>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

What are some tricks you save for when your back is against the wall?

By a relatively average Joe, not by a disembodied third-person omniscient narrator (i.e. WoG or said narrator) or Jump-chan.

Arthur C. Clark holds no authority over canons he didn't craft. Also, that's more of a proverb than any "ruling" he made.

To answer the first part of your question, no. "Sufficiently Advanced" is subjective, so unless something is explicitly referred to as/depicted as magic, it is not magic. So if something depicts it otherwise (e.g. Endless Legend where it's picoites), then it is not magic even if referred to as such.

In short, it has to be depicted as supernatural and referred to as such. Though it should preferably be called magic, it doesn't have to be, such as in Wheel of Time or Dark Souls.

Is Admiral Motti an omniscient character? If yes, then the Force can be considered magic. If not, do most relevant characters in the setting treat the Force as magic?

The strength of a will and a cause.

Changelog:

-Fixed typoes/errors
-Added notes
-Buffed attunement to allow you to create portals to go to your companions/companions can go to you
-Buffed super strength to 5/20/50
-Buffed super speed to Mach 1/2/3 and increased price slightly
-Changed price of Asgardian to 600 from 800
-Hulk Up's transformation gives some strength and durability
-Maybe some other things that I forgot about

Soon?

My response from before,

The ability to teleport away from the confrontation. You would be surprised how many people are caught of guard by you disappearing out of thin air. That and phasing through things.

Can you draw unlimited energy from the Unfinished Cosmic Cube as you fill it?

Is that the Gate of Buttbylon?

Gates of Ass?

Funny you should ask.

There's apparently a reason I installed an EMP into every single room of my Warehouse.

This is going to take a while to clean up.

You can draw out however much energy you put into it; whether you use it to power something or unleash it all at once or whatever is up to you.

Magical earthquake set to the sun going black and skies going red as I summon hoardes of undead from storage in my warehouse.

Aspects:

Wind = Earth > Fire > Water > Wood

Undeniable truth.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

>The Archetype of a Hero.
How do I base a form on that? Hero archetypes don't exactly have weird forms...

>Beowulf, Hercules
Oh, okay, so I get buff.
>D’artagnan from “The Three Musketeers” etc.
And get a fancy mustache.

Sure, I can work with that. Kinda weird to make that a specific form to shift into, but sure.

>The original Forging Charms only allow select Exalted and Fae-Blooded to gain charms. I decided after a while of debate that it would fiat apply to all of them instead of just Fae-Blooded.
I mean, okay. But why? It seems weird to just allow others to get that. Feels like it cheapens Fae-Blooded a little, compared to the other Children of the Mighty who do keep their Charms unique to themselves.

Though I'm mostly just sad that it means I can't get a set of Graces without paying an arm and a leg. Any chances of adding an option to buy more Graces for 100 or so?

How much would an unfilled Gate of Babylon cost? The wiki says it's E-A++, but I can't really tell if that's because of what's stored in it or something else.

You cant make jerky with wind or earth.

That version of Tony actually kind of deserves her.

And he's not alcoholic. But he's still a highschooler-college age kid. So... who knows?

Of course you can. Wind gets lightning, and Earth gets a charm to punch meat and have it turn into jerky.

You've been listening to too much Fire propaganda.

So Red didn't even have the balls to own up to her mistakes last thread, even though she's hiding in the IRC right now. Coward.

>highschooler-college age Tony Stark
Does he drink at all in the show? That would be humorously dark.

How does Mjolnir determine a worthy wielder?

user, Fire is in the middle of the chart, it's perfectly respectable. Water on the other hand is a bit wishy-washy, while Wood is a real thorn in our sides.

>Baseing it off from a Hero.
Oh, no that's just what Archetype you have to be in to activate it, because the theme of the jump is being a Mortal Hero, Heroes come in many different forms so you can go even monsterous but I'd prefer if you do so with someone like Hakuman (Blaze Blue) in mind if you do so.

>Cheapens Fae-Blooded
I see your point. Suggestions for any unaligned human who pulls up to the plate?

Didn't see whole show.

Am afraid to check. Mainly because some of the wiki articles on that page seem as if written by someone who's english is not first language... Only a few but still

Unleashing my Appetite Demon, the Hungry Wolf. The damn thing honestly scares me because it seems to create the path of least resistance to a 'meal' in a way even I don't understand.

