Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Order take all edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:
Um... What is wrong with Destruction?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1TRBq7GVnJM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for arrowboy spammers should drink bleach

Mfw I bought 2000-3000 PTS of bretonnia for 30 dollarinos

want to expand my stormcast force.
Should i get:
-Stardrake templar(because I love the model)
-2 boxes of prosecutors with javelin8to fulfill the idea of an entire winged army)
-paladins protectors(because i love their look). also, how well do they play on the battlefield?
Still haven't saw anyone play it irl, just a theory on /tg.
just 30 buck? you lucky bastard.

Hello folks. I've been typing up a Skyborne Slayers + Thunderhead Brotherhood army thanks to your help and I sit at 2240. What can/ should I put in there to reach 2500?

why would you want to play 2500?
at 2000+ the game is a mess. its still fun but it painfully slow and tactic goes down on a sinkhole.
So I would just reccomend "anything you like".

Noice. How badly painted/put together are they though?

How's it feel to win for once, Orderfags?

Any fellow bretonnia players got tips on lists, im thinking of running a Pegasus themed army (since I now have 11) but im not sure how well they do on The battlefield
Pretty bad but not unsalvageable, I dont mind tho it was a Great bargain. Here is The full list of what I managed to save
The Green knight
8 Pegasus knights
20 knights of the realm
5 grail knights
1 trebuchet
40 archers
10 men AT arms
1 paladin on foot

I hear good things about Brets. Very good performers.

Feels damn good.

I'm a Chaos/Beastmen player. Glad I lost to them and not the sudden influx of bandwagoning Destruction faggots who suddenly picked up Ogors.

>Ironjawz player
>picked up OK stuff for Gutbusters
>beastclaws come out
>get labelled a WAAC faggot
>by the seraphon players who stomp new players in open play games
It just made me want to play Beastclaws that much more.

As a Freeguilder, fuck that asshole with the cheesiest lists you can make.

>first for arrowboy spammers should drink bleach

>60 hand gunners?
fine :^)

>massed dwarf gunline?

>Elf archer spam?

>Skink archer spam?

Die in a fire please.

About to paint some Gore-gruntas, and having a hard time to get my pigs the way I want them. Anyone has any tips and tricks to paint the swine?
The face wont come along, the fur just looks... well bad... I tried to do classical drybrush, I tried to do over spray with the airbrush, I played around with washes... but nothing I do seems to make it look right.

Pictures?

>Die in a fire please.

Not even dead can justify their sin

I'm fielding 40 Hangunners as two units, am I going to get that guy accusations?

I'm also going to be fielding 60 Guard, so I figure I'm fine.

Took a quick shot right now. Personally, I just feel the face got to sloppy, and that the fur is.. I don't know, not popping enough. Perhaps I should repaint the fur in a brighter color?

Hey, I could use some help with some lists I was thinking about purchasing.

Arch-Warlock - Cunning Deceiver, Crown of Conquest - 140
Thanquol and Boneripper - Warpfire Projectors - 500

Stormfiends x3 - Ratling Cannons - 300
Stormfiends x3 - Warpfire Projectors x3 - 300
Stormfiends x3 - Shock Gauntlets x3 - 300

Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team - 60
Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team - 60
Ratling Cannon Weapon Team - 80
Ratling Cannon Weapon Team - 80

Clanrats x10 - Rusty Blades - 60

Sylvaneth you're opinions

Sons of Durthu 400pk
Gift of Ghyran
Briarsheath

Branchwitch 100 pk
Regrowth

Branchwitch 100pk
Throne of vines

10x Driads 120pk

5x Tree revenants 100pk

3x Kurnoth Hunters bow 180pk

1000 pk

I'd say the face needs more depth/definition in places, and definitely do the fur a brighter colour, it barely looks like you've done more than one on there.

>I'm fielding 40 Handgunners as two units, am I going to get that guy accusations?

Nope you're an order player you get a pass.

Only Destruction players are ordered to drink bleach if we play our armies a certain way

Looks dull to paint and assemble, and those Stormfiend units will looks pretty bad with 3 times the same miniature.

