Powers for pain

Tell me about the worst Trauma you have ever experienced, when daddy touched you, when you overdosed, when you swam out too far and thought you'd never see the shore again.

I'll give you powers for your pain but its not all capes and sunshine, you'll find that powers never give more than they take, they might just break you further.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o8fJmpuPH7w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I found Veeky Forums. And I liked it.

I've had lots of sexual abuse, physical abuse, degradation, humiliation, drug-addiction, and self-abnegation.

Honestly? Worst thing I have ever experienced is a really-bad sun-burn.

That is the worst-thing-possible. When your chest turns into blisters that you have to scratch until the pop, and can't scratch if you want it to stop?

Every-single-bone in my right foot was smashed, when I was eleven-years-old. Literally all of them. That was a better feeling that the worst sunburn that I have ever had. I broke a metatarsal in my left foot, six months ago. Meh: I wore sandals. Stabbed in the arm? Ok-who-cares.

That fucking sunburn. Dude-bro. I was punching myself in the leg, over and over, for five hours, because I was trying to beat 30 seconds of not scratching my chest. It isn't even painful. I have no idea how to describe it. I was screaming and crying, and hitting myself in the leg. It was just this insanely-itchy thing, that made me think that physician-assisted-suicide was the best idea since water-slides.

Let's see. As a chemist and former bomb disposal tech I have been exposed to all kinds of shit.

Thermite shrapnel
Glacial acids
Lots of mercury and broken glass
Molten salts

But the worst would probably have to be straight elemental potassium on my skin. I didn't realize I had gotten a fine powder of it in the hair of my arm under my protective equipment and when I started sweating it started reacting. That shit burns when it reacts with water. I'm lucky the scarring is as minimal as it is.

You can enter and intangible, invisible state, in this state you feel euphoric, you can enter this state for 8 hours at a time but the more you sty in it the better you become at maintaining it.

Be careful, it can be addicting, you may disappear forever in your own euphoric heaven, like a happy ghost.

Hello, Skitter.

Physically, tooth ache for a few days. So bad I couldn't fall asleep for more than maybe a few minutes here and there. Instead I just did pushups and bit the inside of my mouth and similar to sort of divide my brain's attention. Later it turned out it was because some food was stuck in a cavity. If I just scraped it out...

Emotionally, it was when someone died. But I didn't really even cry about it for several years after it happened. The first and only time was once on a very early morning before dawn when I was walking home really drunk, and I just detoured to the grave instead of going home. Hope nobody saw me, but who knows. I remember a few hours later I was in another bar close to my home and the waitress was giving me worried looks. It was like 8 in the morning by then.

you can turn any liquid within line of sight into a powerful acid, you are also immune to this and all other forms of acid.

ya got me, im trying to farm some npc's for a weaver dice game.

Woohoo. The time is getting closer.

youtube.com/watch?v=o8fJmpuPH7w

I can't really think of anything incredibly bad that has happened to me, just the normal shit that you get every day. All in all, I think I'm a pretty lucky guy.

You can induce crippling sadness in others(30 foot range) people more used to sadness can fight off this mental attack more easily, the more sadness you've given out the more clear your mind becomes resulting in minor super intelligence at the high end.

That's very depressing I guess.

I was at death's door for a week when I was a kid. I don't know what, but I had contracted an illness, and it got so bad that I was in a coma for four days of that week. My immune system has never fully recovered - I get sick much, much easier than other people, and I'm not sure what but something about my gastrointestinal system is messed up. I don't really remember anything about it, because I was really quite young, but it must have been a terrible experience since I nearly died from it.

Emotionally, the worst trauma I ever experienced was when my cat died right in my arms. I rescued him from the streets when he was a kitten - he was almost dead, and swarmed by thousands of fucking fleas (bloodsucking sons of bitches). I nursed him back to health, stayed with him most of my childhood, and I can say with certainty that he was the thing I was most attached to. Not my family, not a girlfriend or anything, him. I miss him, even to this day.

I was hit by a car going at 40 mph while I was on a bike. I feel that 'I' died that day, because I haven't acted the same since then. I've examined my current behavior compared to my previous behavior thoroughly, and it's like I'm an entirely different person. The previous me was selfish, angry, petulant, practically autistic. I'm much more reasonable and calm now, and I feel like it's actually much easier to learn things and pay attention. I had ADHD before, but these days I show none of the symptoms for it.

