/SWG/ - Kenny Baker memorial thread

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

RIP Kenny Baker

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DuwgQ9Qof88&t=63m4s
youtube.com/watch?v=qEC7dsFlvIE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Death, yet the Force

He was supposed to be at my local con later this year.

He died as he lived, trying to manipulate the lid of a garbage can from the inside.

rip in the force sweet prince

may you ever shine eternally shiny and chrome

Guess the Supreme Being finally caught up with him.

So in honor of Baker I pose the following question:

Did R2-D2 spend the entire movie saga cursing like a sailor in his cute droid language?

> i for one accept this

>spoilering obvious facts

>Dear diary, today I had an argument with my father
>He was insisting Star Wars is science fiction, I was trying to persuade him it's fantasy
>His arguments:
>It's in space
>It has laser guns
>He remains convinced it's science fiction, despite my best efforts
>I am unsure if I should be more ashamed that 50% of my genes are provided by a retard or the fact that I am unable to convince said retard of the blindingly obvious

Nice blogpost, clearly the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Well, duh.

>50% of my genes are provided by a retard

>He was insisting Star Wars is science fiction
>He remains convinced it's science fiction

Hah, well shit. That;s convinced, not unconvinced.

Looks like I was the retard

It's okay user, at least you're not alone.

Science fiction is fantasy

Well now it's 100% common scifi tripe like star trek now. Lots of laser blasting with the occasional laser sword fight and a plot that you will commonly wonder why the heck they went from one overwrought CG scene to another.

Have you tried not being a colossal douche-bag?

Sir Alec Guinness, despite believing it was going to be a huge success, still considered Star Wars to be "fairy-tale rubbish". So there you have it, Star Wars is confirmed for Science-Fairy-Tale.

>he hasn't heard of science-fantasy
Pleb.

Should I accept this offer Veeky Forums?

>be new-ish to X-wing (5 months) and have recently completed my rebel collection.
>Start Scum with Most Wanted and Hound's Tooth
>friend who plays more competitively than me (Empire) buys a Hound's Tooth on Ebay
>He wants to wager a Hound's Tooth (missing Engine Upgrade and Crack Shot) against 2 of my Crack Shot cards over a X-wing game, or to sell me the Tooth for $20.

Should I take the bet, buy the Tooth from him, or is having 2 YV-666 pointless?

most lists that use the ship only really use one

That's why I'm thinking that I should just pass, but the opportunity for a forty-dollar ship for $20 or potentially free is not something that I want to pass up.

Plotting a campaign around the idea that my players are Imperial Sleeper Agents activated as a contingency if the Death Star is destroyed. I'm trying to go for a 'The Americans' Vibe with grey allegiances, espionage, spy craft, assassinations, and the constant fear of being betrayed or being caught.

So, I guess it would be considered an 'Evil' Campaign, but I want to try and challenge my players with moral quandaries.

My most recent idea is to have my players do a job for Jabba to try and get some information he has about the the Rebels. He would hire them to support a younger cousin of his. I really want to build this relationship between my players and this younger hutt, who I want to make very likable and sympathetic to them. Then, after they do a number of jobs for the young hutt, I want Jabba to tell them he hired them to help the young hutt as an excuse to kill him. Jabba would use the excuse that the Young Hutt was challenging him in a power grab to get rid of him. The players would then have to decide to do the hit, or betray Jabba.

I'm thinking of a bunch of small jobs the players could do for the young hutt... Like winning a swoop bike race, robbing a hover train, throwing a party for the young hutt and his new fiance, stuff like that.

How does all of this sound? Any advice? I feel like the Hutt angle is a little shaky, but I am open to ideas.

Seems like a good way to risk hurt feelings making playing the game at the FLGS hard.

Had a couple guys at my store do a similar bet for Infinity. Drama happened, blew up big time, damn near sunk the game at my store.

Buy it off him if you really want to, but absolutely do not gamble for it.

>implying anyone cares aside from nerf herding turbo autists

I know theres a difference but the average person doesnt give a flying about it. Good luck finding the "science fantasy" section in your local library.

Two copies of Crack Shot are objectively more valuable than a second YV-666. Slap him on the shoulder and say: "No thanks cuz, but you can borrow my copies of Crack Shot for your tourney lists any time."

>letting the local library set the standards of genre for you
Double-pleb.

Crack shots are $6 on Ebay, and no - upgrades YV -666 are $19 though.

