My setting has no gods, it only has higher-dimensional aliens using technology so advanced even they can't explain it

>My setting has no gods, it only has higher-dimensional aliens using technology so advanced even they can't explain it.
>There are still temples and ceremonies to honor these aliens, there are still clerics borrowing a bit of their power, but everyone knows they aren't gods.

They're not rabbits, they're smeep. They're not zombies, they're something else.
It's not Star Wars EP IV, it's EP VII.

I'd like to have supernatural beings definitely exist, in the form of more or less powerful spirits and ascended heroes, some of whom are venerated with rituals and songs and such, and some of whom even grant magic to certain devoted followers who seek to follow in their footsteps.

And at the same time, maintain ambiguity about whether one or more "higher" gods which are somehow fundamentally prior to reality as we know it really exist, in the same way that it is uncertain whether or not such higher powers exist in reality.

Is that doable, do you think?

Borrowing the power of an alien being is a warlock, though....

If there are no gods, then who will stand up to the Neutronium Golem attacking your planet?

Well I probably would have left the game if it was using the immortals handbook, so I just don't really know

>He's never played almighty uber-gods that punch reality in the face merely by existing
It's actually really fun so long as nobody tries to optimize for it and you just go full ham.

I make a priest to the god Isiah.

100k hp still seems really low for a planet..

I'm amused by the way you create caricatures of people that likely don't exist. I guess that's why you play RPGs: you're very good at imagining enemies.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there was a pretty big miscalculation there. If we broadly generalize and assume iron's 30hp/inch for the value of Earth, then we're looking at somewhere in the ballpark of 15 billion hp.

>Yeah, we already know we're playing a 40k RPG, you don't have to exhaustively explain everything to us.

How do the people know they aren't gods? Did the aliens specifically contact everyone and say so? Because that doesn't usually work.

It would be cooler if people thought they were gods.

> Setting has explicitly gods
> Challenge rate 5

... Hai Eugene. Regret that ol' school pic, eh?

>Humans start at level 3 in the game so they don't die in one hit to a rat

Why can't gods and aliens be one and the same? If human mortals can ascend like in Pathfinder, why can't alien mortals ascend? Is there a setting that does this?

Yeah, Stargate is a pretty good franchise.

I was thinking Thor, myself.

Each 5' square has 8 hardness and 15 HP.

So to calculate the hp of the earth, we need to have the volume. that's 2.59876×10^11 cubic miles. 1.84x10^9 miles of that are iron inner core, instead, which has hardness 10 and 30hp per inch of thickness.

That gives us 258036000000 cubic miles of rock and 1840000000 cubic miles of iron. The cubes are 6366.39 miles and 1225.385 miles on an edge. the rock has 45197490000000 squares and 403374470 inches of thickness, and thus 273,472,700,000,000,000,000,000 hp. The iron has 1674453000000 squares on a face and 77640394 inches of thickness for 3,900,155,700,000,000,000,000 hp.

Total HP of Earth: 277,372,855,700,000,000,000,000

... be sure to deal an extra 18 damage to account for the hardness per inch.