Connected to Olympicom...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: →
>Gold_Medal_Match_Azerbaijan_vs_Ethiopia.trid
>Front_Row_Beach_Vollyball.sim
>Water_Polo_And_Other_Fake_Sports.sklchp
>Delta_Wins_Medals.pdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 2012 (88% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Break His Kneecaps'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running NiceSet.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Watch the Olympics with me, anons. Last time Bolt will be in them, the Medal heat for 100m starts in half an hour or so. And for SR's sake, what do you think their time is? How fast can you go? How fast do you think they can go, keeping it 'natural' (no wear, just advances in sports medicine and hiding doping)? Are they under 9 seconds? Under 8?

Other urls found in this thread:

shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Lone_Star_security_ratings
drivethrurpg.com/product/2768/Shadowrun-Sprawl-Sites
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So somehow I managed to procure 5 notoriety by the end of chargen (4e). Just how fucked am I?

They include the cost

Negotiating your way into a delta clinic is an excellent run reward, as other anons mentioned. It can also be outside the run, if the player is willing to drop money to get in.

I'd also recommend to them that they save up and get a few pieces in/upgraded; you only get into a deltaware clinic once in a lifetime, if you're lucky and have powerful friends. Might as well take advantage of it. Get some betaware if they can't afford full delta.

Is it just me or is iron will just a shittier spell resistance? +1 die on mind altering effects vs. +1 on every spell including mind altering effects seems pretty obvious on which to go with.

Howdy,

The Mob War and Underworld sourcebook are corrupt...

You're scum, but you're far from fucked.

They wouldn't be mob if they were straight shooters, of course it's corrupt.

Depends on what role you have. Please tell me you aren't the Face.

Also
Does anyone have that pic of a jet and a dragon fighting in a city? I remember the dragon being followed by the jet and the perspective is from another rooftop

Is it this one?

I think no, the dragon was tailed by a fighter jet

Still thank you omae.

Then this one? I've got lots of dragons in cities and dragons fighting jets.

>Please tell me you aren't the Face.
I'm the street samurai.

Do you want people to think you eat babies? Because that's how you get people to think you eat babies.

They just have to recognise you first, or get your name dropped in conversation. How's your Public Awareness?

Public awareness is at 1, but as soon as I get 5 Karma, that's going to go up to 2.

Is what I have giving me all of that stuff. It's a cool +5 to Intimidate and any other negative social interaction, but that's also -5 to anything positive. Real double edged sword, but I don't want people to instantly not want to work with my character because they were in My Lai or something.

still not it, still feeling very grateful for your help

AFAIR it was one dragon and one jet

How about one dragon, two jets, no city?

we're getting closer, warmer, Warmer
OH SHIT IT'S HEAT SEEKING

still not it but I kinda feel like overstretching my welcome here
and still very grateful for your help

I've got too many dragon pictures, one of them has to be right.

I think the dragon was approximately the size of the jet
also they were pretty close together

/srg/ - Sirrurg General

How do cameras work in the 5th world?
As in, are they automatic? Do they have an AI or program automatically looking at everyone they see to check if they should be there at all? Or are they all connected to a security room manned by a (likely bored) guard on shit payment who just wants to have a wank in peace while wasting the day away? (which is in my experience how security guards in non-military places behave)

Basically, are they video game cameras (be caught on one and alarm goes off) or real life cameras (you could make a sneak check and the guard looking trough the camera might not even notice you)?

>5th world
meant 6th world

Same size? What kind of pussy dragon is that?

I imagine there are simple monitoring programs, or sub-systems. So you have the security guard/spider watching a set of cameras that jump around at random, but if one detects a 'change' (an object moved, or shouldn't be there) it brings it to the forefront

Depends. Some cameras are most likely just be manned with a Agent looking for events (A fight, murder, vandalism, etc) which is going to send an alarm, with the recordings being saved somewhere else.
Some however might be used by spiders to monitor the area being observed so he knows where the intruders are and direct the security/oppose the intruders

It depends on where you are basically

I go with the second most times, but with some other sensors attached. If the facility is high-security, cameras might have run some analysis and message relevant personnel.

