Is this just me, or is this Amanda Waller as a Planeswalker?

Is this just me, or is this Amanda Waller as a Planeswalker?

Not thick enough.

Thanks, user.
We really needed three active threads about one single card in a card game.

Why so many blacks on the recent sets of Magic...

It has to be self hating sjws. Close to no black people play magic - the number of female blake players is probably in the two-digits. It's obviously not about representation, and it's not like WotC is going to bring in hordes of female black playes by introducing kaya. Probably some sjw on the creative team with an agenda to push because he or she has low self esteem.

Kind of a cool card though I like how it plays.

Are you really losing sleep over it?

>Probably some sjw on the creative team with an agenda

I'm 200% anti-sjw but we have to stop reacting like this when blacks or whatever non-white shows up : what is arabian nights ? who is Tefeiri ? etc.

This. Worst part of that shitshow of a movie was making The fucking Wall into a skinny bitch.

>
>
>It has to be self hating sjws. Close to no black people play magic

With such an inviting and welcoming attitude from the current player base, I can't see why that would be.

We've already had a set based on fucking Africa. You're about a decade too late to complain

Wizards thinks that people don't want to play their game because of the "lack of representation" when in reality it's racist as fuck to assume that minorities can only identify with people exactly like them

Report, hide, move on

>It has to be self hating sjws.

Maybe it's a Stormer false flag. They're forcing black characters into the card game ust so the subject comes up. Then their undercover brothers can get their shit in and convert the normies, and no one will suspect that they just came here to shitpost about the blacks.

I definitely know of cards and have touched a number of them.

If Eminem could get onstage and do rap battles then I can't see why nigs can't drag their ass to a comic shop.

better than when the new 52 tried to make her sexy

there have been black characters in magic for years now. blacks not playing magic is not because there aren't enough black characters. it's almost as if there's another reason why they don't play magic.

nobody cares what color your skin is or what genitals you have if you want to play magic. the racist, sexist, xenophobic boogeyman does not exist. if people show up to a gaming store wanting to play magic, there are people that will teach them so long as they aren't acting like huge dicks.

Sure this newfangled "Zhalfir" thing is yet another sjw pandering shit, innit?

Clearly, self-hatred is the only answer for a fantasy character's melanin content.
Sure, shoehorning characters of different races into everything isn't nearly as productive or revolutionary of a statement as the people doing it think it is, but on the flipside, the plane Kaya, Ghost Assassin is from has people who are black, and those people sometimes do magic and assassinations and shit. It's not really that big of a deal, and it really shouldn't bother anyone very much.

>Sure this newfangled "Zhalfir" thing is yet another sjw pandering shit, innit?

YEAH MAN! Remember when the Mirage block was so inclusive and diverse with its white, latin, and asian characters? And Kaervak was gay?

That seems like a Really shitty card.

>Black
>Female
>Ghost Assassin
>Amanda Waller

Nigga, she's clearly Leslie Jones.

>Amanda Waller
>Assassin
tard/10

>it's almost as if there's another reason why they don't play magic.
?????

so she exiles herself and gets back to full loyalty right?

yep. nice trips too. She is a cool card, but a massive hate magnet; you better be able to defend yourself , or else the table will target your ass.

If we go back tot not!Africa and it's not full of white people then there will be cause for riot

>new BW walker

Whelp

It's official

Sorin a dead.

RIP best walker. You were the only reason I gave a fuck about this shit game. Now I have literally no reason to play. Time to sell my cards.

>Why so many blacks on the recent [media]
because african americans are severely over-represented in all american media

that said I'd be down for mirage-2.0: ungabungaboogaloo, but I doubt wizard's would risk releasing anything that potentially controversial

we are never going back to Jamuraa
muraganda might happen

Don't worry, she's only 3/5 of a planeswalker at best

>all this "back to Jamuraa when?"
Theros is the black people plane now.
We wuz godz an shyet.

it would be cool if they made planes like they used to
dominaria had different continents with quite different culture, magic, and aesthetic
theros is just the "we all greek here" plane, would have been cool if miles away from the known theros continent there was the egyptian continent, next to them the babylonian continent, and so fort
the same for kamigawa being a distant continent in innistrad
like, the way alara is
but nope, each plane now has to be literally a dimension of just one culture

