How can I convince the owner of my local game store that he needs an Innovation Manager...

How can I convince the owner of my local game store that he needs an Innovation Manager, and that I'm the man for the job?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LI_Oe-jtgdI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If he has any sense, it'll be impossible.

>How can I convince someone he needs my services, when he clearly doesn't?
I dunno, man, just look at the majority of KickStarters.

Explain your thesis on how Waifus are the secret to commercial success.

You're obviously not fit for the job if you can't innovate enough to get it.

Get one of those and use it to make him offer he can't refuse.

youtube.com/watch?v=LI_Oe-jtgdI

Ha!

I love you.

>Innovation manager
For a local gamestore, that immediately sets off several alarm bells in my head.

Define the job role and what you plan to do in the position, and maybe we'll talk.

It sounds as though you are trying to sell him a service, and a vague one at that. Trying talking to him exactly what you have to offer and why he needs it. Alternately, settle for some sort of contract work to do something specific

Why would a small scale gaming store even need one? Sounds more like you want to scam yourself into a position where you get paid to do no actual work. Even if you were to succeed in convincing him that he should hire you to do a job he likely doesn't need anyone to do you're likely to lose it again almost immediately, or having to do pretty much the same work as everyone else there for the same pay.

>or having to do pretty much the same work as everyone else there for the same pay

Oh. I intend to work from home.

Max our Charisma and Diplomacy, then pray to the dice gods you roll high.

>he needs an Innovation Manager,
like said, this sounds like some vague not-job title that's just going to put a strain on the game store's revenue. and god knows they most LGS can't spare that.

Try applying to the store under a REAL job title, like 'clerk' or 'cashier' or some-such, something that's clear-cut easy to understand, and something that is generally accepted as essential to most retail stores.

Hell I've never stepped in a gamestore and that sets off alarm bells as it's literally an Ideas guy.

There is a possible way, but you aren't going to like it because it involves actual work:

Collect statistics on new trends in the market. IE: Bozoland had 400,000 backers on kikestarter, or whatever. Prove to him that new ideas are a solid investment and back that up with numbers.

Tell him that you will be responsible for keeping track of all new developments in the market and determining which ones are profitable.

Also, this wouldn't be a full time job. You would like be paid $1000 to file him a report once every 6 months or something like that.

You're not getting that job as it doesn't exist anywhere except in your dreams.

This is clearly bait, but what the fuck I aint doing much right now anyway, so...

You're not getting this job. No one ever is gonna get this job. You want a job as a full time consultant for a single client that has no need for that service and couldn't afford it even if they did without any prior education or experience in the field. That ain't happening. Ever.

This looks like a job for Ideas Guy, the guy who has ideas. Failing that, he could always get a job as an online social commentator.

Simple. By becoming the owner yourself.

Hilarious.

This is not a full time job for somewhere that is not a large enterprise business. For SMB this will be a charge for a quarterly report and you'll need a decent number of customers to make it worth while.

If you're serious then start producing a report and give it to a load of game stores for free. You then follow that up with asking them to pay for another report a few months later.

Have sex with his wife

You don't.

I work as a Judge for MTG events, which is basically an independent contractor gig. To get judge work, especially with on-the-fence stores, I only have to do one thing: convince them that I am worth the price I charge. Now, I have a few ways to do that; I explain the benefits of having a certified Judge handy for their events, that it lends an air of authority and fairness to things if there's a certified judge to answer questions instead of "Terry, the rules guy", or depending on the one employee they have that MOSTLY knows Magic to not be busy selling copies of Concept or King of Tokyo when there's a dispute. I explain the events that are only available to them with a judge, I explain how I can help certify regulars (or employees) as L1 Judges to handle smaller things like FNM, yadda yadda.

That is Job One as any kind of service-provider when you're talking to a business owner: you have to convince them that you will give value equal to or greater than the price you are asking for your services. If you can't do that, you have no business being an idea guy.

> Not innovative enough to convince shop owner he needs an innovative manager

I'm hoping this males clear the problem with your qualifications.

>males clear
That was a major Fraudian cock in the mouth.