Malifaux General - Big Titty Slag in every faction edition

ooks;
mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.
New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Still looking for super cool user to scan new book

more pics of new book can be found in old thread What are you working on?
What do you play?
Who is your favorite in game slag?

Other urls found in this thread:

miniaturemarket.com/pcgmf016.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What are you working on?
Currently working on my Ulix and brewmaster crews for a tourney next weekend.
>What do you play?
fucking everything I swear to god
>Who is your favorite in game slag?
Probably trixy. I really love how she's so good that everyone wants to take her, and her model is kinda cute.

building: nightmare whiskey golem
Play: gremlins
Slag: Lilith

What you plan on running in those crews?

Do people plan out crews? I was under the impression that people built stuff on the fly depending on the strategy.

usually they have a set 30 or so points of models they like / fill whatever gimmick they want to play with, and then finish the crew out with models more for strat/schemes

Ulix -- 6ss
+Huntin' Bow - 2ss
+Liquid Bravery - 1ss
+Husbandry - 3ss
Penelope - 2ss
Gracie - 10ss
+Saddle - 1ss
Hog Whisperer - 5ss
Old Major - 9ss
+Corn Husks - 2ss
Slop Hauler - 5ss
The Sow - 8ss

The Brewmaster -- 3ss
+Binge - 1ss
Apprentice Wesley - 3ss
Francois LaCroix - 7ss
+Dirty Cheater - 1ss
+Stilts - 1ss
Lenny - 9ss
+I'll Love It And Pet It... - 1ss
Performer - 6ss
Rooster Rider - 6ss
Rooster Rider - 6ss
Trixiebelle - 8ss
+A Gun For A Lady - 1ss

Schemes and strats are as follows for the rounds:
Round 1: Strategy- Headhunter
Schemes- Convict Labor
Covert Breakthrough
Undercover Entourage
Frame for Murder
Inspection

Round 2: Strategy- Extraction
Schemes- Convict Labor
Search the Ruins
Show of Force
Leave Your Mark
Mark for Death

Round 3: Strategy- Guard the Stash
Schemes- Convict Labor
A Quick Murder
Occupy Their Turf
Neutralize the Leader
Detonate the Charges

The tourney I'm going to gave out the schemes and strats early but told us for expedient sake to bring two prebuilt lists.

Did a little freehand I'm a little proud of.

reminds me of the roadhog spray from overwatch

need to add one of these on the piggies ass. I'll probably put one on a stuffed piglet

Thanks that's actually exactly what I was going for. And what is that symbol?

arabic symbol for allah, fitting for suicidal pigs

Ah.

Made some good progress on the whiskey golem, just gotta add gremlins and base it after work. Wasn't as tough to build as I thought it would be from looking at the sprue

Make sure that you don't assemble the hand with the swing until you've placed the ropes, it's nearly impossible to do it when the fist is closed.

Yeah, I learned my lesson from my screw up on the iron skeeters. Thanks for the heads up though

No starting piglets with Ulix? You gonna have a slow first couple of turns, mah boi.

Has anyone had any success playing a game with more than 2 people? I don't think it would work but is there a scenario somewhere for two crews a side or something?

You could try 2 50ss vs 1 100ss/ 2 35 vs 1 70ss crew. Maybe allow one of the latter's henchmen to function as a pseudo master.
Fluff was way more tedious with my jank rig than I expected. Though might do it anyway when I get off work if someone doesn't bead me to it.
Can't wait to see them completed. Based Sikhs vs Mudslimes when?

There's the malifaux two headed giant format. Two players form a team, only one master. Google that shit.
Otherwise, I like the scenario from Crossroad which is 3 player - though you'd have to limit the schemes more than they say to (some become bullshit easy with 3 deployment zones).

Could some one with the multipart lady and man kits tell me if there are any Asianic clothing styles?
I'm working on some 10T civies for a campaign my group will have at the end of the year.

Nope. While you can do some hard scrabble immigrant workers like the rail workers, you won't find any traditional Asian clothing.

Damn.
Well time to hunt down other ranges.