Also this, to some extent.

I didn't say it was a Great Dragon, just a dragon

Most cameras are still just dumb CCTV systems recording footage for later use, rather than something actively monitored, just like in the present day.

since I'm the GM it basically depends on what I feel is more appropriate to the area then
Cool, that helps me a bit.

How common are cameras on an arcology like the one on seattle? How about on the streets? Is shadowrun going full big brother shit?
I run on seattle by the way.

Depends strongly on the area in question.

shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Lone_Star_security_ratings

Fuck it. This is your dragon now.

That's honestly the most helpful page I've seen on the wiki, thanks for linking me to it

>on an arcology
maybe at the bottom filming the entrance and higher up watching the skies
>IN an arcology
most passages, plazas and big area. The owners usually want everybody there to be safe from the "big, evul shadowrunners" (being able to monitor their activities doesn't hurt either.) Expect to have minimal privacy
>Streets
As said: It depends on the area. An AAA-Area is going to be chock full of cameras and guards, while in the barrens cameras have a half-life of a few hours-a few days

>big brother shit
Yes and no.
Yes, you are constantly monitored and the amount of data that's collected is astounding.
No, they can't do shit with that cause everybody has a small subset of the data and thus can't really do that much with it.
It's why you can usually lose your trail by going through a Stuffer Shack.

thanks for the info chummer

>Only if pursuing an investigation will the Star enter the Z-Zone, and when they do they are prepared for war. The standard force is a minimum of three Citymasters (twenty-five officers in full armor) with air support from armored helicopters; one rigger per vehicle handling the weapon mounts and one extra rigger maintaining drone coverage; at least five combat mages and one combat decker maintaining communication with headquarters at all times; and three elite officers running the show — one coordinating the mages, one in the air and one dealing with the troops on the ground.
>5 combat mages
I kinda want to have these guys rolling up somewhere close to where the runners hang out just to show them the power of big corporations. They haven't been taking the security corps seriously lately

>citymasters
Are those just roadmasters with some upgrades?

Yeah they are. There used to be stats for Citymasters, I don't think they've done them up in SR5 yet. Just give a Roadmaster some obvious armour, a turret, and maybe some engine work and you're there.

Looks like it was taken from either 1e Sprawl Sites, or 1e Lone Star.

>"City"master
>Tracked
I fucking think not

that's because you have never seen a Z-Zone chummer

I have a question for you Chummers. Can love bloom? Even during a run?

>I'll take "What is a Watcher" for fifty bucks!"

Also 1% is still 1 per 100 employees. Considering a single Mage can have like at least 4 spirits and a bunch of Watchers, including fucking students, Astral Patrols should be stupidly common and mandatory since only magic can counter magic.

At the very, very least having filter Barriers.

What would be rarer are aspected/domain background counts outside of Wuxing and Shiawase.

You can't turn off spell resistance, even for Heal.

As a technomancer what can I spend all my hard earned Nuyen on without jeopardizing my essence?

Don't say a cyberdeck.

A... Commlink?

Probably pimping some drones for your inevitable VCR Immersion.

grenades and semi-automatic grenade launchers

>filter Barriers
Hmm.
Couldn't the mages just set wards in all the Hallways that detect mages? They could make like 2/3 per hallway that alert the mages. They could then send a spirit or ask the spider who is in the hallway for confirmation. Mundanes however wouldn't trip them

That's 2E.

3E had the security rating info in the core book IIRC.

They're mentioned in 4E but they didn't have rules I think.

W and Z zones are still mentioned in 5E.

A car. DocWagon Platinum. High lifestyle. Kickass armour and suits with all kinds of hidden mods like nonconductivity and fire resistance.retirement

That's a lot of fucking hallways. Even if you just did it at the doors at ground level, for an office building that's still upwards of 10-15 wards.

Alarm Barriers would be triggered by spells, powers, foci, and other dual-natured things, but I don't think just being awakened is enough to trigger per se.

A building with a security Mage can have doorways blocked by physical barriers that he decides who can go in or out however.

Not for you, omae.

