Pokemon Quest #154 part 2

Battling Monsters Edition

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Gobble
Twitter: twitter.com/GobbleQM
Pokemon, items, and summary: pastebin.com/tSNKt0Wm
FAQ and general concepts: pastebin.com/Ht1Q5E1p
All guides, player knowledge, and smutty stories: pastebin.com/u/Gobblepokemon

Themes: youtube.com/watch?v=6Y-ad_74T08
Quest theme: youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=YW9QKy6oDkE&x-yt-cl=85114404

Recently: You're battling Team Imperium's General Harris as a distraction while everyone sneaks away in a tunnel.

General rules:

There is a 10 minute voting period after each post. Non-contradictory votes will be combined as best as possible.

Write-ins for all votes are always welcome and encouraged. They may not all make it into the post or be altered to fit in, but I'll do my best to at least try to address the spirit of the write-in.

Very important or contentious votes may be redone in a stricter voting system as it comes up.

Combat involves rolls! Once there's a clear vote winner, we roll for the move accuracy/crit/secondary effect. Usually it's just three 1d100s. Sometimes you can get a modifier from circumstances, so be creative! Add flair, do tricks with moves, mess with terrain, whatever! This is not a video game. Weak moves tend to be quicker.

Call me out on a mistake and receive an apology butt or suggestive picture.

Badges: 10

Pokemon on you:
Devon (Houndoom)
Leviathan (Gyarados)
Zappy Dan (Magnezone)
Destiny (Kingdra) - Very little HP
Aria (Meloetta)
Raistlin (Alakazam) - KO

Not In Party:
Trunks (Trevenant)
Fel (Butterfree)
Vlad (Crobat)
Oberon (Garchomp)
Nibbles (Tyrantrum)

So, what do you think of the latest reveals with Sun and Moon, Gobble?

Seems Game Freak are really treating the newest Team as a joke this time around,

You really want to take this chance to make a break for it, but you just can’t let those people get hit. You hope you don’t regret this.

“Destiny! Ice Beam!”

Destiny twirls and fires off a beam of ice against the five headed Dodrio. It’s a really tricky shot, but since the goal is to specifically freeze the puss, Destiny is able to get most of it before it bursts.

“Ah!” One of the people yells as she holds her hand. You can see smoke coming off of it.

A few other people jump away and brush bits off their clothes, but nobody is seriously hurt. judging at how some of the frozen goo sizzles through the ice, that could have gone much, much worse.

Dodrio sighs and many of it’s eyes roll. It looks terribly sick.

“Your injured Pokemon won’t stand a chance against what I have coming up next. No more play time.”

You lock eyes with Harris. He seems pretty set on beating you in front of these people.

>Finish your battle. You can get away after
>Smokescreen and run (will be harder now)
>Keep battling, but try to engineer another distraction if you can
>Something else

>>Smokescreen and run (will be harder now)

[I'm not super up to date, but hearing that IVs can be trained is very exciting.]

We've done more than enough, time to bolt.

If we take too long then the others will come back for us, which defeats the purpose of us stalling.

If we run we're gonna lose the possibility of him breaking the cameras or whatever for us, which would be beneficial.

>>Smokescreen and run (will be harder now)

Let's put it this way in terms of Team Skull:

They're edgy rappers dressed in black uniforms that the members of the team have to buy themselves.

.....and the fucking super sentai moves

sigh, at least some of it looks good

>Finish your battle. You can get away after

I think at this point Game Freak is just parodying edgy fanfiction with these guys.

It's going to be so hard putting together a team, I've lived so many of the new pokes so far. Wishiwashi, pyukumuku, wimpod, chargabug, alolan exeggcutor, fomantis, and the starter final stages haven't even been revealed yet!

Don't forget Drampa.

Got to love poke-Falkor!

>making a team before it's all been spoiled.

Fampai, you're sounding like those guys on the serebii forums

>Keep battling, but try to engineer another distraction if you can

>edgy fanfiction
[Heh. Yeah. What kind of loser makes an edgy version of Pokemon?

Anyway, roll for Kat's getaway before she's captured or killed. Tomorrow I should have the rest of the hardcore sex lewdbin ready.]

