Top 10 best Planeswalkers in terms or overall playability?

Top 10 best Planeswalkers in terms or overall playability?

1. Jace the Mind Sculptor
2. Liliana of the Veil
3. Jace, Vryn's Prodigy // Jace, Telepath Unbound
4. Karn Liberated
5. Elspeth, Knight Errant
6. Dack Fayden
7. Ajani, Vengeant

Cant think of anymore standouts at the moment. Not sure if I should include Standard Walkers because most of them will lose all playability when they rotate.

Gideon AoZ might still see some play in Modern

Yeah and possibly Kytheon too if Modern Humans ever becomes popular.

Neither Gideon AoZ nor Kytheon are even close to top 10.

I agree with your top 7. I'd probably put Ugin the Spirit Dragon at #8, Elspeth Sun's Champ at #9, and Jace Architect of Thought at #10.

I feel like Tezz, agent of bolas is pretty strong and underrated.

>Jace, Vryn's Prodigy // Jace, Telepath Unbound
>above Karn
>not a single green planeswalker listed
Garruk Wildspeaker would like a word with you. What's better than a 4 mana overwhelm on a body? Untapping two lands each turn to plus it, followed by creating emergency tokens when you need it.

>Gideon AoZ
>not better than elspeth
I've yet to see elspeth in a single modern or legacy deck since Gideon was printed, Elspeth is more importent historically but 1/1s are just worse than 2/2s when it comes down to it.

1. Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2. Liliana of the Veil
3. Karn Liberated
4. Jace, Vryn's Prodigy / Jace, Telepath Unbound.
5. Nahiri, the Harbinger
6. Elspeth, Knight-Errant
7. Dack Fayden
8. Ajani Vengeant
9. Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
10. Garruk Wildspeaker

Probably the only one that's questionable is Nahiri at #5, but considering how you can simply do her plus twice and threaten her ulti and spit out a big fattie like Emrakul or Craterhoof behemoth, along with any other big, fat dummies with ETB effects, means she should be a roleplayer in Modern for years to come.

1. Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2. Liliana of the Veil
3. Karn Liberated
4. Nahiri, the Harbinger
5. Elspeth, Sun's Champion
6. Dack Fayden
7. Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
8. Garruk Wildspeaker
9. Chandra, Pyromaster
10. Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

S: Jace, the Mind Sculptor
A+: Karn, Lili, Baby Jace
A: Nahiri, Dack, Elspeth 1.0

>1/1s are just worse than 2/2s when it comes down to it.
It's a lot more complex than that. AoZ doesn't help a stalled board state the turn he drops. EKE gives evasion and a buff, which can swing games.
If you're behind, and just need a chump on the board, yes, a 2/2 is better than a 1/1, but you're probably going to lose either way.

Nahiri>Ajani

All Planeswalkers, by tier:

S: Jace, the Mind Sculptor

A+: Karn, LoTV, Jace Vryn's Prodigy

A: Elspeth KE, Nahiri 2.0, Dack

A-: Elspeth Sun's Champion, Ugin, Jace AoT, Ajani Vengeant, Garruk Wildspeaker, Chandra Pyromaster, Liliana the Last Hope

B: Jace Beleren, Nissa Voice of Zendikar, Kytheon, Narset, Freyalise, Daretti, Nahiri 1.0, Gideon AoZ, Ashiok, Domri Rade, Sorin Solemn Visitor, Sorin Lord of Innistrad, Arlinn Kord, Gideon Jura, Koth of the Hammer, Garruk Relentless, Tamiyo 1.0, Tamiyo 2.0

C: Everything not listed; the ones that arent good, but aren't awful

D: Chandra Nalaar, Jace Unraveler of Secrets, Ob Nixilis Reignited, Sarkhan the Mad

E: Gideon Champion of Justice, Chandra Fire of Kaladesh, Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath

F: Jace the Living Guildpact, Tibalt

Seems about right, except I'd personally move both Kioras up to B tier, and I'd move Sorin 2.0 and Nahiri 1.0 down to C tier.

I wouldn't put Ob 2.0 in D tier, I think that unlike Jace Unraveler, who certainly does belong in the tier, Ob is more C tier. This is because the fact that he DESTROYS creatures immediately pushes him above Unraveler, who just bounces. That is a HUGE difference.

Yeah, I'd probably put Sarkhan Unbroken in Ob 2.0's place.

I haven't been playing for the last few months but DAMN!!! Is Nahiri really that good? Wow, I remember people were giving those away at SOI prerelease....holy shit

Isn't Humans just a bad Allies? And isn't Allies just a bad Merfolk?

No, its this:
Humans are a bad Allies, Allies are a bad Slivers

Spirits are a bad Faeries, Faeries are a bad Merfolk.

you need nahiri and ugin

>dack top 7
doubt

No Chandra love?

Chandra Nalaar? You mean Chandra Ablaze, right?

Chandra Pyromaster is by far the best Chandra that has ever been released, Flamecaller and Nalaar are average at best, Firebrand is a bit below average, and Ablaze and FoK are 2 of the worst planeswalkers ever printed. Chandra has always gotten the short end of the stick when compared to the rest of the Gatewatch, although Jace Unraveler and Living Guildpact are also among the worst walkers ever printed.

With the exception of the very average Memory Adept and only slightly above average Jace Beleren, every Jace printed so far has either been a huge boom or a huge bust. Chandra, on the other hand, has always been kind of a bust, with the only real exceptions being Pyromaster and maybe Flamecaller.

Oh shit you're right, yeah I meant Ablaze

OP why did you zoom on Mr. Hand Model's face?
Jace, the mind sculptor deserves more respect you insolent neonate (LOL get the reference).