>1 per 100 employees
>a single Mage
Again, 1 in 100 people is Awakened, but full-blown magicians are much, much rarer than 1 in 100. Awakened vs. not-Awakened is an extremely low bar which, despite that, 99% of people still don't meet.

Astral threats are a rare issue, employees capable of astral-perceiving are a rare resource, and they're not going to spend that resource on pissant security guarding when they have entirely more useful things to dedicate their magical workforce towards.

You can set up a Rating 8 cyberware scanner anywhere for 800 nuyen, mass produced - or a rating 1 one for 100 nuyen, and they detect a wildly, massively larger range of potential issues than dedicating your magical resources to security checkpoints ever will.

I'm not saying magical security doesn't exist. It obviously does, in extra-secure locations.

What I am saying, though, is that it's orders of magnitude rarer, because it's orders of magnitude less expensive, because it's orders of magnitude less urgently useful, and it only becomes useful and necessary when protecting somewhere that demands a certain level of extra security because whatever you're protecting is valuable enough to start attracting that magical kind of threat.

>Don't say a cyberdeck.
A cyberdeck actually is a really good choice, though. You can still compile sprites and do other technomancery shit, but with the added benefits that a deck provides. You don't even need a datajack.

So are there any books set in, or information about, what it's like in the Rio Paulo/de Janeiro sprawl? It's a fucking disaster with a huge gap between rich and poor /now/, I imagine playing a Shadowrun game set there would be fun as hell

Yes you can. The description specifically says you can choose which spells effect you.

Yes but a single Mage, even a student, can spend 30 minutes a day to Astral protect at least 5 entire compounds. Spirits and Watchers are stupidly effective and easy to use. 5 Mages doing double-duty can do overwatch for the entirety of a megacorps' assets in a sprawl, and they can be anywhere in the world.

>That's 2E
Lonestar is 2e.

>Sprawl Sites is a sourcebook for Shadowrun, First Edition
drivethrurpg.com/product/2768/Shadowrun-Sprawl-Sites

Sprawl Sites has the original sprawl law info; referencing weapon types (small blades to military hardware) with offences (possession to intent), fines and jail times (100¥ to 20 years), then covering what law enforcement is maintained in which neighbourhoods. (AAA = heavy enforcement/all , AA = light/pistols & knives + heavy on everything else, etc down to E neighbourhoods where you virtually have to shoot someone with an automatic for cops to take notice, then Z/anarchy/barrens)

You're thinking of magic resistance. Spell resistance is an adept power.
The only saving grace for Iron Will is that it affects ALL attempts to magically influence your mind, while Spell Resistance doesn't work against critter powers aside from Innate Spell.

You bet. Nothing brings people closer together like dodging the law.
Pick your best chummer and touch butts while you can.

Do you guys think I could flesh out a used-up astronaut as a viable character?
Big bonuses if it's possible to keep the whole space suit look.

I think at any time, any place, people can fall in love with each-other, omae.

Especially if your fetish is ork or troll girls.They want it just as bad as you.

There are space suits you can buy, some of them are even armored.

Troll girls want it bad you say?

Everyone needs love. Trolls have a 100% increase in love needs compared to other metatypes.

How many of them are willing to undergo metatype reduction and biosculpting to secure a steady supply of vitamin D?

I want to fug her

See, my technomancer participates in a ride sharing app called "I can just hack a car when I need one and then leave it somewhere when I'm ready for the owner to have it back"

Does he at least charge the battery/fill the tank? If he doesn't that's pretty high on the dick move list.

trolls are best, forget all the rest.

>yfw some people actually want to fuck something that smells like a garbage dumpster had a family of raccoons piss all over it.

>perfume and deodorant doesn't exist

/humanis/ go and stay go.

Too bad they still look like mutants otherwise.

God I miss early editions. The institutionalized racism made sense when Trolls looked like that.

Depends.

If I just need it for a really short time I might not top it off just so that I can get it back before its even missed.

Way I figure it's less annoying to wonder why your tank is a bit emptier than you thought it was than it is to file a report about your missing car. Not that I can't just have machine sprites return it (spoof the ID, obviously, so the trail doesn't go anywhere), I'm just a bit too lazy to do that.