Remember how I mentioned I beat Scion through stupidity? It somehow ate HIS ENTIRE BODY through his avatar.

I exploded.

On a less insane note, my Devil Mantra form and Fists of Judgment.

>not using water to pull all the moisture from the meat.

Heathens.

Fuckin Gourmet Cells and the escalation

Having never watched avengers earths mightiest heroes how strong is Galactus and his heralds from the drawback? Reading the wikia of them says some of the heralds were defeated by people that are far below a jumpers level. Although Galactus had to be banished to the negative zone, which I don't think we can do cause it blocks out alternate universes, or is the negative zone just another dimension? Same question for the Loki you'd possible have to fight, what'd be a good baseline for the odin force in the show.

How small is the vernier of overkill when it comes to applying powers to mundane events

Okay, so you need to be a Hero to use it, but it allows you go a little weirder than just a buff dude? Like a dude in odd armor, apparently.

That seems more interesting. Thanks.

>I see your point. Suggestions for any unaligned human who pulls up to the plate?
Maybe have it be forged into a powerful Grace Artifact, for that cost? Getting an Adjuration, Behemoth, Oneiromancy, or Treasure seems interesting?

I feel like standard Graces could be lower costed.

Hips of Babylon, actually.

Is Keijo too lewd? It's about girls hitting each other with their butts, but it's funny and has shonen-style power escalation.

I like it. I'm having trouble deciding what I want because, while I love the drop-in perks, there aren't any drop-in powers I really want. That's hardly your fault, though.

Somewhat silly question I can't imagine you'd say no to, but could I use the Infinity Gauntlet as a medium for magic artifacts I make with Nine-Realms Craftsman? Obviously, they wouldn't be anywhere near the gems, but I want to make magic stones that I can slot into the gauntlet to produce various effects. I just think that'd be fun.

My "screw this, I'm out" button, which is usually a Contingency Greater Teleport.

I guess somewhere between spamming the Wild Bunch with full auto Solar and Dark twin pistols and using the "Beastmaster Chimera" suit I'm thinking about working on (Basically using perks to fully utilize monster powers via their limbs/parts, thus the need to make a wearable/functional suit or cloak out of them)

Speedy jerky is shit jerky.

wat

If it kills more than one person and killing was not even your intent, it was overkill.

Coming a bit late to this jump, but looks like there are a lot of cool things here. I'm definitely buying the Syndicate/Agency.

I'm trying to think of it right now, but what would an exalted heroic mortals jump even have that isn't just a rehash of what's in the gauntlet except with a 1000 cp?

Sounds like it is.

Yeah, unless you make Wild Lens, you need both pistols for it to work.

Or two Sol de Vices.

For me? Sol Trance from Vampire state or when I have my "miniscule in human" form pool of Dark Matter full, to enter Wild Trance of sorts.

It wrecks my body and fucks up my mind quite a bit due to the odd way of doing it and that it was not shown by anyone.

A warrior's heart and noble goals is a good benchmark. That's pretty much how Bill was able to use it.

Keep in mind that while the Heralds were worn down by fighting multiple combatants at the same time. They're pretty powerful; each one I'd say is around the lower end of the Hulk or Thor's abilities. Negative Zone is another dimension. Loki shattering Captain America's shield is the best combat feat I can think of off the top of my head.

Sure.

Basically nothing.

Nothing I can think of. Except actual Sorcery and canon Terrestrial styles..

>Weirder than a Buff Dude?
Pic Related.
Some Hero's are the monsters. Hero is a very flexible archetype don't feel too constrained.

I'll settle the just for a 300-400 item, a little out of place but it should work out.

complications NEVECS most wanted and the slow road

age 29
identity VAGABUNDOS
time lost planet 2
skills and abilities hot bod, thermal sensor, resourceful, trained, neh neh, all for all and very big

gear suitable attire, slug thrower, GTT-01 nida, bug gear, mass-production harmonizer, GTF-11 drio, GTF-13M evax, GTB-22 faze, weaponry and GAB-25M cakti

Thanks for the answers, what about Galactus feats? High end cartoon hulk? I say cartoon as I assume this isn't the comic Galactus.

Gauntlet already said that he meant to keep an actual Heroic Mortals jump open. Not to mention we have a Halo jump and a Halo gauntlet, and no one seems to care anymore if you use both.

