Redpill me on Bitcoin Cash, will it replace Bitcoin in the long-run?

Redpill me on Bitcoin Cash, will it replace Bitcoin in the long-run?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/thecryptocast/ep8-btc-vs-bcc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

soundcloud.com/thecryptocast/ep8-btc-vs-bcc

nah, especially not with Lightning Network coming soon
I just shill it on /v/ so that the price will be high when I can dump my Coinbase stock
There's literally no reason for BCH to exist when LTC exists

LTC isn't going to scale into a worldwide payment portal used by billions of people you absolute cuck.

I went all into BCH back when it was $300. Let's just say this coin is a fucking rollercoaster. I had a hard time sleeping at night because I would think about this coin so much. It would swing up and down 30% or more every single day. Most days it would be on a negative decline of 10%, no fucking joking.

When BTC mooned, this shit dropped. When BTC dropped, this shit dropped. It had a stable floor of 0.13 two days ago until that shit was completely shattered and it broke through sooooo fucking fast, it went down to 0.125, then 0.120, then 0.110, then 0.10, then 0.95, it went down soooo fucking fast in less than an hour.

Anyway I dumped the last of my BCH for BTC yesterday and I've been sleeping much more comfortably ever since.

Also moving BCH around is a pain in the ass, confirmations take 20-30 minutes each and it takes 6 confirmations to deposit to an exchange. It took 3 hours to get into Bittrex, and this is something I have noticed since I started using BCH, but I always just ignored it. I always just ignored the slow ass movement speed of BCH but man I hated it so much.

Then today BCH mooned from 0.79 to 0.120 I was like "WTF!!" and was really contemplating buying back in, but then I reviewed some fundamentals and they did not change, so I did not buy back into BCH. Few minutes later BCH crashed to 0.085 again, in the fucking span of 20 minues.

It's fucking bullshit. I hate this piece of shit. I recommend to stay away unless you want to lose hours of sleep or if you want to just be stressed out your entire life.

Just bought in at 88, how fucked am I

What fundamentals?

It's obviously not going to crash and only increase in price. Potentially more than BTC by ratio in 2018.

Same volume, room to 12x. BTC has room to x2 or x3 at most in 2018. $15000>$40000 is easier

what I read of core reminds of devs that think they know it all and like to do their own science projects when they should be doing stuff that makes business sense
So I think it has a chance

One factor was that I checked the population of people who support which coins more, and BTC has a much much much larger following than BCH.

Then I looked at the big players, the super whales, to see who was on each side, Freaking Nick Szabo whom I believe is Satoshi Nakamoto completely hates Bitcoin Cash and if you check Twitter you can see what I mean.

BTC also has a lot more developers than BCH. There's around 5-7 teams working on BCH, but these guys are small players, very unknown people, and it's kind of sketchy what they do, also the speed of transactions makes me wanting for just how skilled these developers are.

Another factor is exchanges. Every exchange supports BTC and exchanges even support BTC for USD, you don't see that with BCH.

Also there's the hashrate support, BTC right now has 97% of the hashrate, and BCH has 3%. Last week it was 90% to 10%, so things flipped a lot in the past few days.

The profitability of BTC is also higher in mining than BCH. You also have lightning network demoed and coming out soon.

On the other hand what does BCH offer? Larger blocks, cheaper transactions, hmm. And that's it. There will be another hardfork in May 2018 and November 2018, but that's fucking 6 months and a year away from today.

ALSO BTC is having 3-6 forks this December month alone. That's a shit ton of free coins for not doing anything other than holding BTC.

I have done my due diligence research on this shit, I LOVED BCH up to a point, but I really just lost so much sleep on this fucker. It would moon, but you don't know when. It really feels like a pump and dump often because it would go up temporarily for maybe 10-20 minutes, and then CRASH LIKE A BITCH.

Well it's been slowly declining in BTC value, if you look at the charts, the most recent peak was on November 24th at 2.2

If no one who has BTC is buying BCH, then I don't see how it will peak again. There's no interest for BCH, it has a small niche of followers.

>small niche
>Accelerated years faster than bitcoin with a billion dollar market evaluation in months
yeah, ok. Just admit craig has matured and this is round 2

Craig even said on twitter he's ready for wall street this time around.

>Nick Szabo
He doesn't look healthy enough to be a billionaire.