Why did you just post a picture of an american?

>metatype reduction
>biosculpting

You'd be surprised what a little(or a lot)of cosmetic surgery can accomplish. Hell, we've got guys walking around with horsedicks that ejaculate chocolate syrup. What a time to be alive!

A tricked out Ares Alpha and smartlinked goggles.

Then you get your Machine Sprite to Diagnostics it for you for maximum awesome.

>"...and occasionally exhibit dermal bone deposition..."
>occasionally
>example looks like John Madden fucked an ent

I'll take my trolls looking like people, thank you.

>Wanting trolls to look like people so you can have waifus
No thanks, OG lore or bust

Your character, man. Make them stank and knurled like grandpa's chair if you want.

This man knows what's up. For just under two thousand nuyen you can have goggles that include:

1. Image link
2. Smart link
3. Flare reduction
4. Low light vision
5. Thermal vision
6. Enhanced vision

That's what I'm running on my technomancer right now and I fucking love those things.

Found it in 5E, core p.356

>When the Hulkster is your Wise Warrior mentor spirit

isn't hacking a car really hard in 5e?
or is that just for deckers?

>chocolate syrup
I'm pretty sure taking chocolate syrup up your ass might kill you
or is that just alcohol?

Must experiment further

If that's what mino bio-sculpting does, what does major-bioscupting and that cyberware equivalent do?

Choco dick is intended expressly for giving your significant other a brown shower. The makers of choco dick cannot be held responsible for injury resulting from improper use of choco dick. Choco Dick, a liability limited corporation.

I thought you can't do resonance actions with a deck.

Minor is defined as anything that will not make you unrecognizable to those that know you. Major biosculpting is I pissed off the wrong people and need to disappear territory.

Actually running 4th so I'm not sure.

New suggestion: double check whether or not what I say is a good idea in the edition that you're playing before you do it.

Has anyone tried to make Transmit Damage work? That seems fun as hell for someone with a big ass unarmed dice pool to split attacks with.

This is a whole new level of guy, I would not cut a deal with.

You can't... If you're running your personal a through your Deck.

You can, however, use already compiled sprites.

Or run the deck with agents like it's yet more sprites.

The Radio Shack cheapie is not even Restricted.

Yeah, if law enforcement can't even enter without being prepared to throw down, no road-maintenance or cleanup crews can enter either.
Would probably create a gang subculture, where respect is measured in the number of orange overalls stained with blood you collected.

Remind me again. Can a sprite increase the performance of a deck? I swear a Machine Sprite with Diagnosis can supercharge a cheap deck would be retardedly silly, and powerful.

Actual space suits will fail through constant use unless properly maintained. Probably better to go with something like a space suit instead.

Not with a Sprite (well, Diagnostic is just a Teamwork, so you could Teamwork with Sprites/Agents anyway), but if you can find a way to sustain the Improve Matrix Attribute complex forms, you could.

You mean diving suit?

I don't get it.

Get 3 marks
You can now perform any action on the vehicle via control device so long as
A) There is no jumped in rigger as they have priority control over everything
B) Manual override (if installed) has not been activated

Stealing a vehicle isn't hard, keeping it is the tricky part
SR5 Core 237
You can illegally change a device’s owner with a Hardware toolkit and an Extended Hardware + Logic [Mental] (24, 1 hour) test. A glitch on that test results in the item sending a report to the authorities.

The main problem is that to keep your marks you have to keep your deck online, and thus getting more and more overwatch score. Since overwatch accumulates by the round, you're eventually gonna have to reboot the deck or get fucked.

so trying to use it to go somewhere might be a problem, but using it to ram people should be fine.

For a Techno the easy way around that is Cleaner. A low level Cleaner every dozen or so turns and you'll get rid of that 2d6 per 15 min increase and that OS you got hacking a low to mid level device and pilot setup easy. Non-techo should run Baby Monitor and reboot when the OS gets close to 30.

The hard way is eat Puppeteer's 1 Edge, 4 Fading cost and get handed the marks, but if you're doing that you're either showing off or in really dire straits.