Am I the only one who really loves the d20 modern wealth system...

Am I the only one who really loves the d20 modern wealth system? Keeping track of money in RPGs tends to lead to economies that either border on the autismal or make zero sense (look at the pricelists in any given D&D edition and really think about it. It'll take you half a minute to find something stupid).

Making it more abstract with a wealth system simply allows you to classify something as "cheap" or "expensive" and based on your wealth level you can either easily afford something, not at all, or it'll be incredibly costly to you (let's say that buying something exactly on your wealth level knocks you down a level). It's a lot more managable for players and DMs alike, and allows DMs to introduce purchaseable objects that aren't in the DMG or other books purely by declaring its worth relative to wealth levels. This system is so convenient, I wish mainstream D&D would use it in lieu of gold pieces.

Pic related, macroeconomics.

Are her large breasts symbolic of currency inflation?

I enjoyed it, but I ended up with a wealthy of like +20 on a brand new character. We took my private jet everywhere. Kinda ruined the adventure aspects when we got to stay in 4 star hotels everywhere we went.

they are big because they represent macro economics

I thought it was her fat that represented macroeconomics.

Or was it the other way around?

Her childbearing hips represent the fertility of the land, and her large bossom the nutritious value and resilience of the potato. Just like a mother with wide hips but lacking in the chest department is able to give birth to a child but not sufficiently feed it, fertile lands with less resilient crops than potatoes can feed a population but isn't resistant against famine.

Her only slightly chubby figure represents prosperity, but bridled by temperance and good virtue as to avoid excessive overindulgence.

Her horns represent the Cornucopia, yet another symbol of abudence, agricultural succes and wealth, though they also symbolize that not all is as it seems. Wealth, though a blessing, brings its own problems with it.

Her bright, soft eyes represent a clear yet compassionate vision for the future.

tl;dr: Maou 2016.

Freaking nerds,man.

The d20 Modern wealth system was stupid. You could buy infinite amounts of cheaper items, so long as you bought them one at a time. Buying stuff in bulk was impossible without lowering your wealth score, no matter what it was. You'd have the likes of Tony Stark going broke because he bought 5 machine guns for his friends. It also made any rewards short of a few thousand dollars meaningless. It was terrible.

>Her bright, soft eyes represent a clear yet compassionate vision for the future.

user you blew it.

Her bright, soft eyes are those of a cow, a creature associated since the bronze age with wealth and economic prosperity.

I liked it in the first couple games I played with it as a system, but I found myself wanting to go back to currency after a while. It works well for systems where the PCs are supposed to have unlimited wealth (like Rogue Trader), but in other games abstract wealth kinda takes away the "value" of wealth and awarding money to the PCs always has the risk of fucking with the game.

Objectively better design

> monster god eats gold
> monsters gather it as tribute
> humans start collecting it just to keep it out of their hands
> finding no other use for it, they turn it into currency
> money in this setting is literally humans waving about evil god fuel in the face of the enemy

>And they still chose the other one to animate
Fucking why though?

Who knows

>Shapely, full eyebrows, thick lips
It's such a shame. I should really finish reading the manga with this one, it might be done by now.

Built like a bag of useless meat

I think wealth systems are good for some games, but not all of them. I'm also going to assume that d20 modern somehow did it wrong

There's exactly one use for that meat, and she's built on-point for it.

It was literally the system Shadowrun and WoD games used - basically in those versions the number of points you have in "resources/finances/wealth" meant you got more dice to roll when trying to buy something, and that generally meant you got more successes and thus better gear.

The reason it kinda breaks down in D20 modern is because D20 has a strict pass/fail mechanic, and that particular wealth mechanic needs varying degrees of success and failure (which is what dice pool based systems excel at).

My players love counting piles of gold and other loot. They'd revolt (and have threatened to do so) if I use a Wealth Check in any game outside of something like Mutants and Masterminds.

c Source?

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha.

... lines were separate for a reason, bub.

That's Soren from Cracked Magazine
I hazard that it's from an After Hours episode.

They're alright in spite of their increasingly heavy SJW leanings, time will tell if they remain tolerant forever.

>The Demon King actually looks demonic
I like the contrast of the anime/LN design more. She's the Demon King, but she looks utterly harmless and downright cuddly. I do agree that the manga design looks more regal and seductive, but I think it doesn't fit the character as well as the other design.

*tolerable
I meant tolerable
Fuck

> It's a lot more managable for players and DMs alike,
So you say, but basic mathematics is retardedly simple to manage, +/- motherfucker. >and allows DMs to introduce purchaseable objects that aren't in the DMG or other books purely by declaring its worth relative to wealth levels
So does numerical values, the DM can be as wrong with delcaring something as cheap while it is mediocrely expensive, just as easily as he can value something at 10G while it should be 300.

This is just a crutch for rainman who thinks everything costs 100$.

>This is just a crutch for rainman who thinks everything costs 100$.
Not really, considering we're dealing with a medieval system here. For the players, who practically leak money with every step they take, a small residence for 10 gp seems like a steal: it's cheaper than a longsword! Yet for the services of a trained hireling (which can include some pretty high-class professions like scribes and masons) you pay 3 sp per day. Let's say this hireling doesn't need to pay rent, nor taxes, doesn't have a family to feed and only eats one poor quality meal per day. That's 1 sp expenditure per day, meaning he can only put 2 sp in his pocket every day. To buy a small residence (which, again, is cheaper than a longsword!) this highly skilled scribe or mason would need to work for 500 days, or just short of two years. Two years buying NOTHING except food. And if he has a wife and a kid to feed, he'll barely break even every day, assuming again that he pays neither taxes nor rent and somehow magically procured the money up-front to buy a residence for him to stay in.

