Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH
mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/[WtF]The_Pack.PDF
mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_&_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
theonyxpath.com/v20-summer-bundle/

Promethean 2e is out
>richfags
drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition?manufacturers_id=4261&language=en&affiliate_id=498510
>poorfags
sendspace.com/file/jwiihm

>Mage 2e Errata
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing

>Demon
mega.nz/#F!3ElwBRpK!pC3J0VfZr2wnUSCuRcDj_w

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/and-that-was-the-gen-con-that-was-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
Which antagonist is the best?

>Which antagonist is the best?

Whichever one is the most Zef

So how do you handle Lacuna? Because it seems like a super shitty thing to have your extra special experience stolen away by the antagonists. I feel like it'd be a dick move to use Lacuna on the players, even if I think the concept is great.

>Which antagonist is the best?
Rivals. Rivals are more interesting than any other type of antagonist.

are there a list of Conditions online?

So, dickbag Sin-Eaters, then.

lacuna

matata

lacuna

matata

If they're Zef af, yes.

Sin-Eaters are the splat most likely to be Zef as fuck, since their whole deal is embracing the "junky" parts of culture.

Have any freelancer submissions here heard back yet?

What the fuck is "Zef" and who let the South Africans into the thread?

Trust me, you're not going to hear back for a while. Took me three months to hear back and I jumped in not long after OPP started opening general submissions way back when.

>coming up on my fifth month

help

EVILBOY4LYFE

Hey /cofdg/, do you have a fursona? Tell us about them!

If you sent it to Monica, you probably won't hear back until late September.

I shot mine off in late April and hope I hear back soon. I understand how long all this takes, but the wait is still nerve-wracking...

Xi's a wolf.

My Fursona is the Zef rat-queen of JBerg

Mine's the F-19. He's very shy, and doesn't come out all that often.

If you don't hear back by next month, submit something else.

What is that

It's a Pathfinder sourcebook.

atamajakki has one

The next gameline after Deviant. It's to replace Changing Breeds and satisfy the need for a "build your own shapeshifter" book.

What is the Vampire the Masquerade equivalent of
You all meet in a tavern?

"So you're at Elyisum"

>Oh god, I loathe Hill's 2E Tokyo setting so fucking much.
I don't. It's honestly not that bad, aside from a few things, and the Vocaloid that's becoming real is one of the better aspects. I don't even like Hill that much.

I was actually working on making a sheet for Nana Natsu on F-list, but after reading how Extempore work, I'm less interested in dealing with that bullshit. I do still have the notes from when I came up with her template, though. Couldn't think of an interesting Bestowment.

Anyone tried the 2E Mage Tokyo setting?

People play in the sample settings?

The VtR Montreal setting inspired me enough to painstakingly research and create a 1750s Montreal prequel setting that folded partway through the first session.

What's wrong with those?

I've always wondered about general James Wolfe as a Prince for, like, Quebec City or Toronto or somesuch...

>that folded partway through the first session.

Woof. Sorry to hear that. What happened?

The Sanctified Nosferatu talked to a bartender about a known drunk in town in the very first scene and then say murdered every mortal in the scene. When I asked why he would do that, he explained that he ran out of things to say. My other players made a drunken pirate a Celtic witch-cultist... for a game about the struggle between British mercantile interests, French Catholic missionaries, and angry native Iroquois.

Players from this same group bailed on me one session into a Mummy game set in Roman Alexandria and explained that they didn't actually like history.

I don't play games anymore.

Is wod related vidya discussion allowed here? I'm about to play vtm bloodlines for the first time. what should I expect?

Don't play a Malkavian or a Nosferatu for your first playthrough, make sure to put some points into weapons, don't open it.

Have fun.

fug, those are two of my favorite clans.

So what other tabletop games do you go to in order to scratch your urban fantasy/occult horror itch?

I'm in love with pretty much all of Pelgrane Press' GUMSHOE games, and then of course Delta Green and Unknown Armies.

>I don't play games anymore.

Aw shit that's a sad. Would you play online if offered the chance?

Nosferatu are difficult to play first time through because of the fact that there's no Mask of 1000 Faces to hide their crazy, so they have to stealth everywhere with Obfuscate which is crawlingly slow, outside of Masquerade-free combat areas.

Malkavian ruins the storyline by being a fucking Fishmalk.

Brujah and Tremere are two of the better starters.

so you can obfuscate but not do the mask, what the hell?

Is it possible to make a Mage vidya? I think you'd need access to game source code

All of the Disciplines were reworked to fit into an FPS/Half-Life game style framework. It doesn't use the tabletop powers at all.

Obfuscate is primarily just invisibility, but it causes you to crouch and slow-walk when you use it.

You'll also want to make sure it's patched. Raw Bloodlines, there's a LOT of game-breaking bugs that can end up fucking up and making you have to start over.

yeah i'm having to jump through a lot of hoops just to get it to even start, i get some error message about memory i'm reading up on in the steam forums.

Tremere are a fun playthrough, it's what I did on my first playthrough. Auspex is super useful, as it buffs your mental abilities which in turn buffs some feats like investigation, so you have a better chance of finding stuff or being able to hack passwords, for example. Thaumaturgy is both offense/defense, particularly later Thaum like Blood Purge. Dominate is useful for combat in this version (you can force people to kill themselves at higher levels, up to Mass Suicide on many individuals), and it opens up dialogue options in social situations.

I'd love to play UA sometime, but there's this running joke in my group that it's my own personal version of The Scottish Play. My first computer had a massive motherboard failure when I wanted to get a campaign going, the PDF file I put on my old iPod to read the book would always upload blank, stuff like that.