We don't really see them fight Galactus, so much as we see them distract Galactus while they portal him to the Negative Zone. Ms. Marvel was able to absorb and redirect one of his energy blasts with a lot of effort.

Collapsing the universe usually works.

No, but my point is that there's really nothing you could have in an exalted mortals jump that isn't already covered by the gauntlet.

Damn, guess it'll be a tough fight then. Although the only clip I've found so far shows thor staggering him with lightening then hitting knocking him over with the hammer. How does the last avenger drawback interact with the long haul? Would we be dropped into the other universe after it's been fucked up then dropped back into the main one at the start of the long haul drawback? Once finished the last avenger drawback that is.

Maybe add some ability that makes getting angry cause proportional increases to your abilities? Also Iron Fist seems kind of overpriced if all it does is let you enhance your punches.

>I'll settle the just for a 300-400 item, a little out of place but it should work out.
That works. Little sad I don't get a pet Wyld Behemoth made from my own Valor. But I guess I could forge it into one myself if I go Fae-Blooded.

It isn't really clear, but is Supreme Mind meant to be a straight up intelligence/super genius ability as well? Does it boost your creativity/inventiveness?

Yeah, it'll just have to work out like that though. Any Ideas for the Lintha 800 yet?

I am confused. What exactly is exalted?

Eh, it works too.

Lintha aren't really my specialty. Maybe something to do with demons or those demon-beasts they have pulling their ships?

A miserable pack of lies.

Val ruled it would be at the cost of an A++ rank NP.

Hiding in my warehouse behind the Force Wall. It's the ultimate cheat so I only use it when I'm fighting someone I know can kill me.

As far as I can tell it's a tabletop of some sort.
Sounds like shit to me, but whatever.

Would Supreme Mind and the Scientist perk tree put us on the level of Doctor Doom in intelligence?

You'd basically just have to do everything the gauntlet does all over again honestly. If you tried to differentiate it, you'd never find enough content to actually make a complete jump.

So Exalted is a man?

It's a tabletop rpg by White Wolf. You basically play as one of several flavors of demigod. Usually.

No, that's a miserable little pile of secrets.

Summon leviathein? Call beasts of the sea? Piracy pillage and plunder perk? Survive against all odds like the original 12? The ability to create a home and a nation in spite of the odds like them recreating theirs in a sargasso sea? Breed giant aquatic monstrociities

>Would we be dropped into the other universe after it's been fucked up then dropped back into the main one at the start of the long haul drawback?
You've got it right.

I feel like Hulk Out is fine as is, but maybe Iron Fist could allow your Chi to grow with time to make it more powerful?

Supreme Mind isn't a direct intelligence boost; however it would allow you to become very intelligent if you put the time in to study and learn as you would retain everything perfectly.

What kind of waifus does battletech have?

A perk that makes horrible incest and breeding with inhuman monsters actually beneficial to your bloodline.

Create a race using less than 10 individuals happened, selective breeding, planning, genetic engineering perk?

Out of totally random curiosity, did anyone call Captain N?

Does Battletech even have named characters?

Nope~!

Absolutely disgusting. Fitting, but disgusting.

>Captain N
Don't think so. What is it?

All yours.
Please don't even touch on that godawful fan sequel.

I mean, it's the Lintha. Did you expect anything else?

I actually like the idea myself. Yes it is disgusting but it is both thematically fitting and useful. Maybe add in something about how the resulting mutant child will only have useful deformities or will look natural in while gaining something from the unholy hellspawn it is birthed from.

I apologize for asking for and taking in content that was asked for?
Mortal Hero the Jump and Mortal Hero the Gauntlet were, in my mind at least, to be different. things. I have no idea what the Jump will be like but I just wanted to do a Gauntlet from the beginning, mostly because Mortal Hero is an excellent Gauntlet material.

Alright then, I think it'll be one of those rare moments of talking about a Jumper's kids then, oh how I dreded this.

No but I wish I could do the canon Mega-Crossover of Nintendo justice. That is a Jump for the Worthy that is.

The mercenary commander from the 1st Mech Assault game had a nice voice.

Hey, any chance that Asgardians can get discounts on the strength and durability perks? The last version you posted I didn't see that for them, and I felt like that was a mistake.

Asgardians in this setting get stronger with age don't they? I remember thanos bitching about it in the fight they had on the moon.

