Link to Codices and shit: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!FcgGjS5C

Orks I2 and stuff..

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
belloflostsouls.net/2016/08/breaking-new-40k-necron-faq.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You forgot literally all of the fucking links.

Copy pasted links edition.

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

I didn't forget them, I just never had them in the first place

what motivates your guys? why do they fight in the grim darkness?
My SM fight for redemption from their past
My eldar fought (sold them) to survive
My CSM fight to save mankind through the blessing of Nurgled
And my orks fight because the fightin's Good

My dudes are motivated by an intense desire to find METAL GEARS. Even though they don't know what the fuck a metal gear is, but their batshit insane captain constantly goes on infinitely long rants about them. In fact, METAL GEARS probably don't even exist, but that doesn't stop them from trying. So far the closest thing would be them rending wraithknights and stormsurges to death.

Other than that, constant one-upsmanship on trying to Out-BEEKIE everyone else, usually by being more of an operator who operates operationally than the other operators who operate operationally.

My orks became depressed and hopeless after being on a years long losing streak, so they began to worship nurgle. I used green stuff to put rot on them and made them have awful rashes and scabs

pics? sounds pretty Savage

Well I've only recently decided to make my own Blood Angels descendant chapter using the regular SM codex instead of the Blood Angels codex. I guess they fight for the survival of mankind and to eventually be free of The Flaw. I haven't decided on a name but for now I am calling them The Angels Ascendant. I'm still figuring out the "how" but my chapter will have reduced occurrences of the Black Rage and Red Thirst. Due to this increased tranquility and focus, they are excellent marksmen (I'll be using the Imperial Fists chapter tactics since I prefer ranged combat over melee). As they are still the sons of Sanguinius, even with their resistance to the Black Rage many still succumb. As such I plan on having an allied detachment of mainly, if not exclusively, Death Company.

I'm considering building a nightlords kill team. Does any one have any good Night lords art that doesn't have the stupid bat wings bullshit? I'm reading the novels and each dude has his helmet painted to look menacing and is looting shit, not strapping huge McDonalds style shit to their ears.

Has any one ever seen a Chaos looters army? There is a scene where Tzeench appears as a Space marine wearing a guy's power armour. The vision shows all the parts unpainted so it's a hodge podge of colours. I thought this would make an amazing looking army or kill team if someone did a Tzeench themed looters army.

So I believe there's a rule where if you inflict a wound with 2x the strength of a model's toughness the wound gains Instant Death but if I'm not mistaken Strength caps at 10 correct? Does that mean that rule only applies to models with a toughness of 5 and below? Or would say getting punched in the dick by a Dreadnought's S6 2x power fist still be able to Instant Death a model with toughness 6?

Only T5 and below can be doubled out.

>if you inflict a wound with 2x the strength of a model's toughness the wound gains Instant Death
Correct.
> Strength caps at 10 correct
Correct.

Lore question.

What is the meaning of the legband?

All of the Vanguard Veterans have them as well as a few Blood Angels tac marines, Death Company, and one Sanguinary Guard. I looked through honour badges but I don't see it discussed anywhere.

Ah okay, thank you. So I guess one sneaky way of killing a tough creature with a lot of wounds is with a Librarian's Force weapon correct? Would that potentially be able to kill say.. a full health GUO with a lucky wound?

which day do we usually get rumors? It's been a dry season and I'm hoping for a new Calth box to bring me back to life.

Some space marines develop explosive thigh and their force can only be contained with adamantium bands.

>New Cron faq
>Wraiths are affected by the charge through cover penalty
>despite having MtC
Sigh

Glad i've swapped to AoS desu

>Wraiths are affected by the charge through cover penalty, despite having MtC.
This was rationalized how?

belloflostsouls.net/2016/08/breaking-new-40k-necron-faq.html
>Gw's fw

Not any worse than saying you can reembark onto a night scythe.

