Super powered character rejected from hero league because reasons

Super powered character rejected from hero league because reasons.

tries to be a super hero anyways without a permit.

Superheroes confront him and cause situation that hurts people and causes mayhem.

Super guy is imprisoned. Later, during a revolving door breakout scene, everyone escapes including him.

Decides to be a superhero for the bad guys who busted him out. Now goes around saving super villains in over their heads. (within reason, doesn't help obvious psychopathic murderers.)

He does this JUST to be an asshole and hopes to make friends with villains since he has no one and is considered a villain anyways.

Ends up forming a huge meta- crime network since villains would prefer working for a boss who cares about them and has their back. So long as they don't betray him or do super evil shit.

Is this kind of plausible or does it sound stupid?

Other urls found in this thread:

cityofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Frostfire
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If it's meant to have a fair dose of humor with going Deadpool tier, yeah it works.

If it's trying to be serious, it's Rob Liefield at Image tier stupid.

Without, not with

Depends on how powerful of guy he is. I think you'll find that when someone reaches a certain level of Fuck Your Shit whatever they want to happen becomes plausible.

>Is this kind of plausible or does it sound stupid?
Depends on the age of the superhero in question. If it's some teenager who just stumbled his way into the Big League, then yeah... I can see him being that petty.

low to mid 20s.

probably superman tier but in a world where the hero league probably has like seven similar leveled people.

Pretty plausible. Kinda B-/Ci-list supervillain. With a neat surprise of power level for anybody that actually goes knocking on him.

The age sort of works, but I'd think that would be more of "the age it all began" and by the time they're the head of the crime network it's been like ten plus years so now they're legitimately experienced and all that.

Plus, for the player hero team, something they could do is track down a lot of the old heroes who kept dismissing and pushing the younger hero away and try to learn if they feel any remorse for pushing someone into villainy.

question is: what is this super power that makes them suck as a hero but effective as a villain?

Osteokinesis?

Depressomancy?

Parking Meter timeout detection up to 5km squared radius?

It's probably not his power but his methodology that makes him suck as a "hero" and gets assaulted by the wider superhero community. Ie he doesn't follow the no kill rule or he's overly blood thirsty or way too pragmatic

>Supers
>Plausible
Just kill yourself already

>he goes around refilling time on parking meters for villains while they shop.

The Fiend!

>What is Suspension of disbelief
>What is Context

>Playing supers
>Expecting to be treated as anything else than retard

Their power is to empower things. himself, objects, other peoples powers. other people in general. He can also reverse the effects if he chooses too.

well he tried out for super hero league when he was a teen, then spent 6-7 years as a teen to mid twenties in jail, then became this crime figure over a matter of a year or so.

That's not a cogent response, so I'm assuming you're done.

I'd read it because it sounds hilarious. Would anyone else? Consider this: The Undersiders, who do horrible, horrible things for money and bad reasons. And yet because of their association with Skitter they get the cloak of protag morality too. Write it well and everyone will be super-sympathetic.

Interesting. That would make him a prime target for every other supervillain organization to try and make work for them.

So, why did he get rejected from the goodguys incorporated?

Because at the time, his power was not strong enough to do to much and had no appearance that it would grow and because he couldn't get any of the older heroes to sponsor him.

There was a kind of nepotism where sidekicks of prominent heroes were shown favoritism.

then he got into trouble and as he grew so did his power.

Arright then, so its kind of ruined record deal.

How asshole do you want your Heroes Inc. to be?
(For example of some quite deep asshollery in you can check out www.goodreads.com/book/show/11334430-confessions-of-a-d-list-supervillain this nice book)

Oh yeah, you can also have an event in which he, after getting out of prison, runs into a super brawl on the street and buffs up one of the participants. Turns out, he buffed the villain in the fight, cementing his position.

"Shop"

>Osteokinesis
It was good in Worm.

Dang, and I thought I had an original idea.

But I suppose there is nothing new in heaven or earth.

some good, some bad... like realisiticly a cop organization. You got the good the dick and the criminal.

Definitely nothing that straightforward. If it makes you feel better, he's a pretty nice guy. Villain, sure, but honorable, and a good father.

There was also guy in Naruto too. Pushed it pretty far too.

>

The ability to redirect kinetic force.

i.e. if he falls off a building he can redirect the impact back into the ground and effeectivly neutralize the damage or store up "charges" like taking the kinectic energy of a bullet and hitting something with the same force.

This doesn't make him invulnerable though as I imagine there would be a limit threshold (i.e. takng a full on punch from !superman for example)

I seen that guy, thought he only did shit with his own bones.

Can he say, rip your skeleton out of your body and make it do a spooky/silly dance?

No, his powers only extend to his own bones at it's a Kekkei Genkai from his clan (which no longer exists) and while he's powerful he's gimped by the fact that he has a crippling illness that is killing him.

>It was good in Worm.
Nothing in worm was good.

>Nothing in worm was good
Do you mean the choices characters made or the Web serial as a whole?