Not usually, I run the sow and old major so that I can spend first turn with ulix summoning 2 piglets and then letting them get healed by the slop hauler before anything starts to move. Gracie takes the saddle so that the hauler doesn't have to worry about wasting ap for walk actions.

Yes and no.

Some crews have a couple of models that are almost auto includes with certain masters. I'll almost always take Mortimer with Nico or Lenny plus a couple of Bayou Gremlins with Somer.

I tried a three way game that was pretty underwhelming.

I forget the schemes and strategies, but it was my Nico, my friend's Collete, and my other friend borrowing my Somer crew. The two were dating, so they spent most of the time trying to fuck each other over while doing nothing to stop my summoning engine.

There are some 3 and 4 player story encounters in the scheme & strat deck

Sure, that's what you're supposed to do. But fuck that, if I wanna play somebody I'm going to play them. I learn the strengths and weaknesses of units better that way.

Three-way games can work really well. Basically, have one person deploy on the center of an edge of the board in a 6x18 field, and the two others on the opposite corners in a 6x15+3x6 field. All players can only score points with their schemes against the player left to them if they specify an opponent, and their center lines are always through the other two deployment zones to the center. Works with pretty much all schemes and strategies.

Could be that the top player had a 9x12 deployment zone, but it's the same principle.

Gentlemen, I'm not a huge fan of the asami model, and even though I own her and I'm gonna paint up the original as a "just in case". I want a stand in/proxy. Can you guys recommend any good looking models that might work for her?

Is it the entire model or just her face? Because Im sure you could make/take like a Torakage-y mask.

Entire model, I'm not a huge fan of the hunchback of the distant east. I'm thinking about one of the orian like the full komomono one because then it meets proxy rules. But I'd be open to other companies as well.

Are Onryo worth summoning/hiring in Molly?

Summoning. Sure why the fuck not.
Hiring. I feel that one might be good for hiring if you are gonna run with lots o' spirits. if for nothing else than that Tag a dude with adversary then summon a spirit near him. To that end, I would probably take it in lieu of a belle or doxy (I'm weird and run 2 belles and a doxy in pretty much all of my molly crews)

actually thinking more about the Orian I just remembered I have one of these that I never did anything with. I think I'll use her for my stand in Asami. Thanks for kickstarting me thinking about the orian.

Is this guy supposed to be the M1E equivalent of Dashel?

Guy with too many questions about Molly again. Horrors or spirits? I figure one way leads me into Tara and Nicodem and the other more Kirai and maybe Reva. Both sides seem neat and seem like they're getting some love this wave

>gud guard caption

And probably. Where the fuck did he get a semiautomatic handgun?

Has anyone used Oiran with Colette Showgirl crews?
I'm too noob to work out whether the WP buffs are worthwhile over a Performer and extra Cache stones.

From memory I think the Bushido line has a few that are reasonably in-scale.

Well that sounds like the problem was entirely onteh players, not the set up.

Bushido probably hasa model for Asami too.
The Oiran are pretty models though.
I just don't know if they're Master-y enough, really.

/shill. I don't even own any Bushido models, they just look fairly nice.

>Tara and Nicodem and the other more Kirai and maybe Reva
More like Kirai and Yan Lo, he has some synergies with Spirits (though in most cases he'll hire Izamu and Komainu, and the latter are unfortunately not dual faction). I haven't really found any non-Horror Spirit models that I'd really include in a Reva crew, on the other hand Yin and Draugr are only Horrors and should have some potential with her.

And just look at all the Spirit options and read the forums where some people are ranting like a madman about muh Adversary synergy. Then realize that Punk Zombies, your staple Horror summons have built in positives to attack flips already and have hard to kill which is the best defensive ability for Molly's summon mechanic and never look at all those pathetic weeaboo ghosts again. Also Rogue Necromancy > Izamu.

why a performer with brewmaster?

Performer has an expunge trigger, and Brewy can load enemy models up with poison very easily.

Lures, Scheme running, and the fact that she can cause a expunge-like trigger.

Two rooster riders and I'm done for what I need for that tourney.

its sad they made one cock so much smaller than the other 2 in that set :( its like they just didnt move the slider up far enough when they scaled it

Some people on the forums have been asking for more Asian representation lately.

