MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

GOAT commander edition

Previous thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/edh-auras-2/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/extremely-rotten-flesh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/like-an-everflowing-stream/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dopesmoker/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-enchanted-dragon-of-wisdom/
youtube.com/watch?v=SGT6R8P_rl4
youtube.com/watch?v=d47rb5HGaVo
youtube.com/watch?v=37A3v2b7gyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dwdr489pUJQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pTad4_clj-I
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ReqhO232HU8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hIw7oeZKpZc
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8DekFFCE5c
youtube.com/watch?v=A288rRYeKPk
youtube.com/watch?v=p_5fniqq7fs
youtube.com/watch?v=XZp3Mtn-YsI
youtube.com/watch?v=BtPbrsEsYfI
youtube.com/watch?v=_OWkXWMbMVw
youtube.com/watch?v=KKx6v6GJKJY
youtube.com/watch?v=eHJ7An2CMB4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>GOAT commander edition
>posts Z-Daddy

We'd be fast friends

How is Zirilan goat?
Maybe in a super niche tribal deck. He's far from best mono red.

Posting unarguably the best simic commander.

Also my homeboy who feeds off of peoples greed to a point where he hands me the game before it starts.

Trying to build a UW aura deck for funsies based around a casual deck I put together back when I first started playing. It creates big dudes using some combination of lifelink and Sunbond, as well as protectors and buffs. It was always pretty fun in multiplayer.

Looking for suggestions for any big enchantments I may have missed, and also I'm worried I may be too heavy on toolbox creatures and don't have enough guys that I can build up. I'm running Hanna as the commander to make it easy to pull back any enchantments from the grave, but I'm open to suggestions on that too. Also I'll take any ideas for lands as right now I just have generics in until I find anything better.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/edh-auras-2/

Commander - Hanna, Ship's Navigator

Creature (21)
1x Ascended Lawmage
1x Auramancer
1x Auratouched Mage
1x Blessed Spirits
1x Daxos of Meletis
1x Eidolon of Countless Battles
1x Fabled Hero
1x Flitterstep Eidolon
1x Fountain Watch
1x Ghostblade Eidolon
1x Graceblade Artisan
1x Heliod's Pilgrim
1x Hero of Iroas
1x Hopeful Eidolon
1x Invisible Stalker
1x Meletis Astronomer
1x Mesa Enchantress
1x Nomad Mythmaker
1x Rootwater Shaman
1x Sovereigns of Lost Alara
1x Umbra Mystic

Enchantment (22)
1x Aboshan's Desire
1x Aqueous Form
1x Asha's Favor
1x Auramancer's Guise
1x Battle Mastery
1x Daybreak Coronet
1x Diplomatic Immunity
1x Ephara's Enlightenment
1x Ethereal Armor
1x Felidar Umbra
1x Flickerform
1x Followed Footsteps
1x Gift of Immortality
1x Invocation of Saint Traft
1x Lifelink
1x Mirror Mockery
1x Pemmin's Aura
1x Righteous Authority
1x Sage's Reverie
1x Steel of the Godhead
1x Sunbond
1x Triclopean Sight

Artifact (8)
1x Champion's Helm
1x Coldsteel Heart
1x Fieldmist Borderpost
1x Lightning Greaves
1x Mind Stone
1x Neurok Stealthsuit
1x Prowler's Helm
1x Sol Ring

Instant (4)
1x Glint
1x Gods Willing
1x Mana Tithe
1x Swan Song

Sorcery (4)
1x Idyllic Tutor
1x Plea for Guidance
1x Three Dreams
1x Winds of Rath

Land (40)
15x Island
25x Plains

How do I approach people at my flgs to join them in playing EDH? I want to start going to play but I have major social anxiety and am afraid I'mjust gonna freeze up.

That's not kruphix.

Posting objectively the most fun commander.

Also I know auras suck but it's all in good fun.

TAPPEDOUT for fucks sake, can you delete your post and just include the tappedout link instead of all that bullshit? I'm not going to help you out of spite.

Draft with them first. Show up to a few drafts, learn some of the local players, and try to negotiate some trades for your commander deck. As you get more comfortable, just stay and watch a game or two, or maybe talk theory with someone, and boom, you've got friends that also play commander.

Kor Spiritdancer, Sun Titan and Arcanum Wings are your pals

The link is right there you fuck. I included the decklist for the sake of anyone who just wanted to read it now instead of going to the page.

Aura of Silence is repeatable removal with Hanna, in addition to a tax effect.

I had Spiritdancer in there but I left it out because the card is a little too expensive and I'm already going to be shelling out a good bit for Idyllic Tutor. I'll definitely check the other ones though.

The point is, if the link is included, you didn't need to do that at all, you dense fuckwit.