Well you'll never need more than 2 units of 3 imo.

They're more for war machine/stray hero hunting that actual punching power

>mfw my faction doesn't even have ranged weapons

just
irrelevant
late

Death?

Convert some Skeleton Archers?

Host of Slaanesh

Like all the other times order wins in all the worldwide campaign. It feels good to kick the piss out of Chaos and take the wind out of its sail.

I feel your pain mate, new to the game and my friend runs dwarf gun spam and constantly proxies their strongest units against me. I wouldn't care too much but I have a death footslog army with no Wizard (for a while anyway) so I have no way of denting the 30+ bonus that gives him the bullshit amount of shots each turn. That and our games are pretty much decided by who gets second turn which feels like a huge waste of time to me.
I thought it was a meme but shooting armies fucking suck to play against, I may as well pack my shit up and go, thanks for the single turn game.
Can't wait to get some Necromamcers to spam bat swarms around the bastard and arcane bolt his group size bonus away.

Throw in some Slaaneshi looking Ungors?

I feel bad for Sylvaneth fans because the lore is going to be about how awesome Stormcast are and the trees are just gonna be a footnote.

No it won't.

Bow Kurnoths are definitely a strong choice. Last night I sat them on an objective for 3 rounds and my opponent just couldn't shift them. With all the healing available in Sylvaneth and re-rolling saves they're utter filth.

Consider taking Verdant Blessing instead of Regrowth, you currently don't have many ways to produce Wyldwood's - which are key to your armies survivability and mobility.

Throne of Vines is especially good if you're planning on unbinding a lot of spells against a magical army but if thats your plan then beware the danger of locking down a fragile Branchwych.

Briarsheath is a strong option on Durthu (or any Treelord) when stacked with their Groundshaking Stomp to give opponents -2 to hit.

Consider taking a Treelord Ancient instead of Durthu if you want to use Gift of Ghyran. The Ancient can fabricate Wyldwoods to get you the D3 healing and has a decent command ability to let you re-roll saves of 1. Don't forget, this also gets relayed off your Kurnoths too!

Durthu is awesome but reaches his best potential as a bodyguard to Allarielle (who can heal the wounds he intercepts for her as well as allowing you to risk D3 wounds to buff Verdant Blast).

Lastly, it looks like you've got the bits of the Start Collecting Sylvaneth box. If you don't already know, there's a nice ability on a sheet exclusive to the box: the Treelord and Branchwych automatically heal each turn and Dryads ressurect from the dead ;-)

Don't worry, the fucking Sigmarines already got themselves the obligatory feature in the Sylvaneth Battletome.

Tell the fucker to stop proxying or proxy yourself a few necros

Ill go in with some more spot selected washing on the face, blend that to create more depth. Ill also hit the eyes with some purple wash to glaze just under the eyes (the bags), to get some difference on the facial colors.
On the skin, Ill hit it with the airbrush, keeping the dark brown in the recesses, the problem I have is, I don't know what brown to use.
The mahogany base has a bit of red in it (quite a lot actually), and don't just want to ad a brighter color to it as it will only make it appear pink. At the same time I don't want the fur to look to leathery brown, as it would take away from some of the leather straps Ill be painting later, what color would you propose?

Fuck.. I meant to say "On the fur, Ill hit it with the airbrush", hope you still got it.

To be honest the Host of Slaanesh is probably one of the hardest counter to ranged spam.
My Seekers, of which i have plenty, with little to no effort can move 16", run 2d6" and charge with a +1" all in the same turn, and with the order of the KoS can be activated twice in the melee phase. They are just brutal against archers.

If they cover their archers, and they should, i just crash them with a chariot.

But with no real variety of support units, very small heroes bonuses, and all the unit being variations of the same fast assault unit, it can be a little boring.
Having some ranged stuff would mix up the gameplay a little.

I always liked Beastman. I would like to add them to my army, but I have to finish painting the daemons first.

Tuskgor Fur or Baneblade Brown?

How would you deal with a skellybrick? Just curious. Is it just drown them in attacks and hope they don't get up?

