessel

I guess it would be a full-body prosthesis or a shell or something?
On a side note: I don't think a brain in a suit can be considered a "human" anymore- A person definitely, but not a human.

Also thank you OP- you've reminded me of how absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous the original 1995 ghost in the shell is, but on the other hand it's given me context on how.. The new one is kind of ugly?

These

The million dollar paycheck we could only get to run off of baby food?

the two oshii films and the original manga are the only good-looking entries in the franchise anyway (and in very different ways), it's just down to who's in charge of it and how much money they have to play with.

>the two oshii films and the original manga are the only good-looking entries in the franchise
I'd say SAC was pretty good looking. Not a shine on what you mentioned by any means, but still very nice looking.

i don't mean it was bad, it was well animated and stuff, but no particular shots or sequences really jumped out at me. admittedly it's been a while and it has some heavy competition like you said.

Brain Box

We've already got robots controlled by living brain matter, they're called hybrots.

Metal corpse.

I think it's called a Weavil. Or possibly a Ghor.

Yeah the originals were such a nice artistic take. Wish it hadn't gone so shiny in the later season.₩₩

explain plz

I always liked the term "full conversion cyborg"

>Cyborg, same as any other human with prosthetic limbs
>Full-body prosthesis.
>Thats called a full-body prosthetic.
>Full-body prosthesis.
>Full Body Prosthetic
>Cyber body (cybernetic body)
>Full cybernetic
>full-body prosthesis
Do you even Ghost in the shell OP?

>Doesn't notice OP's pic is called "Ghost in the shell 21"

The major makes me diamonds, no matter what iteration. Especially when she goes all muscular

>>Doesn't notice OP's pic is called "Ghost in the shell 21"
Yeah, it's a pic from the factory assembly sequence in the first movie, of the model of full prosthetic body the Major's is based off of right?
Hence why his not knowing the term is strange...

>The major makes me diamonds, no matter what iteration. Especially when she goes all muscular
Eh, mileage may vary there...

>Yeah, it's a pic from the factory assembly sequence in the first movie, of the model of full prosthetic body the Major's is based off of right?
Yup
>Hence why his not knowing the term is strange...
I assumed he wanted to know other opinions besides the one he got from the show. Then again, I assume too much things. It is a good point, though.

Season? You mean Innocence?

The 98% Solution

>3 4 and 5
I haven't watched the show yet really should but what the fuck is up with those ones?

If you have a full body prosthesis, you can get your brain into a different set of otherpants, like #3, either because you got bored of your previous looks (in the movie you can see Mokoto's shell isn't a unique model) or because you're pretending to be someone else. Infiltration.

The doll one...stop fooling yourself. Watch the movie. It explains all you're asking, and you'll love it regardless.

How about prosthetic everything including the brain? A robot?

The Mayor's brain is also cybernetic, barring a few clumps of neurons.
This leads her to question her status, and whether or not she's a fully cyberized human, or a full robot that thinks is human, especially because there's a hacker that can rewrite people's memories in order to make them work for him.
And then she meets a full AI that is very arguably alive in the real way.

A wife.

It's called a body shitlord. Don't project your bionormative ways onto a beautiful cybernetic being.

>The Mayor's brain is also cybernetic, barring a few clumps of neurons.

This is a thing which already exists and it's called a hybrid robot, or hybrot.
Presently it's rat neurons controlling robot bodies.

>hybrot
Holy shit. This are the first steps towards Servitors!

There's also that one time we dissected a nematode in the '80s, mapped its brain, and plugged a digital copy of its brain into lego.

Some sort of ghost robot brain I don't even know
youtube.com/watch?v=YWQnzylhgHc

youtube.com/watch?v=1QPiF4-iu6g

I keep watching this and all I can imagine it doing is screaming in existential terror. Constantly.

>I have no cheese and I must squeak

>in the movie you can see Mokoto's shell isn't a unique model
Wait, when?

When will they make me a female shell/prosthetic body that feels just like really being a girl?

During the musical interlude there's a bit where she's riding a boat down a river, she looks up and sees herself in a building above her. They make eye contact and both look disturbed.

Revengeance.