Did I die?

when i was in the military i was stressed to the point where i nearly killed myself despite the fact that i was never in any life threatening or combat situations, which honestly makes me feel kind of shitty since i know lots of other military members have it MUCH worse and still do better than me

You have the ability to place a mark on any living creature, this mark will turn that creature into the apex version of itself, putting it on a human would turn them into captain america with a brain that could match Stephens hawking, if the creature that is holding your "mark" dies you suffer severe mental backlash.

you can place more than one mark but the power gets divided by the number of recipients.

just mark yourself

Shit wrong tab

you have the ability to create 4 different clones, these clones can be imbued with different aspects of your personally, though you will lose that trait for as long as a clone is carrying it.

a clone getting killed causes severe metal and physical pain.

My finger-nails and toe-nails grow at fucked up angles and turn the flesh around them into repugnant, ulcerated, necrotic uncooked bacon which hurts to touch.
I fixed one of these nails up just last week by rubber-banding my finger, icing the area and cutting a chunk of the flesh off, so I could get underneath and cut the nail to go straight.No infection, but plenty of blood.

My teeth are in a similar, sorry situation. plenty of holes, the wisdom teeth at the back are shattered and broken into sharpish points, and are only painful like once a week now.

I watched my grandfather waste away over eight years from Alzheimer's. This man was the most vibrant and enthusiastic person I had ever known and was the lynchpin that held our family together. We would travel all over the world on his dime to see the whole extended family together. His wife died when he was only thirty and left him a single father with four kids in a time when such a thing was unheard of. He had made a small fortune from his role in pioneering the travel industry but he spent it all just keeping all of his kids and their families together. All that mattered to him was making memories with his family who he loved more than anything. And to see him slowly lose everything he loved and the way it destroyed all our families to lose him...

Now we are all fragmented all over the country. We try to get together every once in a while in his honor bits its just not the same. And now my father was just diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's...

Incredibly useful.
Is a trait lost permanently if a clone is killed with it?

I was stabbed about 4 times in a parking lot while leaving work. I drove myself to the hospital at around 11 at night and proceeded to black out once I finally got some help.

I've got no specific trauma, but I hate myself more than anyone else I know personally. Does that count? And once I got sun poisoning on both by shoulders, I'm still missing a layer of skin there, I think.

you have the ability to regenerate, at a slow rate, stitching together bullet woulds in an hour or 2, the parts that regrow are always improved(harder sharper fingernails, teeth, better vision)

I've stubbed my toe before.

Sun poisoning? The fuck?

yes
you can place are "mark" on someone and reset them to the point they where at when you placed the mark on them, this can be used to cure woulds, erase memorys or teleport people, you can not use it on yourself.

you can blow yourself up at will, you always reform in the place where you first got your power after about 5 hours, dont let anyone find out where you reform.

your omnipotent

I once was a method actor in a star role for a tragedy play. In order to perform a certain scene I had to force myself into an emotional state where suicide is an appealing option. I performed 65 shows this way before I had to stop due to my body deteriorating from the stress.

Basically sun burn X20. You know those picture of a super dry desert, where all the dirt is cracked apart? That was my skin. And I could feel it for a solid week. Sleeping was a bitch, but not overly terribly if you can grit through the pain. The moral of the story is: where sunscreen in Florida kiddo's, cause Sol will fuck you up if you don't.

Well shit. What magnitude explosion? Can I take out skyscrapers?

Hoho. I'll make and kill clones with aspects of myself that I hate. So what if it causes me intense, unbearable pain and anguish? In the end, I can mold myself in the perfect kind of person. Ambitious, one who never gets lazy, one who doesn't get depressed, someone who doesn't give up when things are rough.

The road to perfection is paved in self-sacrifice anyways.

Be careful. That's how you get Crawler

>your omnipotent
his omnipotent what?

I survived putting a bullet through my head.

you can control the automatic prosses of your body, this allows you to do things like release adrenaline or turn off your pain receptors, and allows you to gain the body of an Olympian with just a tiny fraction of the training.