Has anyone claimed Destroy all humans?

Nope.

No, but Mars Attacks would be a better jump desu.

It's only really a problem for anyone that wants a heroic mortals jump since there's not enough content to make one that doesn't have significant overlap with the gauntlet.

Mars Attacks a shit.

Nope.

Please do. It'd be great.

>The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes/Wolverine and the X-Men
Drawbacks: Ragnarok, World War Jumper, Red in the Ledger, Superior Foes [2000]
Starting Location: The Raft
Origin: Scientist, Human
Perks: Scientist Supreme [Freebie]
Smartest Man in the Room [1900]
Roleplay [1700]
Uncanny [1500]
Alloy Smith [1350]
Robotics [1200]
Supreme Mind [900]
Pym’s Protégé [600]
Nine-Realms Craftsman [0]

I guess this had to be another one of those me and the gang against the everyone again, right?

So, I'm left with little options here. All organizations across the globe want me dead, as well as a giant space-demon who is comparable to the the big One-Eye. Safest course of action for everyone is sending the Generic Big Evil Fire Demon #36 into a one-way trip to Oblivion. Preferably using rainbow-colored nukes.

As for the Earth itself... Well, I guess I can at least give them a chance, can I? I don't really care much about Earth anyway. Let's say that I will just leave a few mask behind to pest it for a while (cause some more random mutations and opening a few portals to other demonic dimensions, nothing too big).

For the rest of the Jump I guess that I will have to find some other planet/dimension to crash. Spend a few years here and there, maybe fight a few gods who think that they can take on me and go and empower some randoms to take the place of the usual main characters and watch the fireworks when I remove most of the plot-armors that plague the Marvel universe.

A TTRPG by the same guys that made World of Darkness (Vampire, Mage, Changeling, etc.). It's a totally different setting, though.

Here you can play with demigods who can punch down mountains, control the flow of time and do other weird shit, preferably describing the whole process as much as you can.

Watched a few games, but never played it myself. None of the groups that wanted something so over the top.

ACK! Ack ack ack-ack, ackackack.

How did you deal with this asshole in your session?

No, someone should probably ask if his refrigerator is running.

No option to be a Crafted race? It seems weird, but I'd like the option to be a Djala for example.

0. Kingdom Hearts

- Identity: Heartless [500 left]
- Drawback: Hunger
- Free Perks: Tema Del Jumper, Tema Di Mondi, JRPG Style, A Heart to Call My Own, Magical Potential, Hit It!
- Racial Perks: My Own Shadow [+15 Hearts!], Shadows of My Own [Discount, 400 left], Living Shadow [Free Heartless], Evil Radar [Free Heartless], Corridors of Darkness [Free Heartless], Heart Stealer [Free Heartless], Creeping Shadows [Free Heartless], Playful Shadows [Discount, 300 left], Hello Darkness My Old Friend [Discount, 0 left], Watch Your Shadow [Free Heartless]
- General Items: Nomura Brand Outfit [Free], Emblem Sticker Pad [Free Heartless], Unlimited Sea Salt Ice Cream [1 50-Munny Orb left], Deck of Cards [0 50-Munny Orbs left], Elixir [1 100-Munny Orb left], Black Coat [0 100-Munny Orbs left]
- Training Weapons [+1 100-Munny Orb]: Wooden Sword [0 100-Munny Orbs left]
- Weapons [+1 100-Munny Orb]: Summoned Weapon (A short sword) [0 100-Munny Orbs left], Save The Queen [0 200-Munny Orbs left]
- Future: Begin Jumpchain

0a. Heartless Customization

- Size: Small
- Movement: Shadow [13 Hearts left], Ground, Leaping [12 Hearts left], Flight [10 Hearts left]
- Body: Emblem, Head, Tail [9 Hearts left], Wings [7 Hearts left]
- Add-Ons: Claws [6 Hearts left], Elemental Resistance Firex2 [4 Hearts left], Elemental Resistance Ice x2 [2 Hearts left], Elemental Resistance Electricity x2 [0 Hearts left]

>1.
>2.
>3.
>4.
>5.
>6.
>7.
>8.

You know the deal, /jc/.

Worked with him to overthrow the Queen. Then doublecrossed him to send him into exile too.

Basically the same as the Trolls did. Because Spades Slick is best Jack Noir.