ITT: truly enormous, geographical feature-sized monsters

ITT: truly enormous, geographical feature-sized monsters.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3iFHB0UfJqI?t=1249
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If this was in subnautica I'd probably buy it.

Do cosmic world eaters count? I have a few.

1/5

2/5

3/5

What the flying fuck is that astronaut-like figure supposed to be?

4/5

An astronaut, I imagine.

5/5

My favorite.

Yo some of those cosmic world eaters have a FAT ASS

>An astronaut, I imagine.
With a tether many times longer than a galaxy?

The astronaut is actually another monster.

Only when those cosmic world eaters have ass for days. Literally. Talk about a full moon, amirite? Sum of dat gravitationally locked double bubbles. Mmm mmm.

World-eaters, you say?

I recall some RPG that had the midgard serpent fuck over the world, but some A-bomb effort managed to blow its brains out? The world map had the corpse wrapped around it. I thought it was Engel or something, but apparently I can't remember which game it was.

>The sun is actually a colossal monster that protects us from other cosmic horrors.
I like this idea, it'd make for a good story.

Didn't some user find out once that this thing was a prey animal?

I just can't really take things spatially THAT large seriously.

How much nutrition would a rock mostly made up of oxygen and silicon have to a creature that large anyway?

On those scales, you either throw out realism as a factor entirely, or you technobabble up a completely different basis for life than the one we currently know in order to make it at least vaguely feasible.

I'm almost more curious what the red light source in the lower left is if he's swallowing a fucking galaxy.

The Day After Ragnarok.

Fuck year!

Ever watch Men in Black? The end where it shows that our galaxy is in a marble being played with by some aliens? I think the art is going into the idea that our galaxy is an insignificant piece of another creatures exisitance outside of our perception

How is there still a British empire when Britain itself is squashed?

What goes on in the taint?

spot the liberal arts major

If Subnautica wasn't a half finished piece of shit without coop I'd probably buy it. But I guess we all have our standards.

maybe its just eating planets for fun?

>Serpent Taint

oh baby

So what's the serpent curtain like then, just a giant fucking snake?

I haven't even gone to college and I know that doesn't have anything to do with liberal arts at all. I bet you're the same guy that said law was an art degree.

I'm not and it is.

I don't have friends so I don't care about coop, but I'll probably get the game when it's finished.

World eaters are stupid.
They are so big and huge they pose no actual threat, because they aren't things you can fight against.

Moved to Australia.

Monsters and shit.

For some reason I can never stare at this one for too long. It creeps me out and I can't pin why. The other world/galaxy sized monsters don't.

Wish the Old Gods from WoW had better pictures.Pic related was rooted deep enough to nearly touch the planet's core

Because changing what is now a somewhat goofy dude who has failed so much into a properly horrifying great old one lets you realize the former's potential?

That's true for any monster past a certain size though. I mean, what are those guys in gonna do to that thing? They'll probably be crushed by flying debris before they even reach it.

>no actual threat
What about eating the world?

So how do you think one should handle combat between massively different sized opponents? The Shadow of the Collosus 'climb the big guy and stab it in it's weak points for massive damage' is done to death and only rely relies on the idea that big=slow thus broadcasts an attack like a god damn commercial.

I am not trying to be snide or something I genuinely want to know. I love giant monster combat and want it to be the best it can be.

Hard mode: Don't say it can't/should not be done. This is fantasy, anything can happen

I think he means more that there's no point in fighting them, so they pose no real 'threat'. They've already just up and won.

Lost Planet 2 had a boss that would swallow you alive, and as you went through its digestive sytem you could damage it from the inside. It was even necessary, as the only weak point would recede into its body after taking too much damage.

Get eaten and destroy it from the inside.

A snake corpse several hundred miles in diameter.

I've never played the game, but I imagine the top of the body is outside the atmosphere. and the rotting, poisoned flesh makes digging your way through it problematic at best. At the base of it, all you'd see is a big wall of green.

>no oxygen
>crushing pressure
>extreme heat
>no room to maneuver or swing your weapon
>constantly moving

The only thing that plan could work on is a slow, mostly hollow worm-like monster that will refuse to put up a struggle as you walk into its house-sized interior.

I am admittedly just enamored by the idea of the players being HALO'ed on to the monster in order to plant explosives on its vulnerable parts, while they have to fight the ecology living on the creature,.

also obligatory post

Depends on the size. This thing could be big enough that the PCs are essentially a virus fighting the creature's immune system.

Kite it to an active volcano, or someplace equally unpleasant.

Drop an asteroid on it.

Summon another giant monster to fight it: the "all-kaiju Pacidic Rim" approach.

Use James T. Kirk-logic to break it's brain and force a self destruct.

The monster's unbeatable. But it's phylactery is, while well defended, relatively easy to destroy.

Your picture is so apt. I need the answers for an Elder Scrolls game I am planning.

I'd say that what everyone is aiming towards is first you need to define what weaknesses these creatures have. If the players can find said weakness, than anything will work. Literally anything. I once played in a game where one of the main baddies was alergic to mint of all things. So we found a planet which grew mint in large quantities, "liberated" it, and then manufactured mint coatings and mint bullets for our weapons.

Monster design 101 is to know how your players can defeat it, and then help them recognize it. Whether it's glowing bits that you shoot, or an old man they pass by telling stories of other people taking down these creatures.

It is not.

To fight monsters, we must create monsters. Magical monsters.

Reminds me of Galactus

As best we can.

It's a category 4

Use high school girls who fight with the power of rock. Pic unrelated.

youtu.be/3iFHB0UfJqI?t=1249

>well, shit.

suspend your disbelief faggot

There's something oddly plausible about it. Other world-eaters are personified as animals or humanoids. This version of Galactus doesn't have limbs, or claws, or anything familiar. It reminds me of one of those deep-sea jellyfish that just floats around in the darkness and subsists off of the odd food particle. The realization that we're just part of the diet of an unthinking, unfeeling space creature is what makes the picture unnerving.

>experience point cost

is this a thing in certain systems?

>uh, Houston? You've got... Uh... You got a problem. A pretty big one.

dwarfing anything posted here - your mum

DND3.x.

In the online MMO Dungeon Fighter Online they have to fight a turtle the size of an island. They take out weak points along its body to disable it, and finish it off by getting inside and destroying its heart

>mfw my house is directly under the serpent

>I can see my house from the...
>oh shit

so the Spine of Deathwing?

Im not sure why but it reminds me of Silmarillion

>mfw my house is now in Russia

Dat ass.

I just love the fact that Ireland isn't in the Empire.

>you can't fight world eaters

You can if you're not a pussy.

I really like this one. I don;t know why, but I really really do.

forgot the picture

does lighting really work the same way on that scale as it does on our scale? Would a pencil being shone on by a lamp look the same as a planet sized pencil shone on by the sun in outer space?

No idea but i always liked the idea that humans or humanoids species developed Fuck You level of spells just for these occasions.
I used to have an example but I can't find it so maybe a kind user can post it.
Basically it's a gigantic stone golem thing shambling towards a village and this female mage is floating surrounded by red circles shooting a fuck you laser big enough and strong enough to carve out a hole almost as big as the monsters entire torso.
Bigger monster? Same concept just fire more or use more mages.

>mfw Texas gets stuck with the blue states
It doesnt feel any worse then it already does, im just moderately disappointed.

Is there any good art of Ancalagon?

Pic unrelated

Quit your bitching and protect america from the poisoned land immigrants as well, or are you going to "secede" again.