Heey, you never explained what this meant. And I did watch the movie...but it was a long while ago.

you mean the scene with shots of a display mannequin that also looks exactly like her? (not to mention the recurring basset hound)
it's symbolic, not literal.

>and both look disturbed.
total embelishment

No, quite literal.
33:43
youtube.com/watch?v=VPNRDpP_pmA

yeah ive seen the film dude. it's obvious if you look at any of the symbolic elements or presentation, but this isn't the place for a pointless argument about film

I was merely providing the source for , assuming it was the same user. Maybe I should have quoted better.
What do the bassets represent, however? I don't know the irl purpose of such ugly dogs.

Probably another metaphor.

An animal bred for a highly specific task that isn't used for that task. Unless I'm forgetting fox hunting being a huge thing in neotokyo

oshii puts basset hounds in i think every one of his films, he loves that breed of pupper i guess.

in this film specifically the connection seems pretty clearly related to identity and self in some regard. in addition to appearing there while the major is grappling with her own doubts (and perhaps acting as omen for the appearance of the puppet master driving those fears to a head), they show up in these two shots, both from the sequence where the garbage truck guy is being told that his memory is manufactured.

"Full-body prosthetic" or "whole-body prosthetic?"

I think that kind of dog is meant symbolize "life" in his works.

makes sense. im leery about trying to make cross-work connections but that would fit in the context of innocence too

>What's the proper term for a prosthetic everything-but-the-brain?
cyborg.

youtube.com/watch?v=NJIjNs_s2NI
like this, but a rat

A less than ideal result from a flawless plan that hit an entirely unexpected complication.

A Lhost.

Homo Beepboop.

I don't recognize 1 and 3. I'm guessing 1 is manga, and 3 is a disguise shell she used at some point?

>On a side note: I don't think a brain in a suit can be considered a "human" anymore- A person definitely, but not a human.
I'm inclined to agree, depending on how advanced the artificial organs are. Living without an endocrine system would mess with your mind.

>I don't think a brain in a suit can be considered a "human" anymore- A person definitely, but not a human.

I've always been allergic to any definition of 'human' that involves the clause 'ass must be made of bacon'. Humanity is a set of ideals, not a carbon count.

Probably some time after they nail down this little proof of concept.

ibtimes.co.uk/first-ever-head-transplant-volunteer-terminally-ill-russian-man-1495897

>where is my body!
>what is my body!
>what am i!
And unlike the worm bot, rats are reasonably Brite animals

My question is, who was the donor?

Isn't that why mgr specifically mentioned the bodies handling the brains chemical environment?

>I don't recognize 1 and 3. I'm guessing 1 is manga, and 3 is a disguise shell she used at some point?
I assumed, thing that gets me is whats the deal with 3, 4. and 5...
If 2 is the first movie's Major and 4 is SAC Major, why are 3 and 5, who I assume are from the second Movie, are where they are?

In Rifts a cyborg who had nothing human left but the brain and the brain stem was called a full conversion cyborg.

It's been a while since I read it but I'm pretty sure 1 and 3 are both manga. 3 is the body that one of her children/copies uses after she seeds the Internet with herself.

Perfection

youtube.com/watch?v=yXOhIJg4B7k

4 is the anime, 5 is the doll she borrows in GITS2.

1. is he manga
2. is the movie
4. is SAC
5. is the second movie
6. is Solid State Society
7. is Arise

If I'm not mistaken 3 is a disguise used during one of the animated series, but I don't remember when.

do you think spies in the GitS world sometimes install themselves into beagles for recon

One step from perfection

FTFY

The Wrong Trousers

Er...Was curious what the deleted posts were so I checked the archives, but why are ND's posts getting deleted? He's behaving for once

Brain Mecha

doesn't excuse pointless namefagging.

He's not doing anything that should get a post deleted though, even if he's shit a mod or janitor doing that anyway nonshit posts he makes is kinda worrying

namefagging without a reason lowers the quality of posts, and low quality posts are against the rules. You shouldn't be concerned with that unless you intend to do the same.

Back on topic though, what systems even support something like a full body prosthetic? Something like shadowrun you'd die of essence loss before you were even halfway there.

Eclipse Phase