MTG Spoilers, we thought they were done by Friday edition

Old thread

welcome to MM2

We have one more week of spoilers?

So far this is looking fantastic. And there's no limited print run.

No more spoilers for today?, I hoped for yet a couple of rares, some uncommons and maybe a Mythic.

Not sure,
I thought MaRo has said supplementary products only get 1 week of spoilers. The set comes out next friday and spoilers are usually done before the week of release.

They'll probably reveal them all this momday.

>momday

>this momday.
We gotta wait like 9 months?

I'm really excited about the birds reprint. It's a card I just don't own any of, and only playing Commander I couldn't bring myself to outright buy a card there is slightly inferior versions of.

>momday
This is very amusing and I'm not really sure why.

Why the fuck is it Monday till they spoil everything? I thought it was a week before, not 4 days before.

Monday is alway momday
Because that's the day she died.

Well.

i liked birds until they printed hierarch

Because you love your mother and you're a nice person?

There's a preview pre-release in some stores this weekend. Some will get to experience Conspiracy blind and post spoilers. It will be glorious

>Rare

...literally why

It's not like having two BoP in your deck is going to affect things THAT much.

It has always been a rare, you faggot.

DON'T WANT YOUR PITY.

Not pity.

>tfw XMage fags will never experience the fun of Conspiracy drafts
Not having an LGS in close proximity is suffering

But we will.

Can XMage handle draft matters cards?

how are the boosterpacks structured? do conspiracy(card type) cards take normal i.e rare slots ?

IIRC, they take up common slots.

they're where the basic land would be

Oh shit son

A direct upgrade for clone, this'll be fun.

source?

this cant be true

Kinda wish they'd make Selvala something more than a mana dork, feel like she could be more interesting than that. Will definitely be going into my Experiment Kraj EDH deck though, it's literally the exact mana dork I've been looking for to allow Kraj to go infinite totally on his own.

well i'll need a display then. this set is unreal

>Lose a color
>Get a better ability

Foils take up the usual common slot, draft matters cards take up the last slot (where land is in most sets or DFCs are in SOI/EMN)

Yay!

Reprint of a $60 card? Hell yes. Wonder what the price will be after a month.

Probably won't change that much DESU, maybe a $10 at most

Unconfirmed, I don't want to get myself hyped for a fake.

At mythic? Even with "unlimited" supply, I would expect at best a 30% drop, which would be quite considerable.

But we don't know if that's a fake yet.

Posted on a few sites. Looks like it does fit number-wise, but depending on how the mythic conspiracies fit into the printing sheets it might mean no black Mythic. Someone made a good point though, that every multicolor mythic is also black so that seems totally possible.

WE

Isn't that how it's supposed to work for commanders?

I know we're all excited about show and tell, but can I just point out, flashy Clone is a thing?

Maybe? I had always thought that more colors meant stronger effects, since it's harder to cast

WUZ

Will probably drop to $30-$40 after people stop grabbing all the prerelease copies.

ALFZ

Just use both.

Is there any specific broken use for it? I mean, it looks a good addition for some control decks, but what else?

You know there's no prerelease for this set riiight?

No pre-release for this. If there was it would be today.

>'we wuz kangz' meming because a green druid-type shaman has a flat nose and a tan
Because fucking tigers are native to Norway, right lads?

I want them to expand on the lore of the brown elves, just like I want to expand their wombs.

>Not meming when there's even the slightest excuse.

>defending "muh diversity"-shoehoerning into a tribe that has always been white

It's ok, that's just the times we live in. We have to have black female elves, black female thieve planeswalkers, black everything in ancient greece, an ethnically diverse Kaladesh.

It's no longer okay to just write a story, everything has to be politcally correct and ethnically diverse.

WOTC supposedly hired some people to help them cram diversity into everything now.

Literally the meme of the modern era.

Oh boy, it's sure going to be fun when people keep typing 'D E S I G N A T E D' whenever someone posts a Kaladesh card in September, with this being the prevalent attitude.

>it's sure going to be fun when people keep typing 'D E S I G N A T E D' whenever someone posts a Kaladesh card in September, with this being the prevalent attitude.
My thoughts exactly

Did somebody say poo in loo?

