When I got this assignment, I was hoping there would be more Fallout threads

When I got this assignment, I was hoping there would be more Fallout threads

To start, here's my personal favorite of all the systems I've seen. I think it does the best job of capturing the flavor of the games, without porting all the stuff that really, really doesn't work in a tabletop RPG

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/gipdkxv2uj2t9q4/Fallout_d20_Rules.pdf
savagefallout.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Then you have this one, a 1:1 recreation of the system from the games as an RPG, including all the stuff that doesn't work in real life (calculating damage reduction and resistances as a percentage, arcane to-hit calculations) and stuff that never worked in the original game (Useless and redundant skills, Agility being the god stat because it gave you more AP).

Veeky Forums's sourcebook: Fallout Louisiana

Contrary to popular belief, the original Fallout's system isn't based on GURPS, most of that was removed during development after the split with SJ Games and the final product is, if anything closer to BRP

That clearly didn't stop anyone from writing rules for it, though

Fallout D20!

I know next to nothing about this one, it's the first PDF when you find you google 'fallout d20' but if I remember correctly there was another one by Glutton Creeper that got gassed when they lost the license

Forgot the link, it's too big to post as a pdf

mediafire.com/download/gipdkxv2uj2t9q4/Fallout_d20_Rules.pdf

Yup, here it is

They had to refluff it as their own setting

Cool shit OP
I've been thinking of doing a Fallout inspired game for a while so this shit could prove useful

Love Fallout. I'll dump art until I get tired of doing so to help you get more attention. Currently running a game set in Texas that's basically me trying to make a more lore-friendly combination of bits of Van Buren and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

I actually posted this thread because I'm running a game set in Arizona that combines plot elements from Van Buren and Fallout: Tactics using a system I made myself with pieces from NV and the original games

What rules are you using?

Savage Worlds my dude. Some guys on blogspot made a conversion for it. savagefallout.blogspot.com/

Bump

This makes me with Caesar's Legion wasn't so shit.

Here's the notes for the rules I'm using right now. Featuring the skill list from New Vegas and stat calculations from Fallout 1 and 2, as well as a few of my own.

The game itself is a standard D100 roll under. For skill checks, if your skill is at a certain threshold or above you succeed automatically, otherwise you have to roll. Rolling below your Luck is a critical success.

For the purpose of combat I eliminated action points because they made Agility the god stat and made melee basically useless. Instead, you take your skill with whatever weapon type you're using and divide it by the weapon's 'attack cost' and discard the remainder to get how many attacks you can have that turn. A quick hand to hand strike has a cost of 15, meaning with an unarmed skill of 60 you can string together combos. Meanwhile bolt action rifles cost 30, meaning with the same weapon skill you can get off a couple shots. Burst fire costs more but gives you multiple shots per attack.

Lots of the game is still handled by handwaving and GM fiat, but it's slowly growing more and more complete as the campaign goes on.

And perks

And items

Is this based on something? It's pretty good.

>intelligent deathclaws as a player race

It isn't a hack of an existing system, but it's got bits and pieces of several other games in it

The 'blackjack' mechanic for opposed tests (whoever rolls higher without going over their skill wins) is based on Eclipse Phase, as is spending the game's metacurrency to 'flip' the results of percentile dice on a roll

The calculations are mostly taken from the classic Fallout games, and a few from New Vegas

The Karma system I took from

I hate to say it, but it's canon

Hey, anyone here looking to run a Savage Worlds game? Kinda loosely Post Apoc? I had an idea to do this

I counted all the skeletons in fallout once, then i counted the feral ghouls. I did this for 3, NV and 4.

Why?

Canon that deserves cannons

Nice try, Avellone

They were a tribe of deathclaws experimented upon by the enclave, right? The escaped ones went out and propagated sure, but its not like theres a ton of the damn things everywhere.

Was wondering how many people died

How many died?

Alot

In DC, about 500 skeletons and as many ghouls, In point lookout a little over 40, same for pittsburgh but i did not count troglodytes.
In New Vegas most dead were in vaults, it added up to around 75 for vault 34 , 42 for vault 11 and 21 for vault 22 excluding those who left the vault, plus about 30 in various caves, about 10 in buildings and about 20 ghouls at rep conn HQ as well as the same number at the radioactive hotel + the nuclear grounds. 20 ish in zion, 50 ish in OWB, same for lonesome road.
Am still doing Boston but its looking to be around 1,200.
Totals at around 2,618 so far

The New Plague must've been serious shit. That or else gameplay/story segregation.

I bet you don't want players making Super - mutant characters either. Or ghouls. Or synthetics. Or Dogs.
Fuck, why not just say "screw it" and go play a Mad Max campaign instead? Then everybody has to play some variety of human by default!

I don't mind Ghouls, I don't like synths because I think they're out of character for Fallout (I like my robots big, shiny, and warning Will Robinson about danger), I could see a super mutant in the right hands but I wouldn't make it open season on them, and a dog PC would be hilarious and absolutely encouraged.

I just have a bad history with people who want to play horrific monsters, but insist that they can do the same things any other character can do.