I did want to go to a draft today but couldn't work up the courage. Maybe next weekend. One of the two game stores by me does a draft every sunday, and has EDH nights two days a week. The other store has EDH two other nights also.

I have the same problem. My social anxiety is pretty bad. I just showed up, bought some neat things a couple of days a week to work up courage, and pre-pay for the draft whenever possible so I'm forced to show up. Trust me, it'll be worth it, most people are very nice. Maybe register for an EDH night or two.

Want to build Karador stax and I hate fucking artifact decks. What do I need besides Stony Silence and Null Rod?

You are one autistic motherfucker.

And you've literally never posted in one of these threads before, only-basic-lands-but-no-ramp guy.

Why not just go up to them and say "Hey I'm user. I'm pretty new to this game store/magic and would like to play some games." Don't be an autist.

I have definitely posted in these threads before, but I am new to the format which I never denied. There's ramp in the form of mana rocks and I said in the OP that I'm looking for suggestions for land but you're too autistic to actually read the post which explains why you look like a fucking retard right now.

So I have these decks made and ready to go. They were built on a budget and are not meant to be competitive or anything

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/extremely-rotten-flesh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/like-an-everflowing-stream/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dopesmoker/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-enchanted-dragon-of-wisdom/

My reason for posting is just to ask if I did an OK job and if anyone has any comments for me.

I have played a lot of Voltron decks and the only one I had success with as a creatureless deck has been Narset. Not putting creatures in the 99 makes things difficult for you since everyone will know how to disrupt you. Early on, you may not have enough resources to adequately protect Rafiq, and in bigger games, Rafiq becomes more vulnerable since you now have more people to worry about.

I'd say find at least 10 or so good creatures that can work with the Voltron strategy, or provide utility so that Rafiq is harder to fuck with.

>Look at me I'm a normie with no understanding of mental illness
Your flippant response is neither helpful nor needed.

Helm of the Gods would probably fit well in here

Also you need some nonbasics. Mana fixing is sorely needed

>Don't be an autist
I think you're lost. Do you know where you are?

Any suggestions for UW non basics?

You don't have a mental illness, you're just a pussy.
A Korean waifu image board for cardboard

>the more I say it, the more it will be true
Three rocks does not constitute as ramp. Statistically it will never happen enough to be significant. My point was also, if you lurked in these threads long enough, you'd know no one posts their full decklist on the image board, and if they do, they're extremely new. Go on, keep calling me autistic, doesn't change the fact that I can help you out, but am choosing not to because of your attitude.

>my attitude
You're the one with the attitude fuckwhit. All I did was post a decklist for the convenience of others and you literally have an autistic explosion because you don't like looking at too many letters. I've seen people post text lists here many times. You're just a fucking cunt desu, and I don't want your advice.

You should buy enlightened tutor instead of idylic tutor because its cheaper in both cash and mana now, plus its gets more and is an instant

>fuckwhit
I do believe it is "fuckwit", and you're sperging pretty hard yourself over a simple mistake instead of just apologizing then moving on. Also, like I said, only people who are extremely new post their full deck list because some sperg will inevitably call them out on it and then this exact chain of posts will happen.

Kataki

Ya'll need to either stop or take this argument elsewhere.

Hum of the Radix, Titania's Song

Temple of Enlightenment, basic things like Temple of the False God, Secluded Steppe, Command Tower, non basics that you can find in pre constructed decks

>Also, like I said, only people who are extremely new post their full deck list because some sperg will inevitably call them out on it
Keep saying it all you want, but now amount of damage control is going to make you look like less of an asshole.

You've got it all wrong by the way. I'm not sperging at all - I honestly couldn't give a shit about any perceived mistake you think I made or any advice you had that you now refuse to give because of some retarded sense of pride. I'm honestly just amazed at how offended you got over literally nothing. The bottom line is that you are the only person here who is making a big deal out of it or even cares at all, and your "this is a secret club and you're posting wrong because I'm better than you and I say so" mentality is honestly embarrassing and seriously cringe worthy.

Moving on.

You're definitely right. Good call.

>mfw swamps matter

>this guy who keeps replying to that one autistic user
He's an asshole, you're a self-righteous cunt who is clearly very new here. You're perfect for each other, just kiss and hate fuck already.

Go type up your list in notepad, photograph it on your phone in 3 2mb .png files and post it sideways, otherwise no one will help you.

>friends' current obsession is mill

They must never find out about Grindstone or Traumatize

See, I like Mind Sludge, but I don't know if it's cost effective. Usually by the time you drop it, if you're playing mono black, your opponent doesn't have enough cards to make it worth while. Mutilate on the other hand is some of the best removal available to monoblack, particularly if you're running fuckhuge demons.