They at least sort of tried this with Tarkir but just HAD to fuck it up with HURRDRAGONRAPE

fucking scaly had to fuck up the place, not like zurgo was a likeable person but still

>Sarkhan ruins an entire plane for, ultimately, no reason whatsoever
>is revered as a god on said plane

>Nahiri intentionally unleashes plane-eating Eldritch horrors on an already fucked-over plane out of pettiness
>gets away with it

>Sorin hurt one woman's feelings once, a few thousand years ago
>imprisoned and killed for it

WHY IS THIS ALLOWED

>no reason whatsoever
he was a PETA/Greenpeace advocate who Jurassic Parked the dragons via time travel, ruining civilizations, also a confirmed scaly
i swear one of these days Ugin is gonna dick the multiverse big time

Viola Davis isn't that skinny. Plus, if they needed to cast a fat black woman, we'd end up with Leslie Jones or some shit.

That was likely an attempt at synergy with the Green Lantern movie.

Should have been CCH Pounder. She IS The Wall.

He did it so we could get Ugin back.
Thing is, not only was Ugin completely unnecessary to defeating the Eldrazi, they're actually a vital function of the Multiverse.

#SarkhanForPrison2016

Not all old planes were like you're describing.
Some were very much like the innistrad.
Dominaria was special and unusually large. Many times bigger than earth.

>they're actually a vital function of the Multiverse.
is this confirmed or just speculation? are they the galactus of the multiverse?

Sarkhan had no idea what he was doing, didn't understand time travel or what would happen.

none of it was planned on his part, he just did things.

Nahiri has gotten away with it.. for now, but none of what she did was considered good or positive, she's still very much a villian.

I thought you fucks didn't like your villians to get beat that quick? don't you need new villians in magic?

whats the problem with her getting away to plot again.

more than that.

the three titans created all the Planes of the multiverse.

Ulamog breaks the plane down, Kozilek reconfigures everything, and Emrakul seeds the planet with life that goes on to evolve into beings you know.

this is why planes have goblins and elves and shit, all life has a similar enough origin point, Emrakul.

>her getting away to plot again.
we still don't know if this was all bolas' plan to control phyrexian eldrazi drones and rule the multiverse

is this confirmed or just speculation/fanfiction?

It's important to remember, we've only seen one of the several continents on Innistrad. The others could very well have had different cultures and magics.

Of course, now we'll never know. Thanks for fucking nothing, Nahiri!

did you read the Uncharted realms?

Emrakul has a talk inside jace's mind, Jaces brain translates it to a conversation he can understand.

Emrakul admits everyone is her's, and she doesn't want to play anymore because she is not complete and no one should be rejecting her, that her place/function is disrupted.

this upset her so much she helped seal herself in the moon by planting the idea in jaces head, re-writing tamiyo's super-scroll to be Emrakul's mana spell to give them enough juice to do it, and taking over Tamiyo's mind temporarily to make her cast it.

essentially Emrakul can't "not" eldrazi-ize things, but she doesn't want to do it to an already seeded world.

without her brothers she can't do her job and just wants to go away.

Innistrad is still there and mostly fine.

The whole "Innistrad is utterly destroyed", was stupid when it was first started and has been confirmed untrue.

>did you read the Uncharted realms?
nope the writing is really bad, i usually check with my friends or buddies at the LGS to keep up with the storyline
thanks broderick, have a bazaar of baghdad

Hey, remember that time Avacyn disappeared for a few years and the whole place damn near fell apart, even with the plane's big evil gone as well? You know she's dead now, right?

so is alot of the 'evil'.

are the demons and devil gone?
don't the demons reform deep in innistrad's underground after a while thus the need for the helvault?
they're the greatest evil in innistrad

And so are most of the vampires. The werewolves have a leader who is making them work with humanity. So the forces avycn needed to balance are not there like they were in original Innistrad.

Sugars is still providing protection and magic to humanity, and the order of saint draft is around.

Innistrad is still around, this is confirmed canon. Deal with it.

NOT ALL VAMPIRES ARE EVIL CHECK YOUR HUMAN PRIVILEGE

Two of the most powerful were permakilled by Liliana. So much less.

