Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

No luv4death edition

The only grand alliance got zero kit in AoS is...?

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:
What the hell is alfrostun? Al-fro-stun? Or al-frost-un? When will the everwinter epub hit me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RKM1AAzeRCg
youtube.com/watch?v=nfQpl30a3-A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well shit... you beat me by 2 min lol

First for we have failed Archaon.

Third for we have failed Nagash

Fourth for Kroaks success

Good Morning bitches!

This morning's topic is:
What examples of THAT PERFECT MOMENT have you seen in your games. We aren't talking "I just rolled better then average"... we are talking "Instant killed a Stonehorn with a single wound from my Mighty Lord of Khorne" kind of swag.

> At my lgs one evening.
>New guy, 40k nurgle bro decides he wants to try out a game.
> Me and gentleman-bro decide to give him a demo game
> Newbie wants to try out death
> Newbie gets 750pts of Flesh Eaters
>Gentleman-Bro gets 750 of chaos led by a Bloodthirster and tag teams him against my 1500pts of bloodbound
>My Khorne is known for being pretty awesome these days so Gentlemen-Bro explains that their team will probably lose
>but we will make sure he learns the basic concepts
>Newbie is fine with that, just wants to see shit go down.
> Turn one I march forward, explain the concept of my army and my movements, explain how Bloodsecrators work and such
> Turn one the BloodThirster flys forward and we go to show him how charging works.
>Blood thirster misses his charge
> We roll for initiative, they get it.
>Bloodthirster, way ahead of the rest of their army charges right into the heart of my Khorne army.
>Explains to newbie that he needs to do the damage before the banners get planted
> Turns out the Bloodthirster is the the "Does 3 mortal wounds whenever it rolls a 6 to wound to anything within 8" type of bloodthirster (I don't keep track of their names)
> rolls three 6's on its wound rolls
> My army literally explodes
>After Battleshocks and everything is taken into account
>I lost:
>1 MightyLord
>1 Bloodstroker
>2 Blood secrators
>16 Bloodwarriors
>17 Bloodreavers
>1 Juggernaught
>74 total wounds in one swing
> We don't stop laughing for about 15 minutes as newbie is asking what happened
>Gentleman-bro and I fistbump and set up a new demo game
>Only a week and 3 games later does Newbie understand
>Either way Khorne won that day

Fuck man, that's our store record right there...

I don't see the epub in the pastebin, m8.

i keked

so people actually play with the priority rules?

10th for we did it siggy

keeps games tense, if one side gets two turns in a row it can turn everything on its head.

People don't? My shop likes the randomness. Sometimes it screws you hard but sometimes it just leads to very interesting games. You have so much more to plan for or risk when you don't know who is going next.

I understand that some really dislike the mechanic and that is fine but I really like the risk/reward it brings to games.

Hey, While I wait for the new Tzeentch stuff later this year I was thinking of getting an army of Tzeentch deamons together. I'm normally a die hard Khorne addict but I want to try something new, and seeing how Tzeentch is the shooting faction for chaos (outside of dirty rat things) I figured I would try them out. I already own a Gaunt Summoner for my everchosen so that is my leader for sure. But the rest of the list I'm not sure about. This is what I came up with. Note I am only running 20 Pink horrors because I intent to collect the older metal models. I hate the new plastics with a burning passion.

LEADERS
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (120)

UNITS
Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch x 10 (140)
Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch x 10 (140)
Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch x 2 (240)
Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch x 2 (240)
Flamers Of Tzeentch x 3 (200)
Furies x 10 (120)
Screamers Of Tzeentch x 3 (140)
Screamers Of Tzeentch x 3 (140)

Is this good enough? I shoot the shit out of the enemy with the flamers and horrors and use the Screamers and furies to hold up the enemy and countercharge/block for my big guns.

newfag here
is there any reason to take ardboyz over brutes?
I mean they cost the same as brutes, and seems to be just less killy but more numerous versions of the brutes
not too knowledgeable on the current meta, is mortal wound spam a thing?

Offical GW explanation of events when?

They fill out a battleline better and with gore gruntas can hold units until your brutes get there. Plus scoring in several of the core missions are model based so there is value there.

Tfw beatclaw has problems scoring in 1k

You seem to be at 1480. If that is the case I actually suggest switching out the ten furies for The Changeling.

If you haven't read his scroll you really should as it is one of the most enjoyable models in the game for what it does. And it also slows the fuck out of your opponent's best shit. That model is fucking hilarious. And if your opponent decides to send a hero at you to expose you congrats on forcing him to move in a direction they don't want to go, that is usually a free turn of delay right there.