An abstract wealth system would make much more sense in such situations. If we put this mason in the "low income" wealth class, he can probably afford a hut or something. It'd also make it much easier to decide the price difference between a small house, a villa and a mansion without the economy going pants on head retarded.

If you're looking for Rainmen, they're probably the guys workig for WotC.

Atleast she looks like a demon king/queen/whatfuckever, even if it's all a front

But what a large front it is!

>enter thread to discuss the comparitive strengths and weaknesses of economic models in role playing games
>the discussion is about boobs and anime
Hahaha, oh Veeky Forums.

It's economics

>He doesn't watch anime about ECONOMICS and POLITICS

>discuss the comparitive strengths and weaknesses of economic models in role playing games
The hell?
This matters in the context of a settings' lore, sure... but in a roleplaying game, I've never seen players not have tunnel vision of "I want to roll the dice I have the best chances of succeeding with, kill things, and get loot". Anything more is ignored.

Img: Your players' faces when - you present more than half a paragraph of information that isn't "How to kill the thing and get the treasure"

Just enjoy boob, man.

>using D20 anything

Surely, as a DM and occasional homebrewer (as I assume most of us are), you've toyed with the economic models of your system before? The players never need to see how the sausage is made, but if you expect them to eat it, you sure need to know how to make good sausage.

Besides, is not a discussion of the comparative strengths of economic systems not as (or more) stimulating than large breasts?

>Am I the only one who...
no you're not.

Get better players.

The problem with it was that, even though it worked just fine, it took a big piece of what could be so rewarding about d20 games and threw it to the wind. At a rest in D&D 3.x, your party has a bunch of gold and several items that may-or-may-not fit their characters - they face a very real decision point about whether they want to trade in excess gear for less powerful alternatives that fit their character better. I've seen groups do entire sessions around restocking party gear, debating the merits of keeping or selling this and that, roleplaying haggling, finding time to get custom-made armor fitted. Going out of the way to purchase something particularly powerful, or avoiding the authorities to purchase something particularly questionable. Entire adventures can spawn out of the process of a party dumping their gold on an unsuspecting city.

In d20 Modern it's all a roll. Gear is entirely mundane. Your cool car is not an epic piece of loot, but an extension of your character stats. Meh.

Obviously this all depends on the GM, but the fact that the roll option exists as the default one in d20 modern creates a problem in that players will expect to get their shit quickly and if you demand anything more of them they'll resent it. It also creats a sub-class that one person in the group will be expected to fill, that of the financier - noone gives a shit about their wealth score except for the rich guy, who keeps it high enough to keep the party stocked. An entire vector of character progression and party dynamics is gone in an instant the second your group realizes that stacking their wealth on one player is the optimal strategy.

I thought it was her body that was of the cow.

>Draw a soft cow
>Call it a demon lord

>even though it worked just fine
Except it didn't.

I dislike it when Demons are literally just humans.

Eh, whatchu gonna do. She's a race of hiki demon librarian mages, hence why she's meaty, out of shape and everyone other demon's puzzled how'd she become lord in the first place considering the methods of claiming the throne

This might be skirting too close to "real life isn't fiction!" but how realistic is it for a generic medieval person to own just about anything? I'm not medieval scholar (obviously) but wasn't that kind of the point of feudalism? You work the land and in exchange you get to live on the land. Goods and services exist as a commercial system but small scale stuff, like individual tools and such. Most people weren't investing in real estate.

I know very well why this is allowed.

No of course you're not. Now I'll go check it out since some people seem up on it.

>Oh hey we want 5 swords to equip ourselves with
>Damn we didn't make the check cant afford them
>Guess we will just have to buy one at a time
>Pass every check no problem

Wow such a great system!

>Applewolf will never get another season
>There will never be another anime like it

;_;

Any reason why they never finished the animu?

It was one of those cases of "Its in the line up to be done", "Were get to it next", "We have plans to work on it" and then just nothing.

This is just my speculation, but a lot of anime is done "on commission" with the sole purpose of advertising the source material (manga or LN). The Spice & Wolf LN has already been completed, so from that perspective there's no reason to advertise it anymore.

>This is just my speculation
Nah, it's actually rather true

Wouldn't the failure mean that you get one or two swords then?

Not the D20 version. D20 is flat pass or fail. You either get it or you dont.

>Do we have enough money for a matched set of five swords in the weapon shop window
>No
>Do we have enough money for five random swords from the back
>Yes

Like a lot of the problems with Rifts, a lot of the problems with D20 modern is that if you play it as RAW, you need a nice canadian to stand and watch over the GM and tell him "eh, come on now, be nice" whenever the GM tries to apply any mechanics.

So she's Koakuma with more ambition?

I guess, if a glowing symbol between her giant jugs told her she could be lord of the realm

fucking anime carrot head ass

>It's not bad because the GM can just ignore/homebrew/fiat it

Please stop.