COMBINED
ADMECH
CODEX

I want

PLASTIC
ELDAR
CORSAIRS

or

FENRIS
PART
TWO (feat toys for Grey Knights, Guard, Dark Angels, Chaos, and a Xeno faction that decides to join in on the fun)

That is entirely the point of force weapons. Do be wary of dudes with eternal warrior though; they can't be instant killed.

And characters can get into ghost arks

There wasn't anything stopping them before.

Thanks for the link.

I could see the charge penalty being applied by ruling that wraithflight only works in the movement phase, but the very next answer in the FAQ states that wraithflight works in all phases. It's like the FAQ writer didn't even read the damn rule he was FAQing.

>It's like the FAQ writer didn't even read the damn rule he was FAQing.
GW's Crunch team in a sentence

Another instance of their incompetence, refusing to acknowledge the typo in Haemoculus Covens regarding Orbs of Despair being S10 in older versions, then suddenly S1 in the newest one.

I am just waiting for the new Imperial Armour. Each day I wake up, check my phone for rumors, then go back to sleep for another hour. One day I will wake up to the glorious new additions to my army.

Hell, I would kill just to know the units it will contain so I can start buying and painting now.

i actually have chaos orks like the other guy
they razed so much on an eldar planet (because goddamn do i hate eldar) that khorne showed up, they kicked the daemon's asses, went into the warp doom style, kicked more daemon ass, and marched out with daemons at their side
super "mary sue" but i don't give a fuck i love them
i painted them red with a green glow effect on their eyes and play them with bloodletters and skull cannons in casual games

My Tau are just part of the Tau's bastardization of the EPA and are meant to protect the scientists deploying WIP Terraforming methods.

My guard fight because it is the only escape from a life of crippling poverty and backbreaking manual labour on their feudal homeworld. They fight because they have been shown the horrors that not fighting can wreak upon humankind. They fight because it is their duty, for King, Planet, and Emperor.

My Space Marines fight because it is what they are born to do, it is their lot in life. They fight because it is what they are good at, and because they have witnessed the failure of diplomacy. They fight in the Emperor's name because, in the words of their Primarch: "For the noblest of goals one must sometimes commit ignoble acts."

Yeah I immediately went to check to see if a GUO had Eternal Warrior. I guess that's why I read Librarian Dreadnoughts can make good MC hunters. I'm getting all these ideas for shit I want to have now yet at $45~ a dreadnought I'm kind of hesitant.

Just play mechanicum. Much better army that doesn't have to rely on one gimmick formation to not be trash.

Boss NekkStompa fights places he keeps revisiting because he intercepts Imperial communications about Ork invasions that he doesn't understand were his own.

Ja'quen Oaep the Laughing Menace razes settlements of the living because his shiny skeleton troupes of hilarious performers and bug circus act bring agonizing smiles to everyone's lips and wrings screams of elation from everyone's open or disintegrated throats. He's just in it for the laughs. One minute, you're the deadliest, most valuable genehanced supersoldier in power armor ever known; the next, Ja'quen's daring sword-handlers are wearing your outer layers like a funeral shawl--they're a real cut-up, that bunch.

Apparently they don't even read there own faqs.

>mechanicum
>40k
30k gen is thataway--->

The initiative penalty doesn't change how the wraith moves though. They don't get a -2 charge distance but they do take the initiative penalty.

My tau want to exterminate humans as they see humans as a great threat since they fuel chaos
But unfortunately they have to deal with a grossly incompetent command structure which means most of them die every battle they just get resurrected after every battle via cloning and memory backups

I wish 40k was as fun as 30k.

I don't know if "mehreens: the mehreening" would be 'fun' but definitely throwing in solar auxilia, imperial cults and militia, mechanicum and daemons (as well as soon to be sisters of silence and custodes) certainly make it sort of interesting

Whats wrong with the legions?