Sounds like you realized life is too brief and random to spend it being the worst version of yourself.

not a skyscraper, but you could destroy a smaller building if you explode in the right spot.
The longer you watch someone the more you learn about them, and the more you start to resemble them in terms of looks attitude and even powers, as you take on the traits of other people you start to forget the person you originally where. try to hang wityh people who are a good influence.
his dong.

When I was like six my parents were too poor to afford hospital bills so when I told them my butt hurt they told me to stay quiet. Well it got worse and worse until my father and two older brothers had to hold me down while my mother went in with tweezers and pulled out a two-inch long object that looked like a miniature pine cone out of my asshole. It took a solid fifteen minutes and I was screaming at the top of my lungs for every second of it begging them to stop and how much it hurt. I can still remember repeatedly yelling "IM BLEEDING" during the last few minutes when it was finally starting to move.

Why did you have a pine cone shoved up your ass, user?

Well, OP, if we're doing this, we're going to do it right.

I found 'the one'
The perfect girl, who I loved entirely and who, I'd like to think, felt the same about me.
She had a degenerative neurological disease and rejected me because she didn't want me to miss her when she died.
It didn't stop me.

I'm going to judge you most harshly if you give me a lame power after I've shared something so scarring.

I don't know. Neither did my parents. Might have been a bloated parasite.

need more info otherwise you just get a generic durability power.

you have the power of persuasion, people always seem to believe you, the catch, the more pain you are in the more extravagant the lies you can get away with.

Are you still butthurt about it?
I'm so sorry, I couldn't not. I hope you're okay now.

Suicide attempt that failed. It went harmlessly through the middle.

You basically just went from 'generic durability' to 'generic phasing'
There's gotta be juicy context to it, at least. C'mon, dig deep.
We're talking about the worst parts of our selves and lives here, don't be stingy.

It might have been a particularly hard and pointy turd. Had that problem as a child myself, but because my parents weren't poor, mom just gave me a stool-softening suppository. Never been happier to have the shits.

When I was 14-15 I was attacked by a pack of coyotes. I don't know if they were starved or I was encroaching on a den or something but those fuckers were vicious. Had a squad car not been passing by I would have been a lot worse for wear.

Apparently I was much happier as a kid before then. Since I've become more aggravating and hot tempered. Guess childhood trauma affecting you really isn't hogwash.

Not so sure I'd get anything that's not Thinker or Tinker flavored, but fuck it.

For the past few years my parents and sister are always yelling at one another over the most petty, meaningless shit. Some days I just hear them talk normally to one another and I get on edge, expecting a fight to break out at any second.

Not to mention my mom's more or less a cripple and NEEDS to take it easy but always refuses, and keeps falling down because of it.

you can "infect" people with vastly accelerated neurological conditions(the condition is random) they stop exhibiting the condition after being out of your presence for a few hours.

if they stay in your presence for a few days they will start to take on the apearance and mannerisms of that girl you miss oh so much.

none of the pretenders will like you either.

I've never really hard any great pains, or grand anguish. My deal has always been small, but persistent. A gnawing existential dread that nothing I do will matter in the end. It's edgy, sure, and it's definitely due to a pseudo-nihilistic outlook on life. I know that the world will eventually end, as will the entire universe, and everything within it - it goes without saying, then, that all of human effort would end up being pointless since we're just going to get wiped out along with everything else when the time comes, if not sooner.

I find myself lacking motivation to do anything with my life. I'm not suicidal, but I'm never really happy. I'm neutral, and content with that - I just wish I could have ambition for once, and that the shit I do would actually matter.

It's been like this for 15 years, give or take. 15 years of this nonstop depression. I genuinely wish I was more ignorant, maybe then I could be happy.

you can generate a force field around you and designate, what can pass through, it can be as vague as"only woman" or as specific as " only animals under 45 pounds"

this field can still be broken with enough force.

When I was little, like 3-4 years old little, someone tried to kidnap me in disneyworld. Just little old me saw something and walked towards it away from my family and when I turned around they were gone. Then some guy grabbed my hand and started leading me away, but I think a woman confronted him because someone bought me a cookie (which was like the size of my head at that age) and I was soon reunited with my crying and panicked parents.

