Veeky Forums, I've been getting into Jojo pretty hard lately (anime only, for now at least), and I'm joining a 3...

Veeky Forums, I've been getting into Jojo pretty hard lately (anime only, for now at least), and I'm joining a 3.5 campaign soon. Obviously, I need to join these two interests.

I'm not incredibly familiar with 3.5, and it's been a while since I've played, but does anybody have any tips on how to make a character that, more or less, is a Stand user in all but name?

Stands are gonna be rough unless your DM lets you fluff shit.

I think there was a class where you had this golem Eidelon thing that you pimped out and cast magic through, but I'm not sure.

It depends on how abstract you want to get. Wizards have familiars and Druids have a starting pet I think.

Oh fuck Familiars could be perfect for those super-power based stands since you can cast through the familiar.

From there it's just picking a bunch of spells that technically-kinda revolve around a theme or are an extension of a particular power..

Haven't seen one of these in a while.
For a while, there was a "How do I play a stand user in X game" thread few hours, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I've already talked to my DM, he's cool with it. Doesn't get it because he isn't a jojo fan but he's allowing it. I think there's a specific summoner class in Pathfinder that uses an Eidolon, but I'm not sure if 3.5 has something similar.
Familiars, maybe? I'm not really quite sure how that'd work, though, fampai, but it's probably a good place to start.

Any chance any of them might be archived on suptg?

That's going to be tricky. I'm assuming you're going with the "projecting a psychic spirit being as an extension of yourself" aspect of being a Stand user, not the "one power that can be used in a whole bunch of different clever ways" aspect, but portraying either one in D&D 3.5 would take some doing, given that most "magical" classes are of the kind that have a long list of mostly-unrelated spells; even if you give yourself one Stand-like ability, you're likely to get a lot of other powers that have nothing to do with it.

That said, summoning spells are kind of like Stand powers, but that's kind of a stretch. Alternatively, the Psion can learn a power called "Astral Construct". It's like a summoning spell, but instead of summoning a being from another plane it creates a sort of psychic golem from the raw substance of the Astral Plane.

You might also want to look into Magic of Incarnum. It's a really unique magic system that was detailed in one specific supplement. The basic idea is that they tap into the essence of the universe to create "soulmelds", which are like magic items that give the meldshaper various powers, but they're intangible and part of the user's soul, and you can create a different set of soulmelds each day. Basically, they're like the ability Stands from Part 7, that give powers to the user instead of doing the fighting themselves.

From what I understand, Familiars are gonna rule you out of the whole "super buff melee" stands, but you can still do "tricky dick" stands like Heaven's Door and shit.

You'll be the first person in the world to base their character on their latest anime binge.
Kudos.

The Psion sounds like it probably fits what I'd go for. I'm not a very clever individual, so I was kinda just gonna do something like Star Platinum or The World, but probably without the time stopping right now.

>I'm not a very clever individual

The choice is clear.

oh god

I'm really Okuyasu.

The sooner we accept Okuyasu is inside us the sooner we realize what a fucking amazing character he is.

Okuyasu is love, Okuyasu is life.

The Spiritualist class from Pathfinder might be a good place to start. You get a buddy phantom that's pretty close to the punchier stands.

Okuyasu is the soul of DiU, really

I think you're going about this the wrong way. You shouldn't focus your entire build on trying to emulate a single gimmick from another source. Making it your main ability is one thing, but don't think of it as your character's one power; keep all of your resources in mind. Unlike a JJBA character, a D&D character has a lot more than just one power.

Basically, I'm saying that you shouldn't focus so much on your inspiration that you lose sight of what your character actually is and what sort of setting the story actually takes place in.

>ANIME ONLY
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FILTHY SECONDARIES READ THE MANGA NOW OR I'LL START SPOILING SHIT

Yeah, man, I know I'm trash.
You know, that's a good point. Thinking about it, it'd probably get boring using the same two or three things over and over and over.

bato.to
READ THAT SHIT NOW OR I'LL START DROPPING REALLY BULLSHIT SPOILERS YOU GOY

5.e Spirit Guardians spell. Have fun.

m-masaka!

ALRIGHT NEGROID YOU ASKED FOR IT
KIRA, THE ANTAGONIST OF PART 4 AND NOTED HAND-LOVING SERIAL KILLER, DIES AFTER GETTING HIT BY AN AMBULANCE THAT WAS ON ITS WAY TO PICK HIM UP. HE IS LATER PULLED INTO HELL BY THE VENGEFUL SPIRITS FROM THE HAND ALLEY.

Yes he is.

>I was kinda just gonna do something like Star Platinum or The World, but probably without the time stopping right now.
The Psion class does actually have a time-stopping power. They can also shoot rays of ice and lightning, create storms of crystal shards, send telepathic messages, teleport, and turn their bodies into wood. And it's possible to have any or all of those powers at once.

>Not even posting a read the manga picture
You could atleast humor him user

> has one of the most broken stands of the series
> "I'll claw at things with it!"

There has to be some sort of haunted barbarian archetype.

Can I skip the 5th series?
Is there even any point to Gio?

The fights and stands in part 5 are easily my favorite, the stands are interesting enough on their own to merit reading it

I never understood why people said people say skip part 5 when it has that, Bruno, Mista. and Doppios phone moments.

Why in the everloving fuck would you run JJBA in 3.5e?

Why?