And Avycyn's main job was to keep the vampires in check. Not demons.

well alot of them got ermakul'd too.

the forces of good did get a pseudo-replacement, Thalia fused with her stand 「Saint Traft」 and was able to wield the Moon-silver spear because of it.

her fusion was apparantly so strong she could kill a being such as "Brisela" with somewhat ease.

this includes "empowered, glowing yellow-white hair" "angelic ghost wings" and hopefully, hopefully posing with 「Saint Traft」 behind her.

>Thalia fused with her stand 「Saint Traft」
this needs to become a card

She is pretty weak.

it did, design fucked us, we could have had a Thalia card, that, when something occurs, she flips into "Thalia, of 「Saint Traft」"

and has like, hexproof, taxes your opponents and when she attacks does something like poop out 2 3/3 attacking angels or something.

specially for something which will not play in standard
it's ok for edh if you esper and include venser for maximum etb shenanigans

I'm pretty sure it was development who decided everything in EDM needed to flip into eldrazi.

I would be unbelievably upset if this is true.

I want ONE, just ONE Innistrad flip that is a good guy flipping into a more powerful good guy.

I am SICK of that shit, the good faction of innistrad got NO flips! ACROSS THE BOARD!!

Just to annoy you user, it's obvious! Mark Rosewater knows how much do you hate black people on cardboard and planned everything to bother you.
You can insult him in his tumblr

why? a creation myth where the creator are unknowable, Alien God-bacteria is bad for you?

did you want it to be a big bearded Sky Dad?

No, I just have an (admittedly) irrational hatred towards the Eldrazi and I don't want them to secretly be good for the Multiverse. I want to continue despising them for the eldritch abominations that they are.

>>imprisoned and killed for it
Sorin's still alive, just in extreme pain (sufficient so that he cannot planeswalk).
Anyone with magic abilities could break him out with relative ease.
Olivia doesn't want to though.

they aren't "Good"

they merely are, they are integral for the universe to continue to function and produce new planes.

they are too cosmic to have moral quantifiers.

>still alive, just in extreme pain
That's even worse than death.

>Thing is, not only was Ugin completely unnecessary to defeating the Eldrazi
Nigga what the fuck they couldn't have done anything without Ugin's knowledge. Did you even read the story? The fundamental basis of their battle plan was Nissa reshaping the leylines of Zendikar into Ugin's specialized Eldrazi-binding rune.
They couldn't have accomplished anything but suck Ulamog's twelve story monster dick without Ugin.

being good for the multiverse does not translate being good for individuals planes and the people living in them, specially the ones about to get galactus-ed
lovecraftian gods are usually integral parts of reality, but that does not mean they are good guys because in lovecraftian mythos the universe is, for the most part, an abhorrent. uncaring place

which is smart, Sorin's hubris and selfishness was partial blame for all this.

could have tooken 10 god damn minutes of humoring Nahiri and showing the slightest respect (in his own way of course) to nahiri and nothing would have happened.

Nahiri is to blame too, but Sorin's indifference spurned her attack, which caused him to over-react and imprison her, ect ect.

Sorin, clearly cannot be trusted with anything, even shit he cares about, because he puts it in jeopardy regardless of how much he says he cares.

he just can't "not" be a standoffish fuck.

Does what's his name the werewolf legend count for you?

I guess so. I've never been big on Lovecraft anyhow, so maybe that contributes to me not liking them. I dunno. I think if we ever see Emrakul again, it'll be too soon.

That's speculation.

The fact that 1000+ years could go by with them stuck in a plane and nothing bad happened regarding them not making planes suggests it's not a fucking issue.

Nahiri is entirely responsible for her own actions and you know it damn well.

Space is an uncarring place, we are on a rock moving millions of miles an hour in an inconceivably large field of rocks and exploding gas balls in which a untold, unknowable amount of shit could destroy us

>3/5ths Compromise joke
Seriously underrated post, right here.

a thousand years is a fucking nothing kid.

they are integral to the process of recycling/creating planes of existence.

this means NO ONE PLANES CAN EVER BE CREATED EVER AGAIN until all 3 Titans exist in some fashion.

this is such a bad thing that Emrakul fell into depression and imprisoned herself.

CREATION has halted because of a few children.

If the fundamental forces of reality are that easy to fuck, it would have happened anyway.

That's enough generations out for me to not give a shit.