Look at the market cap. If it's worthless, no one would want to hold BCH. BTC's ONLY attraction is that it's popular and consistently profitable. The team doesn't fucking matter. The tech doesn't matter. It's all about the brand name.

The BTC hard forks in December:

- Bitcoin Diamond
- Super Bitcoin
- Bitcoin Platinum
- Bitcoin Uranium
- Bitcoin God
- Bitcoin Silver

and some other ones that I can't recall from the top of my head, will really make Bitcoin Cash feel like just another shit fork.

Again this is coming from someone who really supported the idea of Bitcoin Cash, who traded all my BTC for it back when it was $300. I profited a SHIT TON (if I had dropped out at the correct peaks), but I kept holding hoping that BCH would one day at least get 0.5

I mean I just lost hope after the "Bcash" and Roger Ver fiasco. There's also the mining centralization which I really hated, then there's this "Unknown Miner" that has 80% or something, of the hashrate. You can tell it's just one entity because the mining signature they have is always the same.

Then there's the Fake Satoshi Craig Wright making false claims again. I really liked Craig Wright when I was holding BCH, but eh, he's really a fraud if you think about it. I mean, he did not create Bitcoin, if he did he could easily just crash the entire economy with his millions.

Just lots of issues why I stopped holding BCH. I lost lots of sleep over it, and looking back, that sleep was worth more than the money I gained.

Yes, it’s all planned out and will happen early next year

Thinking LTC is the same thing as BCH shows how little you understand about the different blockchains or tech. LTC is literally going to copy what BTC does except LTC has 2.5 minute blocks instead of 10 minutes. That's fucking it. LTC is a joke of a coin that just rode on the coat tales of BTC. Sorry Charlie is a nice guy and I like him but he has to know that his coin doesn't provide anything special and if it wasn't for his brother owning Coinbase it probably wouldn't be a top 10.

LN will TAKE MONTHS to be used. Look at segwit 6 MONTHS and at 10%. BTC won't scale for another 2 years and in that time BCH will have surpassed it.

Not only will BCH take BTC's market share but BCH is bringing back OPcodes and is going to start taking ETH's market share too. Watch.

I'm just going to ignore all the ones that resolve to "everyone else thinks so" or "this e-celeb is more awesome than that one", cause that's all completely irrelevant bullshit. And a lot of what you said resolves purely to that.

Addressing the remaining actual meat; hash rate follows profitability, and btc can be choked of its hash rate killing it outright, whilst bch does just fine at full speed on 2 percent. The equilibrium there is extremely dangerous to btc because bch automatically bids away hashing power from btc as the price swings in favour of bch, and because of the btc daa, btc absolutely cannot afford those losses.

What else should a payment network offer other than... Being a functional payment network? Something it's easy to observe btc does not offer given the 200k+ backlogged transactions.

And those btc forks are symptoms of a disease with core. People are just not happy with the status quo. Forks are supposed to be a mechanism to resolve disputes over consensus, not to airdrop scam coins to credulous and gullible idiots.

Short term price movements are irrelevant, we're talking about fundamentals, and the fundamentals say this; btc doesn't work, bch does. The eventual prices are the important part and it's rational to expect them to reflect those simple facts.

You can make that same argument with Bitcoin Gold. It's in the top fucking 10 coins and no one wants that shit. Bitcoin Gold Wallet hacked users and stole all their Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, yet it's in the top fucking 10 coins. It's RANK 8!!!

I mean with whales like Roger Ver propping up and using Bitcoin.com to support Bitcoin Cash, putting in 25000 BTC buy walls at 0.1, I don't see why it wouldn't be in the top 5 if being a Bitcoin Fork automatically put you in the top 10 alone without effort. Seriously.

If you look at Bitinfocharts.com you can see that there's around 1000 transactions per hour on BCH. LTC has fucking 2658 transactions per hour, more than twice BCH. So LTC has more than twice BCH usage, yet it's not even close to being Rank 3.

>BCH has same volume as BTC

user I don't know how to tell you this...

>comparing the pre-mine scam that was Bitcoin Gold to the superior coin that is Bitcoin Cash

I think a lot of people are pretty happy with the status quo. High transaction fees, so what? Is it worth giving up the legendary "BTC" ticker and store of value for cheaper fees on a coin? I could just use Dogecoin or Ethereum or Paypal.

