Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

No Elves Allowed Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BEm0AjTbsac
spheresofpower.wikidot.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The red eyes of that Elf make me wary, the Japanese only give a character red eyes if they're some sort of animal (usually a rabbit or wolf.)

Anyone check out that vigilantes of skyborne? How's that shit looking?

If Forrest here, any chance to get a full supplement of Magical items and regulars items to support Path of War ?

I bought Path of War long ago and my DM was complaining that PoW was lacking on that department.

New thread here:

Pretty sweet. Basically lets you play fantasy superheroes, lots of interesting options, a dread pirate Roberts PRC that makes you functionally immortal by having a member of your crew become you if you die and aren't brought back.

What would you want? Anything that's good for a standard martial combatant is generally just as beneficial on an initiator.

Nobody cares who you are
We’ll beat you with a bar
Die, you fucking kitsunefag
You’ll gain many more haters
Your intelligence won’t save you later
Die, you fucking kitsunefag
And you’ll bask in the shadow of your past childhood
But jet fuel can’t melt steel beams
Fuck off, you manchild, you fucktard, you loser,
Fuck off, you master of lies and deception, and die!

nah. fuck off kitsuneposter

Remember when you were dumb.

You worshipped kitsune like a chud. Die, you goddamn kitsunefag. Now there’s just retardation in your eyes. Like the downie that won’t die. Die, you goddamn kitsunefag. You were caught in the crossfire of JJ and Bulmahn. Clutched in their tight grasp. Piss off, you faggot with retarded laughter. Piss off you manchild, you retard, you downie and die. I hope you die in a dune. I hope you die soon. Die, you goddamn kitsunefag. Taught by those who aren’t right. His foxiness filled your sight. Die, you goddamn kitsunefag. You found your own way to ignore smart decisions. Clutched in his tight grasp. Piss off, you dumbass, you failed emission. Piss off, you sperg, you asshole, you degenerate and die!

Listen, kitsune posters are annoying, threatening them, however, is bad in a different manner! Please no bullying! And no shit-posting!

Wow, Dread Pirate Roberts is popular, Vigilantes of Porphyra had an archetype like that too.

Dwead Piwate Wobutts?

Hahaha, I wanna make a snek person. Is the best way to do that through eberron changelings or are reptoids actually useful in Pathfinder?

Sadly my DM is at his class right now, but what I remember him is saying about stuff that alters some maneuvers, items that focus on boosting initiator levels on certain maneuvers too.

Oh yes he said one thing that DSP should had in mind that Book of Nine swords wasn't just a "Weeb approach on melee combat" it was an actual effort to make it fun, what DSP should strive is to make melee combat fun and rewarding and giving a certain Equipment Meta helps the player to fill this, one thing that lacks in Pathfinder is enchants that alters the way the person enter in combat, is just simply add numbers to his melee hit, while a spellcaster as he increase his level he gains news tools to deal with more situations.

>hasn't seen The Princess Bride
I wouldn't believe in R.O.U.S.'s, but I've now seen you post.

>dread pirate Roberts PRC

Great, just what my table needed. MORE Princess Bride quotes.

As much as I unironically like kitsune, would you kindly fuck off and never make a thread OP again? Post about literally anything else, or at least shitpost about kitsune less frequently.

To continue, I'll go drag... Uh... How about these posts from last thread. That user probably could use more tips

It's better to either refluff a crossblooded race like oread or tiefling, or as a last resort use the race creator rules (subtract ~5.5 from your total RP if you want something to be actually snakelike instead of merely described as snakelike). The reptoid races in PF are pretty bad.

How many times have your players tried to get hitched?

What are some good witch builds. I don't much care for vancian casting, so does anybody want to explain spheres casting to me?

My group homebrewed it to where acid damage actually makes fucking sense vs. object and robot hardness.

Instead of it being treated like any other elemental damage, we actually treated it like what it is WEAPONIZED FUCKING ACID. We put it to where acid ignores hardness and additionally lowers the total hardness by half the damage (rounded down) that the acid dealt. We ended up with all of the martials carrying atleast one acid flask on them at all times to throw at those pesky robots.

>two trash threads

This is why the other boards laugh at /pfg/.

What's going on in this image anyway? I get "I'll do my best" is a Japanese thing, but is the girl a character from some game?

>Be Harbinger
>Use Riven Hourglass
>Have 90 foot fly speed
>Charge 180 ft.
>Use Fetch's Wrath to vanish the moment you hit the enemy.

Holy fuck this is a hilarious skirmisher build.

>We all rolled "dorfs" (bearded dudes with a love for ale and "muh family honor") in a one-shot campaign
>Entire session we hummed The Misty Mountains song: youtube.com/watch?v=BEm0AjTbsac

Have your table ever turned into a musical, /pfg/?