Either way, what a shitty opinion.

>likes babby's first grimwank supers
>calls other peoples' opinions shit
That's cute

>likes babby's first grinwank supers
Yup. Gonna get a copy of The Boys next.
>calls other people's opinions shit
Shitty opinions aren't cute. It's fucking annoying and I'm a part of the problem.

Real talk, did your finish Worm? Where did you stop liking it and why is it the burning building?

Ah, less Osteokinesis then, and more "Look what I can do with my arm!" (you have a friend like that right?) x 100

If that's baby's first, what's a good grimwank super story then?

I sorta liked the early run of "The Boys" my interest petered out later on but there are some good issues.

The arc with the retired Soviet superhero is pretty good.

Looks like edgy shit to be quite honest with you.

Then I'm sure it's perfect for a worm fan.

In a sense you're quite right.

But it is ahead of most of it;s peers in wit and production value, and frankly that's what we want from pulp entertainment.

Go look at some Norman Rockwell paintings or summat.

Plausible, thought that sounds pretty edgy, I vote for teenager, when he gets imprisioned, so he mentally stays in that state of edginess must get my revenge take that heroes

So Kevin Bacon in X-men First Class?

Was that his power? I never watched the movie (or had any desire to, I think all the x men movies were dumb but that's just me)

Yup. He basically ate up kinetic energy and released it whenever he wanted

A full punch of superman isn't full kinetic force though. The punch, as it moves generates friction which turns the atmosphere around you into heat air, probably around 6000 ÂșC, so even if you can absorb the kinetic force of the punch when it hits you, you're now essentially ashes.

And I say Superman but Flash also counts, or any strong character like Clark, see Hulk, MM, Sentry, Thor, etc.

Except he more or less made it into raw strength

My question is: What possible reason could the super hero group have for rejecting him? All saying no outright does is mean there's a super human out there who now has a reason to be bitter towards them. Are they supposed to lack foresight? Or are there several super hero teams and the rejection was more "you don't mesh with us, good luck try somewhere else"?

there is only one superhero team sanctioned by the majority of nations to operate.

Everyone else is concerned a vigilante and is doing so illegally and will have the full weight of the law against them.

so since superhero team that is sanction wants to stay in good standing, they can only allow the most powerful and presentable to the general public to maintain good press, or have their sanction removed.

You mean Ennis's "Everyone has orgies with shit" shitshow?

That seems ridiculous to me. What do they expect everyone they turn down to do? Just not use their super powers? Like at the very least they could have B, C, D, etc teams that do the low key jobs, hell maybe even just ship them off to some foreign base to keep the peace somewhere media won't really be around. Just so they can have tabs on all of the super humans who want to be doing good. I don't mean to pick apart your setting, but to me just saying "no you make us look bad" to a super human and thinking everyone who gets rejected will be okay with it and go live a normal life is a little farfetched.

Sounds alright, but it'd work best if his superpower was not this:

You know what would work great? Teleportation / Gate powers. Maybe he can travel anywhere he's been before, or maybe he can make any door he opens connect to any other door he's ever opened. Maybe it takes him a minute to establish the gate or warp in/out, so he can't use it quickly enough to matter in combat, but if he stays in his home base and opens it from there he can link it to anyone who's in trouble.

You can further set up the superhero league as being corrupt, petty, or selfish to make his heel turn more relatable. Maybe these super-criminals he works with steal from megacorps (or other super-villain organizations) and put the wealth to better use. Not exactly Robin Hood, they'd certainly keep a good chunk of it, but I don't think anybody's going to complain if you steal twenty million dollars from Doctor Doom's private safe and then give a million or two to cancer research. I mean, Doom will mind but hey, he was probably planning on crushing you all eventually anyway.

Oh man, right in the feels
Remember that ice-ramp?
>cityofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Frostfire

The only bad thing even remotely related to worm is your taste.

well. To be fair most people with powers CAN use their powers. Commercially under strict supervision.

Super Speed Delivery. Telekinetic pizza making.

>Worm is edgy, but the boys isn't
Is there something actually wrong with you? Like, do you have an actual serious medical condition that's fucked your brain?

Ah I see, that makes more sense

Flash doesn't count for your example, he negates friction and shiet. If he stops, he'll fry himself too.

bummp

I always find lex luthor types to be the guys to head a super crime organization and make it work.

Nah, you're thinking of "Crossed".

"The Boys" is Ennis acting under restraint.

I'd also suggest Soon I will be invincible. It switches between the pov of a seasoned super villian and rookie hero joining a superhero league and may give you some inspiration.

It could work.

They would need an overall goal or something to work towards.

Imposing standards on super villains and getting them tax breaks is just maintaining the status quo. It is the hum drum day to day and there fore boring after a while.

The overall goal could be to find the shittiest nations on Earth, North Korea or Somalia or some such, and amass an army of mercenary supervillains to take it over and run it properly.

So Speedball?

Actually, it's quite well done.

Twenties are the new teens anyway.