Other urls found in this thread:

mymanga.me/manga/Maou_no_Hajimekata
mangareader.net/dungeon-meshi
mangareader.net/tate-no-yuusha-no-nariagari
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=710824
skythewood.blogspot.sg/p/gate-thus-jsdf-fought-there-author.html
mangahere.co/manga/gate_jietai_kare_no_chi_nite_kaku_tatakeri/
mangareader.net/berserk
bato.to/group/_/j/jojos-colored-adventure-r4277)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Historie
Vinland Saga
Fuck Beserk but people like it so you might too.
Drifters
Rat Queens
Conan

mymanga.me/manga/Maou_no_Hajimekata
maou no hijimekata
how to evil overlord. pic related. does get pretty power fantasy and rapey/ntr-y, but has some pretty pragmatic villainy

mangareader.net/dungeon-meshi
dungeon meshi
dirt poor adventurers turn dungeon monsters into delicious meals

mangareader.net/tate-no-yuusha-no-nariagari
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=710824
rising of shield hero
guy gets sent to generic fantasy vidya world, gets falsely accused of rape, and has to claw his way up from nothing. manga, light novel, and web novel all have differences, but i'm not sure how much

skythewood.blogspot.sg/p/gate-thus-jsdf-fought-there-author.html
mangahere.co/manga/gate_jietai_kare_no_chi_nite_kaku_tatakeri/
gate
portal to fantasy world opens in japan and roman style army invades. rather than relying on teenagers, japan sends in the modern military and proceeds to curbstomp the would be invaders using modern tech. can get rather propaganda-y at certain points

mangareader.net/berserk
berserk
i think it's required that i list this

Lucidstuck
Romantically apocalyptic

not really Veeky Forums related but i recommend mushoku tensei
worthless hikkikomori, neet, failure of a human being gets reincarnated into a baby body in a fantasy world and decides on one simple goal, don't be shit this time

Gate is awful

Paranoia had a sick as hell comic if you can find it.

Pretty much 2000 ADs comics

He's literally an adventurer minmaxer. He's incredibly Veeky Forums.

Yep. The enemies could have wised up and actually made the fights interesting, the main character could have been likable, the politics of the situation could've been explored and the fantasy world girls could've been more than just harem waifu fodder.

But no, it had to be chest-thumping jingoism.
'Look at the JSDF, we totally kick ass!'
Yeah, that's easy when you've got guns and the enemy only has swords.

And seriously, how can you make a fight between a helicopter gunship and a fucking DRAGON boring?

>Rat Queens
>Fuck Berserk

Speaking of that image if you like 40k it has some pretty good comics

Redeemer
Deff Swadron
Blood Quest
Damnation Crusade
and here is some others
Bone
Rouge Trooper
Nemesis the Warlock
ABC Warriors
Berserk
Dungeon Meishi
Judge Dredd

Exactly. Failure at every level

Read Oyaji you fuck. It'll make you grow hair on your chest and tear up at the same time.

KILL.
SIX.
BILLION.
DEMONS.

does unsounded count?

Usagi Yojimbo
Bone
Anything by 2000 AD.

Schlock Mercenary.
SMBC.
Girl Genius.

Beserk told me it was going to be low fantasy awesomeness then took the 5am to high fantasy crazy train.

Fuck Beserk

Yes

Yes it does.

Boom:
Dracula - The Company of Monsters

Darkhorse:
Aliens - Stronghold
Hieroglyph
Hellboy/Bprd

Image:
Prophet
Witch Doctor
Birthright

Idw:
Locke and key
Legion - by Salvador Sanz

Manga:
Parasyte
Dungeon Meshi

Monkeybarin Comics:
D4VE

/sos/core coming up

COMICS
Garth Ennis is a hack but The Boys was really good.
Alan Moore is a hack but The Killing Joke was really good.
Moorcock is great and the Elric series is really good.

MANGOS
Shigurui: Edo Period Japanese Duelist Schools fuck with each other. One of the darkest, most horrifying and most beautiful comics ever. Intentionally grotesque to an absurd degree, captures a totally different side of Premodern Japan.

Koukoku no Shugosha: Set in fantastical 1850s (you don't see that often) the Not!Russians invade Not!Japan, and a small force of Japanese soldiers are forced to fight a running retreat to escape their clutches. Also they have saber tooth tigers for some reason. Pretty sick comic, very dark, also a surprisingly balanced perspective between the Japs and the Slavs.

Gunka no Baltazar: Althistory about a Prussian helping some barely post-medieval shithole in Germany modernize its abysmally primitive army. Contains some pretty amazing historical facts as well as a very cool depiction of 19th century militaria. Mangaka is clearly a Bismarkaboo, the best of all types of Germaniboos.

Berserk: God-Tier manga about a PC chasing another PC and killing six trillion monsters on his way to do it. Cannot be explained, do not watch the show, read the mango.

BOOKS
Stormlight Archives: Two books out, more coming. Fucking epic worldbuilding and sick magic systems, good characters, the main plotline of the first book is perhaps the best transition from soul-crushing despair to pure win in recent fantasy history.

Malazan, Book of the Fallen: First book is garbage, way too many plotlines, nothing is ever explained, etc. The entire series is justified by Deadhouse Gates because of how good the Chain of Dogs plotline is.