Rolled 16 (1d100)

>lewdbin

Oh THANK YOU, I've been waiting for ages

Rolled 31 (1d100)

Damn, while I would feel shitty about those guys getting burned by the acid, I'm kind of regretting my write-in.

Rolled 76 (1d100)

Remind me who the subject of the lewdbin will be again. This will determine the extent of my hype.

Rolled 28 (1d100)

I wouldn't call this edgy.

Team Imperium is a credible, interesting villain.

Team Skull seem a bit too Shadow the Edge-hog to be taken seriously.

Clair + Robin

Did you remember the Milktank pjs?

Damn, probably not good enough.

It's certainly better than a 31.

[No worries, user. I know what you mean. I appreciate your consideration.]

For the love of God, I really hope whatever exit strategy we choose involves this guy getting maimed at the very least. For the rest of this mission we should be killing Imperium members on sight. This shit is beyond fucked.

If you want, I'll link the trailer and you can see what I mean.

Hmm, okay. I can get behind that.

You’ve done enough. It’s time to get out of here. Just before Harris throws out his last Pokemon, you make your move. “Destiny! Smokescreen! Wide!”

She understands exactly what your intent is and sprays the smokescreen the best she can. As everyone’s eyes are on her you start running. Once she’s done you turn quick enough just to bring her back into her ball.

It takes a few seconds before people realize what’s going on. You can hear the shouting behind you.

Then the attacks start. There’s a small crack from a tree you run by and bark flies at you.

A vicious looking Team Imperium member and his Seviper are blocking your path to the cabin door. You duck as a blast of electricity flies overhead. A few flying Pokemon will be on you any second now.

You could force your way through. He and his Seviper look pretty fast though. You could also have a Pokemon help get you through, but that would take the longest and let a lot of them catch up.

You could also try to play something on the flute as you run and calm many of the attacking Pokemon. That’d make things a lot easier, but running and playing is very hard.

>Try to run past them (DC 70)
>Throw out a Pokemon to fight a way through (specify)
>Play the flute as you run (DC 85)
>Throw out all of your Pokemon and have a slow but steady fighting retreat
>Screw the cabin. Run to the woods instead (DC 40)
>Something else

>>Play the flute as you run (DC 85)

>Throw out a Pokemon to fight a way through (specify)
Aria.

Hornbeam isn't the only one capable of mindfuckery.

>>Try to run past them (DC 70)

Maybe we'll be lucky and this is the same seviper that helped us in that cave, back when Vernon paralyzed us to train.

You guys are... really big gambling fans huh?

If Gobble is telling us the DC, that's because he wants to make sure there's no bitching when we inevitably fail.

> Inb4 we get an arrow in our eye

At least can we have Aria out so if we fail, she can do her mindfuckery?

Yeah we really should have either left those goons to die or finished the fight.

[It's pretty close. Let's be safe with an exact quote only vote. Will you try to run through these two, or use the flute?

Running through is easier, but if you succeed with the flute the rest of your escape won't be as hard.]

>flute
>run

>run

>run

>run

>run

>run

we're doomed anyway, undone by caring for bystanders.

>flute

[Roll!]

Rolled 9 (1d100)

Rolled 47 (1d100)

Rolled 40 (1d100)

Rolled 19 (1d100)

...Fuck.

Why did no one else think of getting someone out to use as back up?

Rolled 33 (1d100)

>run

My question exactly.

Our luck has been rather poor all day.

Now, we're courting Bad End territory.

Because it'd give the other bad guys time to catch up.

It doesn't matter though, we were fucked the second we decided to fight in the first place and continued to just make bad decisions after that.

People just had to ice beam and not run.

They probably would have gotten horribly injured though, in ways they probably didn't deserve.

Six of the last eight rolls beat 70.

>Because it'd give the other bad guys time to catch up.

The difference being, we wouldn't have been as easy to take down while running.

Unless this was the into the forest option, which I'm pretty sure it wasn't.

Which is kind of annoying really. LIke now our only hope is our friends rescue us without getting too injured, because we decided to care about the safety of others.