The other good one is to rush him up with your opponent. Then move him into a choke point or just summon the wizard vortex and laugh as his line gets fucked and the changeling becomes untouchable to 90% of things.

If you buy that list make sure to grab 2 of the old vortexes as they are fantastic at making 4inch radius "fuck off" circles to cycle off the opponent and force them into bad spots.

The extra bodies and wounds can be very relevant when facing certain armies. Some armies literally shit out mortal wounds like crazy or are based on single hit high damage like cannons and the like.

A Squad of 10 boys that loses 2-3 boys is hurt but still threatening, a 5 ork Brute squad that loses 1-2 models is far more crippled.

There is a solid back and forth between the smaller elite units and the bigger base trooper units and a lot of it comes down to this:

Elite unites (like brutes) enjoy being able to deal their damage easier due to smaller model count and buffed stat lines, BUT suffer more as they lose models.

Base trooper units (Ardboyz) don't have the damage output like the elites, but don't lose as much when they suffer casualties. 2 boyz dead from a 10 man unit isn't as bad as 1 of a brute. Also the bigger footprint of the boyz squad can be used to block, tarpit, or objective seize.

Its really a give and take when it comes down to it. I would always have at least one 10-20 man unit of ardboyz though in Ironjawz personally.

I'd have liked that one city in the Life land belonged to Death.
What a shame

Death winning ANY city would have been the best outcome narrative wise. What they should have done is allow people to dedicate their wins to certain cities, that way players could coordinate their victories. You probably would have seen at least one city fall to chaos and another tied with Order holding one. A far more interesting outcome and the system would not have been hard to implement at all...

It's just another glorious day in the United Mortal Realms of Order.

youtu.be/RKM1AAzeRCg

It's not an army list concern, but 4 exalted flamers are going to take some ebaying as you can only get them in the burning chariot box. Just so you're aware.

As to the army itself, I find screamers in 3s don't really achieve anything. I've taken to running them in 6s myself.

How do you feel about a daemon prince? They are pretty solid, can put out some good damage in a punchup where tzeentch is traditionally weak.

I had a Gaunt Summoner hit a celestant prime with the shanking knife while Fateweaver was on the table. Watching him mutate into butterflies was hilarious.

Guys, I'm feeling the call of Chaos. Currently Free Peoples.

Tzeentch is whispering to me, but I have models left to paint.

what should I do?

Paint them really pale, using Druchii Violet as shade, and use them as zombies for your new Death army, since it's a much better army then Chaos

Melt them down and inhale the vapors.
Open your mind to the will of Tzeentch.

Nice try Slaanesh and Khorne.

>jumping from a perfectly fine ship onto a sinking one
mmmhhh
also are you me ? i was free peoples and felt the call of tzeench aswell , but no models turned me away and now i'm painting dwarfs

Tzeentch says the future holds many things for you both. That includes new models soon.

From my interpretation of it, the rules work out like this:

1) declare goregruntas are charging
2)measure distance to the *nearest*(keyword) enemy unit
3) if that is at least 8" and the charge is successful, get the D3 damage on the boars

RAW yeah this would say that you wouldn't get it if there was any enemy unit within 8". Would I really hold this interpretation in a LGS? I'd see what the guys thought

so how does this one look?
LEADERS
Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
- Darkforged Great Weapon
Infernal Guard Battle Standard (80)
Daemonsmith (100)
- Pyre Rune Staff
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
UNITS
Infernal Guard Ironsworn x 10 (100)
Infernal Guard Ironsworn x 10 (100)
Infernal Guard Fireglaives x 10 (100)
Infernal Guard Fireglaives x 10 (100)
WAR MACHINES
Deathshrieker (120)
BATTALIONS
Blackshard Warhost (80)
WOUNDS: 65 TOTAL POINTS: 1000

one daemonsmith stays with the deathshrieker and the other hangs with the ironsworn

remember if you choose your command trait and artifacts then you are a FUCKING WAACFAG and you are NOT a gentlemen

I've just started a bit of free peoples and have a lot of nurgle and khorne, but somehow I too am constantly drawn to Tzeentch (among a shitload of other armies, I'm that guy who wants to start s new army all the time)

But what if I model an artefact onto the mini?

Then it's acceptable but it has to be clearly modeled, painted and labeled with a full page of backstory otherwise you're just a WAAC faggot

BRB, painting each model's backstory onto a banner (carried by another model that follows the hero about).