Stale memes taste bad.

Go look at the representation of black people in the new innistrad set and tell me does it look super fluent and natural for a gothic eldritch horror setting.

i fail to see how a generic dude in any given artwork having dark or pale skin is harmful or bad
like sure, it gets annoying to see all the back-patting and self-congratulating about how inclusive they are and shit
but thats like a minor annoyance at worst and i have yet to have that detract from playing the game

Thoroughly dependent on how they're drawn.

One of these vampires blends into the setting perfectly and effortlessly, another looks like two awful caricatures being mashed together.

Well, she does enable enemy card draw a bit...

It's a fucking jungle shaman surrounded by tigers. Why WOULDN'T she have a fucking tan? Does every shaman in Magic have to ape Tarzan now, lest Wizards trigger the poor stormfags?
I can criticize Innistrad's occasionally ham-fisted inclusion of black folks without blinding myself to the fact that it's preposterous to react to a black shaman from the fucking woods with WE WUZ

Elves dont get darker in the sun, they get darker in the absence of sun

Why do people dislike black people in lovecraftian settings? Other races fit perfectly in every way you see it.

>the one on the right looks like he's cosplaying
>lady vampire fits perfectly

I think it's the hair. Guy on the right has black hair, but it looks odd. Lady on the left has a tight bun of a style that I think we've seen elsewhere in the setting.

>super fluent and natural for a gothic eldritch horror setting.

this is based on your own preconceived notion of what a "gothic eldritch horror setting" means

it isn't wizard's job to make sure your idea of gothic horror is represented, it's their job to sell cards. if they think that putting black people on cards will sell them cards, they'll do it

if black people on cards makes you want to not play this game, good, fuck yourself and die, and go back to /pol/ when you're done

She's not "just a shaman". She's clearly an elf.

The on the left looks like is cosplaying star wars, the one of the right looks like it is cosplaying a WoW character.

Can't they look like normal vampires? It's not like every single black person in innistrad wanted to be unique.

I am asian, and I think that asian doesn't fit into lovecraftian universe.

Y-yes indeedy? And we'll have a jolly good time doing so.

>into lovecraftian universe
you're right, it doesn't, lovecraft was racist as fuck

so it's a good thing this isn't a lovecraftian universe

Precisely, hair on the right looks pretty shitty.

Why not? Asian mythology is so vast, I'm sure we can insert elder ones somewhere.
I was thinking more about polynesians and abbos, worshipping Dagon seems like their thing.

Well then. I didn't know this.

That's the issue with how WotC depicts black people.

It works when they wear what they would wear in that setting. They blend in well with townsfolk and as nobility, they need to wear the sort of garb that would compliment their skin tone and their hair, just as a white vampire does by wearing rich and dark red and blacks to match the red hair but contrast with the pallid flesh.
It doesn't work when they are forced into garb that's clearly designed for a white individual, leaving them looking out of place and poorly designed. Examples include Markov Dreadknight and as of late, Kaya.

You fail to see the point here, my friend, but that's okay, I'll explain it to you.

No one would care about a couple characters in a designated set having african-american features. But we have to have it in every single set, every single plane. No one cared about black people in the original Innistrad, because that wasn't the point.

Hell, WotC even hired diversity experts, because apparently we don't have enough of it.

Everyone can tell that these moves aren't done genuinely, but for stupid PC / marketing reasons.

I mean, for fuck's sakes, the whole WE WUZ meme is about historical revisionism about how Egypt was a Nubian Civilization. How the fuck do you pull that out when the card in question is a literal forest-dwelling savage?

>all those shitty custom cards
I mean, it's true she's an elf. Elves are usually pale, but so is this lady -- her skin is a pale black. She still has pointy elf ears and weirdly large elf-eyes (is that even an elf thing?). I don't see anything wrong with this at all, now that they've established black people in Fiora in the first place.

>and as of late, Kaya.
Kaya's outfit is just some weird "rouge" outfit

>so it's a good thing this isn't a lovecraftian universe
Lovecraftian universe is good, and probably one of the reasons that Originial Innistrad was so popular.

