Okay...

Okay, so I have been meaning to make a Ponyfinder campaign for a bit of time now and I have 3 ideas I'm considering here.

Missing Chaos

"The newly reformed god of chaos has gone missing from the land of Equestria, yet his strange magic floods forth from the unknown as evil cultist turn all they come across upside down. Has discord gone back to his evil ways, or is their something else going on behind the scenes."

In this campaign a group of cultist who did not enjoy that the mare 6 reform the god of discord and so have found away to seal the god away and tap into his power to use as their own, causing havoc in his name.

Return of The Ice Alicorn

"The winters in the south have always been fierce, but the storms have grown increasingly more dangerous lately. Whispers of a forgotten princess surge on the cold winds, and some say the windigo bring these chilled words and with it the coming blizzard of a new rule."

Snowdrop has returned from the grave in this campaign, and with her one of the power artifacts know as the alicorn amulets as well. She holds a grudge and her plans for vengeance will see all of Equestria in snow.

(this one is heavily inspired by wow lore and the flash The Return of Snowdrop by Dragon Prophecies Studios)

Spreading Darkness

"Ponies are disappearing from the streets of the crystal empire, and crime has rose to an all time high. shadows are creeping into the minds of neighboring lands and the coming of the fallen king brings with it new found nightmares"

Sombras horn has finally taken root in the empire and is gathering him an army, but he knows his power is yet not enough and so seeks to gain another, that of what remains of nightmare moon.

I would like comments , questions and concerns asked to help me flesh out the ideas you guys liked the best.

Missing Chaos sounds good to me. I've done something similar in regular pathfinder. Just don't make the cultists TOO obvious. A cult doesn't succeed by being OUT there. Not at first. They turn out to be your neighbor or your cousin.

>Missing Chaos
Succeed or fail, the party watches as the cultists' ritual summons Discord. If the party had failed, they get to fight a mad chaos god/get an end about the Mane Six saving the day but only after the party's minds were broken. If they succeed, Discord appears in a towel and showercap, shrieks, chases the remaining cultists off by being them over the head with a mooing herring, and teleports away, saying something about being late for tea.
>Snowdrop
It's shit/10
>Sombra
So sort of like what Tirek did? Ponies vanish, evil surely becomes stronger until amazing showdown with the PCs?

That image might get you banned, though.

That's the right idea for Discord, i'd say. It might actually be even funnier if he doesn't quite know that he's been sealed away or that his power is being tapped into until a botched ritual to bring him out occurs. Maybe he has a weird itch behind his ear or something, but it would show that it's so minor to him that people are sapping his power that he doesn't really notice.

>being them over the head
Beating*, although I could see Discord chasing ponies around with floating doppelgangers.

Yeah, and the difference between endings is if he blames ponykind for the itch (bad end) or just the cultists (hilarious end)

Since we brought up Ponyfinder, has anyone ever actually mingled it with a regular PF or 3.5 game? I've had players ask to give it a shot, and it went surprisingly well.

The Idea behind missing chaos is discord has been trapped by these cultist using some sort of artifact or ritural (maybe both) after he becomes a goodish guy ,then they use his power for themselves to sow evil chaos across the land, such as railing up monsters to attack villages, causing the lands king to go loopy and advising him in shadows afterwards (telling him to chop the heads of ponies and make them into drums to play in his court), seeding in lies to out of the way villages causing mass distrust. These subtle ways in which the pcs can trace back to the source.

>in a surprise twist, you defeat the cultists by rescuing Discord
>to do that, you give him enough strength to break confinement
>find his prison and start arguing

Something like that, but he takes ponies and brainwashes them into shadow creatures to forum an army while he searches for the lost power of nightmare moon to take into himself then, if he succeeds he will use that power to bring his army through the nightmares of Canterlots ponies and take down the cite from the inside .

This is an interesting thought and could be an alternate path in which (after much shenanigans) Discord, instead of helping them, gives them his power ( in the form of mythic lvls) to do his work for him (and crazy chaos power shenanigans for them as well)

I think for that idea, you'll have to make a decision of where the pivotal points occur, and where the parties have the chance to stop it. Do you want them to have failed so you can have the climactic battle outside of Canterlot? Or do you want them to be able to thwart him before his plans go through fully? As the GM, you gotta have that idea in mind beforehand to know how the flow of the game will be.

Oh man do I know what you mean.
I want it to end while it is still in the Crystal Empire when he gets Nightmare moons power. At which point the pc will have a big fight with him, the idea of him taking his army to Canterlot through the dream is more like a if the fail scenario

Hmmm, no love for the would be alicorn Snowdrop? there is a good bit of story I have made up my own for this one, involving star-swirl the bearded creating the amulets , the betrayal of the two princesses, and her death by their hands. Till she is brought back as a winter witch lich by the windingos

No love for Snowdrop in general. If she were a changeling, being near me would either starve or poison her.

Ah, I see.
Personal feelings on the character itself aside (replace the name to another snowy counterpart to help) What is your take on the story for the scenario, any ideas to add to it?

die.

Nobody cares who you are
We’ll beat you with a bar
Die, you fucking Barneyfag
You’ll gain many more haters
Your intelligence won’t save you later
Die, you fucking Barneyfag

And you’ll bask in the shadow of your past childhood
But jet fuel can’t melt steel beams
Fuck off, you manchild, you fucktard, you loser,
Fuck off, you master of lies and deception, and die!

Can't have these fags shilling their shitty show outside of containment.

I should actually look at the ponyfinder setting one of these days. I don't like the system but a take on equestria made more "generic fantasy" and less modern like in the earlier seasons is something I'm interested in.

Keep it to your contaiment board you shitstain.

Barneyfag, show us your Sonata folder. Do you want to wife her? Or have her as your mommy maybe?

Nope. I don't even have one.

>Barney
>good

They really should, but refuse.

It's a good thing there were only 3 Barneyfags in this thread before.

These degenerates should all be killed

Well, at least he got some advice on his campaign before it all got shit on.

That's what happens when they shill outside of containment

kill them all