Which historical figures would you play traditional games with?

Which historical figures would you play traditional games with?

Prince, James Brown, Michael Jackson

Jane Eyre, David Bowie, Robin Williams

The only girl I've ever loved, was born with roses in her eyes.

qt/10

Hitler, Gandhi, and Nietzsche

Sun Tzu, Clausewitz, Machiavelli.
in the same game

>LG, LN, CN

Is there a limit to how many people we can have? I'd have all of those guys above, as well as Vlad the Impaler, Hitler, Joan of Arc, Alexander the Great, Jullius Caesar, and Saladin.

Tesla, Sir Isaac Brock, Harald Hardrada.

We'd play Rules Cyclopedia and the GM would be Sir Christopher Lee.

Helen of Troy, Cleopatra, and Grace O'malley.

So I could watch the catfight.

But then they buried her alive, one evening, nineteen forty five

Artemesia I of Caria
Baron von Ungern-Sternberg
Otto Skorzeny
Ching Shih
St. Olga of Kiev

This will be the best murderhobo adventure ever.

Catherine the great, the trung sisters, Gengis

Or take a pharaoh, a Maya and a chinese emperor and make then play with pieces that represenf their people. I wonder what bulshit would happen.

Jesus, Ghandi, and bhudda.

I just want to see what three peace and loving historical figures would do when stuck in a room with 3 other people and nobody speaks the same language.

I'm thinking Sun Yat Sen, Zheng He, Tamerlane, Catherine the Great, maybe Hypatia if she promises to not be a bitch.

>they all speak the universal language of games
I'm pretty sure I've seen this chinese cartoon. Being able to transcend all communication barriers if you're saying it in the context of RP might be a cool idea.

>maybe Hypatia if she promises to not be a bitch

What mode of being is this? Surely not bitch.

H.G. Wells just to show him how far war games have gone. And to ask him about that Fabian Society stuff.

This is the conduct of someone who would let the party die just to prove a point.

nice b8 m8, i think it's accepted that Hitler was lawful neutral, and Gandhi would probably be neutral good.

Monopoly with Karl Marx for that easy win

Mel Gibson and Mel Brooks.

no matter what happens it should be very entertaining

>not playing truth or dare with Machiavelli

>not playing truth or dare with Freud

he'd just ask if you want to fuck your mom

I'd play Minecraft with Frued.

>Freud, why do you always ask people if they want to fuck their mothers?
>Do...do you want to fuck your mom?

d-delete this
DELET

Hirohito

Dante Alighieri best GM

Don't you mean Virgil?

That's not how you spell Homer

I'd just want to play with some famous playwrights. Shakespeare for instance. Surely if anyone can come up with compelling characters it'd be people whose job it was.

Mandatory campaign supplement

Napoleon, Rommel, Eisenhower and Zhukov

H.G. Wells will be the GM

The match would end up becoming the War & Peace of wargaming or it would be over very, very quick.

eisenhower? really? Of the four you listed only Napoleon is really a grand strategist, rommel is tactics, zhukov is a bigger hammer general and eisenhower went from staff rank to diplomancing, nowhere along the line did he shine as a combat general.

Actually, that would be a fairly effective team considering the wide variety of skills.

oh as a command team yeah, but the guy who listed them referred to it as a match, i.e. opposing them.

chess with sun tzu
poker with Machiavelli
liars dice with Julius
DnD with Ivan the terrible, joan of arc, Lu Bu Aristotle, and Plato

Oscar Wilde, Marcus Aurelius, maybe Murasaki Shikibu.

Only faggots don't appreciate extra lube.

I get the feeling Oscar and Marcus wouldn't get along too well.

I'd play a few games with Otto Skorzeny, Theodore Roosevelt, and Odysseus. It'd be so manly, it'd be glorious. Oh, and Nicholas Cage can GM.

Hell, Eisenhower should be the DM. Throw Alexander and maybe Cyrus or Darius in as players. Give him a real test at wrangling egomanical lunatics into co-ordinated action.

Solon (638-558 BC), Sir Robert Cecil (1st Earl of Salisbury), Flaubert and Terry Pratchett.

>oscar wilde thinks marcus aurelius is boring and complacent
>marcus aurelius thinks oscar wilde is your typical autofellating roman aristocrat
I could see it

Belisarius

Diplomacy with Bismarck, Machiavelli, Kissinger, Napoleon, Sun Tzu, and Robert E Lee

Yi Sun Sin, Hannibal & Louis XIV in a game of rogue trader.

>Lu Bu Aristotle

>the dual wielding philosopher

Surely you mean Emily Brontë.

Gandhi was a racist, misogynist prick.

Sadly he is no longer a knight. The title dies with the bearer.

Alexander the Great, Napoleon, Hitler, Genghis Khan. Let's see how much of the fantasy world we can take over and rape
Alternatively
The voice actors for Scooby Doo in a game run by Alfred Hitchcock.

George Washington, William T. Sherman, Theodore Roosevelt, and Ben Franklin.

i like the way you think.

>hard mode
Play OWoD
>chaos mode
play Eclipse Phase
>god mode
play ASoIaF RPG or Courtly L5R.....

