Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Would you ever allow someone to play the intentionally overpowered Godbound class? How will a level 1 Godbound do in a party of level 15 DSP classes?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0raLL8IDcsk
hastur.net/wiki/Plucky_Mage_(Apath)
vocaroo.com/i/s13kZW4HtbJz
vocaroo.com/i/s1JB75wgeiEI
pastebin.com/yhgTgiYH
twitter.com/AnonBabble

vocaroo.com/i/s0raLL8IDcsk
i'm gonna post this in here too

What's the most effective way to do a rogue-like sorcerer character? Is arcane trickster worth looking in to?

Gonna try one more time:

I have never played it and asked him if it was possible to play as a halforc ranger who used the myrmidon fighting style of trident and net to be a mercenary monster hunter. He said it was ok. However he told me to check out guides on how to ranger.

Now my questions to you all is where can i find a guide that would work with my idea and if you all had tips for a pathfinder first timer.

Try this archetype for a low tier 1 sorcerer. It's made by one of the official Porphyra writers for Purple Duck Games, the same guy who did the prestige archetypes book.

hastur.net/wiki/Plucky_Mage_(Apath)

Remember to be a plucky kitsune boy!

I dont quite understand the meticulous trait. By untrained does it mean that you have no ranks in the skill or is it for non class skills?

No ranks in the skill.

Reminder that "writer for a company" does not mean "written with general balance or with the company's blessing". Forrest's Roil Dancer, while an initiating kineticist archetype, is not connected to or endorsed by DSP.

If I use wail of the banshee just outside of an anti-magic field, will people inside the field be affected by WotB assuming that they are in range? Or is the effect just cancelled out?

Why aren't you playing the superior system yet, /pfg/?

Still not DnDizzle, still don't care.

Shitposters tend to not let facts get in the way of whatever they're trying to push, user.

First of all, TFW is the most feat intensive combat style in the game, and the payoff isn't too worth it
Secondly, using Trident+Net also requires an intensive feat chain as well.
Third, Nets are Exotic weapons, so you'll also have to burn a feat to use it too, unless there's an alternate Racial trait for Half-Orcs to gain proficiency in it

So in all, you're fighting style won't come online until around 7 levels in, 5 really if you choose all the right feats from your Ranger Style

Also, as a first timer, I must tell you that, no matter what you'll do, both a Barbarian with a Greatsword, or an adequately prepared Wizard will make you inconsequential.

As a Ranger, its almost always the better option to take a Companion for your Hunter's Bond, you should always talk to your DM about which Creature types are best for your Favored Enemy, and Never dump your Wis (which will be hard since two-weapon fighting requires both a good amount of Str and Dex.

For Archetypesm I suggest either Divine Tracker and pick a deity who'll give you a Net, or maybe Infiltrator for increased versatility.

Really, if you wanted to be a Myrmidon, I would've recommended being a Fighter and abusing Advanced Weapon Training and Advanced Armor Training to heck and back.

Or there are other option. Tell me, is 3pp content allowed, or is it 1pp only?

What are some good feats for an illusion focused sorcerer?

Where's that image from? I recognize the Angel.

Umbral/Tenebrous Spell, Spell Focus, and I think there were some other things for getting 120% real shadows or pretty close

Spell Focus: Illusion.
Greater Spell Focus: Illusion'
Skill Focus: Sculpting, painting, or any other artistic skill with which to enhance your illusions.
Silent Spell.
Still Spell.

i have no clue what pp means (still trying to get my head round things) ive just messaged my gm but don't know when he'll reply. Gm is the one who offered ranger when i asked.

My original idea was just being a traker/hunter type style.

However i have just found a build/idea which i am more a fan of (barbarian hurler) so i might go for that instead. but thank you for your input

Is there any way to find out exactly how much HP an enemy has?
I know medic has that as a class feature, but I'm looking for a spell/item/feat, if possible.

