Why aren't dogpeople sought after as royal guards and attendants to aristocrats for their unending loyalty to a master?

Why aren't dogpeople sought after as royal guards and attendants to aristocrats for their unending loyalty to a master?

Because the fines one would accrue from all that awooing would bankrupt their employer

Depends on system

Because they die after 20 years and are basically crippled and old at 15 years onwards.
They take 14 years to train.

Because magical realm and furry hate

They are all filthy mutants who bear no such right to to damage the holy human form

Unwanted humping, shedding, not existing in many settings, and being much more ugly than the OP pic in many settings.

Also it would upset the catgirls

Humans live longer than monkeys, dogpeople live longer than dogs.

Because they are used as house pets instead you dummy!

I do something like this in my setting with lizard people instead. Since they bond with the first living thing they see, humans often try to get lizard eggs. In fact lizard people often sell their eggs on purpose, as their entire concept of honor is doing your job above the whims of your family.

>purging noises

This shouldn't feed into my magical realm as much as it does.

They shit everywhere, it makes the streets look bad.

Good question. Doggirls would make incredibly loyal guards and devoted servants, despite not asking for much in return.

>Making awooing illegal
Racism!

Because furries get exterminated on sight

This was the case with werewolves in Veeky Forumss bizarre "monstergirl setting" threads. The idea was that all the nice looking monsterperson races were originally created by an ancient wizard empire to perform functions based on their animal types, and the werewolves were meant to function as guards/companions/hunters. They're the only animal person type that can naturally shapechange since they were intended to have the closest relationship with their masters.

Call the cops, I don't give a fuck.

That's where the Jewish cowgirl meme came from, isn't it?

Valkyrie Drive did it better

>Jewish cowgirl meme
The what now?

You haven't played Traveller have you? It has Vargr which are uplifted wolves/dogs and their concept of loyalty is very fluid. They may have unending loyalty to their master but that master can change. You see, infighting among the dogs is normal and frequent, a leader who shows a sign of weakness or fails in something will lose his/her position to a rival and immediately afterwards everyone understands the new ranking in the pack and is loyal to the new boss.

It was a think ages ago. The whole setting started with someone asking "how can you make an ecchi style minotaur race (i.e. men look like bull monsters, women are cute girls with cowtails and huge boobs) fit in a serious setting?". Two threads later there was a culture of ecchi minotaurs inspired by ancient Judea and speaking a Hebrew based language. Cue Jewish cowgirl meme.

The idea was that there were many races of animal people, and they were all created by the same wizard civilization (inspired by ancient Egypt, natch) to perform roles based on their animal "natures". The difference between male and female cowpeople is because bulls and cows perform completely different roles. Male minotaurs were created for labor, agriculture and construction, so they'd be massively powerful and it doesn't matter if they look scary. Female minotaurs were created to be "keepers of fertility" (recording geneologies, matchmakers, midwives, teachers of children, etc.) so they'd be kind, approachable and beautiful. Male minotaurs are the actual Minotaur, female minotaurs are inspired by Hathor.

Then NiceDeamonette entered the picture and suddenly everything was about lactation all the time, and the setting broke down.

...do you not? Beastfolk town guards make perfect sense.

Depends on whether they have the whole "just SEEING their master activates the pleasure center of their brain" thing going on.

We're not in India

That is only because of relatively very recent medical discoveries. Without them Humans and Chimpanzees and Bonobos live around the same length of time.

... M:tG had a dogger race in Khans block

Funny that felenids are sanctioned but awoos arent.

The Emprah is a cat person.

Something something Lemon Ross.

Well Cats in 40k do increase your psychic power, so that makes sense.

One of the lost Pimarchs was Russ' counterpart whose DNA contained the Felis Helix and Russ got jealous.

we don't use dog people because almost immediately after we tried to fund it everyone got upset

They will freak out over the littlest things...
"MASTER HERE IS A F'N SQUIRREL OUT THERE, WE SHOULD GO TO DEFCON 3 AND LAUN THE ANTI-SMALL ANIMAL DEFENCE....

Dank ref, his voice was off the chain.

what kind of dog folk are we talking about? is it one of those sheepdogs that are smart enough to do my taxes or are they based off of a pug?

So Akita and Shiba Inu Samurai? Awesome.

They shed.

Why would they be more loyal than humans?
> But dogs are pack animals!
Just like humans. So?

They would obviously go for the tougher, more obedient breeds.

I'm completely fine with this and I think you cant throw in some weird setting-building genealogical stuff with these dog people and werewolves or 'true' beastmen, and cultural stuff with how these dog people came about and what they are employed for.

But they can't look like this
They have to look like this guy

>Are you still okay with it OP?

>Dog-man in royal guardsman armor

Dude, I don't think you fully appreciate how awesome that sounds.

No, because I'd prefer if they could communicate in some human language.

You're in luck, friend! Any other objections?

Nope. Your idea of what they should look like is shit senpai

Whence the Japanese idea that kobolds are dog people anyway?

D&D error in translation.

Aren't kobolds like a type of goblin?

1st and 2nd edition D&D my man.

Yeah, sure. Why not.

Originally, a sprite from Germanic lore.

The French "goblin" is probably a corruption of the German "kobold", so it stands in a way.

Not monkeys but chimps & bonobos very often live into their 70's.

It is as this stage that they are most often hauled off by their families to a nursing home, where they while away the miserable rest of their days drinking tea and listening to the radio.

Pretty much, yeah.

the english boggart, the german kobold and the french goblin are local names for the same small sprite

For completeness though no more Cop Dog in this particular short.

t. faggot who cares more about fapbait anime girls than his own idea

This guy doesn't look so miserable. Where in the wild would he get to drink juice out of a bottle?

I think it's shitty how males in Blacksad are human body + animal head, but the women are humans with fur and weird ears or noses, to retain their sexual attraction. But I fucking love the Blacksad books, anyway. Amarillo had the best translation.

>That is only because of relatively very recent medical discoveries.
That's a dumb meme and you're being dumb for believing it.
Low average lifetime was due to high child mortality.

You're practically saying that people couldn't live long because they weren't taking pills or something.

you know, don't misunderstand me, war is bad, and should be avoided.

But sometimes, peace is worse.

Neville Chamberlain had to learn THAT the hard way.

It seems to be actually good.
I heard animal looks represent their personalities, makes sense.

>Your dumb for believing medicine increased life expectancy
>It only did that because it increased infants life expectancy

???

Run of the mill Magical Realm garbage aside that sounds pretty cool. You got an archive link?

>high child mortality
and why do you think is huh

Dog people eat children?

I often hear that in the past person around 30 was already considered old while human was perfectly capable of living way longer than that.
The meme born because looked at average as max age.

Are those the forgotten beast men? That or muh space wolfs

Veeky Forums does most things horribly

But what it does good it does great