J. Robert Oppenheimer, Lt Col Jack Churchill, Carl Sagan and myself playing DnD with ADM Hyman G. Rickover as DM.

Hannibal, Scipio and Alexander. Only War

try this:

Napoleon, Zhuge Liang, Tecumseh Sherman, Giap, Guderian, Gustav Adolph

RPG campaign or wargame campaign, it would be epic and brutal....

David Bowie, Prince, Jimmy Hendrix, Kurt Cobain
All bard party coming through

>there are enough drugs at that table to kill the elephants in Africa
>all of them

Carl Sagan, Douglas Adams, and Ray Bradbury running a game of Traveller.

that's just an added bonus

manly?

Otto Skorzeny? Check
Ted Roosevelt? Check
...let's no go mythical.

Adrian Carton de Wiart,
Jim Bowie
Jack Churchill
Christopher Lee, no bullshit,

and i'd love to add weebs, but they too often do things not so manly.

Diogenes of Sinope, Socrates and Alexander the Great.

I know who That Guy will be.

diogenes on an adventure is basicly every time i play a mercenary. like making fun of the over-the-top architecture and names in the setting , including guessing the possible former use of the dungeon from its ridiculous layout, and why there are traps everywhere.

or loudly thinking of reasons why i might chose to be an adventurer when i already could live a comfy live and have a family

Andrew Jackson
Ghandi
Maclom X
Otto Von Bismarck

I'd lock her up in my attic if you know what I mean

Henry Darger

Deng Xiaoping
John Paul II
Ingmar Bergman
Werner Herzog
Krzysztof Kieslowski

Can't fucking decide who I want as a GM, but we'd be playing Vampire: the Masquerade or Dark Heresy.

That's not correct, it's not a hereditary title like a Lordship but Christopher Lee, even the late Christopher Lee is still a knight.

If this man was GMing I'd hop on his wild ride in a heartbeat.

Napoleon Bonaparte, Otto von Bismarck and Julius Cesar cold make for an epic game of 'Risk'
(Freely inspired by Bill and Ted)

It'd be weird, and probably cross over to magical realm more than once, and I'd still be totally up for it.

I know what I said.

Moot.

Einstein, because he can come up with ridiculous schemes (he was really weird) and make them work. Machiavelli, to plot against NPCs and promote democracy (The Prince was a work of parody, pointing out how horrible you had to be to be a dictator). Ayn Rand to justify our actions, no matter how awful and Nietzsche, because he was the Ubermensch.

I know that's a valid point, but the group literally includes Hitler.

What you have to do, is do world building with them, H. G. Wells does the setting, Homer for the campaign, Lovecraft or some other writer for monsters, ect.

Plato would make a great neckbeard gm, also borges would be a good gm.

Nostradamus, Grigori Rasputin & the author of Voynich Manuscript

Oscar Wilde, Marquis de Sade & Augustus "Caligula" Germanicus

But you already have the author of the Voynich manuscript. In fact, you don't have anyone else.

Most of these historical figures would be That Guy.

I can only imagine what a clusterfuck it'd be playing with Alexander the Great.

>When he isn't powergaming, he's drunkenly insulting the entire group and starting fights with his teammates

I'd love to play Call of Cthulhu with HP Lovecraft. Hell I'd play anything with Lovecraft, as long as he promises to tone it down about "the negros".

I always wondered what Lovecraft would have turned out like if he'd lived a longer life and carried on writingwould he have carried on mellowing out? Would he have combined his anglophilia with the mythos and made an awesome campaign setting where verbose Victorian supergents battle eldritch beasts?

>Giuseppe "charge!" Garibaldi as the tank
>Me as a fighter
>BRIAN BLESSED as the healer
>Max Planck as the mage
>Iron Duke, the Peacemaker as the buffer/commander
>Cândido "I never kill" Rondon as the ranger

>tfw

Marcus Aurelius, Hector of Troy, Orpheus, Galahad, Saladin

Step one, collect Joan of Arc, Saladin, Charlemagne, basically as many religious leaders as possible, make them play RaHoWa

D&D with the young Beatles

I'd play that.

Rommel would probably waste all of his resources and suck up to however would offer him the quickest route to power. He needs to learn a lot (he'll get quite a bit of experience from the other 3).

Zhukov knows when to exaggerate and has a good comprehension of combat but might need to learn a bit more.

Eisenhower's going to be a good face and leader, but he'll definitely be falling back on the other three.

Don't let Napoleon run away with his grand ideas. Keep him on the same leash as Rommel.

>play with historical figures
>none of them want to waste time playing fucking games when there's real adventure to be had
>sitting alone as forever NPC while they run amok in the modern day, altering history forever with pure will and charisma.

Finally and excuse to use images from God's Playing Poker.

>not going out and adventuring with them as they keep you around to help them acclimate and learn of the modern world and modern ideas

Bruh. You really would miss out on the ultimate adventure. You could be the token modernboo

doesn't matter who I play with I just want Jules Vern GMing

Is it bad I want to play a game run by that Dante, as an expy of the DMC Dante?

I can no longer remember which historical figures I would idolise and obsess over. In fact, I'm having troubles remembering many of the things I used to be passionate or knowledgeable about. I wasn't expecting this.