Villains who did nothing wrong

>Villains who did nothing wrong
How do I get the PCs to join the BBEG?

Waifus.

By not setting up a particular character as the designated villain to be slain.

Just slap down some warring factions with their own philosophical and ethical differences, give each their good points and their bad points and see which group your party chooses as the "lesser evil".

elaborate?

>Villains who did nothing wrong

This.

The reason players want to kill the BBEG is because the BBEG is usually so evil that the only solution is death.

If the BBEG is literally not evil then they will realize that it's better to join forces against the actual evil.

He's more of a tragic villain since in all fairness he did try to kill the fuck out of them instead of trying to talk it out.

He did nothing wrong

My last villain literally freed them from prison in exchange for the simple task of killing their captors as a favor while he was doing something else there. Instead of walking away, they agreed.

Even as he started demanding they do more nefarious things for him so that he could rule the world, they kept aiding his plans, even killing lots of good aligned people because "the pay is good and at least he rewards us and values us."

All the villain has done for them is reward them, treated them like friends, even helped them in bad situations.

One time they got killed and sent to hell so the villain struck a deal with the evil entities who held their souls to free them. Now he owns their souls but is still not a dick to them.

Apparently they see this as a good thing because that means they don't need to worry about going to hell.

>YFW Furiosa destroyed what could have been a stable nation state which will now be consumed with poor management, lack of resources, protection, and attacked from all sides by warring factions once kept in line by their newly dead leader.

Everyone is an enemy to someone, it's all a matter of perspective.

Make your BBEG a good guy in the party's eyes and a great villain in the eyes of enemy groups.

>implying Furiosa hasn't already demonstrated herself as a capable leader that commands the respect of the War Boys and that the surviving members of the bloodline won't throw their hat in with her because they don't want to fucking die.

>he did try to kill the fuck out of them instead of trying to talk it out.
They tried to kill him first.
And Jake Sully was supposed to be negotiating with them, instead indulged in the furry lifestyle rather than do the job he was already being paid to do.

Basically Colonel Quaritch was waiting for his diplomat to do his job and instead he went AWOL for some cat sex

Mad Max is not and has never been a hero, he is a bringer of chaos. Look at fucking Barter Town

Make the BBEG a cute girl with a sympathetic backstory. Works every time. She could be committing genocide or trying to end the world and the players would still side with her.

God, fuck that movie. The colonel was the best fucking characters.

Furiosa has no hold over gas town or the bullet farm.
They only have young boys to defend the citadel and no fleet of war vehicles.

She is a badass and a capable leader, but as it stands the motocross raiders now have a larger standing army than she does.

The brides would have been better off birthing Immortan's sons and teaching them to be better than their father.

>Mad Max is not and has never been a hero, he is a bringer of chaos. Look at fucking Barter Town
Damn
Cultist Chan would be proud

Goddamn raggedy man

>Implying they wouldn't be taken to be raised as peerless killers as soon as they're weaned.

It's like you don't even understand how a true warrior is made.

I'm lost.

Furiousa isn't a capable leader, she's an inspiring figure. There is a difference between the person who can inspire people to follow, and one who can actually lead them to prosperity. Furiousa certainly wins loyalty, but she has shitty plans. "kidnap the only good breeding stock and run away to a place that doesn't exist" is a shitty plan. Waging war on the people that make the gas and bullets is a shitty plan. Wasting what is certainly a very very limited amount of water to raise morale is a shitty plan.

Yeah Joe was monstrous, but he was keeping people alive, and more than that, he was convincing them that what HAD to be done strategically was what SHOULD be done ethically. Furiousa is doing what she thinks SHOULD be done ethically while completely ignoring what HAS to be done strategically. Now they have no gas, no bullets, no soldiers, nothing but cripples and children, limited water, and the two other nations out for her blood. That is NOT good leadership.

Cultist, no matter how cutesy, is a bringer of chaos. A harbringer of pestillence, war, change and degeneration.
Max does a damn good job stepping into her territory. Everywhere he goes ordered civilizations crumble.

Seriously, the WHOLE conflict could have been avoided if the diplomat just DID HIS FUCKING JOB.
He never ONCE told the navi that the humans only wanted unobtanium. Forget peace treaties or any of that shit, he didn't even tell them why the humans were even there.