What do you run, and what kind of decks does he run? Outside of infinite combos, it seems rather meh.

You know, you can have some artifacts and the deck still isn't artifact deck.
That said, Smokestack is good, as is Spike Weaver. Peacekeeper is a staple also.
>Dimir
Geralf's Masterpiece is pretty bad, but unless you're using him to feed reanimation or graveyard strategies, he's not doing much.
Siren of the Silent Song isn't really good either.
I would run Gisa and Geralf as a commander rather than Grimgrin, as you don't have many reanimation spells and they would help more with graveyard. I know Gravecrawler and Rooftop Storm goes infinite, but it's pretty telegraphed.
>Esper
Some of the cards can be swapped for better ones, like Ray of Dissolution. If you want lifegain, use at least Solemn Offering or Terashi's Grasp. Beacon of Immortality is not useful, since you aren't using Cradle of Vitality nor Well of Lost Dreams. Sinister Possession is useless, so is Covenant of Blood.
Don't just jam lifegain cards in decks because of lifegain, you don't even have many triggers for lifegain. It's a bad strategy just for sake of lifegain.
>Naya
You need more removal. Other than that, looks fine.
>Gruul
Dragon Grip, map the wastes, sarkhan's rage, draconic roar, destructor dragon, dragon egg, lightning shrieker, shivan dragon and whisperer of the wilds are bad cards.

There's good budget options to replace the cards I mentioned, but filthy phoneposter as I am, my battery is running empty and will post some suggested adds later if you want.

Stab the leader and take his place.

Let me guess, you run Zada or other goblin related shenanigans, don't you?

I can get around it, I just don't like playing against it

What card do you put into an unreasonable number of decks you build?

Oh, I wasn't saying it was unplayable, generally mill is weaker, but outside of pixis, most things are pretty manageable, especially when you start busting out G/B or W/B graveyard shenanigans. I had a friend who ran a phenax deck before I had recursion, and it pissed me off so much watching my good things hit the yard. Now, when I see someone playing mill, my eyes light up because I know I'm going to get something juicy in the yard that will totally fuck up their strategy.

I might be retarded, but i swear to Ugin I read an Eldrazi card with an effect to the tune of "When this card deal damage to a player, target player exiles the top 20 cards from their deck." which seems fucked but I can remember it so clearly.

Also, why isn't Karn Liberated a more popular Commander? Restarting the game over and over until you win seems like a foolproof gamble.

staff of nin is my signature card, unless the deck is blue or black

because he can't be a commander assface

That's pretty spicy user. I have a few that wind up in most decks:

>far wanderings
>dream cache
>explosive vegitation
>sage owl
>sword of the animist
>Ob Nixilis Unshackled

That would be this fun fella right here

>Also, why isn't Karn Liberated a more popular Commander?
Becase 95% of planeswalkers aren't legal as commanders. And who in their right mind would let Karn hit his ult?

New Ulamog exiles the top 20 on attack, not damage.

That's one of the big boys. I think it's OG Kozilek

Nvm i'm wrong

Karn is very good, but very expensive. He's a staple for a few deck types.

This is one of my all-time favorite cards- goes in damn near every deck I make

I swing for 2 damage, response?

Thanks! I figured the Uril deck could use some removal so I'll probably scrap some of the weaker enchantments in order to fit some in.

I see where you're coming from on the Oloro deck. It's always felt pretty odd and some of the cards do feel pointless or bad. Honestly I've been meaning to redo the whole thing from scratch but I'm just too lazy/unmotivated.

Deflecting Palm for the game.

Yo how fucking OLD is Karn

I scoop, turn 360 degrees, and walk away

>very expensive
No kidding. I have him on MTGO but axed him from my physical build because of his cost. Even i if I'm keeping Sword of Light and Dark, goddam.

Right. I gotta remember to add him to my deck, it's built for fatties and that's too good.

Old as balls

Mah nigga! Also I would look into dispeller's capsule and courier's capsule for Hanna. Depending on how much you want your table to hate you you can also throw in parallax wave and parallax tide

Well, depending on how you want your oloro to play like, I think that utilizing the lifegain is important and both Well of Lost Dreams and Cradle of Vitality (if you're running creatures) are auto-includes. Other than that, I would have Karlov in the 99 and maybe Ayli (again depending on creature count or token generation).
Necropotence is also auto-include, but that's pretty much not a budget card anymore, neither is Yawgmoth's Will.
I'd also add "cheap" cards like Test of Endurance, Felidar Sovereign and Serra Ascendant.
Oloro is easy to build, but for some reason it always seems like to me that if you want him to work, it's gonna need some good and maybe expensive cards. For some reason he doesn't seem to work as jank.