BTC USED to be a transactional coin, now it's not because it's way too volatile and price fluctuates. Would you spend $1 of BTC on water, if the next hour that $1 turned into $5? It doesn't make sense to.

I don't see the point of BCH if I can just use paypal or a bank instead.

>I'm just going to ignore all the ones that resolve to "everyone else thinks so" or "this e-celeb is more awesome than that one", cause that's all completely irrelevant bullshit. And a lot of what you said resolves purely to that.

Dude, if no one wants to buy BCH with BTC, then BCH price will drop. Strong sentiment in the BTC community is to not give a shit about BCH, and so no one buys it, and so the price drops.

Basic economics. It's completely relevant to everything, and that wasn't even my main arguments.

I'm just making a point, you're saying BCH is wanted because it's rank 3. BTG is a shit coin NO ONE FUCKING WANTS, and it's a pre-mine shit coin.

It's rank fucking 8. Explain that shit.

Charlie is probably a nice guy but literally all of his twitter posts are drama.

I think in the long run (next 3-5 years) blockchain based cryptocurrencies have no future at all.

The future will be tangle based cryptocurrencies. If there will be a flippening it will be IOTA or something similar to take over.

The blockchain is outdated. Read about the tangle.

>barely any exchanges trade it
>no one want to risk downloading a BTG wallet
>I have 20K of BTG and I don't want to bother selling it
>Market is crazy right now and people don't want to be like the cucks that sold there BCH for 0.06

If I sell you manure under a pretty ticker will you pay me twenty grand a kilo? Either the fundamentals matter or they don't. If you want to play the whole "psychology is more important than reality game" go right ahead, but you may as well just be trading in the regulated mainstream normie markets with that perspective. Crypto got to where it is because of those of us who knew better. And we're not going to forget.

>The BTC hard forks in December:
>- Bitcoin Diamond
>- Super Bitcoin
>- Bitcoin Platinum
>- Bitcoin Uranium
>- Bitcoin God
>- Bitcoin Silver

This is just so pathetic and obvious

Wake me when they remove the coordinator. Before then you should probably re-evaluate your premises.

As long as Blockchain still works and the encryption behind it isn't cracked, then it will still be around no matter how many new "Tangle" or whatever other things there are that come out, blockchain will be around simply because the tokens traded on them like BTC have value.

>High transaction fees, so what?
>so what

Being this retarded. The whole goddamn point of Bitcoin was to avoid this bullshit.

normies diversifying their profit from btc into bitcoin cash good time to get in

BU-BUT MUH STORE OF VALUE

who are these females

Pathetic and obvious for what? I'm excited, getting paid dividends for doing nothing.

>Crypto got to where it is because of those of us who knew better.

Dude don't be a retard please. Pleaaaaaaase. Crypto up to this point was nothing. Just some fad some lurkers used to buy drugs on the darknet or to trade for coffee. Really.

This year Normies see that BTC was legalized in Japan, it has gone up in value, see that there's a limited amount, and then the FOMO comes in.

The market is not rational, it doesn't give a shit about your fundamentals, and crypto certainly did not get to where it is because "of us who knew better" LMFAO.

Crypto is just a bunch of kids throwing colored digital coins at each other, giving some colored coins more value than another. That's all crypto is.

Thank you for admitting you don't actually care about it even understand fundamentals at all. Please proceed to flush your value down the toilet, as anyone with your perspective must, I see you're already doing precisely that at any rate.

My friends and I at a Bitcoin cash meet up!

>Dude, if no one wants to buy BCH with BTC, then BCH price will drop. Strong sentiment in the BTC community is to not give a shit about BCH, and so no one buys it, and so the price drops.

BCH isn't only paired with BTC. One major reason BTC has a high value is because people have to buy BTC in order buy most alts. If people were given the option to buy alts directly, BTC won't have such high value.

>On 6 December 2017 the software marketplace Steam announced that it would no longer accept bitcoin as payment for its products citing slow transactions speeds and price volatitity [122]

this is why BCH will win

> as long as horses don´t become extinct it is no matter how many "cars" or whatever other things are invented...

Srsly read about the tangle.

It solves a lot of the blockchains actual problems (slow transactions, fees, exceeding power consumption).

And it has yet to be demonstrated to work. You're shilling for cold fusion unaware that as of yet there is zero evidence it is deployable in production.