Its supposed to be a mauser iirc

So if I want to throw rats everywhere with Hamelin and then bring models that can freely shoot into engagements, what are my best options? McTavish and Anna, or maybe Hans now with his new upgrade?

only other model I can think of that doesn't randomise is Angel Eyes

why hamelin & rats when you can wong and stuffed piglets

May have gotten a little high off all these glue fumes but glad it's done

Because as awesome as Glowy McT is, that's not the faction I own.

Besides, who doesn't love rats?

Bacon and Whiskey lists are done.

Holy shit lol
Looking great. A very light application of wash on the aquarium plants might make them blend better with your models.

Fair, I feel like it's done enough for now though.

I'm already getting told that I need to represent gremlins for the store.

Well i've managed to lose part of Aeslin within 5 minutes of starting to build her, a piece fell down onto my carpet and can not find it.
My smile is gone for good.
unrelated to that but I painted up lucius whilst waiting for my gencon stuff to arrive.

get a vacuum, and a pantyhose sock. Put the sock over the wand attachment and vacuum the area. You're welcome.

Just saw this ingenious suggestion on the Wyrd forums:

#
Colette: 3ss, arcane reservoir upgrade, + initiative flip, and ss manipulation

Myranda: imbued energies

Killjoy: imbued energies

Turn one you draw as many cards as possible and only need to prompt once giving myranda reactivate. Myranda reactivates last walking into postion then shapechanges dropping off a Cerberus and killjoy, also allowing you to draw 4 more cards and then you kill whatever you want.
#

I didn't think Killjoy works like that.

So with my gremlins and pigs getting done I need to decide on what to work on for the painting comp that's gonna happen alongside of the tournament. I've got a metal nekima that I'm thinking about working on but I could also work on something like Reva or Anna lovelace.
what do ya'll think?

lovelace

10-4

Necropunks or dead orphans?

Necropunks are better for pure scheme running, Crooligans have more general versatility.

I like the orphans myself

Dashel in 1.5 was the drill segent totem, he got a bit of a promotion.

Is it fair to say that models in the game have quite a bit less synergy than those from, say, malifaux? I've got quite a few guild and ten thunders, and ive played a round or two with a local friendo using the two player starter. Looking through the books at the units, at least for ten thunders, it seems like a lot of stuff is it's own self sufficient thing. I mean, you've got your support units like low river monks and all that, but it seems like really synergy stuff is few and far between. As you take things based on their own merits. Something like this...

Misaki - A very finesse heavy beatstick
Yamaziko - Area denial
Low River Monk - Healer
Thunder Archer - High precision ranged DPS
Torakage - Basic troops
Samurai - Elite troops

It's not a problem, it just feels like I'm coming into the game with a bad mindset. Less warmachine, more infinity.

from, say, warmachine?*

On of the things Ten thunders do well is make their good stuff better. you can't just judge the model but also the upgrades that can go on it as well as how it interacts with the crew around it. if it doesn't than you will usually see people take them less unless its just something that's completely self sufficient.

If you want a more supporty Ten Thunders master you want Shenlong.

You can use him and Sensei Yu to push your dudes around and hand out the Focused and Defensive conditions to them as 0 actions. His Low River Style upgrade also lets you pass out heals and remove negative conditions.

Misaki, as a master, probably has some of the least model synergy of any master that isn't also actively bad.

Actually he does. When a friendly model is killed or sacrifices he unburies, Myranda sacrifices as part of shape change.

Not sure how good it is but that is one hell of an alpha strike.

I'm fucking beat. Finished up those those gremlins then decided to put together what was left of the eastern terrain I got in (5 other fucking buildings) But it's all done now at least.
Now I need to take a break while I think about how I want to base lovelace.

Bump

So you really can use Myranda to drop a ready-to-activate Cerberus AND Killjoy AND your testicles right on their forehead turn one?
That's ridiculous.
As much because it's running against the fluff/theme of the shape change as because it drops two brutal beaters right there.
I say that as an Arcanist.

Doesn't his must-charge ability mean that he'd have to attack the Cerberus though?
Or would the activation order let you put the Cerberus out of range?
I can't find his card in my books.

