Alright Veeky Forums I'm looking to develop a setting...

Alright Veeky Forums I'm looking to develop a setting. I saw pic related and instantly wondered what the setting would like like with these "knights" ? I figured for rules it'd be pretty easy to adapt the FFG Black Crusade by changing the chaos gods into schools of combat or knightly orders.

tl;dr let's make a heroic grimbright fantasy setting with these knights being the main PC choice

personal favorite

what are rules for grimbright again?

Gritty, brutal, but not hopeless is how I define grimbright

I'm getting a "robots but with personality" vibe

Maybe in joining an order you get brain swapped into a robot suit or something so while you fight the good fight for your order there is the constant threat of becoming a mindless automaton.

The largest and rarest enemies are demons that can corrupt flesh and drive it mad, making the knights the best option to beat them, but even their minds are vulnerable, making becoming an automaton a sort of "noble sacrifice" for those who feel their minds being eaten away.

These look like Rifts New West guys to me.

Maybe some orders value more or less robotics and are revered or shamed because of that.

What's the deal with this last guy? Why is he so much larger than the rest of them?

Sounds good to me. Varying reliance on robotics can reflect their preferred enemies and where they tend to go.

It's an ON-1 suit. The wearer is pretty much no longer human, more of a walking symbol of his groups righteousness and unwavering dedication to defeat evil.

Maybe the reason they're all based off of different cultures is because they've lost so much of their identity that they have to remind themselves of where they came from.

Yeah. I can also see it being common practice just so they can express themselves and stand out from others of their order.

Maybe treat it like shadowrun does with an essence score, the more robot you are the less you worry about corruption from demons etc. but you can't relate to humans etc.

Maybe the most robotic are sent into wastes to slay the largest demons or search for the source of the corruption. Could be like a death company thing.

That'd also be an easy stat to work into the system for the sake of math

I personally like the So maybe there is one group that is particularly close to demon town so they have a heavy reliance on robotics right out the gate.

Also it's good to have more robotic people out and about in case of demonic deep strikes and they make excellent mentors and teachers of the order's values.

Alright then if I've learned anything it's that Veeky Forums loves drumming up custom chapters, knighthoods, etc. so let's get it rolling.

The order of the Crooked Horn. Specializing in close combat, they are said to use the bones and ichor of slain demons to create weapons strong enough to combat the growing threat. They are heavily augmented and are seen as a necessary evil by those who contract out their assistance.

Many times they will agree to help a city or town asking only for the corpses as payment. Because the presence of demons causes plague and pain in the general populace, this form of payment may be heavier than gold or supplies.

We found AU Khorne.

essentially just "awesome shit", but no 40k.

The Crooked Horn have the finest demiurges in the land, although they receive this title unfairly through their uncanny knowledge of how to manipulate the demons' bodies to create weapons for their knights.

They are located far to the east, in the stormy Pikehead Mountains. Far from the Blackheart, home of the demons in the center of the land for they fear the adage of the Demon Tsars: "Even death may die"

The knights of the Relentless Gold Cross are known for fighting against the odds and defeating the largest demons and creatures of the land.

Famed for their mastery of the rumblesteed, the Relentless Gold Cross rely very little on robotics, preferring foster a steely resolve to resist against the demon's corrupting effects and replacing the human form only when it is too damaged to continue to fight.

Due to their bravado they are among the most populous in the lower ranks but those are quickly thinned as they prioritize only the largest and most dangerous demons and monsters, always quick to throw the full weight of their forces at a threat. Battle is the finest trainer in their eyes.

The ORDER fully embrace the robotic necessity of opposing demons. Their knights wholly embrace full-body prosthetics even at the lowest levels down to an artificial mind. Seeing as their fortress surrounds the Blackheart, the appeal of tireless knights immune to demonic corruption is clear.

The pinnacle of the ORDER's robotic affinity is the Divine Gestalt, a massive armor that is a hivemind of their finest knights who have long ago tossed aside their humanity in the name of preserving the kingdom.

The Typhoon are the most beloved of the knights. While no slouch in combat, they are the faces of joy of the robotic knights, inspiring hope in the population and helping their fellows resist the demonic corruption and the humanity-draining effects of robotics. They love nothing more than to interact with other knights to learn their ways and the general population to keep their spirits high against the demonic threat and against agents within the kingdom who seek its downfall. While not feared as zealous hunters of those who aide the demonic forces, this is in fact another of their charges. While not explicit in their goals, many a Typhoon will be told rumors from uncertain and guilty parties who have seen the error of their ways and their love of people have made them keenly aware of when demonic presence has infiltrated the population or when there is otherwise resentment.

I like you, user

Is this Dota 2 Sven?

I like me too

Could definitely be inspired by. Sven has awesome lore and I like the idea of an order of knights formed from a destroyed knight order that already went full evil and follow a rogue knight where the most robotic of which form themselves more and more in his image.