And then Quaritch is treated like the bad guy because he's doing his job. His job is to protect the people and the operation. Nothing more or less. He waited a long ass time before fighting back in the hopes that the diplomat would negotiate a peaceful resolution but his job isn't negotiating, it's making sure his men aren't being killed.

God Sully is such a fuck up in that movie. It's not like there was any reason NOT to explain human's motives. "we want the shiny rock" is all he had to say but he just never does for no god damn reason.

The difference, and a rather important one, is that Cultist intentionally causes that chaos. Max by contrast, never starts the shit he has to solve in each film he's in but always helps anyway because at the end of the day, he's still a cop and wants to bring some kind of good to a world gone bad. He just has incredibly bad luck that terrible things happen around him.

In my experience, just make him a manic depressive but otherwise mostly benign bishy and your group will do everything they can to assist him and attempt to act as his conscience. Also give him a crew of quirky lieutenants (which they will end up joining) and a cool base of operations.

My players go absolutely nuts for the 'Noble fallen hero' and 'Nice guy with a tortured soul' archetypes.

Presumably it also works if they are a female, but I've never tried it.

> she has shitty plans
> Had one plan based on passion because she couldn't stand it
> therefore all her plans are shitty

Uh huuuuh...

Also the place did exist it just went to shit while she was away.

I don't think all the warboys were taken and killed. Gas and bullets is up in the air depending on the new leadership of those places.

>the two other nations out for her blood

What? Dude you are making a lot of assumptions here that I have no idea what you are basing out of. That's all going to depend on who fills the void.

We got one helluva Jazz drummer out of it, so can he really be that bad?

>inferiors shouldn't be extinguished

There's no crying in tribal warfare, son.

Fucking Amon had all the good points
so sad that he was a waterbender rather than actually having spirit bending like the Avatar, that would have been much cooler.

Nuyen, chummer; what else?

>YFW Furiosa destroyed what could have been a stable nation state which will now be consumed with poor management, lack of resources, protection, and attacked from all sides by warring factions once kept in line by their newly dead leader.

It's canon that thanks to Furiosa's actions, the Citadel becomes a peaceful and just society that lasts long after all the movie characters are dead.

>for no god damn reason
He wanted that blue ass, and trying to do politics on their holy ground would have made her not like him.

So instead he completely fucked them over by having their tree house destroyed, fucking the chiefs daughter, and starting an interplanetary war that they cannot hope to ever win.

w-wut

>It's canon that thanks to Furiosa's actions, the Citadel becomes a peaceful and just society that lasts long after all the movie characters are dead.
Everyone gets a happy ending cause good guys and good intentions is not how reality works

I think he's saying the Navi should have been killed

all the problems you named were pulled out of your ass by exaggerating smaller problems we saw

>the world will always work out with Bad End
>because reasons
>Good End is impossible, only Bad End

>nuh-uh

Can't argue with George Miller, user

Yeah if only she'd killed their leaders and all of their soldiers, too.

Fun fact, they originally considered Michael Bien for Quarritch but Cameron was hesitant about putting him in a sci fi movie with Sigourney Weaver. He didn't want people thinking it was an Aliens reunion.

That is the most accurate summary of the user's argument.

Humanity isn't reason enough?

Young boys and the mechanics and the guys who were getting patched up.

Also the motocross raiders have, like, no fucking reason to go after them unless one of their number suddenly goes I HAVE A NEED FOR CONQUEST which is essentially a random crapshot.

Not unless you bring up some evidence for muh human nature

there isn't any

>Humanity is evil
>Humanity doesn't do things because of logical reasons

...I'm sorry that you live such an unhappy life user but you should maybe study history to gain a better understanding of how humans work.

Its Mad fucking Max, of course its not how reality works.

Storytime.

yay!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>shitty plans
Furiosa wanted redemption. This wasn't a power play. She also had no idea the Green Place didn't exist anymore.

