How would a monk go about founding his own monastery?

How would a monk go about founding his own monastery?

Guilt people into donating.
Guilt workers into working.

Put up a barn and a shack and start farming the fields.

Build a wooden church then hope more people come to join you. When you've got a community, start collecting donations from pilgrims to build a bigger church and keep building. Sell what you make and invest the profits in church stuff.

1. Be part of organized religion
2. Get land, possibly in an area untouched by your religion
3. ask church for the permission and resources to make a monastery or mission.

Kill lots of people until you get famous. Kill some more to be on the safe side.
Get the king to grant you land, build a monastery and attract students with your fame.

Buying land

>if you build it they will come

this is a guess but, assuming they don't have the money to pay for it, they probably had a rich patron who paid for it on their behalf. they would then gather like-minded people to join the monastery from the wider church, local villages or whatever.

i assume you are talking about normal monks and not karate monks.

Get other monks along.

If you don't have other monks, what you have is a "hermitage".

Be awesome at kung-fu up to the point where you have dozens of sycophants willing to do anything you say for the chance to follow your "teachings".

Then tell them to build the monastery.

What time period?

Do it early enough you hike in to .a shit area all by yourself and are then seen as holy for surviving alone and dedicating yourself solely to God.

Townsfolk and farmers nearby will often visit with donations of food so you will pray for them, your prayer is worth extra brownie points.from the big guy upstairs.

Play a game that has rules for this stuff, like ACKs.

>be already semi famous as a holy man. Heal the sick, feed the poor, give shelter to those without, etc.
>have a midlife crisis give away all your worldly possessions(land, jewelry,livestock, clothes, shoes, etc.)
>tell everyone to fuck off your tired of their worldly ways
>go to bumfuck nowhere to meditate on the divine in a cave or something
>people come to seek wisdom and be groupies
>tell them to fuck off
>they don't listen so you take them on as students
And that is how you found a monastery.

>Be novice Monk
>Go on adventure
>Put what I learned in the Monstary in to practice
>Travel the world, gaining wealth/experience/friends/allies/perspective
>Eventually find a place to settle that could do with a Monestary
>Use backlog of wealth/allies to build monestary

It is literally the easiest thing to do, more so than any other class as they are by defintion a class which can perpetuate itself without codified laws like a Cleric or Paladin, or scholary resources like a Wizard.

Giving away trade secrets I see.

Getting high on your own product I see.

Become the confessor of a wealthy nobleman who is prone to sin but not to the point of godlessness. Wait until he's feeling really down and contemplative of his mortality, and suggest that he can achieve redemption for his soul if he dedicates some of his ill-gotten riches to building a monastery. When he expresses interest but doesn't know how to proceed, just be all like "I got you senpai, just give me some gold and a plot of land, and I'll do the rest."

>Basing the entire foundation of your monastary on the buying of indulgences
>Not undermining the entire spiritual endevour if you can buy your way there.

I have to say, that picture sure looks comfy.

>We rise before dawn and walk to the fields to harvest the grapes
>Back breaking work and must collect a whole man-sized basket before the Abbot will give us our breakfast
>Breakfast is a thin, watery gruel that tastes vaguely of cabbage and onion

As I said, comfy.