Is there any better gun in the galaxy? The answer is fuck and no

Is there any better gun in the galaxy? The answer is fuck and no.

>can fire 100 (!) shots
>pinpoint accuracy because gravitation doesn't affect the beam
>cheap
>you can recharge it in your Chimera or even by leaving them out in the sun (potentially infinite ammo!)
>reliable

buy now or talk with your local recruiter and enlist to Imperial Guard ™

Logistics-wise it's a wet dream.
Performance-wise it's meh.

But since the IG is stupidly massive, has a high turnover and needs arming and maintenance the lasgun is perfect for the job.

>Can fire infinite shots, self-powered
>Pinpoint accuracy because it's exotic energy
>Easy to produce
>Doesn't need recharging
>Reliable
>Outclasses the majority of small-arms in the galaxy
>Capable of damaging any kind of armour, regardless of toughness, as it attacks the opponent on a molecular level
>Mass producible as a simple Necrodermis construct
>Self-repairing, self-maintaining and can be recalled back to its owners with an uninterruptible phase

Primitives get out.

>>Easy to produce

Mary sue gun.

>Basic of the basic Necrontyr construction
>Easy to mass-produce for its creators

Primitives be mad 'cause their industry is shit.

Sure, it's no Boltgun, but to call the Lasgun "Meh" performance-wise is like saying that the most cutting edge assault rifles of the modern day are "Meh".

The Lasgun is freaking amazing, but in a galaxy full of xenos freaks that can survive surgery that makes our own medical history look tame, wave their hands and make bullets with their mind, spit acid as potent and devastating as a tactical nuke, and literally rebuild themselves from fragmented scraps of metal... well, the Lasgun just isn't up to par.

Do the Necrons even build new things anymore? I was under the impression that they pretty much just chill out in their tombs and use tech and weapons built when the Eldar were still cavepeople.

Modern assault rifles are seriously meh.

No. It really is meh. There are many better options on the galactic or Imperial stage.
It's more like saying that a generic stamped out AK copy is meh. I think, I'm not a /k/ommando

AK sucks to begin with.

>Eldar were still cavepeople.
>Galactic scale population
>cavepeople

Oh, I dunno, how about not running out of power, punching holes through 70+ km of armored buildings, and being rugged enough that forget "a tank rolled over it", a titan would use the damn thing as a shield if it could get one.

>which it can't, this thing will just implode the titan on the way to whatever it's actually aimed at

If you're gonna say best in the galaxy, make sure of your claims first. It's kind of a big place.

Exactly. It's just durable.

Remind you of any imperial mass produced, durable and easy to maintain weapon given out to en masse to cannon fodder?

>easy to produce
>you can just eat the ammo back
>self repairing
>no maintenence needed
>you can strap them on mindless drones
>the gun can actually be more intelligent than the drone
>the projectiles guide themselves
>pleasurable to use
>unmatched psychological weapons cost/effectiveness wise
>can be sold as dildos
>can be converted into ships

literally unbeatable

>every time a tyranid fires a gun it's actually cumming all over the enemy

Muh Cryptek

Love Blame! but its not infinite energy. It pulls energy from Killy and Killy pulls energy from the Structure via contact with it. It's why he had to hook his shit up to 12 safeguards to draw the power needed to use its super shot. It's also why it didn't work within toha cause toha's not part of the structure just captured in the structures expansion.

The more I hear about BLAME!, the more convinced I am that I used a site that only listed about half the pages, because I had no clue what the fuck was going on or who anyone was, and I don't remember about 80% of the scenes mentioned by fa/tg/uys.

One has to read NOiSE as well, and it's all pieced together from seemingly insignificant events and far from set in stone.

