What's the point of having millions dollars worth of bitcoins without the ability to cash them all out at once and...

what's the point of having millions dollars worth of bitcoins without the ability to cash them all out at once and immediately have a fortune under your name?
ive tried dealing with btc and/or buying things using btc and most companies/services only deal with fractions of fractions, nothing big or serious. i don't think there's any point to bitcoin unless you're gonna use the virtual currency to maybe fund a business or place a big investment in something. it's almost useless when it comes to personal use.

Other urls found in this thread:

yegor256.com/2017/08/15/bitcoin-pyramid.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Companies are slowly going to enable cryptocurrency payment. But if you want to stay a cuck to your bank, feel free to do so.

>slowly
this is an unstable currency, it might be worth absolutely nothing if companies slack off and take their time to support it, pointless argument to be honest

Just because it's fragile doesn't mean it doesn't work.

I hate this meme, cashing out crypto is the easiest thing ever

The point is that it's just stable enough to hide your untaxed legacy currency. It's not like you'd be able to spend large amounts of it in dollar form anyway so you've lost nothing on the liquidity front.

Not on the scale of the top holders. Sure you can pretty easily move single-digit BTC but not "a fortune."

Look at why steam no longer accepts bitcoin. It's an ancient dinosaur that the devs and community refused to scale.

Yeah and then, right, what will happen is that the Klingons will conquer New Cardasia and Captain Kirk will be transpoted into the future and he will save us all and bitcoin will be the winner. and BTW aircraft fuel cannot melt steel beams

How do you get around the withdrawal limits?

yegor256.com/2017/08/15/bitcoin-pyramid.html

Verify your identity

Can anyone explain to me the difference between Ethereum and Bitcoin? I understand that they run on similar blockchains (Ethereum being more advanced), but I don't understand how Ether can be used by businesses.

fuck off fuck off fuck off

>>>/biz

want to buy a game for 15$ + bitcoin transaction fee 8$, it's the future!

If I had 50btc, I would cash out 20 starting from now.
Even tho the price might go up.

The ability to cash out is a real poain in the ass

Bitcoin decentralized record keeping. Ethereum decentralizes a number of other computational tasks and uses ether as a p2p payment system within this virtual environment.

if you have a lot of BTC you can find people who will buy it all at once, independent of exchanges.

just make your fee really low and be patient.
I get that it is stupid but if you don't care about waiting why the fuck not?

Depends which country you live in

This is like saying what's the point of owning 200 million in Facebook shares if you can instantly liquidate them without crashing the market

>thinks he can cash out

name an asset where you can immediately exchange it for large sums of money.

not bitcoin

Wtf are you guys talking about all the time?

Can't you do unlimited wire transfers from Gemini?

I've done many wire transfers (under 10k, though) no problem.

Wells Fargo doesn't give a fuck anymore since they got cucked by the government so hard... now they want to appease customers.

/thread

a full cash out is the exact opposite of the intent of having bitcoin.that's the point. not to cash out. this is a new paradigm

*Can't

And so simply transfering me couple of hundreds bitcoins would diminish your problem: 1wiTZ4vG1Uqn8AHNwcucGks6wVGf3A2vS

literally any REAL security traded on any REAL exchange
market makers are obliged to buy from you at market price to ensure liquidity

i can liquidate a million dollars instantly, though. not in the bank instantly, but thats obvious. banking has always been slow as fuck... thus another reason for bitcoin in the first place.

let me guess, youre completely new to all of this?

"A fool and his money are soon parted" is hardly a new paradigm.