So I'm trying to go from Blood Angels to regular Space Marines but I'm having some troubles with the detachments. For the Baal Strike Force in the Blood Angel codex I needed 1 HQ, 2 troops, and an elite so like.. 4 units. Unless I'm reading it incorrectly, for the Gladius Strike Force it appears I need a minimum of like 7 units. Como le fuck?

only one thing matters to the tyranid

CONSUME

the different legions have such wildly different playstyles due to their Legiones Astartes rules that you're sacrificing xenos races for a way more balanced game. power creep in 30k is way slower when they don't need OP formations/codexes to sell new models.

There wouldn't be any problem but the unique stuff like destroyers and assault marines to name a few are shit so it limits army diversity. To make things even worse certain legion special units are also trash. Calth also compounded the whole 'every army is the same comp' problem so it all leads to boring samey armies

Gladius is a decurion. A formation made of formations. Of course it requires more units.

You could just use CAD.

What's your Tyranid army's favorite flavor of biomass then?

The new red book fixed some of those issues. Assault Marines are very viable now.

Calth comp armies are cancer though.

so FW is saying deathwatch should generally be allowed to use FW space marine stuff for friendly games, and that an official document on the matter is coming.

I own a Deredeo dread I haven't painted at all yet, and it would fit pretty well with what I have in mind for deathwatch. from what I can tell the only actual changes between regular marine dreads and the DW dreads are the addition of mission tactics.

what other FW stuff would be interesting to use with DW and its unique style?

My Imperial Guard fight to protect the people of their sector. They are Cadian painted in a bloue-armor + grey-clothing scheme with Elysian rifles to create a more Police look then Military. Platoons are departments, Vets are SWAT, and Commissars are one day away from retirement.

Ah so that's what the fuck a decurion is. I currently only play against my friend and we don't really use objectives yet so a CAD is more or less useless except rerolling for warlord traits. I guess we'll just stick to unbound for now then, thanks for the information.

It's a battle-garter.

Only the Emperor himself may remove it.

basically mission tactics replaces chapter tactics

Can you turn a Space Marine into a Servitor?

In one of the HH novels a space marine passes as a servitor, so the AdMech presumably either has some way to augment the physiology of servitors to be or gets marine body parts somehow

The politically correct term is "Iron Hand".

It's M41 people!

maybe someone got tired of getting beaten up by wraiths and decided to nerf them softly, aren't they i2 anyway?

Whip coils boost them to five

i had my keeper get swarmed by wraiths before, it was a beating slaanesh would have been proud of

Just a rule question in general!

If I have a rule with the same name but from completely different sources and completely different effect. Do I use the latest version disregarding source? Example: GW releases a supplement with a rule that has the same name as one from a Forge-World supplement for my army, but the rules has different effects, do I use the latest posted version disregarding sources completely?

Or if I run a army from the forge-world supplement, do I use the rules from that book even tho GW has released a "newer version" of a rule with that name?

The name decurion comes from Necron book, as it was the first of these formation of formations. Just in case you're wondering. There are more decurions for marines in the Angels of Death book, you should check it out.

So I'm trying to figure out what I want to equip my Chapter Master with, this was my Blood Angels Captain but now that I'm doing Space Marines codex instead I feel like it has to look a bit more.. I don't know.. serious? I want him to be able to throw down in melee and take down daemons of Nurgle with relative ease but I feel like this model just doesn't cut it as the best my custom chapter can provide, ya know? I'm considering ripping the arm off of my Sanguinary Priest and slapping it on him instead and just saying it's the Teeth of Terra relic weapon and I guess adjust the pose of the power fist. However 25 points from the power fist and 35 points from the relic might make this guy one expensive mother fucker. Any suggestions?

Bolt pistol and Burning Blade.

Best beatstick characters live longest. Try Shield Eternal with power fist. You could add bike too for extra toughness.

>Any suggestions?
Yeah, librarians. get a chaptermaster with artificer armor and stormshield and either the burning blade or a thunderhammer, and get some libbys (depending on how competitive you're going for, a tiggy conclave should do, and a tiggy star would be extremely overkill and illegal of your using the FAQs already) to cast endurance and veil of time on him and watch as he takes on most everything.