>Skaven breeding pits

Or Gorthor Brown, if Baneblade is a little bright.

You should play frostgrave if you want breeding pits. All the multipart plastic furries you could want in that expansion.

Don't start this shit again.

Do you think anyone will actually have fun playing that army?

Never face them, but I guess I would play just a lot of chariots and big units of daemonettes, counting upon my charge bonuses and the battleshock gimmicks I have.

Wasn't me last time, and it really wasn't the intention to do so now.

Let's say at 1k, I just like to pit my skellies around in thought experiments.

tfw you will never have a harem of cute females kept ready for you by tame cut eunuchs ready to breed strong new skaven warriors

Ok, in 1k I would try:

Herald of Slaanesh on Exalted Chariot
3x Seeker Chariots
A unit of 20 Daemonettes
A unit of 30 Daemonettes

I would assume the enemy has big units of skeletons. 40 men strongs probably.

So i would choose one, and strike with the Herald+1 chariot or 2 chariots, and one unit of daemonettes.

Since the mobility I have, I would definitely have the first assault.
My chariot would deal a good amount of damage in the charge phase. On average the Herald does 1 mortal wound per model in 1" when she charges. The other chariots do 0,5.
Let's say i can make the charge and be a 1" of 5 models. That's 5 mortal wound. Maybe a second chariot for 2,5 mortal wound extras.
Then there are the attacks.
About 6 dead with the herald and 3 per chariot.
Not many but they add up.
Then the daemonettes (probably the first i'd choose to attack), if they manage to stay 20+, can easily deal 10+ dead.
I would receive a counter attack for sure and something would die. Probably a chariot since you'd be force to reroll the 6 to hit against the daemonettes, which would be harsh especially with the spears.

I lose about 200+ point of army probably, but I force you to make a battleshock test with 25 rerolling 1s and a -1 for the exalted chariot.

I'll get countercharge, which would hurt.
Next turn I retreat the chariots if alive, and charge with the two remaining and other deamonettes.

I can make this thing twice, maybe thrice.

Not sure if I can win, I would depend on how good you are to absorb charges and how many tricks you have upon your sleeves, but i would force you to play but I'm fairly sure I can delete your biggest unit out of the field on the beginning and force you to play with that.

Has anyone tried using military tactics from ancient to modern times in their games. Ive just started and im trying to recreate Alexander the Greats formation with death units

Why?

How so? Stormfiends and Thanquol and Boneripper are two of my favorite looking models in the game atm.

Wow, that's more killy than I thought. I'd be fielding my Legion of Death, maybe mix up my usual and drop some archers for more spear skellies to absorb the charge.
My usual list is
Legion of death batallion
Wight king w/banner
5 black knights
10 grave guard (maybe drop to 5 and add 10 skellies elsewhere)
10 skeletons
10 skeletons
20 skeletons
10 skeleton archers
Tomb herald

Basically I try to make a tanky brick that has a 5+/5+/6+ save and rezzes d6+2 skellies a turn. If I beef up the bricks by shifting archers and grave guard, I'd get a decent main block. If I got the charge though (not likely vs slaanesh) With a 30 block it'd be a 160 attacks on the charge though. Add a +1 to hit for the king and a +4" hero phase move and guaranteed 6" charge the other units will have a chance to catch up at least.

They should be mentioned. Order fights like a team. Unlike Chaos and Destruction. Death is not even worth mentioning.

An interesting battle for sure, but if you leave your skeletons in different small units I fear they would be selectively erase one by one, and you wouldn't have the bonus attacks for being bigger unit, which is what they rely on.

For sure the grave guard are not efficient, the amount of mortal wounds i can cause on the charge and the fact they are 1 wound each (which i found weird, but whatever) they would die very ineffectively.
If I bring a Keeper of Secrets, they would be far more interesting.
I understand you need them for the batallion, but I don't think is worth it in 1k point to be force to spread your units and have a unit that you are not sure it will even be able to attack once.