>signed

Enjoy your HP judge promo.

I love Investigate so much I'm seriously considering trying to build a deck that features it heavily. Probably Riku.

I do, very much! Thanks for the concern

OOO, this plus kuldotha forgemaster is amazing.

I think journal is actually a lot more powerful than most people think it is. It brings consistent card draw and tutors to colors that don't get that normally, and it is janky enough that it rarely draws agro. Also, it works really well with Maraxus of Keld, although there isn't a lot of investigate in mono red for you to work with.

Could you guys post your best Zirilan decks? I need some inspiration

I love it in monowhite because holy shit monowhite has no deck searching (except to retrieve plains).

It also does equipment and enchantments! Recently it has also gotten legendary creatures and planeswalkers too.

Change the name of the dragon deck. There are 4 enchantments in it, and the name is bothering me.

See, I run artifact based card draw in my W/x/x decks just to make sure I can cycle reasonably well. Also, white has some good cycle cards that are pretty nifty. Those lands that are both plains and card draw from the precon are awesome.

How do I play Bant without being a cancerous faggot? Meaning no Derevi

You can throw in a bunch of enchantments that buff things, and just run off-the-board fatties? Pretty much run g/w populate with extra card draw in b.

It's about the themesong not the cards my man

>mfw I only just realized why mana echoes is a staple in Sliver decks.
Fuck me. I'm trying to come up with some non-creature cards to add. So far I've got:
Coat of arms
Door of destinies
Masterwork plate armor
Prismatic omen
Mana echoes
Training grounds
Heart stone
Hivestone

Anything else?

A few options here:
Aphetto Dredging
Belbe's Portal
Call to the Kindred
Cavern of Souls
Collective Restraint
Coordinated Barrage
Cover of Darkness
Descendants' Path
Distant Melody
Harsh Mercy
Ashes of the Fallen
Conspiracy
Mutavault
Obelisk of Urd
Patriarch's Bidding
Riptide Replicator
Shared Animosity
Steely Resolve
Stoneforge Masterwork
Tribal Unity
Urza's Incubator
Volrath's Laboratory

Theme song? Did you say theme song?

Post your decks theme song.

>Maelstrom Wanderer telepathy and ordered card draw
Iqbal Jorgi - Momil Ramo
youtube.com/watch?v=SGT6R8P_rl4

>Ayli, No it can't be you, you're dead! No, you can't bury me, I'm alive!
Zombie Blood Nightmare - Gamma Bomb
youtube.com/watch?v=d47rb5HGaVo

>Meren removal, demons, and recurring board wipes
If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It - Austrian Death Machine
youtube.com/watch?v=37A3v2b7gyQ

>Brago Flicker Stax combo
Panama Peppers - Dosage
youtube.com/watch?v=dwdr489pUJQ

How many lands should I have? I've got 20 Mountains in there with 10-ish non-basics but in the last 2 of 5 game i fumbled fucking hard and got stuck with 5 fatties and no lands. Was it just bad luck? Also, I'm running a Golem tribal worth Eldrazi seasoning with cheap summon focus but obviously I need lands till i get the draws I need.

The basic rule is 40 lands. Personally, I run a shitload of tutors, ramps, dorks, rocks, and card draw so I tend to have 35, but with the new mulligan, any less is asking for trouble.

Monowhite has great deck searching for a monocolor

It can search for enchantments and artifacts and planeswalkers as well as more specific tutors

Red gets fucking nothing and green is creatures and land only

Blue is instant sorcery and artifact only usually, but it does have some special cards like intuition and long term plans

Grimgrin
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pTad4_clj-I

Meren
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ReqhO232HU8

Uril
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hIw7oeZKpZc

30 lands is way too little.

I'd say that 36-40 lands and around 6-8 mana rocks/dorks/acceleration spells should be the standard.

36-40 about. Also depends on the amount of mana rocks you run. I usually run about 15 total basic lands in tricolor, and about 22 in two color.

Ok, I'm a noob so, what are rocks and dorks?

Artifacts and creatures that tap for mana.

Mana rocks are artifacts that tap for mana, like Sol Ring.

Mana dorks are creatures that tap for mana, like Llanowar Elves.

Maga, Traitor to Mortals hyper ramp:
PERTURBATOR - Humans Are Such Easy Prey
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8DekFFCE5c

Patron of the Moon landfall:
Mystery Skulls - Forever
youtube.com/watch?v=A288rRYeKPk

Chisei, Heart of Oceans counter fuckery:
Mystery Skulls - Fake
youtube.com/watch?v=p_5fniqq7fs

Mannichi, the Fevered Dream power-2-or-less-matters pillowfort:
Starset - It Has Begun
youtube.com/watch?v=XZp3Mtn-YsI