Indeed, but unless you're planning on reselling that YV-666 for a quick $19, owning two copies of Crack Shot is more useful than owning a second YVV-666.

Well, the 666 has upgrade cards, so it would be worth more than $19.

So basically I'm seeing 'buy it, don't wager'. (Unless I buy 2 crack shots off of ebay..)

I know that he has no other scum ships and doesn't plan on getting any in the future.

Is there even a remote doubt?
I mean, doesn't 3P0 basically warn R2 off for his rude language repeatedly?
You *could* make an argument that the Clone Wars/Clone related plots approach true SF, as they do analyze the societal impact of a potential future technology. But it's really not the focus.

Yeeeah Engine Upgrade and Crack Shot are the only worthwhile upgrades with the YV-666. I foresee you netting a total of $10 for the rest of the cards (if you ever manage to sell them).

So, I mean, if you value your time as worthless, then I guess making twelve individual listings on eBay, relisting, relisting, relisting, finally selling a card for $3.00, giving eBay 10%, giving PayPal 10%, is a real winning scenario.

I'd list it as missing 2 cards for $25-30...

Bossk (crew), K4, Glitterstim, and Heavy Laser Cannons are all worthwhile. Lone Wolf is situationally worthwhile, depending on whether or not you already have it.

>hounds tooth
>25-30

Oh I am laffin

No.

So honest question if KAT is gone where does Neuromanic post his scans? Asking for... A friend...

>dat webm
Savage

Rip in peace keny

>RIP in peace
>Rest in peace in peace

Roll a chance cube for it

>being new
not him but how can you possibly have not heard that before?

So how does one into Scum and Villainy? I'm considering picking up X-Wing but neither of the main two factions interest me too much. What are the good ships from them? Do you have to use big old bounty hunter ships?

Guess Tarkin is just a gramar nazi.

How to describe the 2 factions. There's the obvious "broadsides vs front arcs", but that's simplifying the factions down too far, especially with the recent mix ups. There's honestly so many builds at this point that it's hard to say what any faction specifically does differently, but I would put it as this:
>Imperials
Offense through 1-2 punches
Defense through heavy hull and forward facing focus
Support through sabotage and speed manipulation
Squadrons with ace heavy combos, very good at bombing.
>Rebels
Offense through waves of small long shots
Defense through shields and dodging
Support through ships assisting eachother in formation (within range abilities)
Squadrons can play the spam game harder with better statted generic fighters. Can play anti fighters better.

If you REALLY want to know the biggest differences through. Look up commanders. Commanders are the keys you build entire lists around. They help you decide most what you want to take and what playstyle you're going for. Here's a dumb chart I whipped up.

That man was a sly devil.

"I'll take my salary as percentage of profits pls"

So does this thing have any use beyond being Palpy's new pimped out taxi?

Why does the thing even have wings? Much less wings that go in a jumping jack motion?

Because it's the newer, cooler Lambda shuttle, so it has to have folding wings.

The hardest part of playing scum solo is you'll still need the damage deck, templates, dice, etc from the core set. Unless you get them 3rd party or buy parts on ebay.

Scum have a wide variety of ships and the general theme is "risk vs reward". They have powerful effects with big downsides, so the key is managing that well. You don't have to run Bounty Hunters or their ships, but they are pretty cool.

Easiest start is with most wanted. That's a good core of basic ships (Y and Zs) plus extra cards and bases for another Y, a HWK (highly recommended) and a firespray.

After that, pick the ships you like and you should be fine. Fair warning, the scyk is the worst ship in the game and the starviper/khiraxz are solid but overcosted in game. And, of course, proxy upgrades as you learn because buying everything at once is crazy.

We don't know all the pilots and upgrades yet, but a 4 attack primary is nothing to scoff at. Ben seems pretty solid too with his crazy condition.

You can take Expose and boost that up to 5/6 at Range 1. Plus it has fucking coordinate! Picture it:
>Coordinate
>Experimental Interface
>Expose

I'm seriously having a hard understanding of how ship combat works in FFG. Does anyone have a good explanation?

>muh non-realistic spess ship
Bitch, this is Star Wars!

Moving requires you to be at a speed that isn't 0. Higher the speed, the more range bands you can move in a single fly/drive maneuver. If you want to lower or increase your current speed, that takes up a maneuver.