Deathwatch Eyes

>all those posts deleted
>this, after the nightfall fiasco

What the actual fuck, mods?

3pp means third party publisher.

vocaroo.com/i/s13kZW4HtbJz

Unless I'm misreading Deathwatch, it only gives you an extremely vague idea of how healthy the creature is. You could probably tell something is close to dying just by looking at it without Deathwatch.

>pp
mean's "Part Product"
1pp means "1st party Product", meaning anything written and published by Paizo, the people who "made" Pathfinder
3pp means "3rd Party Product" meaning anything made by a third party publisher for the Pathfinder ruleset.

Tracking is simple, since its jsut a Survival check and Rangers get a bonus. But you'll need ranks in Knowledge (Nature) or similar to actually make it useful.

Anyway, if your DM was the one who reccomended Ranger, chances are it probably means its a 1pp only game, meaning you'll have a rough time as a Martial character, especially if there are any competent spellcasters in the group

Also, Hurling isn't as great in PF as it was in D&D 3.5. You're better off instead making an Urban Barbarian with a Composite Longbow if you want both damage and range.

Why are you guys playing PF anyway. Its really not the best system for what you seem to be interested in.

She ended up voluntarily giving him her True Name at one point.

You could try an Archaeologist Bard, if you wanted.

Godbound class?

ah then no it isn't as its going to be more of a first time campaign thing.

Looking more at the comedy value of barbarian hurler for this one than effectiveness

Also short story: We started a campaign with 1 gm but after first session he just started doing other things at our club (we're mostly a warhammer club)

While hanging out with this gm he said he'll run a pathfinder campaign cos its fun.

Pretty much the story. I myself would like to play more for fun and i like following the rule of cool (originaly wanted to try samurai but gm and his friend said no as it was too boring)

>Getting to play in a game with one of my archetypes from Legendary Vigilantes

>Getting to play a loveable country girl getting in over her head

>Inflated ego and awesome archery aasimar

Today's gonna be a good Weds.

>Pic related, this is my PC Alyssa

DM agreed to let me play an awakened animal! It's for the Strange Aeons.

It's an awakened dog called Spooky Boo, investigator. was thinking about a funny archetype, like sleuth or mastermind, for shit and giggles, but then I remembered that I got no clues on how to play an investigator. What do they even do? I need some tips. 1pp only.

She's cute! CUTE!

>comedic relief character in an AP designed for horror
Your GM doesn't know dick about horror adventures for letting you do this. That or they're thinking about the AP in an objectively wrong light because it's LITERALLY DESIGNED WITH HORROR IN MIND.

vocaroo.com/i/s1JB75wgeiEI

Making a Tiefling Beguiler.
Which alternate racial should I take, of these two?

>You can use ventriloquism at will as a spell-like ability.
or
>You are aware of and can choose the result of any attempt to detect your alignment.

The alignment one would really only be used to, like, fuck with Paladins and such by rapidly switching between varying types of Good, that kind of thing. I kind of love the idea of utterly confusing someone that way.
Meanwhile, at-will ventriloquism seems like it'll also only be used to fuck with people, but it has a much larger... er, target audience, I guess?

I really like both, but can't choose which to pick out of the two.

>Pretty much the story. I myself would like to play more for fun and i like following the rule of cool (originaly wanted to try samurai but gm and his friend said no as it was too boring)
Unless you're DM is willing to be lax and allows random nonsense to happen, that ain't happening, and considering they said not to play a Samurai, not because it kinda sucks, but because its "too boring" (dafuq?) thats not a good sign.

Pathfinder is an overcrunched, poorly balanced, horrid bloat of a game. Your group might be better off playing something like Warhammer Fantasy RPG or Anima than Pathfinder

Though I could be wrong. A good GM can make any trainwreck fun.
Though
>gm he said he'll run a pathfinder campaign cos its fun.
Combined with him suggesting Ranger is not a good sign at all, and leaves me doubtful

You had better give us story time with your sessions, Jolly!