Here's hoping Third Edition doesn't blow up this computer, it's all I got and I need it to make me monies.

Anyways, it's not quite in that vein, but I'm a huge fan of Lacuna Part I by Jared Sorenson.

How come the Mega has none of the 2e corebooks?

Lacuna it back out!

Lol unfortunately that doesn't work. But still.

Use it once, and then your PCs will be super scared of every pandoran.

Are rivals the deviant guys?

How do I score a cute mummy waifu for my Tremere character?

I think he meant literal rivals, as in "someone who is also part of the PC group but has goals opposite yours," rather than the "you but evil" group.

Stop being so Zef.

Online Condition cards where?

Nowhere, because there's no point in using them online.

>I don't play games anymore.
Hey, I did invite you to play Promethean, but you didn't reply.

That's an odd way to spell Toreador.

>You'll also want to make sure it's patched. Raw Bloodlines, there's a LOT of game-breaking bugs that can end up fucking up and making you have to start over.
It's also just a really shitty game that opens up great and was rushed by the halfway point. After defeating Andre the first time, I'd suggest just turning Noclip (or invincibility) on and avoiding the long, huge, winding corridoors of enemies with stunlocking machineguns.

See though I also meant "you but evil" groups. Like the Psycho Rangers from Power Rangers.

I remember reading a book with some fighting styles for Chronicles of Darkness. Does anyone know which book it's in?

For nWoD in general? Probably Armory, from 1e
For CofD specifically? That'd be Hurt Locker, which isn't out yet, but there's open dev spoilers for it

I finally caved in and sent in another submission, this time one I haven't publicly posted anywhere. Fingers crossed they like one of them and get back to me soon!

Armory Reloaded is the one with fighting styles.

Probably a bad idea, to be honest.

Why? It's been four months and I figured there's no harm in giving them something radically different to look at might help.

Best of luck!

It's been a couple of months. Writing styles can change in that amount of time, and the submission was in April. It'll be fine.

Which Ramble do you like the best?

The fiction about Hendaid Bran, Israel Hands, and Sistser Stitch made me weep like a fucking child. It was so nice to see those characters again.

Helps if I remember the file

I was just telling my potential players about Hendaid Bran. What happens? I recall people saying last time that they killed an innocent girl.

No idea why was saved as a jpg. I blame Imgur.

Hakan's Ramble legit makes me cry.

What are these rambles from?
I'm woefully out of the loop, I think.

There's no Osiris Ramble and two Galatea ones.

Promethean 2e. They're essentially the backstories of the Prometheans. Or at least snippets from their lives or advice to other Created.

Promethean the Created 2e core rulebook.

So can a Promethean create someone of a different Lineage in 2e? I know in 1e, you could help others, but Lineage also had to be an unbroken line of Azoth passed from one Promethean in the Lineage to the next.

Osirins are too cool to ramble, duh.

Is it Ruling of Shielding If I make a spell where water will never become an impediment to my character? With the spell active I'll never be swept away by a current or have water impede my motions.
+ Reach will make water enhance my movements

>Ruling of Shielding

?

or*

Shielding, and you'll have to do without the Reach effect, since that's getting beyond the scope of the spell.

I see. So what practice will I need so that I swim like a fish as the very water around me gives way or the current pushes me to where I want to go

Perfecting

cool! I assume perfecting as well to make a layer of breathable air around you which filters oxygen from whatever body of water you are swimming in?

More Matter Patterning, transforming the diffuse oxygen into a breathable gaseous form.

Ruling Forces could create such a bubble of air by pushing all the water away, but wouldn't be able to extract breathable oxygen from it.

Does anyone have OP art without the text? It's pretty cool.

>girl with gun

Ukrainian cop?

"So, you've all just been embraced"
"And Elder has demanded your presence"
and
"You are at a nightclub"
all work work as well.

My favorite character is a rabbitesque Runnerswift Changeling. That close enough?

Because it hasn't been updated for a year and a half.

You and your Cabal are restrained by some cannibals in an Ancient Ruin. You wonder how you got in this situation. Cheeky Acanthus casts Postcognition to remind us whose fault it is.

Hunter/Werewolf/Vampire, Mage in the middle. I'd assume.

Which compact/conspiracy?

To not be hurt by most natural water, you'd want a Shielding spell. Since you're talking currents, that'd probably be Forces, as opposed to Matter, but I'd still allow Matter. Patterning Life would give you gills, Matter could transmute the water, and I'm pretty sure Forces could make a bubble around your head. Going faster in water could also be any of those three, though Matter/Forces would move or change the water, while Life would change you.

I unfortunately don't have the no-text version. It is, however, the cover to one of the Dresden Files Fool Moon comics. It's one of the two covers for Volume 3 (this is the other), that I edited to be a thread starter ages ago.

So it's actually Murphy, Dresden, Harley McFinn, and Kim Delany.

Iron Comrade Initiative.

So what happens to you when you are hit by a tidal wave while this spell is active?

>So it's actually Murphy, Dresden, Harley McFinn, and Kim Delany.

Huh. I thought it was Murph/McFinn/Lea

She kind of looms over him a lot in the early books.

But if it is Kim, that explains it...

For Ruling the water parts around you. Shielding deflects it away from you, but debris will still crush you since the spell only affects water

With the Forces 4 Attainment? You'd get wet.

So I have a 3 dot Sleepwalker Retainer who happens to be my lover. Is the Loved 3-dot merit useful?

Lea's not in the series at that point. Kim is all ghostly because... well.

Very.

any spoilers from Signs of Sorcery?

Yes, OP is a worthless fuck and didn't include it though.