Possible. There was also some art book that came out that contained tidbits of supplementary lore and explanations as well as all of his works tie in vaguely. One explains how safeguards were originally made and managed though it might take place in a separate reality but technically its linked via the dimensional forge in Blame!. Another explains what happened to earth and how the original setup of the megacity possibly started starring either a proto-killy or original killer before safeguardiation (a sentient bear with a pirate hook and sniper rifle made a wish on the proto-dimensional forge), and yet another shows another planet of humans who talk about knowing earth is gone somehow and that they were sent to that planet as a last ditch effort or some such though whether this is from gauna in sidonia or Biomega's wish happening we don't know though it features gauna and human-gauna hybrids fighting it also shows megastructure and megacities, sidonia sort of capstones it all with gauna, megastructure, GBE tech, and possibly another realities version of killy who also happens to be an artificial pseudo human.
Nihei's just sort of made a multiverse of loose connections and hints of other realities lore in various places and you sort of just have to piece it all together.
Blame's the hub world more or less. Side paths of abara, biomega, NOiSE, Blame!2, Blame! Academy, Digimortal, NSE, Blame! and So On, Winged armor suzumeya, and Bitch's life(erotic illustrations but one has a relevant caption). With Sidonia sort of capping it all off and showing the various evolutions of things and tech from all previous stories as the manga goes on.

>Mary sue gun.
They did have millions of years to get their shit together. Mankind has only had 40,000.

If you don't have Mary Sue bullshit guns after millions of years, you are a failure as a species.

He is right though. They were primitives who used weapons and tools forged by gods.

>they fought with swords and spears
So like everyone does in the 41st millenium?
They had a galaxy-spanning civilisation, materially advanced enough to build worldships and teleportation portals, and psychically advanced enough to construct gods.

It says they used swords and spears because during these events they were aeons away from build things such as plasma guns. This means they were not advanced enough to make guns which could defeat necrons so relied upon their gods.

>They had a galaxy-spanning civilisation, materially advanced enough to build worldships and teleportation portals, and psychically advanced enough to construct gods.

Should I post the story again? It was an age of gods and souls.

Use the Scarabs break down any matter and turn it into energy. Then they transform tjhat energy into Necron weapons and war machines.

Very easy for the Necrons.

The story was an Eldar legend, which means most of it is bullshit.

The Newcron codex mentions a Necron royal fleet battling an a gigantic Eldar fleet in the War in Heaven and driving them off.

>cheap
>easy to produce

But that's wrong. While the lasgun is relatively easy to produce compared to lets say, an Astartes boltgun, lasguns are still mostly only issued to career soldiers, i.e. the Astra Militarum. Lasguns are relatively high tech compared to the shitty bog standard gear of the Imperium's lesser, more numerous forces such as the PDF etc. who use autoguns.

Autoguns are by far the most represented weapon in the Imperium, even some less well-equipped AM are given autoguns when the infrastructure to produce lasguns is not readily available. Stop this "lasguns are cheap and shitty" meme, it only seems so because of the absurd and often inconsistent scaling of the 40k universe. Lasguns are not easy to make and are not cheap.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong and autoguns are the poor man's lasgun.
But I don't know enough about the subject to dispute it.

>I'm pretty sure that's wrong and autoguns are the poor man's lasgun.

That's literally what I said. Reread the post.

/d/'s wet dream

I think the spess elves deserved and still deserves more necrodermic feets up their asses. I h8 them so fucking much.

think of it this way. fluff-wise, a Space Marine's chest is basically bulletproof because of the bone gene-seed thing that fuses his ribs together. So let's assume that a naked Space Marine can withstand a "regular" slug to the chest, say like a modern rifle round.

A Lasgun can (in the fluff) penetrate the weakspots on a Space Marine's power armor and be able to kill them.

Basically, the lasgun in today's world would be the absolute most amazing unbelievably great firearm in history and ever. It's just that in the 40k universe, there's a lot of scary shit.

People also forget that the armies we see in 40k are top of the line. Fuck, there are feudal worlds in the Imperium that are basically living like medieval Europe. There are local police and defense forces that are gonna be armed with "slug throwers" that are more like modern rifles and shit, and they are pitiful in comparison to even "regular" Guardsman Flak Armor.

The Imperial Guard we see in the 40k games and shit are the regular standing military of the Imperium.