>not getting the Scooby Doo reference
wouldn't be surprised if the game isn't even real

If everything goes well, I will. It's my first time doing a game online (and through text), so hopefully it'll end up well.

That's almost literally equivalent to giving a key to her heart, cute.

Do you know this party and the DM?

Sounds damn fine. I was going to ask my GM about some of your stuff so I could play a Warlock, but I wound up with an investigator instead. Probably for the best, since I hear hardness really fucks with energy damage.

>Wanted to do RoW, but GM just REALLY wanted to run Iron Gods

Few tips for text games
>you might have a long and flowery description of something, but it's almost guaranteed to be better if it's short and summarized instead
>walls of text are not your friend. they are exclusively for the GM's exposition and should not be put out by the players except in extreme circumstances
>remember to use emphasis when necessary, tone is otherwise impossible to convey properly in text
>how you think what you type sounds will likely be different from how other people think what you type sounds
>don't feel bad about taking bathroom breaks, especially if the GM is busy pumping out expository messages

It's a 3pp class.

Nah, found them here, they were advertising a game and I decided to jump on.

Well the clustered shots fix helps alleviate some of that, but I can see it still being an issue.

Thanks for the advice, I did figure keeping things short and sweet would be for the best in the long run, and the rest is good advice too!

Been out of the loop since the whole shitstorm fiasco.

Do the DSP guys still come 'round here?

Are there any kitsune with Companion to the Lonely in your game?

Does YOUR character have Companion to the Lonely~? :3

i have bad eyes, is there a pdf of horror adventure available

>nerds angrily shouting to look through the archives

Does Unchained Monk with 25 point buy make the class not a slog to play? Got a low magic campaign coming up.

I would also like to know this.

Path of War 1 errata when?

By the end of this month at least?

Oh, hey G.
You doin' alright?

I named a character after you, just so's you know.

>nice trips

Also
>Thanks for the advice
Absolutely. I've been in a text-based online group for the past year and change (with people from here on /pfg/, no less) and it's been pretty great. I hope your group is equally reasonable/reliable.

No. Hopefully there never will be, just to spite you.

Unfortunately, I would unironically take that talent if I played a vigilante, solely because rerolls on will saves are amazing.

>errata for the first book of a full subsystem
>done in the next week-and-a-half

The shit's gone to your brain. Maybe you should take a break?

Do you provoke AoO if you move off a space via teleportation, but the teleportation effect is automatic and not a spell/power/etc.?
Specifically, Veiled Moon Style in PoW:E.

But who will be your companions?

When it's done.

Been better, been worse. Trying to get shit done for Dawnborn, get Mists ready to re-open playtesting, keep writing more fiction.

I'm flattered.

You're still leaving a threatened square, aye.

In theory, at least one party member should be up for it. Otherwise there's always an NPC willing to get down for some free alcohol.

If the maneuver provokes, then yes.

Path of War 1 errata when?

Man, one day I'll be as cool as team DSP...someday...

TRUE STRIKE
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V
Cost 2 Int damage
Range personal
Target you
Duration see text

You gain temporary, intuitive insight into the immediate future during your next attack. Your next single attack roll (if it is made before the end of the next round) gains a +20 insight bonus. Additionally, you are not affected by the miss chance that applies to attackers trying to strike a concealed target.

When will there be more?
Make Pathfinder Great Again.

It's 99% clever use of reaction pics.

That's Kumiromi and uh.. Lulwy? from Elona.

You'll always be OUR Companion to the Lonely~

But only if your "human" character is secretly a kitsune.

Why the fuck do you keep posting this

There's a lot of work still being done on it.

Words cannot describe how tempting it was to post another "no" reaction image in response to that.

I couldn't do that though, you made kineticists playable.

>made kineticists playable
reeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wait. Nope. It's ok. Different opinions are ok.

I'm in the game! I'm working on crossing the streams a daoine sidhe spherecaster because I like the idea of fey and also being a geomancer.

