What class is most suited to fight large mythological monsters relying on brawn?

What class is most suited to fight large mythological monsters relying on brawn?

Druid (in Wildshape) or Sythesis Summoner (with active Eidolon).

If you're talking DnD, barbarian is generally the class for that. If you're talking about something else, you should probably clarify

What's a sythesis summoner?

Obviously a commoner.

You haven't lived until you've seen a pissed off dairy farmer headbutt a centaur into submission over grazing rights.

I was playing Age of Mythology and the thought that heroes massacre myth monsters and the monsters massacre the normal humands made me wonder what kind of class in tabletop and rpg games would beat a myth monster most effectively

and i wonder what the heroes in myths have in common to be able to slay such dangerous creatures

Synthesist Summoner - pretty much like regular summoner except they "wear" or "merge with" whatever it is they are summoning

So, kinda like a shapeshifter with limited shapes to shift into?

Or depending on the nature of your question, it's a Pathfinder thing. Kind of magical for most people's definition of brawn though

the traditional monster-hunter in D&D is the ranger. whether they are actually good at fighting monsters depends on the vagaries of game design in a given edition.

Shit, that actually makes sense
sneak up to a cyclops and shoot him in the eye when he is sleeping

In Pathfinder there's a class called a Summoner which is a sorcerer with shittier and less spells, but tied in with a customizable summoned beast called an Eidolon.
Similar to an animal companion.

Now, there's an archetype for summoner called Synthesist Summoner, which switches it up so instead of summoning a creature, you get possessed by it, swapping your physical stats for the eidolon's while keeping your own mental stats.

Needless to say it's broken as fuck.

Courage and battle cunning are the unifying attributes of all the greek heros.

and what class has the moust courage and cunning?

>Obligitory depends on the setting.
All of them and none of them, depended on which class you talk too and whether or not you're buying what they're selling.

So, good monster slayers are not defined by groups but rather individuals?

Rogues, I think. Pretty much their whole skillset is about cunning, and considering they generally neither have rad supernatural powers nor are particularly tough and strong, they must be pretty ballsy to go on high level adventures alongside wizards and shit.

Bard, obviously

seduce the minotaur

Well Theseus did wrestle him.

As with every encounter between two males in the entirety of Greek mythology. it boils down to who gets to be on top...

"no homo" the greek whispered as he embraced the boiled body of his opponent

Women in skimpy bikini armor.

>Needless to say it's broken as fuck.
Hahahaha ha no

Basic summoner is stronger

Monk, brokest class in all D&D/PF

There's a rogue archetype called Vexing Dodger that gets to climb on bigger monsters snd counts as flanking once they get a grip. Climb is strength based, so you'd be relying on brawn to beat monsters relying on brawn.

oiled*
fuc

Halfling Barbarian - on the virtue of enduring everything the vile beast might attempt and eventually wearing it out.

>"no homo" the greek whispered
user, these are the greeks here, it was totally homo on every level

Anyone proficient with missile weapons or long-range attack spells. I wouldn't go toe-to-toe with a creature like that.

It was only bad-homo rather than good-homo if you were the bottom. kek

Is it like the bad guy from El road to El Dorado?

M-maybe.. all I remember is couple catchy tunes and >them hips

None, because you think that a class with enough power can beat something with equal power. You lose that battle on its terms.

You need to be smart, you need to think outside of the box, you need to use utility features. Use the Rogue's ball bearings for distractions and tripping it. Use the Wizard to convince it to eat a poisoned rock that tastes like candy. Use a Ranger to set a trap and lure it in.

A lot of classes can beat it, but not head on. That's boring and predictable.

>being imaginative on D&D
Talking about "already lost" battles

>What is the most suited class to fight?
Ninja-technician or straight up technician, then tao.

System?

I dunno, I played a warrior mentalist (physical)/tao with a dip in technician and being able to have all physical stats at 17 with some crazy martial arts is pretty awesome

>saying a nonsensical insult

/v/ plz leave

Ninja-tech is outright the most hilariously broken murdergod, but that also works.

Alternative is playing charlie's angel.character and be a summoner holed up in somewhere with creation, sustaining shit on your minions you send out in missions.

Is English your first language?

It's Pathfinder. Of course it's broken.

He's wrong though, Synth is below Summoner tier, is a nice upper Tier3 that's all.

>class tiers

cancerous

It's pretty meh

well, if you prefer it:
Is the summoner without the very important part of action economy, which is, if you ever played D&D, fucking important

>A better fighter is broken
ahahaha
HAHAHA no.

Normal summoner is better by miles.

Tell me what looks better:
I can cast OR attack
I can cast AND attack or attack AND attack or cast AND cast.

This, just because it's better than a weak as fuck class doesn't make it broken, it just make obvious how weak the core martials are.

They rely on wisdom and charisma, not brawn.

Might as well just replace fighters with Synthesist Summoners.

They rely on brawn of the Wildshape / Eidolon.

Realistically yes.

Or just play anima if you want non-shit martials (and actual build diversity and low meta gaming)

Not with Synth specifically but there're 3pp martial classes that balance pretty well with casters.

Aegis makes me cream myself