Probably, i haven't included survivors both from the non failed vaults (101, 112, 83), those who have left vaults (19+21+3) and those whose ancestors must have been elsewhere, the hillbillies in lookout (idk), general wastelanders/ settlers (around 100 in 3, NV (350) + up to 600 in 4.
super mutants (200-350 ish in 3+4, about 40 in NV).
raiders (400/450/400 ish in 3+4, 200 ish in NV)
Nor have i included the enclave (375 in F03) or the brotherhood (200 ish in F03 if outcast patrols are included , nearing 50 in NV if patrols+dead are included, and around 100 in 4.
This adds about 3,900.

About that "under construction" section: I got a few perks from my game that might interest you.
--Fixer-Upper: Machines and electronics you repair work better than they did before.
--Bob and Weave: If you're unarmed and fighting a single unarmed opponent, you can forgo normal dodge chance in favor of making an Unarmed check to parry your attacker.
--Ghost: You are considered invisible when camouflaged or in dark lighting.
--Jury Rigging: Roll at a penalty when trying to repair a machine to fix it without using spare parts.
--Natural Leader: You get a small bonus to your dodge chance for every ally within 10' of you, and people who don't have a reason to normally respect your word more.
--Pip-Remote: Pip-Boys or similar home made devices can be used to interact with the kernel of a single computer or robot within 15'.
--Diplomat: Anyone you attempt to persuade with speech is considered to be of at worst neutral disposition, regardless of circumstances.
--Scientific Focus: You get a small bonus to Science checks involving a specific discipline, e.g. mechanics, botany, computer science, etc.
--Don't Eat That!: You are much better at recognizing poisonous plants and animals.
--Hard Sell: You can get away with normally unreasonable offers to buy or starting prices to sell.
--Call of the Wild: You can almost perfectly mimic sounds made by a few different animals.

>insist they can do the same things any other character can do
Ah, so it's a problem with the players then. An intelligent Deathclaw should be played like an intelligent deathclaw- not banned from entering civilization, because as long as they keep covered up like the source guy wastelanders will ignore them, since they've seen stranger shit in the wastes, but the ability to tear through most stuff with your claws comes at the cost of intense charisma-speech pentalties, and generally having to rely on the rest of the party for most interactions with normal npc's.

I'm about to run a game set in my own rendition of the bay area with the rulebook in the pic. San Jose and the silicon valley have become Tech Raider havens, and San Francisco is made up of feudal arcologies. Oakland is infested with super mutants who may or may not be friendly, and Sacramento is a glowing crater. Nothing there is friendly.

Bumping from my phone so I can reply to a bunch of posts when I get back to my computer

I added deathclaws because I promised one of the players that if I ever ran a Fallout campaign I'd let him be one. He's the retarded descendant of a Vault 13 deathclaw and a wild deathclaw, periodically he'll make Intelligence checks to avoid doing things like eating people he kills or running on all fours like an animal. Mechanically it's a little like rolling a Troll Monk in DCSS. He's the tiniest bit overpowered for the threats the party is facing at the moment, but once everyone's fighting with automatic weapons and lasers he'll probably fall behind, since aside from good melee damage output (along with savage piledrivers and other grappling techniques) and a big health pool there isn't much more he can bring to a fight.

Maple?

Doing god's work OP. Damn fine.

Some of them seem a little too specific, but I can always use more perks for things outside of combat.

Valid point, shame it's the whole point of introducing synths. No-one gave a shit about robots that clearly were either 1. fully sentient and capable of feeling distress or 2. the product of a very twisted programmer when they were all big and metal.
Suddenly you give them an actual face and everyone starts freaking out.

It does a lot of things the way I want them done, I like it.

I'm starting a Fallout game set in Detroit this Friday, testing my own generic system. Made some tokens to track wounds / impairments / willpower.

I also made a radio station complete with a DJ, but it's in russian, since that's what we speak.

It didn't stop SJGames eventually writing about it either...

Well, not quite. After the End is a generic multi-apocalypse line, but it ticks almost all of the boxes.

Very nice looking. Did you paint the caps and write the logo after?

Thanks. No, I printed them out using a template. Had to re-do the logo vector, since all I found were in low resolution.

Basically, you print, cut, glue and weather.

>they've seen stranger shit in the wastes

Have they? I mean, Deathclaws are huge and skinny, with legs that bend the wrong way, it's a very distinctive shape. Even swaddled in cloaks, they'd look pretty damn strange. I can see something like that being tolerated as something that stays with the Brahmin cart outside the settlement, but not let into the heart of the place to walk around with their muzzle sticking out from under the hood.

Goris mentions that people would shoot Deathclaws on sight, which is reasonable. In a video game there's limits as to how he can be discovered, but in a PnP game there's an endless number of situations to which a Deathclaw, no matter how intelligent, is unsuited to even exist. And as soon as the cover's blown, that's it; either you need to have people start accepting the Deathclaw, you kill the Deathclaw/every witness, or for the rest of the campaign the party should be stigmatized as 'those people who hang out with a Deathclaw, don't want that near my family.'

my god that looks horrible