I'm pretty sure KJ starts too close to the cerberus to charge it

KJ isn't obliged to charge the closest model, he just has to charge something that he is able to.

Also, in a worst case senario, you can activate the Cerberus first and leap away

I agree fluff wise and if Myranda was worded like McCabe (removed instead of killed or sacrificed) then it wouldn't work. Kill joy is in book 1.

Even so Colette could reactivate a dove, send it screaming down board, and use its one action to sac it and let out kill joy 43 inches from where the dove started.

>tfw Sandeep came in the mail yesterday
>tfw Brutal Emissary is waiting for me at the FLGS

What a time to be alive.

Why are people suggesting Philip for Reva?

Basically Most crews have MrG levels of synergy, allowing you to pull of interesting and powerful tricks if you understand how the combinations work

Nice. Part of that kickstarter a while back?
How much did it run you?

That sounds even better. Basically a ICBM with a Kiljoy warhead.

Oh wait. She can push him 7 then make him turn schemes to corpses. Nifty

Makes me wish you could get undead bandits had mercenary.

Being able to force enemies to drop scheme markers then turning them into corpses would be great.

Sad that Tara can't take them in Ressers

It makes me sad when other factions get undead, that Nico can't use.

Definitely the Viks.
Two slags for the price of one.

m1e rusty.

I'm sad when I realize how well designed and versatile the new masters are compared to my favorite.

Who's your favorite?

It used to be the same way in 1st. The Book one masters were garbage compared to later ones. At least now the disparity isn't that big.

Anyone got pics of good malifaux terrain that isn't that plastcraft stuff? The scale irritates the hell out of me, and I want to make some of my own terrain. Need inspiration

Just put this stuff together.

It's from the black Maria kickstarter. Although there are a couple other companies that do similar stuff.

I've got stuff like that for infinity from black sheep. I've really come to love the "hard edged" terrain that been flooding into the market. By hard edged of course I mean stuff that makes LOS based games much easier to navigate when shooting and all that.

I plan on running a for fun event in october, want to make a bunch of carnival terrain out of various materials lying around. Wooden roller coaster with popsickle sticks, game booths with balsa/popsicle sticks, trash cans from bullet casings, trying to think of what kind of stuff you'd see at a malifaux carnival.

Pop sickle sticks are amazing btw, square the ends and you have an roughly scale plank of wood.

Spraypainting all that stuff looks like a dautning task, but the buildings themseles look pretty good. They actually have itneriors unlike the stuff I use.

I saw some terrain on Miniature marked that would fit the bill, I'm not sure how much you want to scratch build.

miniaturemarket.com/pcgmf016.html

I think they look alright unpainted. I think I might do stain instead of paint for a lot of it.

>let out kill joy 43 inches from where the dove started.
Damn son, that's ridiculous.
Not quite the maximum brutality of Myranda, but I guess the advantage of being able to do it virtually corner-to-corner from behind terrain is pretty brutal, and way safer for the rest of the crew.
Probably perfect for A Quick Murdedering stuff too.

>KJ isn't obliged to charge the closest model, he just has to charge something that he is able to.
Good point.
I couldn't find the card because I assumed he as in Neverborn, being a Neverborn and all.

Yes, it's not an excuse but I don't think you mean it to be. That's also one of the many reasons why I dropped m1e.
The disparity in performance may not be as pronounced. However, I'd argue it's just as glaring in how they play and how much the team has grown from a design standpoint.
Holding out for alternate cards which will never come.

What matter do you play? Allot of matters have different play styles. They're all pretty well balanced though. Way way better then most wargames.

It might just be that your master doesn't fit the play style you want to play.

Almost none of the new masters are beat sticks.

I hear that mantra a lot and can't buy into it. I feel imbalance and balance must be proven, right now we have no decent data on the subject.
Oh, definitely. I just dislike the themes of other masters, even if their mechanisms are super appealing.
VAYIKRA.

Killjoy isn't Neverborn. He was exiled from them.

I guess it depends on how Neverborn is defined, but to me that's like saying Napoleon wasn't French because he was exlied from France.