>my mentor has abandoned me and my people
>i shall destroy innocent lives in his home as revenge
>partial blame
a very, very tiny part desu

er, he imprisoned her in solitary confinement for a thousand hers, denying her the ability to defend Zendikar.

then when she gets out, turns out he didn't properly defend Zendikar either.

so she brought the last Titan to Innistrad (it has to fuck SOMEWHERE up) as revenge.

she's 6K years old, she, nor sorin, can possibly give a shit about individual lives.

>If the fundamental forces of reality are that easy to fuck
It's not easy. It wasn't easy. Most planes (no planes?) are as strong as Zendikar, and Zendikar is the only blatantly sentient plane we know of that could lend 100% of its power to a chosen animist (Nissa). The Eldrazi planar binding rune was a secret known only to Ulamog.
Oath of the Gatewatch was not some quick counterspell. Outside of the Legacy Weapon and the Golgothian Sylex (and even possibly surpassing them but it's a difficult comparison), Zendikar being channeled through Chandra through Nissa to burn planet-sized meat gods was probably the most destructive event in the multiverse.

did she not start a physical confrontation after being denied aid?
>give a shit about individual lives
so why not realize in a few thousand years more she will have grown into not giving a shit about individual planes? or anything for that matter
sure, sorin is petty, selfish. and arrogant, but nahiri is taking it to greater extremes

Niggers not excelling at a game based on resource management you say...

>CCH Pounder
Holy shit you're right. I already knew Snyder was a hack, but this just takes it.

They did it right with Tarkir, then dragons happened.

Zendikar had many different races, cultures, features, and locales.
Until half of them got dusted by Ulamog and the rest had to unite into a murky brown coalition force deprived of identity.

>did she not start a physical confrontation after being denied aid?
no she didn't.
Here's the order to what happened.
Shows up and asked what happened
Sorin explains in a rather insulting fashion.
She asks for aid.
Sorin dismisses her in an insulting fashion
She reminds him that he had promised to provide that aid.
Sorin says nothing.
She says "You owe me for this, for all the sacrifices I've made, now get moving".
Sorin says "I owe you nothing" (actual quote). Betraying her, and proving that he won't do what she needs him to do unless she makes him.
Also insults her.

THEN she tries to physically force him to do the thing he had promised to do, in exchange for her endangering her entire world and sacrificing millennia of her time.

>so why not realize in a few thousand years more she will have grown into not giving a shit about individual planes?
or perhaps, more accurately, have gone a wee bit crazy after millenia in a endless black void with only demons for company.

Her actions after escaping were evil, but she'd gone a bit crazy.
And Sorin was definitely a villain for how he acted.

Muh dragon dildos.

What a disaster.

Also, literally the second Magic block ever was Nigras.

This just makes it kinda worse.
Dominaria was fuckhueg, yes, cool. But we've been told Ravnica is the largest plane in the multiverse and it somehow is all one single culture? We've also been told Innistrad is one of the smallest planes in the multiverse and it still has mysterious other continents with entirely different cultures.

Granted the later may be a way to exploit the "immigrants are the scariest monster" horror trope in the future. But it really is weird. one Uncharted Realms narrates how Sarkhan soars from Atarka to Kolaghan terrotiry and this is enough space between them to have entirely different cultures but Theros has cities whole oceans apart that are exactly the same but just pay to a different god and paint their cities a different color?

It's lazy bullshit.

I like the design a lot, its much more interesting than the typical planeswalker design(a + a - and an ult that threatens to win the game)

she didn't try and fight him until he told her that he owed her nothing.

which is a lie, he swore an oath, he broke that oath.

and maybe now that means nothing to people but in the olde'n'tymes breaking an oath was something you DIED over.

Nahiri only fought him to win his respect, though, he didn't take it that way when she started to beat Avacyn to death.

Stupid, violent and repulsive aren't the same thing as "scary".

or maybe just have eldrazi aberrations still rampaging through those forgotten places

>breaking an oath was something you DIED over.
they have to make a saga in which the jace-tice league all break their oaths and he has to visit them to collect

Refresh my memory if you would be so kind, user, how did they pry the planar binding rune from Ulamog's mind? I remember someone of the Jacetice League suggesting to bring them to the inside of the metaphorical pond of Zendikar and killing them there.

Not sure if I'm remembering events right, but

JACE

IS

A

FUCKING

TELEPATH