More recently? Fell off of a canoe a good distance from the beach during jellyfish season. This was the kind of big bulky canoes you can't flip back over and climb in once it flips. I had to swim 100 yards towing a water filled canoe through jellyfish infested waters. These jelly fish were so numerous you couldn't find a 4-foot circle of water without seeing one on the surface, never mind the ones deeper underwater. My body was burning with so many stings that when I got onto the sand all I could do was fall down and wail, waiting for my friends to answer my screaming.

I had heat stroke and almost died the other day. Didn't take water with me on what I thought would be a quick 10 minute trip. Luckily it started to rain as I started to black out.
I'd rather lose a foot than experience that shit again. I have marks on my shoulders and back from the blisters still.
Jesus fucking Christ
The thought of a pine cone sized parasite living in my asshole is going to freak me out tonight.

Judging you most harshly because you managed to misunderstand a simple description.
Time. The answer was the power to jump backward and try to make things better--except that thing. There's no way to undo the worst thing that's ever happened to me.

I'm amazed that you can somehow be bad at a kind of thread you invented.

you can release an aura extending 15 feet in all directions from you, in this aura violence or hostility is punished by a large crushing "force" you are not exempt from this force.

THAT'S A LOT OF NEUROTOXIN.

have you never read worm(the setting this thread is based on)? you dont get the power that you want, you get a cruel mockery of your trauma.

Did one of your friends piss on you? He's not a real friend unless he pisses on you after something like that.

Well i have major depression with anxiety, and dependent personality disorder. Basically i feel worthless and unable take care of myself. So i cling to other people, usually romantic partners, in the hopes that making them happy will make me feel like my life has value, and that they'll take care of and provide for me. If there are difficulties in relationships, my first instinct is to become more submissive, to try to be more pleasing, to accept blame for everything. There have been instances where i've literally begged someone to hit me, because i couldn't stand to see them mad, i couldn't figure out what else to do to make it better, and i thought it was my fault anyway.

This has lead to some abusive situations, though because i'm apparently a very lucky bitch, it's not been nearly as bad as it could have. Nobody's ever hit me hard enough to cause serious injury, or even noticeable bruising, and i was only raped that one time. Even the emotional abuse hasn't been all that bad, just angry yelling and threats. Really the worst thing about it isn't the abuse itself, but the fact that part of me craves and enables it, and the knowledge that even knowing it's abuse won't protect me from it. Neglect is the worst thing ever for me, as i would rather be hurt by someone who cares for me than left alone to fend for myself. It's terrifying, but i can't help it.

I know.
The point is that the thing you mentioned isn't a mockery. It wouldn't even phase me.
Lots of people are like other people. Besides, having the power to poison people with my mind would be lame because it'd either be realistically slow (useless), so fast that it's too obvious to use (useless) or something entirely controlled (frustrating, requiring me to live as a hermit. I'd just sign up to live in a secure facility somewhere and be a human passive deterrent. Basically living for free at that point.)

A mockery only works if it hurts you, and that is what would hurt me most. The ability to make everything else great, but never being able to take away that one thing that will always bother me, and always hurt.

You gotta dig INTO the trauma, man.
The part you misunderstood is important.
It's not that she didn't love me that hurts still.
It's that she did.

you can teleport, the more water there is between you and your destination the quicker the jump, you can go from the coat of california to the bank of a river in russia instantly but teleporting to the middle of a city would take a few minutes, unless you could trace a river.

>and i was only raped that one time

Yeah. On my leg, which left the other 80% of my sting-covered body in pain and the stinging in the part he peed on was only weaker. It's even worse when you have to have one of your friends pisson your screaming body to lessen the torture. The other two already pissed making circles in the sand.

He's traumatized by stinging pain and poison, not water.
Plus, even if you WERE afraid of water, 'teleport nearish water' is not that scary because you don't have to spend more than a second or two in it.

Instead, it'd be better to give the ability arbitrary backlash.
'You can sting people with just a touch, like an extremely severe jellyfish sting--but you feel it too.'

Still useful, but more thematic, and there's an element of reliving the worst moment of your life. Forever. Any time you use it.

Was it really that painful?
I get cluster headaches and they're often called something like 'the most painful thing ever' and so on, so I have an insanely high pain tolerance already and I'm having trouble contextualizing this.