>Garb clearly designed for a white individual

Is this some kind of joke?

Lorwyn elves best evil elves.

>garb that's clearly designed for a white individual
what does this even fucking mean

also

wotc commissions art. if you don't like the art, or if you find the art inconsistent, there's a good reason for that

The one on the left is wearing what the 'normal vampire' she is standing beside is wearing, just in a color that contrasts with her skin just as the white vampire's armor contrasts with hers.

And both of these vampires wear very similar armor to Olivia, Mobilized for War, the archetypal vampire of Shadow over Innistrad.

First Innistrad isn't based on Lovecraft, it's based on classic gothic horror. You're thinking of Shadows Over Innistrad, the second set featuring Innistrad.

It actually pissed me off since black people have their own subgenre of gothic horror in souther gothing and we've pretty much been robbed of an appalachian+bayou folklore set by just shoving token niggas into Innistrad.

I love the horns, makes them look very fey and more wild instead of just long eared humans.

wizards steals shamelessly from other ip in order to make sets that evoke a certain resonant response

that doesn't mean they have to follow the rules of that ip

>No one cared about black people in the original Innistrad, because that wasn't the point.
>No one cared
Yes they did! Yes they did, you shitty Stormfront faggot, and they shitpost about it to this day because a card dared to show a handful of Asians and blacks -- even in the context of their being outcasts from society! The mere presence of black people on art was enough to trigger Stormfront. I guarantee that if we went back to a Mirage-type African set, you fucking faggots would spend the entire time spamming this WE WUZ shit, just like you're about to spend all of Kaladesh going on about shitting streets.

Caveat: Snapcaster being Asian was stupid, but that wasn't Wizard's fault.

Some outfits and color combinations compliment a white man better than they compliment a black man. That's one of them. A white man would look more natural in that armor than a black man, just like a blonde boy would look more natural cosplaying as Naruto than a fat black man would.

>That's one of them
I'll defer to your fashion expertise, and continue to believe that you're a fucking idiot

First of all, your example doesn't work since the character is depicted in a certain way. You have to resemble the character you're cosplaying.

Now, for the rest, you're a fucking idiot. Some color combinations don't match, but many others do. And I didn't know everybody wore a color that don't fit black people just out of spite. As you can see here, it works perfectly if the artist knows what he's doing. This also works for every single character in any setting

>devolving into ad-hominem
>"some people complained about it, that means you are all white supremacists!!!11"
>"people aren't allowed to meme on Veeky Forums, because I don't like it!"

>appalachian+bayou folklore
That sounds fucking cool as well, but I thought Southern Gothic was more stuff like Faulkner? I only ever read Barn Burning as an example of the Genre, as far as I can remember, but transplanting antebellum values of the South into a Magic setting sounds like it would get dangerously political very quickly. And if they didn't do that, of course, the fact that they'd be leaving out the original subtext would ITSELF become political because it'd be called erasure.

Imagine if people had interpreted Avacyn Restored as a "white savior" ending, for example, instead of just being an unfitting ending to tack onto an otherwise allegedly gothic horror story. The fallout would be catastrophic. Wizards now wouldn't touch that idea with a 10-foot pole, for better or for worse.

snappy being a gook is fine in my book. It makes him seem more reclusive and wizened when combined with that armor. He not your average every day innistradian in any way and it shows on his design. He looks like a powerful, prepared wizard by anyone in the multiverse's stands even with the limitations of living on a plane like innistrad. Him being an ethnicity thats known for being excellent scholars helps to contrast him with the bumpkin european farmers that make up most of the humans of innistrad. 10/10 for snappy and you should feel ashamed for blindly hating.

Are you both retarded?
People dress to look good, some colors look better on a dark person, some colors look better on a pale person, some colors look better with brown, blonde or red hair, some colors look better with light or dark eyes.

I bet that's literally racism too, you fucking tumblrite hipocrites.

Yes, yes, user! So black people can fit in the setting. Did you know people back then had different clothes and they could wear different colors? Shocking, I know.
btw I'm black

Shit, dont you guys get tired of making the same joke every time?

shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I think you mean shiiiieeeet