I think to win you should take a big unit skeleton, spread it in a line to minimize the charge wounds and make it immune to battleshock with the commander ability.
Put in on the front of your army, and force me to deal with that first.
You'll lose it, but with no battleshock they can absorb a lot, and leave me open to countercharge, which is what my army fear, especially from those Black Knights.

Stormfiends suffer from a massive monopose problem.

>

The book is £30, £25 digital for almost no content and you know it.

Piracy is a service the community performs for one another because the main company is fucking awful and it would bankrupt everyone to buy every book just to keep up with things, and if a pirate posts two thirds of a book missing one of the most important parts of said book, it absolutely should be brought up.

Well, imo the black knights suck, but you might be right about the batallion. So if I drop that and half the GG I could run two skelly units, one 40 and one 30 at least and still have +1 rez from the tomb herald. And then I would probably drop the knights and rather rain 40+ arrows on you per turn.

Post your favourite non-gold Eternals

Anyone have the pictures of those dwarf storm cast someone did last year

What's a good technique to do splatter effects like that?

Let Duncan-sensei show you the way

youtube.com/watch?v=1TRBq7GVnJM

There's something about this lot that I don't quite like. I can't put my finger on it other than say detail is lacking in some way. I'm not sure if it's the flatness of the red or the over airbrushness of the white/shading. It's good, I don't dispute that, but there's just -something- about it.

Entitled little shit. You don't have to buy every book because the warscrolls are freely available on the gw website. Only buy the books if you want the fluff.

Fuck off, he obviously missed off the warscrolls cus, oh, guess what! Instead of being a lazy twat and expecting everyone else to do everything for you, you can get them from the gw website! Oh, and on fucking top of that the complete ePub is up, and before you moan ohhhh but I want pdf once again, just do a little work and download a free ePub reader, or are you too much of Luddite to know how these things called computers work? Unappreative, lazy, entitled, dickhead

You don't have to buy every book, the rules for each unit are provided for free.

>Almost no content
Except for unique warscroll battalions, background material, battleplans, Allegiance traits, spell lores, and artefacts, sure.

If you're pirating a book just because you want to know what the other side can take (aside from what's included in the aforementioned free warscrolls), you don't need to bring the pirated copy into a GW, you can just read the faction's rules at home. So the format shouldn't matter at all. The fact that you 'need' to be able to pass off a pirated copy of a book as legitimate implies you just want a perfect version for free and are trying to justify that selfish behaviour.

Yeah no, he's the one who's been lazy here. It's transparently obvious to any inbred child that downloading the warscrolls seperately leaves you with about 20 seperate pdf documents, which is a massive hassle next to just including the pages in a book you professed to be offering in the first place.

Just use the app, it's free too.

Honestly at this point I'm considering just taking the missing pages out of the epub and working out how to add them to the PDF myself. I mean, as much as offering the PDF in the first place is a nice gesture, leaving pages out of a book, especially rules pages out of a rulebook, is such a transparently obvious fuck up I don't even know how you can pull it off.

Again, compiling PDFs is so easy a child (or an 80year old) with only the simplest googlefoo could do! It is laziness, plain and simple

See this guy's reply.

So you consider it a simple task, and when I tell someone he fucked up a simple task it's me who's lazy?

Yes it's you who's lazy! He didn't fuck up the task, he left it out as he had done a fuck ton of work as it is. Show more appreciation and say THANK YOU! you ungracious nob.

So I see todays theme of drama is raging over someone not giving more free stuff on top of the free shit they are already giving everyone...

/AoSG/ as usual...

That's the sort of entitled attitude that makes one quintessentially British.

True, but a true British gentleman still says thank you whilst robbing taking the shirt from your back

> based celestial vindicators letting hobos fight alongside them

>Here's a free car!
>I didn't include an engine though

Aww is that your best come back? Using a completley ridiculous and hyperbolic concept and yet still missing the point completley! I will have to relent and apologise. I knew the Internet was full of stupid folk, but this is m&s stupid! It was my bad for thinking that you could have the mental capacity to do such simple things. I guess it should be expected that you require everything given to you as you are quite obviously still being spoon fed by your mother.