>No soldiers/bullets/gas
Remnants of Joe's army will likely make it to the Citadel within weeks. The interesting question is if Furiosa can convince them to join her, or if they'll be too mad for revenge on the woman who killed their god king.
I'm an optimist, so I think odds are good they'd choose Furiosa: they know her and respect her, she holds the heirs of Joe's blood line, and Corpus Colossus will almost certainly side with her, if only to stay alive. Even if they want blood, they'll have to get through throngs of peasants and into an impenetrable fortress.
This gives Furiosa an army to protect the Citadel. Whatever's left of Gastown and the Bullet Farm could *probably* be negotiated with, seeing as they likely don't have much of an army left.

>Wasting water for morale
Exactly what Joe did. We don't know for sure how much water the Citadel has, but Toast the Knowing speculates there's a ton of it, and we see they have gardens. With proper rationing, rather than splashing it down for a few minutes every few days in a big display to show that Joe is God, the water is likely sustainable.

>Nations out for blood
There's no real evidence the Russian gang was anything more than a few random vehicles. Slit and Nux show no concern at their presence, the whole crew may well have been wiped out in that botched raid.
The Canyon Gang is likewise a very sparse, light force, unable to deploy heavy vehicles or weapons. Their resources are explicitly limited, attacking the citadel is a big risk just to prove a point.
Again, the Citadel is a BA fortress, and there's likely no coherent force left in the immediate area interested in taking it

tl;dr With good luck and good advisers, Furiosa could forge a remnant of Joe's empire. It'll be a long time before it's as potent, and will likely remain vulnerable, but I think it's very possible.

>There's no real evidence the Russian gang was anything more than a few random vehicles

I remember reading in the comic that they do have some semblance of society, living in the underground ruins of Sydney. They're still around, but I highly doubt them making a power play.

>except you got no balls

SAVAGE

WITNESS

>No balls
>Used by women as an insult to other women

An antagonist does not need to be evil nor a protagonist good.

Furthermore these moral categories, good and evil, are subjective to begin with.

>Syndrome
>SJW Tumblrina Incarnate
>Not a villain
If you say so, brah.

>man began to feed on man, and all idioms were lost

Nietzsche please stay

I would argue with you by I'm more interested in MAD MAX

>Fucking Amon had all the good points
You shouldn't strive to bring everyone down to the level of the least capable in a society but instead strive to lift everyone up.

What Amon was doing would be the equivalent of cutting peoples legs off because not everyone can walk.

He's logical, has good intentions, but is ruthless and bad at diplomacy.

Alternatively, in secret lab behind the GM screen make a nice PC yourself and fast-forward his/her story 'till the "Big Bad" status, see if it makes sense

While Syndrome has very sympathetic reasons for his actions, he is ultimately a villain not for taking revenge on the man who rejected him, but for the damage and murder he caused in the process. If he'd have simply gone after Incredible himself, it would have been one thing, but the man killed god knows how many other innocent heroes and bystanders who did nothing to him.

And his incredibly selfish attitude towards the people loyal to him shows that he was unlikely to ever really be a good guy anyways.

>Syndrome did nothing wrong
He murdered people with his robot thing amd destroyed part of the city

>I'm a depressed piece of shit and humanity sucks
>Bawwww

Cry more you edgy piece of shit

>kill a bunch of people who were not just innocent, but genuine heroes
>so that he could create a false threat to the world and establish himself as the only person that can fight it
>this cavalcade of lies and murder is basically just one big add campaign for his future career in arms dealing
>people actually think this guy did nothing wrong just because his technology would eventually help people if they ever got to use it, except if he wanted to help people with his technology he could've done so years before the events of the movie even happened

Doesn't the movie try to imply that the military just wants to use Sully as a spy so they can just go and grab the unobtanium? They want the whole thing quickly, and they can't do that without serious mining and blasting.

Then the science crew just picks up Sully and drags him off away from the main base to be away from the colonel's influence. Which is honestly a stupid move, because it only slows the problem instead of preventing it.

>over 562lbs (255kg) of salt.
That is pretty salty.

nah, he was brought into the Navi's place by total coincidence and the science dudes convinced him to stay for research. the Colonel had Sully secretly do stuff for him, I think, but Sully began to be more Navi-friendly

damn how long is this? It's a neat prequel/backstory but I want to go to sleep