>heh they got two threads going imma make fun of them

/v/ plz leave

THIS IS FINE

SO WHAT SHOULD I POST TODAY

I'm thinking unlewd elves.

Other boards? What do they know of /pfg/?

There was a user few days ago that wasn't having any of that shit and created worthy threads, you niggers should do the same to cull the degeneracy, only by action you will manage to save /pfg/

>I'm thinking unlewd elves.
Can't you read?
>No Elves Allowed Edition

That was not an unlewd elf, but I needed something on fire for it to be fine

Bring me witches!

Bitch can't you read? No Elves allowed.

Post more dragons.

We sang the Bohemian Rhapsody while Shadowrunning.
Yes, we all watched the Suicide Squad movie.
Fuck you, it was a great flim.

This good enough for you?

Post cute but stoic characters!

Why aren't you playing a kitsune vigilante who kills with fluffy tails using Lethal Locks?

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

YOU ALSO HAVE NO POWER HERE. WHAT DID WE JUST SAY.

Like a monstergirl snek or an actual snake person?

Players are playing in the modern world (yes I know), assessing, investigating and putting down supernatural and paranormal threats.
People are kept ignorant of the supernatural, the paranormal to prevent widespread panic and breakdown of society.
People still think elves, dwarves, etc only exist in fairytales, but they do exist but are rare.
Elves have been recast as fey lords who abduct and are heavily inspired by Changeling the Lost, for example.

The elves, true to some folklore, are the ones who inspired the original abduction myths. Their extreme beauty is also as much glamor as anything, they still are extremely attractive if you could pierce it but their glamor allows them to affect emotions or actions in their victims.

Grays are also a feature of the setting, they're a strain of us from the future, here to conduct experiments on our base forms and livestock, to prepare or protect or eliminate us for some unknowable end.

The elves and grays are locked in a secret war.

Originally decided to have them access racial/race traits specific to other races but am actually considering having them play other races but refluff that fact to have them just appear as human.

Thoughts please?

No, spellcasters that could be manipulating energy like a kineticist! Basically, kineticist artwork, including archetypes!

Yeah but OP a shit

Sure thing.

Coming right up.

I might have some of those.

Gijinka Murkrow witch?

MOTHER

FUCKIN

DRAGONS

That one's the best witch.

I love spheres, and it's pretty simple. Go here: spheresofpower.wikidot.com/
That's the rule set. The basic idea is you get X Magic Talents based on your class and level. You can use a talent to gain a sphere, which gives you some basic abilities based on that sphere. Destruction gives you a blast, Life gives you healing, temporary hit point granting, and restoration, Alteration gives you an alternate form similar to alter self, and so on. Some of these abilities are at-will, and some use Spell Points, which you get based on your class (almost always 1 per level, plus your spellcasting modifier).

Once you learn a sphere, you can then use any additional magic talents to learn sphere talents, which generally improve or add to your base sphere ability, though some give you entirely new abilities that are still related to the sphere (like the Warp sphere, which gives you teleportation as a base power, but allows you to take the ability to open up extradimensional spaces as a talent).

It's a great system. The only warning I have is to watch out for Conjuration, as it's easy to abuse, and Weather, since you can create some pretty big effects with the time to get things going. An optimized Conjuration sphere user can summon an entire adventuring party that sticks around all day, while an optimized Weather sphere user can call up a storm that can level an entire town with enough time. Be careful with those two.

>Post more dragons

I've got several lewd dragongirls.

OH BOY ENERGY MAGES

I HAVE SHITTONS

MALE OR FEMALE?

Aw hell yeah, look at that cool-ass motherfucker and his bigass pet dragon. THAT'S what a dragonrider should have looked like.

user, that is clearly a sorceress with a significant charisma score.

Dragons are not for lewd, user!

They're for snuggling!

Doesn't matter!

What about dragon mages?

What about Half Dragons?

I really enjoy dragonrider art.

That's not a dragongirl

THIS is a Dragongirl

So is this thread just going to be dedicated to vapid shitposting and image dumps? Because I do enjoy discussions here when they crop up.

FIGHTING EVERYTHING WITH FIRE IT IS THEN

They're okay but I like them when they wear ridiculously fancy dresses more.

The well was poisoned from the start. There is no hope for useful discussion. If you want that go to Giant in the playground or Paizo forums.

>its a "the DM is clearly friends with some of the group and favors them" season

Why aren't you rolling a Dragongirl Vigilante with Companion to the Lonely, Innocuous Servant and Rough and Ready with profession: Maid

>If you want that go to Giant in the playground or Paizo forums.

Oh my god please don't say that user, I remember years ago when we would chuckle and laugh at those forums as we discussed Adventure Paths or the newest lore from a Campaign Setting book.

Use a Vishkanya.

