Could you create a generic fantasy setting with a feudal world?

Could you create a generic fantasy setting with a feudal world?

Bump

Yes.

Could you create a more interesting thread?

Sage.

Could you create a less predictable reply?

Scholar.

If you can't, I think you're stupid enough to apply for some kind of government grant.

>Predictable reply
>The correct answer
>To a yes/no question
>then mad about it

You're some special kind of retarded aren't you? How long do you get on the internet per day? Do your carers know you're on Veeky Forums?

>Could you create a generic fantasy setting with a feudal world?
W-what? Yes, that is like 95% of fantasy settings.

In my experience those 95% waffle between absolute monarchy and city-states.

Humans only? Yes
With Elves, dwarves and orcs? No

I think the notion of a feudal contract with elves, dwarves and orcs is pretty interesting actually. We'll assume the feudal system is part of a majority human and human-ruled country, because that's easier and gives us a baseline to work from.

Now, your average dwarf, elf or orc isn't equivalent to your average human. The way dwarves and elves are stereotypically shown they sometimes lack a peasant class entirely. Their lifestyles, productivity, skills, natural abilities and the resources they need are all different. So you probably do not have the same feudal contract you have with a bunch of dwarf 'peasants' as you do with human ones. Orcs are different again - even if only because they're probably more valuable in military labour than a human is.

It's easy to imagine that powerful but sentient monsters who can work in a civilized society can buy a good place in a feudal system. If a small fief can feed and keep a giant who's as powerful as a troop of knights, why not make him the lord of it? Of course, we're assuming he has agreed to not eat the citizens and obeys the normal demands on a feudal lord.

Feudal world is just a term for a primitive world

In 40k, sure.

Check out Birthright.

>being a shithead about "interesting thread"

I don't know what board you came from but could you please go back?

You could have elves, dwarves, and orcs easy.

That comes from misunderstanding feudal societies. Not conscious rejection of them.

Well, that depends. Some settings do have peasants of those societies, although I know dwarves are often shown to sustain themselves primarily on trade - but the foothills of many mountains are good for certain types of farming, so I could see a feudal dwarven society where hill communities are used to feed the large mining and smithing communities that form the merchant class, with the protection of those links being the job of the entitled class.

At least Orks are technologically always above feudal worlds.

Not necessarily

I guess you don't know what "Sage" means

Pic Related

Feudal world also has some amount of black powder weapons, depending on the world.

you can run it as a little Mini-WHFB world but in 40k, or run it as a Neon Genesis Evangelion with Knight Titans.

basically, yeah with some faint connections of 40k here and there, like people ascending to join the legion of angels (SM or CSM for giggles)