Basically, if you compare Imperial Guardsmen to the average regular people in the Imperium, they are like US Marines or Rangers. Ignoring the specific regiments like Krieg and whoever that are all extra-grimdark and total meat grinders, but say the Cadian Shock Troops, or the Mordian Iron Guard, or Armageddon Steel Legion, etc. they are pretty fucking professional soldiers that have awesome equipment and weapons. COMPARED TO HUMANS.

Of course, compared to 15 foot tall magical space demons from another dimensions that can blow up your head just by using psychic rage and who can spew flames out their ass, sure, it's not that impressive.

>>pinpoint accuracy because gravitation doesn't affect the beam
Gravity doesn't bend light?

Learn 2 physics.

yeah. they're cheap and shitty compared to fuckhuge .75 calibre rocket-propelled high-explosive shell automatic guns. But compared to what you'd find in a nigge- I mean Hive scum's waistband, it's magic.

fucking keked out loud

Do sluggas even run out of ammo?

Easy and simple to produce for the Imperium. They have hiveworlds that crank them out by the million. A day. Each.
Lasguns are the ultimate infantry weapon if you can produce and supply them. Good thing the Imperium can, thanks to the wonders of the STC Lasgun Factory!

>well, the Lasgun just isn't up to par.
99% of the time a lasgun will get used against orks, rebels or heretics, whose troops all use worse weapons.

No, the ammo bit is stuck in the receiver, thus ensuring infinite ammunition. Ye git.

As with all Imperial gear, Ryza makes the best

An advantage of a laser is that your entire squad can see where the fire is being directed, and mass fire from lasers will fuck up just about anything. An Astartes breastplate can deflect bullets all day, but you can only deflect so many lasers before your ceramite gets hot enough to cook all your special fancy organs in your chest like a big haggis

I imagine orks reload when they think its dramatic

>biological weapon, most likely "grown" alongside the parent organism that is meant to use it
>weapon still has handles and grips
Why? It's not like anyone (not even other Tyranid) will pick the gun up and use it.

I thought lasguns fired in a non-visible wavelength.

In the fluff it seems like they can always see lasbolts but who the fuck knows if the fluff knows what its talking about

Lasblasters are literally the exact same thing but better.

>AK is bad meme

My WASR is just fine, my buddies SLR is bretty gud too. The only "Bad" AK is one that is properly maintained, just like any other rifle.

>WASR
>muh meme clone is good guise
>no seriously
>stop laffin'

DESU, the ubiquitous lasgun is amazing by our standards, but the lasgun is out shined by the bolter technosorcery Tau plasma weapons

pretty sure the eldar guns are based on AK47s. just curvy autoguns are American and laz is british and german engineering.

Technically true, but light is so much faster than the escape velocity of anywhere you'd field guardsmen that it doesn't matter.

It's an excellent weapon by today's standards, the real problem is that everyone else in the 41'st millennium has better ones.

The imperial Guard needs to invest heavily into R&D as well as reverse engineering all the hyper advanced, non-corrupting xeno-tech they have lying around.

They never will. It would ruin the climactic self-sacrifice trope Games Workshop has going.

By our standards the Lasgun is godly. By 40k standards it's an angry flashlight.

>What is lore and why should I know it when I can make shit up?

>non-corrupting xeno-tech
>non-corrupting

I am just now imagining a Ork dressed in men in black suit just walking into a outer rim hub mowing down the dancers and just drop the clip to pick it up again. The magik gun!

>Oh man, it's foggy outside
>Oh man, there's a sandstorm
>FUG

None of that matters much with such a powerful laser tho.

That's probably not true. Otherwise they wouldn't be flashlights in comparison to all the other 40k weaponry.

>to all the other 40k weaponry.
They are better than autoguns and sluggas, so better than 95% of the weapons in the galaxy.

Bumping

Where is this from?

white dwarf, I think it's also in either tyranid attack or advanced space crusade

It shits all over stub guns.

of course it has been mentioned, the nearly free ammunition must do wonders with supply maintenance because certain encounters can lead to the middle of nowhere in a large expanse of the Galaxy.

The beam could cause some ionization of the air which will be visible along the beam path.

Light would be emitted by the desionization or the scattering rather than the ionization.