Fantasy role-playing campaign

>Fantasy role-playing campaign
>Each player controls a pair of lovers (a couple (two characters))

What would end up happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fwN0gcfrSxs
lasfsinc.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=448&Itemid=514
lasfsinc.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=395&Itemid=148
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

At worst, you'd see some weird fetishes or ideas of healthy relationships.
At best, you'd have an interesting game.

Typically, though, allowing players to control more than one character (outside of some special circumstances) is a gateway drug to players wanting to have an absurd number of characters.

Two halflings in a trenchcoat.

Lots of arguing over loot.
Combat takes forever.
Roleplaying is bad because half the interactions would be one play talking to himself.
Someone would touch someone else's waifu and start a fight.
Every player goes full creep because they have to design a character their character wants to bone.
Magical realms all over.
Tons of fags.

What the fuck is up with that picture, OP?

>Playing a game
>You in-game wife dies
>Every other party-member still has his wife

Now is the time for ghost wife. Unless you took the "'til death do us part" thing seriously, I guess.

Sauce?

"WE'RE INVADING HELL TO GET HER BACK."

>user calm down, it's just a game. Also, she'd probably be in one of the good afterlives...

"AFTER THE SHIT WE DID IN CAMP SHE'S IN HELL. START PACKING, FOLKS."

My wife? She comes from the Eastern reaches of the Tug-Turrgar Cliff-Lands.
Alas, she is dead now. :(

If you're reffering to the pic,yes

>playing in game with friends
>we end up with characters of the same race and decide to have a background together
>he makes his character a girl
>now they're dating
>he's really serious about the whole thing
>it's really weird

I actually really want to do something like this for a Call of Cthulhu where each player stats out a married couple of characters together on a romantic retreat (that goes horribly awry).
But I want to add an extra twist: After stating out your happy couple, you must hand one of the two character sheets to another player so that everybody is playing another player's spouse.

Also, at some point in the adventure there will be a magical item that forces players to swap character sheets and play each others characters for the rest of the game session!

This doesn't sound fun at all.

Call of Cthulhu isn't supposed to be fun.

he's either a tranny or gay for you

gl man

Your best option is to just fuck him and get it all out of his system.

Don't forget to shout "no homo" afterwards so it isn't gay.

youtu.be/fwN0gcfrSxs

We sort of had something like that as prompted by the DM, that we create more than one character, to give the impression that the party was a larger group of people traveling together. The intent was that we each created one character for combat and one character for story, though some people also created a character for social interaction as well or for skills and stuff.

The end result though were some odd, even magical realm combinations, like a human rogue and his gobbo girlfriend/partner in crime, a druid and her intelligent giant wolf husband, an orc chieftess and her shota plunder slave, and eventually a dandy prince and his juvenile dragoness kidnapper. To name a few.

Depends on your group.

>Roleplaying is bad because half the interactions would be one play talking to himself.

This. This is the big reason why this is a bad idea.

How do we fix it?
Let a secondary DM control the wives?

Fix it like so:

>Also, at some point in the adventure there will be a magical item that forces players to swap character sheets and play each others characters for the rest of the game session!
I was actually with you until this part. That's just silly. Why force people to stop playing the characters they wanted to roleplay - and why would an in-canon item have an OOC effect?

A human monk and tiefling sorceress. Many Paths and Wild Magic. Fuck all of the things that move.

Because mind-shattering cosmic horror, that's why.
In fairness, it would only happen to people who fail their sanity rolls in the area immediately around this strange device, and I would only call for sanity rolls if somebody activates the damned thing.

Actually, if they were replaced by Serpent People, The Great Race, or Alchemist Spirit Possession, this would work fine....

Now, if/when The Great Race swaps people back, do you think they ever return people to the wrong bodies?

Also, I'm definitely using The Great Race in this adventure now. I'm still brainstorming.

Elements so far:

Each player stats a husband and wife pair
Each player hands one or the other off to another player
Everybody is playing somebody's spouse

The married couples all meet on some romantic getaway in a secluded area

Some weirdness happens

Husbands and wives are separated somehow, with husbands going out for supplies and the wives getting left behind at the hotel

The hotel has some a dungeon or something underneath it

There's a mysterious device that swaps minds

The Great Race is wrapped up in this somehow

H.P. Lovecraft himself is an NPC, but he's eased up on the racism a bit since becoming undead and converting to Islam. He misses his Jewish wife and regrets the way he destroyed his marriage.

...How do I connect the dots?

"No, you cannot send the females out to draw fire"

lasfsinc.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=448&Itemid=514

Merry christmas.

1970s Veeky Forums was way more /d/ than the Veeky Forums of 2016. these fucks knew how to get their freak on.

lasfsinc.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=395&Itemid=148 Fuck, late 1960s, you were pretty fly.

Google tells me it's an image of George Barr, a prominent 1970s fantasy artist. What is next to him appears to be an exceptionally well done cosplay/fursuit. I can't find a direct source for the image.

These are glimpses into the past, friends gathering to celebrate their interest in an age before the internet. Each one a moment in time, a frozen moment we are lucky enough to see.

>half the interactions

>not 1/(n-1) of the interactions
pls

Hadrian would be, well, verbose about their fucking, in the form of a to page graphic poem.

And we would be okay with it. He barely reads or writes outside of rpg, it's good to see it encouraging him to do so.

>A human monk and tiefling sorceress
>Not aasimar monk and tiefling sorceress
You fucked up user.

They reached level 20 together already and have saved one another dozens of times. She envies his freedom to roam, he envies her pragmatic nature. They compliment the others weaknesses and supplement one anothers strengths.

>that costume

>Typically, though, allowing players to control more than one character (outside of some special circumstances) is a gateway drug to players wanting to have an absurd number of characters.
This, holy shit.

I once allowed it because I only had 3 players, and they lacked a ton of utility in their group (Dark Heresy where they weren't allowed to draw on outside forces), so I let them have 2 each.

And all of a sudden, they started asking for MORE characters, and they ended up having about 5 each, before I had to cut down and say we had to remove a few.

Forced them to select 1 each, and then killed off the rest, and used the "survivors" to be promoted through Ascension, as Inquisitors and similar high ranking classes.

Took them 1 week to ask for new actual PCs they controlled.

Don't ever fucking do it unless you know your players well enough to know this wont happen. (Read: You probably don't.)

I played a pair of lovers once, kobolds, they tried to be sneaky about it.

Generally remained tasteful in public, some hand holding or minor snuggling if they'd been drinking. Party found it endearing and not annoying so I didn't stop. Though the other players started a running joke that since they were both stealth kobolds with really high stealth scores they were probably discreetly boning nearby whenever they were both out of sight at the same time.

In all of my current games, the players have two characters each. However this is because there's only four of us, and we all play various games together with different players being GM, and it lets us have a good number of varied characters in different roles despite there only being 3 players. It's worked great so far.

A whole new level of minmaxing.

It would be bad cause someone in the group wold play an old married couple and both of them would be wizards and that would not end well for anyone near by.

did a quick google search. Search Hannah Stocking Red Dress

Is that George Barr hugging an enlarged kobold?

Yeah I could only see something like that working in a system where players make multiple characters that wait around in town, but can only take one on their current "mission"
Sorta dungeon crawler style

>look closer at the arms

These rule. Look at this fucking star pimp.

Boring game. Couple should be played by different players.

is the source of this dirty?
If so, can I have it?

You can have anything you want if you learn how to find it.
There are dozens of different reverse image search engines.

>Best guess for this image: cartoon
oh, whatever