It's even fluffy for some armies, to have banners proclaiming the general's exploits.

Shoo! Bad Cancer, we left you to die in last thread!

>"If you don't play the way i like to play you're a bad person"
lmao what pussy gets mad at a choice you are allowed to make by Da Rulez

>TFW its just the Silver tower models with rules and a Lord of Change big kit
>The story revolves only around the Gaunt Summoners I already own 2 of
> No Blood warrior style cool mortal units of Tzeentch, sorcerers with magic halberds and awesome armor
>Just formations mixing the Silver tower and demon units and calling it an update
>All of the Silver tower models get put into new boxes at heavily inflated cost

I know I'm being pessimistic but I just feel like this is coming...

The soul grinder's caught by the claw rule has caused some great moments in my group. The little dice game is one of my favorite rules in Age of Sigmar.

What I really would love to see is someone finally accept the keeper of secrets deal thing, and just murder a bunch of shit without dying. I wouldn't even be mad if my dudes got killed by someone who gave in to temptation. Alas, nobody ever wants to try it.

This with regards to the Keeper. Taking her attacks and then kicking the shit out of her with them would be funny as shit.

I feel that as long as you have some rerolls for 1's available, you might be okay.

That or be Celestant prime and just decide not to roll a 1

Look at what I just got, it's time for some plastic wars

Nagash always needs more followers
Good job, user

You setting up several armies for friends to use or something?

>About 600pts of Order, Death, Chaos, and Destruction

This guy knows what he is doing!

The ability specifically states the model is removed if any rolls are a 1 before modifiers. So no rerolls can save you.

Bones for the lord of Bones
Yeah, it's a 4 man party to play small narrative play

Please go reread the order of operations for how dice rolls work. Modifiers are the +1/-1 bonuses from abilities and spells, if they didn't include that phrase then you could never roll a one if you had a +1 to hit.

rerolls specifically happen before modifiers take effect.

Yeah but it only states "Before modifiers" So you roll, if you roll a one the ability triggers. It doesn't wait for you to reroll as you still rolled a one before modifiers. You are slain instantly when you roll a one, if you have a reroll that doesn't save you as you already rolled once and got the one.

>playing path to glory
>when slain, my Megaboss stays alive until my next hero phase
>takes temptation, dies, doesn't care
>takes keeper with him

Except rerolls happen in the same step, there are plenty of other rules that trigger on 1's that happen before modifiers and they also allow rerolls. Stop being a gigantic faggot.

>Got a 1k Sylaneth list, with plans to expand to 2k
>Only to be able play once a month
>Already bored
Help

Adding to this, especially with rules that say, "reroll all failed ___ roll" the keeper trigger especially triggers as you need the modifiers to determine if those rolls failed in the first place.

1's auto fail, no modifiers necessary.

Your both being idiots.

The reroll and the trigger are both at the same time, so the current player (the person accepting the gift) decides the order they play out in.

They choose to resolve the reroll from their ability first, then resolve the effect from the Keeper, if any dice remain ones after the ability that gave the reroll is resolved the Keeper's trigger goes off and she/he/it/otherkin devours the shit out of the hero.

Simple as that really...

That ork went out like a champ!

Find joy in painting, friend

This shit is metal as fuck.

This is the kind of shit I want to see in my games.

>been fighting for elves this entire time
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's what i like to see
Now i need some post SoW books

So we have one Aelf city, one Free people's city and one Sylvaneth city.

Who wants to design a coat of arms for Greywater Fastness?

Well, even if they didn't gain a city, at least it appears that Death gained a few thousands of additional troops

Who would have thought the faction with as many armies as all of their opponents combined would have won :^)

>The fortresses of order became more fortressy
>Nothing else really happened

Cool can we move on to another realm now, the realm of Life just became incredibly boring again.

>me
youtube.com/watch?v=nfQpl30a3-A

Archaon got btfo'd yet again

Xx420OrderitxX

this was aimed at

Why should i not drop the cash on the whole set of AoS hardback for £200

Right then.

What are the best deals for their points in matched play? I've heard some great stuff about Stonehorns, Thundertusks, Mournguls, skaven mortal wound spam, and freeguild shooting spam. Anything good out of the Sylvaneth? Any gems from the legacy warscrolls?

What are the shittiest deals for their points? I've heard that Varanguard are ass. Is this true?

you could buy more plastic crack with it
handgunners are great if taken in large numbers and with a general
sylvaneth is good to
for death you can use skeleton spam

Shit these are written awfully,

Imagine how interesting any of these would have become had Death seized just one.