*if you're

That would depend entirely on the rule in question.

Speaking of Veil of Time. We had a test game with my friend, his triptide and stormsurge vs Iron Hands command squad and smashfucker on bikes and conclave on bike. His whole army shoots at the star on first turn and one model died. It was hilarious. Veil of time can be broken as fuck. Didn't even need invisibility.

Entropic Strike from Fall of Orpheus vs Entropic Strike in Codex: Necron

That'd be the one in the codex then.

Yep. Had a game recently were my tiggy star (a chapter master with stormshield, burning blade and artificer armor, conclave with tigerius and 4 ML2 libbys with axes, command squad with standard of the emp ascedant and apothecary, and a base chaplain) rolled iron arm, warp speed, endurance, veil of time, prescience, earthblood and might of heroes.
Was playing against a warconvo, and, since we weren't using the FAQ yet, I was able to get all those powers off on tigerius, and charge straight into the knight and kill it with my 10 S:10 AP:2 at I:7 attacks before it could even do a wound. The entire next turn was spent having my opponent shooting everything at the deathstar, as the only two other units alive, my land raider and grav cents, were out of range, and not get a single wound on the deathstar. And this was a 2500 point game, and my opponent had a ton of units left.

Good times.

But why? What rules are there regarding this and where does it state?

Now ofcourse in fall of Orpheus it states that the rules in the supplement differs from Codex Necron and is intentional.

Fuck it, going to ask anyway

Are there any decent IRCs, steam groups, etc. to talk about 40k table top in? Forums are too slow, local group never talks except on facebook or in person, Veeky Forums is too shit-posty

never i have been so jealous of all the powers loyalists get, like holy hell

Sounds like fun. Can I do anything similar to that with Blood Angels and allies? I have a Captain I've made with a similar set up, and Dante as well.

Any space marine recruit that can't handle the augments, can't learn proper discipline, or fucks up in some way (at the sergeants discretion) is made into a servitor. They have plenty of them.

Not every failed recruit "dies."

What would be the cheapest purchase that comes with a storm shield? Do I scour ebay for some bits or just wait until I eventually buy something that has one? Even though I can't thin of any future purchases that might include a storm shield.. Tried hastily slapping on the priest's chainsword. Glad I didn't put much glue and can easily take that arm off with the slightest force cuz that shit don't look right

Because Orpheus is using rules from the 5-6e necron codex.

Vanguard veteran box has five. Though you might not need that one. If you know any local groups you could bit swap with them. I know some of that BA stuff is really wanted among regular SM players too.

>CSM
They are renegade pirates - still faithful to the emperor but with a hatred and loathing of the Imperium. They fight and steal both to get by and get back at the Imperium.

>Inq + MT
They hate the shit out of renegades and heretics, tracking them down and wiping them out. Well, that's the inquisitor anyway.

The MT just do what they're told. When they are done helping this inquisitor they will likely be redeployed.

>Kassen and Noble Flame

>The Noble Flame is an exceptional combat craft, blessed with one of the most advanced AI suites in the Tau Empire. Always inclined to trust his own instincts rather than the programming of his AI, however, Kassen has somewhat of a strained relationship with the craft's artificial sentience. Even though he regularly overrides the targeting protocols or frostily ignoring its strategic advice, Noble Flame's AI still works tirelessly to keep its master alive, something that paid dividends during the terrifying war on Blackfathom. When they do work in harmony, Karrsen and Noble Flame are an unstoppable pairing that the Scythes of Hamanekh have been unable to defeat in aerial combat. Of course, Kassen hasn't face all three at once.

The peerless skill of Tau paired with the genius of Tau Ai proved too much for the machine intelligences of the Necrons even with their millions of years of combat data. Has the Tau truly surpassed the ancients?

Anyways, does mistreating your AI partner makes it more likely to go rogue?