My gut reaction is "This guy is saying he had to hurt really bad one time... So what?"
I'm trying to grok your situation but failing.

you can make people see you as the person they love the most, this illusion can be broken if you slip up too many times, you have to consciously suppress this ability.

i decied to give him a mover power, so he can avoid danger, like jellyfish.

if watching the people around you become dime store replicas of the person you loved most in your life does not phase you then, I think you are lying, with this power you never get to forget her, anytime you set down roots, there she is.

For someone who has a dependence-type disorder, that power is 100% a blessing, and not a curse at all. No downside.

I'm trying really hard not to heckle you here, but it seems like you're missing the point in everything you respond to. Like you don't know the parts that are traumatic even when it's plainly stated and such.

You know when you get a really bad sunburn and then someone decides to hit it? Think that spike of pain except covering a majority of the body and the poison really hampers muscle movement so that's probably why he fell down.

I imagine it was a neurotoxin, which injects into your nerves and facefucks them. So it's like having absolute sensory overload in your pain receptors.

>Took quite a large amount of speed
>Dance for fucking ages
>Get told I'm sweating far too much
>Heart beating like fucking crazy
>JESUS CHRIST MY HEART
>Walk to bar to calm down
>Try to stop heart beating so loud
>Trip and land on my wrist
>Break wrist
>Have to go to hospital wired to fuck on speed
>Have to stay for a while
>lie awake all night
>Discover god and hope they don't work out how tweaked I am
>Don't sleep at all while in hospital
>Stay there for two days
>Have to pretend to sleep

Most every bad thing in my life just pissed me off.

Ehhh, I guess getting a toenail removed was the worst thing. Took two full needles of anesthesia and I still felt most of the damn thing. Doc was a prick who was talking on his cell during most of it. Lordy lordy that hurt like hell.

Everyone always sees you as the person they like most, you get swarmed by people thinking you are a dead relative or the husband who is away at war, you cant choose who sees you, it is either on or off.

This user would be hard to make a power for, I've got zero ideas rolling around in my head

That still doesn't really sound that bad to me, though.
I feel like that would be frustrating and all, but I can't grasp intuitively the problem with it.

That's basically what a cluster headache is--maxed out nerves, I mean.
It happens all the time, so I can't grasp why it's a trauma.

It's simple.

You get the power of knowledge and prophecy.
It doesn't really change anything--just makes it all the more pressing and real.
No matter how useful it is in the moment, looking forward, it only proves it's pointless.
Good luck.

I was mugged once. Wasn't too bad by all accounts (just got my phone stolen) but still was pretty scarring for my high school self.

Also got beat up and bullied a lot in middle school and elementary.

That honestly just sounds like an ordinary bad experience rather than a trauma.
If we follow the level of trauma = degree of power thought, you'd probably get something really mild but with no particularly awful backlash.

Like... a danger sense, but it's universal, so general bad events in the world around you will always mildly annoy/bother you, and like any other sense it'll only help you if you're paying attention with it and there's some actual danger to sense.

Girlfriend was in a weird mood, she wanted to try something different, but she couldn't get off, and she was getting very frustrated. Being very stubborn she kept trying it, over and over again, so i was starting to feel sore, and anxious, and scared. Slowly i stopped verbalizing, or moving, just laid there quietly and let her do as she wanted.

Then she stopped and went back to her computer for a bit, and i thought she was done. She hadn't dismissed me though, so it took me a while to get the courage to try to grab my clothes and leave. As i bolted for the door, she jumped out of her chair, grabbed me, and threw me back on the bed, then started again. The rest of it i spent just lying quiet and motionless while trying not to cry. Once she let me go i ran out of there, got dressed, and then kept running down the street until i ran out of breath.

Afterward i walked back and convinced myself it wasn't a big deal, and that it was just a one off, and it wouldn't happen again. And indeed she never did it again. Honestly i didn't think of it as rape until years later when my Boyfriend told me that's what it was, because my attempting to leave the room was a clear withdrawing of consent.

Jesus Christ, that's not a power with ironic downsides, it's just a curse. It would be more appropriate if it was something like people would see me as their ideal romantic partner. Because i would get what i want most, for people to love me and want to take care of me, wrapped up in the despair of knowing that they never love the real me.

you can swap physical and emotional pain, you can forget the girl who broke your heart or the time your dad told you no one would ever love you but your bones will crack and your skin will tear and bleed, vis versa, you can heal yourself at the cost of intense metal agony, this power works on other people as well.