They've been depicted visually as just people with scales, but they work just fine as actual snakepeople.

Ok I will make a new decent thread.

New non fetish thread here.

>optimized Weather sphere user can call up a storm that can level an entire town

>a town

>not a 20 mile radius

Don't we already have humanoid snakepeople? The Nagaji?

I tend to prefer discussions in-between the image dumps, myself, but I can't help it. Image dumps is my stress response to shitposting.

Are you not friends with your group? That sounds rough. The closest friends of the DM tend to get hit with the worst shit in my groups, because of the whole "bonds of trust" stuff.

Some weird reverse-thing happened with me, I was the only newcomer to a group of real-world friends and I was getting favors more than any of them.

You are literally doing the OPPOSITE of helping right now, user

Congratulations fucktard. Now we've got 3 /pfg/ threads on Veeky Forums

The DM and I grew up together but he and I haven't talked that often lately and these other guys in the game are clearly much closer to him so they get a lot more favors.

The problem is that these threads won't die until they hit 310, because /pfg/ as a whole is bad about letting it lie.

Last time we had a mess like this, we had THREE threads around, and had to step through each until we were back to one.

So we'll go to yours later.

Wow I should be shitposting with dragon images, hell I'm helping a lot :^)

Well people should report the fetish and bait tier threads and move to a regular thread. One user was doing last week and it was working all right.

Hello lovely people, is anyone currently looking to start a campaign or find players for an existing one?

Reptoids, Lizardfolk, or ask your GM to help you with using the Racebuilder to make Serpentfolk into a playable race, since they are literally snake people.

Trying my hand at making a blaster, which do you prefer out of Arcanist, Wizard, and Sorcerer? A orcsorc with blood havoc replacing their 1st level power can get +2 damage per dice without going into crossblooded shenanigans and has the most spells per day, but has to deal with energy resistance. Wizards can use admixture school to get around immunity and resistance where the sorc would need different spells, but can only get damage per dice by dipping sorc (which I would rather not do but sort of on the fence about). Arcanist can get both powers but they get the fewest spells per day, and are unable to get blood havoc OR crossblooded.

Man, that's rough. I know the feel. I hope your game improves though.

Maybe they don't realize it? Might be worth bringing up to try and get stuff given out to everyone instead of just the closer friends.

Yeah, they should. I know I did. In the meantime, though, I see no issue with taking an active hand by furthering discussion if I can, and posting images for people if I can't.

Ideally, both.

Yes.

Could you give me details so I can spend the next couple minutes flailing about in an attempt to join the group?

I've tried and he claims he doesn't see what I'm talking about so I probably just won't continue with the campaign when I go back to university.

I wish. I want to play a roil dancer, but I've got no new games to join.

Why aren't you rolling a Dragongirl Vigilante with Companion to the Lonely, Innocuous Servant and Rough and Ready with Profession: Maid

At least wait until the old thread drops off the board. We have THREE OPEN THREADS, and the old one hasn't even dropped off yet.

The problem is how long until we create a crisis with the hotpockets? This is going to suck a lot for /pfg/ when they decide to actually moderate here.

Because she can't move. Her breasts are literally leaving her bound to her bed. I want my characters to be able to move by themselves!

Discord
add Draknirv #4693
We can talk privately instead of muddying up the thread.

All I see is Climate, which is 2 miles, not 20 miles. Also, Climate is an advanced talent, which are not assumed to be included in every game. If advanced talents are allowed, the GM should understand that it can have a huge impact on the power level of the game.

Sorry if sperged a bit but my point is that we need to start being active in culling the shitposting/fetish/animeposting behavior.

>muddying up the thread

This thread is already muddy, I wanna hear about this too.

I don't even know what Rough and Ready is...?

>Benefit: When you use a tool of your trade (requiring at least 1 rank in the appropriate Craft or Profession skill) as a weapon, you do not take the improvised weapon penalty and instead receive a +1 trait bonus on your attack. This trait is commonly used with shovels, picks, blacksmith hammers, and other sturdy tools — lutes and brooms make terribly fragile weapons.

This might be cool, but most improvised weapons don't really do much damage higher than a d6

God, that's annoying. I hope you manage to find a better game! In the meantime though, what's your favorite sort of character archetype?

To be fair, depending on the towns, a 20 mile radius might BE the town, if it's sprawled out enough.

Though really it's probably hitting like five or six farming villages that got built near each other.

If I get banned I'm gonna be sad but I'm hoping that since I'm trying my best to post on-topic as well, I won't be pruned.

I am posting quickly but trying to stay on-task here.

Friend request sent!

I'm really bad at the Discord thing so I don't know if there was an easier way to contact you through it.

H I G H C O N

SHIT. My image got dropped and I can't remember which it was.

Have these instead.

What's your favorite familiars, user? Mine is anything birds.