It's not just a loyalist thing. Anyone who has acess to biomancy and divination could get the exact same thing.
The only real benefit exclusive to loyalists is the harnessing on 2+, and tiggy's reroll.
But hey, if CSM wanted all that they shouldn't have gone over to chaos :^)
I don't think BA have a version the conclave (I could be wrong), but they can still pull off something similar:
Two cads
First HQ is chaptermaster with artifer armor and storm shield. Second hq is mephiston. In the second cad, take two ML 2 libbys with what ever weapons you want. Theoretically you can bring as many cads like this as you want, just keep bringing libbys. You'll also want to bring the vanilla space marine command squad with chapter banner. It doesn't matter what chapter tactics you use, they'll be lost anyways, you just want the standard of the emps ascedant and the apothecary.
Roll on biomancy for mephiston, hoping to get warp speed and iron arm. Then use the other libbys to try and get endurance and veil of time. Unfortunately unless you have acess to the conclave, there's no way to get might of heroes on mephiston. Still, when fully activated, on the charge he'll have 10 S:10 AP:2 attacks at I:7. It's a little less reliable than the tiggy star, but it's practically the same thing. The only big difference in terms of stats is tiggy is T:9 I:9 when fully activated, while mephiston is T8 I:7

Guess I'll see if I can convince my friend to drive us to the FLGS 40 minutes away. I need 2-3 more paints anyway.

The command squad. IIRC it comes with extra legs as well, allowing you to build the squad and kitbash a captian.

Obvious newb here... what the fuck is tiggy?

Nevermind, figured it out

Chief Librarian Tigurius of the Ultramarines Space Marine Chapter.

iirc you can take Mephiston in a Conclave. Not sure if the Blood Angels Command squad can take any of that though. Could take a White Scars allied CAD, that'd make the allied Librarians really nice and even more useful. Dump the rest of their shit into scouts and drop pod Assault Marines with meltas or Furioso with Frag Cannons.

Varro tigurius. Technically it should be shortened to tigy, but that doesn't look as good.
Anyways, he's the chief librarian of the ultras. He's very strong, and unfortunately if your a blood ravens player like me who likes to run fluffy lists, one of your only good choices for a named charecter in a librarian heavy army, because for some reason we have the chaptermaster upgrade but not the option to buy a chief Libraian upgrade allowing an extra mastery level (so up to a possible ML:3) for our libbys. I would kill to get that added to the next codex.

You can't take mephiston in a conclave

How would an army with literally nothing except S8/AP2 weapons do on the tabletop against most armies? Let's say it could throw out about 60 shots on the first turn. Would that be good?

I'm just curious, I don't actually want to run it.

>Not sure if the Blood Angels Command squad can take any of that though
It can't. It's why I said ally in some vanilla marines and take their command squad, since it's infinitely better than the BA one, because the only way you can get a +1A banner is with the sanguinary gaurd for a fuck ton more points than a vannila's command squad with the emps ascedant banner

Loads a' moni.

I run my (xenos) inquisitor as a rogue trader, with IG as his requisitioned army (and a fondness for (cheap) abhumans, so lots of ratlings (as part of the crew)). My henchmen + a couple of other inquisitors act as his retinue, like Devy "Gunner" Fordsworth, an inq with a conversion beamer (converted using a van saars necromunda model with a dark eldar weapon).

I can't wait to pick up some of the new Deathwatch to build some highly customized marines to run along side my dudes. Instead of the DW shoulders, I'll probably add some form of the RT tabard to drape over it.

You can take the formations in the book without taking the gladius...

With his teeth.

Why do GW hate the idea of having a playable C'tan so much?

Gods have no business on the TT.

Because they need to nerf ot now so that people will not buy any now, and when they buff it up to wraithknight levels next edition people will go out and by tons of them :^)

Jokes aside, it sucks. I love the C'tan lore and models, yet the rules are so shitty it acts as a paper weight for the time being. Such is life I guess.

>I love the C'tan lore

Get out.