Shooting at somebody takes an action, but you can only use each gun once per round; so if you're in a bigger ship, you can't fire a gun then let somebody knock you out of the seat so they can use that same gun that round. Difficulty is based on silhouette differences and then for targeting sil 4 or lower ships, whichever defense zone the defender chooses, for targeting sil 5 or higher ships, the zone you're firing at is whichever you're actually facing.

Main other thing is the whole second maneuver thing. If the 2nd maneuver is labeled as Pilot Only, then the ship has to both be sil 4 or lower and then take 2 System Strain to perform it. If the ship has a single pilot then the pilot takes 2 strain/give up an action to perform the maneuver, or if the ship allows it and there is one, a second pilot can use his maneuver for it instead. And a single ship can only perform 2 Pilot Only maneuvers a round, so even if you've got tons of room for strain and 4 pilots, it's still capped at 2. Unless you're in a sil 5 or higher ship, then it's capped at 1.

All the other maneuvers and actions listed in the vehicle/starfighter section are bonus things you can do, various ways to keep your vehicle from breaking down/have an easier time fighting opponents. And much like with normal combat, you should in no way feel constrained to only the listed things and should try to think outside the box for other maneuvers/actions that make sense within any given scenario.

Not gonna lie, Alec Guinness seems like a dick.

He only agreed to sign a little boy's picture of Obi-Wan if the boy promised to never watch Star Wars again. Made the boy cry. So yeah, he's kind of an asshole. At least, as far as Star Wars is concerned.

And we're kind of on /swg/ so that matters a bit.

>besmirching the great name of Alec Guinness
How dare you.
youtube.com/watch?v=DuwgQ9Qof88&t=63m4s

And then there's THIS asshole
Mark Hamill continuing to be a ray of sunshine.

Oh my fucking god.

Gentlemen.
I love Star Destroyers.

It's also ugly as sin. Most of the Episode 7 ships are.

>Reaper and Vengeance.

Ask me how I know you're a Pentastar Alignment man.

Any of the big bounty hunter ships particularly good?

>*sad beeping*

Jumpmaster and IG-200 are tier 1 ships, great ships, fun to fly, IGs have a strong learning curve. YV-666 tier 2 good damage, little maneuverability, dies quicker than you'd think. Firespray tier 2.5. it's a big x-wing, boba can work and kath might be worth taing with tail gunner but without boost or barrel roll they can struggle to get arcs on ships.

All of them, including the ones that haven't been released yet. If Scum have duds, they're only in the small-based side of the faction.
Seriously:
>Aggressor
>Greens out the wazoo, all the utility, and about to get a whole lot better thanks to IG-88D Crew card.

>YV-666
>Hardy as fuck, great support piece, Bossk pilot turns it into a truly frightening assault platform.

>Firespray
>Deadly af. Boba excels at Range 1 combat, Kath and Tail Gunner will be a Wave IX meta ruler, Emon holds more bombs than any other factions dedicated bomber.

>Jumpmaster
>Google: "X-wing Wolf Pack." These ships are so good that Wave IX is essentially a hard counter for this one ship, and even after it comes out it will still be great.

>Shadowcaster
>It's a Large-base ship with a 4-straight green. A 4-straight green! Plus it has broadside cannons and the pilots are awesome.

>10 years ago
>hey dad what's a good name for a super star destroyer
>crack cocaine

Every now and then, my dad's capable of being funny.

Alright swg, I've come for your help.

I've got a tournament this weekend with some wonky base rules and I need some help figuring out some lists to fly.

I've got 2 in mind, but I want to hear what you guys will come up with.

Standard game and tournament rules, 100 points, tourney is named "Frenemies". Special conditions: your list has to contain at least 1 ship from each faction. Imperial and first order are same faction, rebels and resistance are same faction, scum is scum. Faction-specific upgrades like ruthlessness can only be given to a ship of that faction (I.E. vader can take it, luke cannot). All ships in your list still treat each other as friendly for abilities like Jan ors, palpatine, etc.

> What would you think about bringing?

> any blatantly overpowered combos?

> which of these 2 lists is better?

-Aces
Talonbane cobra with cloaking device, stygium particle accelerator, push the limit

Jake Farrell with test pilot, push the limit, veteran instincts, Autothrusters

Soontir Fel with royal guard tie, Stealth device, autothrusters, push the limit

-Fatties
Palpmobile: Omicron group pilot with palpatine

Mini Dash: Wild Space Fringer with mangler cannon, outrider

Party Bus: Trandoshan Slaver with 4-LOM, Zuckuss, Boba Fett

Palp doesn't massively benefit the other buses, so possibly the Aces list.