>tripfag responding to tripfag, gets double trips

nice

I didn't give the Kineticist stands, so I don't even know how you can consider them playable without that.

*with a

>harms sorcerers who dumped Int anyway
>harms non-9th level casters who have limited access to ability healing
>Does nothing to inhibit Wizards or Clerics who have resources that allow them to circumvent the Int damage
Congrats, you just put the casters on a higher pedestal you caster supremecist fag
Go back to jerking to images of Wizard Hitler

>this, after the tripfag being replied to got trips earlier this thread

Now, now, Jolly, no mutual masturbation in /pfg/. Take it to the IRC quick, before someone actually sperges out about 3pp devs "shitting up the thread to pat each other on the back" or something

Spherecasters are baller, this is gonna be a sick game.

Why don't you check out Kineticists of Porphyra and Legendary Kineticists before you say that, roll you up a kick ass viscera kineticist and have you some fun.

Also, it's a Standard Action, which means that it's useless to actually boost attacks.

Remove burn, remove the curse from the Oracle. What happens?

>Why don't you check out Kineticists of Porphyra and Legendary Kineticists before you say that, roll you up a kick ass viscera kineticist and have you some fun.

I was upset with the implication that they weren't playable before. The only people who think they aren't playable think that if you can't 1.5 round an entire encounter by yourself you lose.

>spherecasters are baller

I see what you did there.

You're playing a fey?

Is it a fey catboy?

pastebin.com/yhgTgiYH

How to give a "deity" an ego score?

>useless
It does say "next single attack roll", though the duration should read "Instantaneous" and the spell itself should be thrown out as the poorly-thought-out homebrew it is.

>remove curse from the oracle
for what reason

>kinestists now have no resource mechanism, simply spam the same attack every round.
I though we were mad at 4.0 for this?

>1.5 rounds
literally a surprise round and a normal 1st round.

He said daione sidhe. That is a kind of fey. They are not catboys.

Please improve your reading comprehension.

...yes? We know. That is not the thing that we are ridiculing.

That guy is purposefully misquoting a previous thread. The actual statement made is that the Kineticist, with its inability to deal meaningful AoE damage, should be able to kill a single monster with a CR equal to its party's level in under two rounds, because most encounters will have either more powerful monsters than that, or a greater number of monsters than that. The Kineticist cannot do that for a full day's worth of encounters (three minimum to five maximum), and is therefore garbage.

Are you this insufferable in real life?

Let's not pretend they didn't have big problems. I didn't think they were unplayable, but damn did they need some help.

B)

It would explain why he is here.

What, you mean like how Barbarians, Inquisitors with Bane, Wizards with Color Spray and later level equivelents, Magus with Shocking Grasp, can do?
PAthfinder combat is borked, built around killing as fast as possible, and if you have your players only fighting one enemy at a time you're building encounters wrong.

Seriously, a semi-optomised party of 1pp only classes can kill most "boss" encounters in Paizo APs in only 1-3 (if unlucky rolling) rounds

EhnJolly what do you think of the Godbound class? Is it TOO overpowered?

>Let's not pretend they didn't have big problems. I didn't think they were unplayable, but damn did they need some help.
Yes, but I wouldn't even put them in the bottom 1/2 of classes.

You only play pathfinder online don't you?

Personally, having played multiple kineticists (both stock and archetyped), my impression is that they're /barely/ playable. They can work, if optimized, but they aren't really /fun/, for me.

That's why the Avant Guard mostly did stuff to make them more consistent, damage-wise, and then gave them more utility abilities outside of combat. A more usable Hammer to hit Every Nail with, so to speak.

Kineticist is, for some godawful reason, one of the classes I find most fun to tinker with in Pathfinder.

>You only play pathfinder online don't you?
You only play Pathfinder Society, don't you?

>1.5 round encounter enders
>bane inquisitor
>color spray
>shocking grasp magus
bro?