Only half-celestials and aasimar get to be royalty or nobility

>only half-celestials and aasimar get to be royalty or nobility

>the more celestial blood, the more prestigious

>in theory, if they could place a full-blooded celestial on the throne, they would

How would this work out?

Nothing changes, other than nobility now having a blatant 'our bloodline is holy, divine mandate' claim.

That's just having an inheriting aristocratic class governing things, only instead of the made-up excuses they gave like "the superiority of the noble fighting man" or "divine right to rule" they give more tangible reasons that involve their ruling class being wiser and more charismatic then normal human being, and having divine superpowers along with a natural inclination towards altruism.

Instead of royalty and nobility marrying it would be different divine bloodlines, that's all.

That was actually already the claim for many rules, hence concepts such as the Chinese "Mandate of Heaven" or the European "Divine Right to Rule".
It would just be much more literal and perhaps even true in this case.

So it's basically an improvement. You'd probably end up with a lot of people trying to bang celestials.

The nobility would realise how unfair it is to over look those who lack celestial blood and seek to rectify this without losing the benefit of their trend towards being Good.

How do they tell what is Celestial?
There are a ton of Tieflings and other planetouched that LOOK the part.
Just curious.

>Court intrigue trying to get your child to become the next king/queen
>Bang a Celestial.
>Your son/daughter end up being decent people due to celestial blood.
>Intrigue stops there...

Fine at first.
Eventually incest to up Celestial Units per noble fouls everything up as the become increasingly incompetent.

Convinced of their own worthiness and divinity they eventually either Shanghai whatever religion or god in the region thought this was a good idea and lead the people astray forming cults and heresies with the Royal Line as central figures.

From there it's probably a not so slow burn into abuse of power regardless of intent by an increasingly isolated and inhuman ruler that likely can't stop harming it's citizenry because it doesn't understand how. And likely views them as lesser in any event.

After all, everyone they know has some Celestial in them and is therefore explicitly superior to normal races.

I can see the doujins already.

Celestial could mean anything thing not from this world...
I hope you like your love craftian horrors mating with your qt princesses

Use of the term "aasimar" implies D&D, so I think "celestial" means they're from the upper plans and are at least Good-aligned lovecraftian horrors.

>I hope you like your love craftian horrors mating with your qt princesses

Sounds a little like Mulhorand from Forgotten Realms to me.

angel thread?

Do Celestials suffer from incest? Also Celestial being Good probably wouldn't force there kids to marry anyone closely related if they knew it would result in negative genetic influence on their grandchildren and then there would be a bunch of Celestial nobles mixing with random regular blooded knights or rogues or merchant princes they fell in love with and their Lieges and parents wouldn't have the heart to tell them "No".

This is basically Exalted.

I now have the urge to create a Tiefling revolutionary, bent on overthrowing the divine monarchy to help the downtrodden infernal touched lower class.

There's always one. And now, two.

Knowing human nature, it results in a lot of pregnant angels, a lot of "immaculate conceptions" and a bunch of savvy succubi with white wings collecting souls like it's a fucking banquet.

our glorious revolution grows! we will not be held back because of the cruel twist of fate that we were born with horns instead of wings, why should we be treated like third class citizens starving in the gutters while they live on cloud nine papered to their hearts content!

On that note I think said revolutionary would probably be a rouge maybe multiclass into some sort of spellcaster later down the line, infernal bloodline awakening and all the you know.

So long as their magic blood stops the downsides of incest then things should go great so long as they aren't douchebags.

D&D? inherent alignments of celestials means the world becomes better.

Depends on how strongly celestial blood actually correlates to goodness. "If angels governed men" and all that.

There would probably be no small amount of controversy on that very point whenever anyone wants to challenge a ruler's claim to the throne. Not unlike "birther" conspiracy theorists in recent US presidential elections.

everybody seems to be focusing on the "good" in the "lawful good". for the sake of argument what if their descended from the judge dread "wrath of god" type celestial.im not saying that we get a full blown tyrant on our hands but I don't think it will necessarily be all sunshine and rainbows, especially if you consider that court intrigue exists and said nobility is still part human and prone to human foibles and unintended consequences.

"If the Lady of Innsbrook is pure-blood; She'd have wings! The reason she dresses in such large robes is because she's an illegitimate heir!"

She's got wings of course, All four of em, black and white. That's why the duchess was executed. A pity too, she actually takes after her grandfather on his side. Don't tell the Duke; It's the job of a Jester to tell his lord things he cannot hear, but this is quite literally wings of a different color.

well lawful is one axis, lawful good tend to use the law to help people, lawful neutral go by the letter/spirit of the law and lawful evil tend to use it to screw people over and benefit themselves.

So a lawful good part-angel ruler would (in theory) be a better ruler than a regular mortal one.

That said, tendency =//= entire population.

So maybe the half-celestial ruler is a genuinely good person...who really fucking hates orcs, tieflings and dwarves (for different reasons) leading to segregation, race-based laws and codes and obvious bias in his actions?

The humans might think he's a great ruler, but to the orcs he's fantasy-hitler.

>fantasy hitler is a being sent from heaven to make the world a better place
just like the real one

>Chinese "Mandate of Heaven"
That's actually the opposite. It's not "god says I'm to be king, so don't depose me".
It's "god says the old king was bad, so don't get mad at me for deposing him".

I've done this with dragons instead of celestials.

You're the same OP who made that 'what if my cute anime fuccboi prince was captured by angels' thread, right?

Have you ever thought about death?

>I've done this with dragons instead of celestials.

DragonStar?

>How would this work out?
Well, we get to figure out what color Aasimar blood is.

I've never heard of that, but the idea has probably been done a bunch of times. If anything the different colors of dragons naturally lend themselves to it.

DragonStar is a 3rd party 3.5 edition setting for D&D.

Basically D&D in space with the biggest empire being ruled by dragons with half-dragons and elves (inc. drow) as lower-tier nobility and mortal races being commoners.
Chromatic and metallic dragons both exist in the empire and whilst they all scheme and politick, few are dumb enough to try to destabilise the Empire.

Sadly I never actually got to run a game in it, would have been fun.

>European "Divine Right to Rule".
>It would just be much more literal
The European Right to Rule was pretty literal, they claimed to be descended from the original King David.

We have nothing to lose but our chains! We have everything to gain but wings!

You leave Maximillian out of this, you hear?

>the revolution triggers a further elemental-blooded separatist movement, which wants nothing to do with Outer Sphere politics and breaks away to avoid the devastating civil war that's coming

>tfw no red-haired celestial gf