There was a time I put in 1 Satoshi to transfer 4 BCH and a transaction was generated, however whenever I clicked the transaction ID or pasted it anywhere, it wouldn't show up on any block explorers. I was so stressed out, just 4 BCH gone for no reason. It was gone for a few days and eventually the transfer went through. That shit was stressful.

Even with the 200k+ unconfirmed transactions, it's weird, but my transactions go through just fine, usually much quicker than BCH. Maybe like a $4 fee, but those instances in /r/btc of $60 transaction fees I feel like are super exaggerated.

I understand crypto just fine, I've been here since 2013. I know the standard answer of it being a decentralized currency/commodity of having no ownership, bypassing the banks, being your own bank, whatever fucking other bullshit description you can use.

From my view crypto is nothing but just colored coins and tokens being traded for other colored tokens or coins. They're collectible and they're worth fiat. The game is to get more value from trades or hodl until someone wants to buy your bags for money.

I mean what you threw was a complete red herring, I asked you what your fundamentals were, and despite whatever it was, having more money destroys those fundamentals in the long run. Why not just store your wealth in Dogecoin if you really believed in a store of value (rarely changes from 17-21 satoshis each) and cheap fees (I think it's 0.1 dogecoin per transaction). Or get a POS token where you can get money and not really do anything.

For most of this year I bought ETH to buy alts, because ETH has faster transaction speeds and cheaper transactions and ETH is available at most exchanges. I use BTC is as just a store of value, I don't use it to trade for anything, because that's what it is. You don't want to spend or trade an appreciating asset, it's stupid to even suggest that.

Yes waiting 2 hours to 2 weeks for a transaction and paying 800x more than BCH for said transaction is much more convenient and trustworthy. Thanks for keeping Bcore decentralized Blockstream™

My fundamentals are simple; what are the actual characteristics of the decentralised network underlying the token, and how do they compare to the competition. Dogecoin is indeed superior by that metric to bitcoin, but there's dozens of coins in turn superior to Dogecoin. It's also trivial to demonstrate that Dogecoin was a superior store of value than the USD for the past three years, which is what cynical normies like you who think you understand this game but actually don't always fail to miss.

Crypto is taking off *because* your system is completely fucking doomed. If your only metric for success is how much government paper you've got, you're going g to be burning it to keep warm in winter and dragging wheelbarrows of the shit around to pay for loaves of bread when what always happens with fiat happens with your chosen fiat too.

The real name of this game is the accrual and control of value. Currencies are just vessels to be usd to accomplish that goal. Nothing more and nothing less.

>BTC slow as shit
>higher fees
>bottleneck due to blocksize
>need to implement retardedly complex off chain software just to transact all bc gook miners don't want to pay for higher bandwidth

if you can't actually use your cryptocurrency it's not going to have any value, BCH is designed to be used by actual people

>he fell for the decentralization meme
>he really still believes that money can be decentralized and is not controlled by those who have the most

why do fools like him exist?

Does this happen with decentralized exchanges coming up?

So if it will not work, why is Microsoft now in the IOTA business?
Don´t you think they have the know-how to check their investments?

What will happen to IOTA in the next months?

- It will be traded on the bigger platforms
- Due to the greater traffic it will become more secure (this is what makes the tangle so special)
- Coordinator will be removed
- Modified wallets will be released
- Profit for anyone who invested right now

In 2019 the blockchain will be a piece of old technology, like a Nokia 3310 compared to the newest Samsung Galaxy.

Excellent FUD, baseless and absolutely incorrect on all points but I don't have time to provide a real rebuttal to such garbage as I am not being paid and actually have to do uni work right now.

I can only suggest atm that all readers DYOR and stay away from censored echo chambers such as /r/bitcoin, bitcointalk and bitcoin.org.

Bitcoin Cash is the real bitcoin.

yeah I thought the same too, very expertly crafted shill post. I commend his work, it's a lot of really individually dumb rapid fire points that give an impression of inferiority which dealt with one by one make no sense. BTC retains dominance simply by virtue of authority and over time this will diminish as BCH is the obviously superior coin because it has actual utility and not a bunch of stagnant cult-like shit

2 Words: Operation Dragonslayer and Roger Ver.

>replace
bcash will never hit .15 ever again, cap this.

Microsoft never make mistakes. That's why they are where they are right now yeah?

Maybe just actually provide a production tangle that actually works and then hey presto all that hype is actually worth something.

In light of that, since they won't do that, the only valid alternative is that they *can't* do it.