>TFW you are finishing your Archaon and already own a unit of 9 Varanguard and a gaunt summoner
>You have a friend with a perfect Bloodmarked warband
> A buddy with the plague touched warband all ready to go
> An acquaintance with the Fatesworn warband
>Nobody with a single mortal Slannesh unit to his name...
>Three friends with 9000+ points of Dwarfs between them wanting a mega battle.

DAMN SLANNESH! She/He/It/Shitstain denies me my chance to play Archaon's Grand host! Fuck that God to death for being absent, not just in lore but also among my friends.

How cool would it have been to take the Archaon's Grand Host battalion against an entire Dwarf warden... But no one wants to build a MORTAL Slannesh army. The demons work but the mortals suck dick... I just need six units though... Almost tempted to buy two Slaves to Darkness Starters just to get that force up and running...

Anyone have experience with mortal Slannesh? The only good thing I see is the Lord that gives a unit the ability to swing twice in one turn... the rest is kind of shitty really...

>>Here's a free car!
>I didn't include an engine though because you already have the engine and all the resources and tools to very easily add it to the car
Fixed it for you... Now fuck off cunt

That's... Pretty awesome. I'd say you split the cost with your friends and you all build/paint them up so you can all do the grand host vs the dwarfs.

So my ironjawz just came in the mail, havent picked them up yet but i needed to ask - is there a way to get the starter formation in the app? I fucking hade carrying books when i can just use my tab

And if you keep up with thinking your entitled to just receive these items and moan continuously when you don't get it in your way/the way you want it, without you having to do anything, then the free,pirated resources will dry up because they are taken for granted, you free loading scum.

I can give you the entire warscroll battalion except for the rules if you like.

Oi, twats, how should I paint my general's horse?

Dark green and copper/bright bronze armour on the horse, green/yellow cloth and copper/bright bronze on the general's.

The start collecting batallions are only on paper in the box. Take a pic, keep it on your phone.

Alright, I went back and took inspiration from the actual GW range of colors listed in the back.
After a quick visit to my local game-store, I got hold of Gorthor Brown to brighten the fur up a notch (saving the mahogany in the deepest of recesses). Then I added the bleached part towards the bottom of the fur, which I think added a great effect to the overall pig.

What I wonder about is if it would have looked better, had I not chose to airbrush the Fur, and finish with a drybrush, and instead used the "layer" paint as it is intended. Sure, it would have taken a lot more time, but I think the end result could have been even better.

Anyways, now at least I feel like its an ok pig. This I could work with so to speak. Thanks for the feedback and help with colors guys!

With a paintbrush

Very funny, lad.

Looks better already. Glad I could help, mate.

Okay... I will answer none sarcastically. My boneszone guys have a similar green/bronze going, that I think works well with the bone, so many go for a dirty cream for the horse?

Sounds like an idea. I'll give it a go.

Thanks, but I'm looking for ideas on how to play mortal Slaanesh or make an army that can be played on its own or in the mega battle.

The formation is the following...

1 Mortal Slaanesh hero
6 Mortal Slannesh units

What kind of army should I make within this kind of limitation?

I could buy two starter sets of Slaves to Darkness and build the following..

1 SLAANESH MORTAL HERO

Lord Of Slaanesh On Daemonic Mount (140)

6 SLAANESH UNITS

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)

Chaos Chariots x 2 (160)

Chaos Knights x 10 (400)
- Chaos Glaives

Chaos Warriors x 10 (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Chaos Warriors x 10 (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Total 1340pts

This could become 1500 easily by summoning an exalted chariot of Slaanesh for normal matched play so it wouldn't be a waste... just uninteresting...

But is that worth anything overall? All it really does is have the buffed Knights charge and double strike the shit out of something and then just be worse Chaos units...

Any other ideas to make a more interesting army of Slaanesh with only Mortals that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

$200 is a steep cost to just being able to put down shitty units for our mega battle...

What are you working on today /aosg/?

Are those the guys that killed Be'lakor?

No, it was their rock dropping cousins from across the street that did it... but it did happen...

>TFW Be'lakor is no where to be seen in AoS fluff...
Feels goods mans