Why not switch Jake for Poe and Soontir for the Palp build? I think Poe with a focus token and Palp backing him would almost always hit with every die he rolls.

That story was a bit of Jedi Truth.

The kid in question wrote an essay on it within the last few years. Guiness relates the story in his memoir as leaving the child in tears, but that's not what happened.
The boy saw Guinness at some event or another, told him he'd seen Star Wars 200 times, Guinness laughed, blurted out that it wasn't even his best work, signed the autograph and was a complete sweet heart while asking the boy to promise never to watch it again.
The reason the kid had seen Star Wars so much was because his mother worked late nights opposite a movie theatre, so he would go and watch a movie every day while waiting for her and Star Wars was his favorite. Remembering that this was the 70's/80's, and movies ran for much longer than they do now it's very possible he watched Star Wars every day for the better part of a year.

I don't have a cross-factional list builder on me, but this sounds like a laff:

>Jan Ors with Decoy, Nien Nunb, Ion Turret
>Omega Ace with Push The Limit, Expose, Comm Relay, Experimental Interface
>Manaroo with Lone Wolf

Omega Target Locks and Exposes, Manaroo Focuses, start of combat Jan decoys Omega, Manaroo passes focus to Omega, Jan boosts Omega by 1 attack, Omega immediately converts his Jan boosted, Exposed attack into four critical hits (or five, at Range 1).

I think he's just very formal with that considered, measured speaking style and mannerisms, lot of the old timey brits are a bit like that and its not that they're being rude or anything. They just sort of are and that's that!

Peter Cushing however, is about as Veeky Forums as it gets
youtube.com/watch?v=qEC7dsFlvIE

They're all strong to quite strong. covered it pretty well.

>old man playing expansive, terrained wargames on the floor
Livin' the fuckin' dream.

I would have wanted to play with him....

Holy shit he made those from... compressed drawing paper? And shit was detachable?

>when yo nigga Cushing thins his paints on video

Makes you think about how people bitch and moan if a stand is a bit wonky on their TIE fighter... motherfuckers never grogged out enough to build a mini out of damn paper pulp!

Wait, does Manaroo being in xwing mean she is canon again?

Denver still has his waifu

Thanks FFG.

Wes, Jax, Palob

Troll everyone

FFG are not official canonisers.

Rogue Squadron Buddies (or "Fuck Ordinance, Lasers all the Way")

Rebel Side
A-Wing - Tycho, Ptl, Test Pilot, Wired, Autothrust
X-Wing - Wedge, Pred, BB-8, Integrated Astro

Imp Side
TIE Interceptor - Soontir Fel, PtL, Royal Guard, Stealth Device, Autothrust

Tourney next weekend, r8 me m8s

TIE Defender: · Colonel Vessery (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)
TIE/fo Fighter: · "Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)
TIE/fo Fighter: · "Zeta Leader" (20)
Wired (1)
TIE Bomber: Scimitar Squadron Pilot (16)
TIE Shuttle (0)
· Darth Vader (3)
100/100

forgot to add the Chaardan Refit on tycho to make the points add up

>your list has to contain at least 1 ship from each faction
Pretty solid mix of the current meta. I love that Shuttle loadout. So threatening for so few points.

Ah damn i misread that part.

Dengar and his waifu will always be canon in my heart

It's dumb but I'd love to mix E'tahn and Wampa.

She's still Legends. Although technically speaking, Dengar's only full canon information now is that he was one of the bounty hunters in Ep 5, and failed in hunting down the Falcon.

So Jek 14 is Canon now?

>caring about canon

>Dengar's only full canon information now is that he was one of the bounty hunters in Ep 5, and failed in hunting down the Falcon.
He appears in two Clone Wars episodes, two issues of the Darth Vader comic series, three issues of the main comic series, and in Aftermath. All of which are canon.

Could someone recommend card sleeves for upgrades that don't stick together? I've been using premium soft sleeves from Ultimate Guard--which I was told would not stick (they totally do).

This is always said by people who are supremely butthurt that the canon they spent their lives consuming has been superseded. Who cares about canon? You did. You still do. If you didn't, your ass wouldn't be stinging right now.