(went with the bullying as a mugging where you did not even get beat is boring)

its useful in one on one situations or when you know a group all care about the same person, get creative.

I suffered a tibia plateau fracture, severed all my ligaments and nearly died from a staph infect as a result of the first surgery

I vividly remember the pain of the metal rods tearing my thigh apart. It was like someone was stabbing a soldering iron to my flesh. While I was delirious from a dangerously high fever in the hospital, and yet every nurse and doctor told me I was fine and that I simply had pneumonia. A day later an infectious disease doctor visited me and broke the news about the MRSA that had afflicted one of my pin sites. They wanted to put a permanent tube in my body to help combat it, directly into my chest. Only an hour after that the trauma surgeon that had originally installed the fixator visited me and promised me that he could save me and my leg, but I had to trust him with impunity and sign away any malpractice claims.

My life or my leg. I was forced to make this decision that fateful day. It was the hardest time I've ever been through in my entire life. After four years and five surgeries, I still cannot fully walk....

So what's my power?

I had a gas can explode on me while trying to do a controlled burn. Some fuck left his 4-wheeler gas cans on our trail through planted timber.

He hid it near an old well that I was trying to keep the fire away from. Knocked me out into more fire, embedded plastic shards into my back and the back of my head and left me with no leg hair to this day, 8 years later. 2nd and third degree burns on my hands, face and legs.

You... you do realize that most guys are into that sort of thing, right?
I mean, that doesn't necessarily make it okay, but it sounds more like she misunderstood you as 'getting bored and going to do something else' instead of 'actively upset and want to stop'

If you had just said 'okay hold up I need to rest for a bit, dick is raw' you'd probably not have had any problems.

Sounds to me like you should consider therapy and work on your issue with just... speaking up.

and also leave the sexually aggressive girls for those of us who like that sort of thing.

I doubt it was anons' dick that was sore.

When I was about 11 I thought was gonna have to testify about being molested when I was little (

you can absorb metal to regenerate and gain a temporary boost to strength and speed, if you dont absorb your weight in metal every 24 hours your body deteriorates to your pre powered state.

Well, it's simple.
You'll have the power of absolute capability. You can do anything you want, even fixing your weaknesses--and not just the ones related to walking.

The problem is, it's temporary.
Except, of course from the people you steal them from. They'll always end up just a little less... never fully back to 100% where they were before, even after they recover from what you 'borrowed'

If you took their ability to walk normally, they'll end up just a little bit like how you are now--and all so you could feel back to the way things were, for just a few hours.

I mean, you could choose not to use it, I suppose, but then you've got to justify to yourself the fact that you could have everything you ever wanted and more--take talents from all the best and brightest and use them to do whatever you need done--but you'll have to live with the permanent damage done, for the rest of your life.

Oh, look. It's me. Hello, me. How are you today.

The question is funny because the answer never changes.

Once hopped a fence in a construction area and landed on some nails. Had to walk a block and a walk with a chunk of wood stuck to my heel by two carpenter nails. Then surprise! I was over due for my tetanus shot.

Why would you try and do a controlled burn on a potentially hazardous substance instead of calling the city and say "Yeah some fucker illegally dumped shit on my property, bring the EPA in to clean it up before it poisons the environment or kills somebody. You get paid from my taxes, fuck off."

Anyway you have the power to blow shit up with your mind. Try not to hurt yourself.

fire has the opposite effect on you, healing rather than burning, you can cloak yourself in fire by excreting a substance that catches fire when it leaves your body., you can also throw this fire by slinging the liquid with your hands.

Hey, I watched Boku no Hero Academia too!

Cool, I already have a name picked out

Oxida King

almost worth the pain of reliving the pain again

It's interesting that you both were close in concept

>being retarded
He was doing a controlled burn of the forest to clear out the underbrush when he abruptly and violently discovered that the underbrush was hiding gas.

Why method?

I've never even been able to work method. I just try and understand the character, design his interactions with the scene, and turn the character 'on'. Trying to 'be' a character has never worked for me, ever. No amount of trying made a difference. I have to assume it's a mindset thing.

Worm, the setting this thread is based on has certain rules for powers, your trauma lends itself towards that kind of power.