David Gemmell: The man who single handedly brought Sword & Sorcery back into profitability through the sheer size of bis balls, read Legend and Waylander, see if you like them. Not a great writer, but fun.

That should last you a while.

if your looking for some good cyberpunk then go with the sprawl trilogy starting with necromancer. /srg/ has the entire series in the pastebin

I didn't mind Rat Queens.
It was kinda funny.

not that user but I too was disappointed by Gate. I was hoping for an awesome modern tech vs fantasy military/political manga and what I got was a harem manga.

i could even let some of the jap propaganda go i myself am a huge fan of murrica fuck yeah! if it wasn't so damn ham fisted and stupid at times. like when the loli deathgod(who bugs me more so than usual for some reason, maybe its just the uber OP OC doughnut steel god thing she's supposed to be) solos 4 squads of spec ops who were sent to kidnap/invite the hero's to visit the other country's.

it just sucks because the series had the potential to be good

I have no mouth and i must scream.
Its such a good metaphor for how my old dm used to make us feel.

>Maou-jou de Oyasumi
The demon lord has kidnapped the princess!
While the hero journeys to rescue her she's passes time vandalizing the demon lord's castle.
Very comfy.

>Garth Ennis is a hack
Agreed.
>but The Boys was really good
It was fucking terrible but for some reason I read all the way through it. I have no idea if I'd recommend it.

>Alan Moore is a hack
Disagree, but he is inescapably up his own ass at this point.
>The Killing Joke was really good
Not really Veeky Forums and honestly I thought it was pretty weak compared to his other stuff.

>Gunka no Balthazar
Mah nigga

I was too busy shitting on Garth Ennis to bother recommending anything.

Sandman by Neil Gaimen was really good, even if the art occasionally shits the bed. American Gods is very similar and also really good.

The DnD comic is surprisingly good. Unfortunately it was axed before it wrapped up satisfactorily.

Some decent stuff in here, I would add
Stand Still Stay Silent, which is probably the best webcomic going right now.

>The DnD comic is surprisingly good.
Specifically, the one that came out around 4th, Fell's Five.
>starting with necromancer
Neuromancer

Pathfinder's pretty fun.

Not quite as good as DnD's Fell's Five but it's decidedly less cancelled and just finished it's fifth arc

Wizard's Soul - Koi no Seisen
>pic related

anybody got any good french sci fi and/or fantasy?

You can always spot a pleb by their opinion on Garth Ennis. If they think he's trash, that's a plebian. If they only know him from the Boys, that's a plebian. If they think the Boys was better than Hitman, that's a plebian.

Be informed and be aware.

And read Fury: My War Gone By

yeah Neuromancer, sorry about that its late and iv got necromancers on the brain.

was also going to suggest the fells five, shame it was canceled.

the shadows of the vampire comic is pretty good so far, granted its only up to issue three but im enjoying it.

>Start reading that because of this post
Holy shit, that girl is brutal and savage.

well since we got a topic up I figure Ill ask here

Remember a while back someone or someones made a Veeky Forums viewing chart? There was one for anime at the very least I remember. If you could post that Id appreciate it

>fuck berserk
>rat queens
Ur a fagot, fagot.

Within the first couple of pages he is fucking a and killing a demon at the same time. How is that a promise for low fantasy? Even the anime is high fantasy in the first episode. Are you retarded?

>Berserk told me it was going to be low fantasy

The FIRST CHAPTER has a succubus and a fairy. When did it tell you it would be low fantasy?

Don Quixote is surprisingly excellent material for a band of murderhobos.

The Worm Ouroboros is required reading for Veeky Forums high fantasy.

Alamut is excellent inspiration for fantasy villains.

Trigun is a pretty good showcase of how to do sandbox games well.

Spice and Wolf is a shitty anime/manga/LN series about basic economics and a stereotypical aguuu~ waifu and I love it.

Welcome to the NHK is mandatory reading if you want to understand your fellow players.
>One of the darkest, most horrifying and most beautiful comics ever
user, I like Shigurui too, but you're selling it just a bit too highly.

The Redeemer (about 40k Necromunda zealot leader, magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5E7F57E2DC1EA2C37C007BCC51AF23DD0E25BFFD&dn=Warhammer%2040k%20-%20Necromunda%20Comic%20-%20The%20Redeemer%20by%20Pat%20Mills%20%26%20Debbie%20Gallagher%20%26%20Wayne%20Reynolds&tr=%2audp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.istole.it%3a80%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker.ex.ua%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ex.ua%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.com%3a2780%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fbt.home-ix.ru.nyud.net%2fannounce)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (bato.to/group/_/j/jojos-colored-adventure-r4277)
Fell's Five
Tales from the Ten-Tailed Cat (Warhamer Fantasy short stories)

Couldn't agree more with stormlight archives

>Moorcock

Huh, that's he's actual name.

Any news on volume 3+ of Quick Start?

Low fantasy can have succubus and fairies.

Also iirc after that it was a huge magical dry spell full of "real world" shit.

>low fantasy can't fuck and kill demons

Yes it can.

>The Low Life
Truly a Cit of wealth and taste.

>Gunka no Baltzar
>Koukoku no Shugosha