What's the fantasy setting equivalent of a therapist?

What's the fantasy setting equivalent of a therapist?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_prostitution
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

a priest or an exorcist

Priests, monks, or other spiritual leaders

Psionic(telepath)

Bar tender.

"What's on ye mind tonite?"

A priest.

Prostitute.

A holy prostitute that gets you drunk.

and of an engineer? Ranger? And if electrical engineer, wizard?

>"Holy" person who indulges in the sins of the flesh and forces those things upon others
You all should read a fucking book.

I have. They're called oracles, or sometimes simply priestesses of certain early religions

Not everyone is catholic

I'll take Sacred Prostitutes of Ishtar/Venus/insert pagan sex goddess here for 200 Alex

You do realise Christianity isn't the gold standard for EVERY fantasy universe, right?

You know that sex is bad only in few religions?

Is it weird that I can unironically understand how this could be comfortable? It speaks to the thirst of the body, the urges of the heart and the yearnings of the soul at the same time.

>Not everyone is catholic
[crusades internally]

A priest of any kind.

Like the user above mentioned, some priests are also lovers.

You know the reason PAGANs had prostitutes? Because half of them worshiped statues and the other half ate babies while dancing around fire.

A cleric.

An arcane prostitute who gets you drunk.

What's your point?
People did (and continue to do) shitty things due to religion. That doesn't mean the only possible religion in fantasy is not!Christianity/Islam/Judaism.

and in what way it relates to our topic?

You mean like most of the pre-Nicean Christians?
And this isn't taking into account of civilization was a thing before christianity, and the Catholic Church was founded by Christians deciding to ape Roman culture and governance.

Today is just not Christianity user's day, is it?

At the end of the day a therapists job is simply to inform the patient of what their problem is, put it into understandable words and concepts, and then guide them to a path which will help them fight their problems. Realistically you just need someone who is somewhat knowledgable, very empathetic and willing to give advice/mentoring.

>Every religion is Christianity
Maybe you should read a book. Religions with prostitutes did exist. FFS there's even a Wikipedia page on this shit. The same is true of alcohol too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_prostitution

Eh, here and I consider myself a devout Christian, I just can't stand it when people convert their mitres into fedoras and start tipping them like morons.

Yes, because child sacrifice was NEVER a thing in Christianity. Have you even HEARD of the Binding of Issac?
Also,
>Because half of them worshiped statues and the other half ate babies while dancing around fire.
I'm gonna need some sources.

Fair. I don't have a problem with Christianity, I just have a problem when people insist that any conceivable fantasy religion must be a direct copy of it.

>Have you even HEARD of the Binding of Issac?
That was just a prank, bro.

>Any year past 753 A.D.
>NOT aping Roman culture and governance
And they wonder why almost every place outside of Europe is a shithole. Ape from the best, or eat shit like the rest.

Whores.

"Hey, you know what'd be really funny? If we told Moses to go kill his son."
"Hey, Moses, go kill your son! It'll be great, I promise and OH SHIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING"

>The "God is a fratbro" bible

>my coloring book said this was a sin!

>Have you even HEARD of the Binding of Issac?
Not him, but it seems to me someone needs to read Fear and Trembling

Same here. Personally, with my current homebrew I'm planning on having different religions based off of stuff like Zoroastrianism, Hectate cults, Imperial/Filial Peity, Mormons, Berserk, and Kirkbride.

It was Abraham, not Moses, ya mook.

>Any year past 221 A.D.
>aping Daqin culture and governance
>NOT glorious Han bureacratic, military and economic systems

Gan Ying only visited to laugh at you, barbarian ghosts.

>It was Abraham, not Moses, ya mook.
Ah, shit. I knew something was wrong with that post.

Yeah it's a pretty good videogame, what does that have to do with anything?

If you're going to pretend to be retarded, you should at least include some humor in your post.

>China is still united and on its way to becoming the next superpower
>The remnants of the Roman Empire either are Muslim shitholes, or are rapidly declining future Muslim shitholes

I guess the Han got it right after all.

I guess you could say they shot first.

>tfw there will be no Traditionalists to come into power to Make China Great Again
>tfw the culture of the great Empires will always be a thing of the past
The Cultural Revolution was a mistake

The closest thing there is to a traditionalist China is Taiwan.

Priests are therapists. Its confession for secular humanists.

>what is the X equivalent of forced memes?

Someone who frequently contacts the dead.

a Psychonaut

A shaman,

The Native American shaman is a perfect example.

He will take troubled people onto a spitiual journey (shit load of drugs) and they along with him would face their problems and see the way to solving them.

Essentially a man of great wisdom and apathy will listen to his problems and make him feel like they came up with the solution together.

We shall see about that. European governments do not represent the people. And when Europeans get pissed. They get really pissed.

Hypnotists and enchanters who help remove your traumas and mental diseases through magicking your brain up a bit. It probably doesn't hold forever, so you've got to keep coming back.

Local priests or preachers, perhaps even witch doctors and the lot, who are tasked with keeping their flocks. The people of their respective parishes or whatnot rely on them to help them deal with emotional traumas and to lead the community and the individuals within them.

Bartenders. They give booze. Could even be that anyone who peddles in intoxicating substances is required to have some training to help their clients.

Whores can also be a choice. I knew a guy who paid for a prostitute regularly, but mostly just talked to her about his marital problems. (He wasn't the brightest.)

>And when Europeans get pissed. They get really pissed.
What're they gonna do, angrily wave around "refugees welcome" signs? By they time they get mad, they'll be minorities in their own countries.

You misstake sleep with death.

Confessor, card-readers, gemini cricket style fairies, guardian angels, animal totems and spirit guides, and probably others,

Yes, and ?

Have you really never heard of Holy Prostitution? Many religions used to practice it, long ago. Greeks and Romans too, I believe.

They were more like Priestesses than anything else.

Confessor or bartender

Erzulie is pleased by this post.

Not being a bitch

>[crusades internally]
*removes Saracen*

A frogprincewizard

Why are you so angry, bro?