Instead we get pretty much the exact same story. They aren't even trying to hide the laziness here...

>Order is losing guys, really losing!
>Oh man guys its looking bad now!
>Oh look, random 3rd party intervention saves them all at the last minute instantly!

I mean holy shit the Living City is literally "We lost so hard that the world itself woke up and saved us because our blood woke up the trees"

So instead of the fighters actually doing anything amazing and daring it was all washed away by Deus ex Machina.

The only one that almost works is the Greywater Fastness, but they just nuke the shit out of everything, saying how Alarielle might be a little cross, how anti climatic.

I wanted to at least see the fight with Order beating heads or actually doing anything other then wait for the "I win button" to magically appear. Its not a real victory when 2 of the three wins were random nature shit. I wanted an Age of Sigmar ending, not Avatar...

Because its shit and everything that matters is free or on a wiki somewhere.

Varanguard suck at anything under 2000.

At 2000, when you gat get Archaon and god keywords they become one of the best units in the game by far. The +4 attack Khorne Varanguard army from last thread showed just how insane that unit can be.

A unit of 6 of them are like the AoS titan equivalent, too expensive for low points but game breaking in higher point games.

>Sylvaneth

All the tree lords, kurnoth hunters. Alarielle herself

>varanguard

Good with their intended list, mediocre outside

My bestigor champion lasted 2 turns against a Mortarch by himself. Same game, my Chaos Lord held up 40 skeletons and a Wight King for three turns, also by himself. When he finally died he became a Spawn and held them up for another turn even.

You do know that Order is massively outnumbered by Chaos, Destruction, and Death lorewise?

>the current player (the person accepting the gift) decides the order they play out in

Actually, no. The hints and tips section stated that, "if both players can carry out abilities at the same time, the player whose turn is taking place use their abilities 1st".

Lorewise yes, but when it's the fucking polar opposite in reality then it's fucking stupid.

It dosa feels good to be on the winning team.

See Its stupid as shit to try to turn something that was never a contest into a "only by chance itself" victory.

Ah I see, so by that wording then the same result happens, you reroll and then check the Keeper rule. Thanks for the clarification then.

Even in death our Chaos Lords drop the dankest beats!

The lore is irrelevant when you look at the numbers of players.

As an order player I pretty much agree. I thought it would be us holding the gates against wave after wave until none more came and our few remaining defenders stood in the ruins victorious.

Not being told that we were losing until random shit win the whole thing for us. One was literally a mountain bleeding sap on the bad guys... fuck that I wanted to see the Stormcast set chaos to flight and head but the Orks back into the pits they came from.

Fuck the "barely held defense" I wanted to kick ass and skullfuck the lesser plebs, not have magic trees save my ass from my "Inevitable defeat".

You can't plan for it why do people keep sayin this bs

If I win the roll I win if I don't I lose is not a plan

>Rolled to attack with 4 retributors
>All sixes.

Nuking the enemy with 16 mortal wounds was quite fun.

It's about strategising to minimise the lost initiative, and maximising it if you win it.

It adds a new layer of tactics.

>Its the bottom half of the battle round
>I know I have a 50% chance to go first next round
> Do I push in aggressively and try for the burst from getting top turn, but risk being exposed and vulnerable if the opponent wins the roll...
>Or do I play more defensively just in case I don't get the top

Fuck that is planning right there you idiot. Its called understanding risk. Just because something is more complex then what you can perfectly predict doesn't mean you cant plan for it.

If your really so impatient about the chance of things not going your way then bring the Overlord of Chaos formation where Archaon tells you ahead of time who wins the roll.

>Names Everdank...
>Posts Pimp Archaon
>"As an order player "

What? Archaon has been order all along!

That's not a fucking plan that's just going yolo or not on a 50/50 bet

It takes actual planning out of the equation

This is why you don't namefag...

The cultists in Silver Tower aren't too bad, same with the Tzaangors.

even when GW lets Order win they have to suck all the coolness out of it

i would be fine them releasing the silver tower models, they look sick as fk

>Aspect of the game adds a new level of complexity
>"NONONO Its ruining my planned variables and forces me to ACTUALLY think about my plans on more then one level"

ok bud

Actually I play every faction except death... I'm just mostly working on Chaos models right now. I like Brettonians and Ironjawz however. I just thought that was ironic of me.

But yeah I still think the ending was anti-climatic, maybe they can write them better in a campaign book or something about it.

I dunno, it's in line with the typical AoS level of writing. What's the problem?