Also, and this is just a personal thing, but I really don't like it when the stakes are this high for this quest. It just feels kind of wrong.

DESU this is narrwitvely way better. The suspense and future escape attempt will be great

True, but look at how well the rolls have been going against us as well.

I think it may have been a bad idea going so late with the thread. Sleepy anons make bad decisions.

Probably also the case, I know I'm really tired myself.

Like starting a second thread wasn't a great idea.

A fair bit worse, but really only because of the 98 and the 85. Other than that, most of the attacks were dodged, low rolls or both.

I had went to bed after the smoke and ice vote because I figured that would be it, good thing for insomnia.

I also have 20 bucks on some user having an IP that changes every time they post, there is no way in hell 22 people are still posting besides Gobble.

You’ve got this. You’re Kat. You’re slippery. You’ve been in scraps and you’ve wrestled and outmaneuvered Delmer before. This no-name should be easy. Sure, the drug you took slowed your reflexes a little and you don’t have the full advantage of a major distraction, but you can do this.

You run right at him. He spreads his arms wide to intercept. Perfect. You duck and move around the side where he has his weight on his leg so he’ll have to do an extra shift to turn around. You run into Seviper and already work out how to get around it. It’s easy. You just-

Seviper uses Glare.

Your body freezes as if in shock, and you stumble forward onto the grass. You struggle to get up but the Team Imperium member grabs your legs. “I got her!”

You kick, but it’s so hard to move. Your muscles shake and respond slowly

>Start throwing Pokemon out and tell them to escape (we’ll vote and roll to see who goes first and who succeeds)
>Start throwing out Pokemon and try to fight your way out (things may get nasty, but it’s night and your Pokemon are powerful, cornered animals)
>Try to pick his pocket and stash whatever you get (DC 60)
>Fight! Fight for everything you have, get loose, and run! (DC 95)
>Something else

>Start throwing out Pokemon and try to fight your way out (things may get nasty, but it’s night and your Pokemon are powerful, cornered animals)

>>Start throwing out Pokemon and try to fight your way out (things may get nasty, but it’s night and your Pokemon are powerful, cornered animals)

user, you want to get captured or bank on someone coming to rescue us?

Damnit, I feel like sending all our pokemon out risks them getting killed.

I'm really tired and this is really stressful, I don't like this at all!

That or he just doesn't want to risk our pokemon or random people dying.

ALL. BETS. ARE OFF!!

Look where caring about random people got us.

Man, Kat is reslly bad at following directions. This is why we should have just used smokescreen and run as soon as we got the signal.

Nah man, gotta use icebeam! Not any of the attacks we had seen that very thread we knew we could use quickly!

I blame people not paying attention more than basic morality for that.

I don't want any of our pokemon to become killers, and I don't want any of them to die. Why did you guys insist on trying to fight the General guy instead of running away, was it because it's been a while since we've had a pokemon battle/thread?

No, we should have run from the very start like Robin and everyone else wanted us to and not acted like a shounen protagonist, we had no reason to accept that challenge.

We can always have our Pokemon just use status moves out the ass and slowly drag us away, but this is what happens what a quest runs too late and final destination votes are given to everything.

Look, a lot of people who we don't know for sure are bad guys would have gotten really injured if we hadn't done that, so we were able to protect them, our own pokemon, and even mostly the Dodrio. The problem is we should have waited for another opportunity or our friends to create one instead of just trying to force one.

That means it'll all be on Dan then, because no one else we have on us, to my knowledge, has status moves.

Aria has sing and thunder wave.

Devon has Roar.

So can we just have an extra vote to follow plans to the letter from now on, this is the how manyth time not doing so has caused more trouble than it is worth?

>Tried to vote for the smart option, to just run awat when we had the perfect chance
>Vote doesn't count because you capitalized a word
>Smart choice loses on technicality
>Now the plan is fucked up and we might die

Just quest things

>die
Oh user, Hornbeam would turn us into his ultimate warrior and mutate all our Pokemon into monsters.

Why the fuck would you capitalize a word?

Also this thread was doomed from the very start when you fuckers ignored the advise and feelings of the friendly NPCs because you wanted to show off.

Well, that's a step up, at least.