Malifaux- Selling your soul for Musical Fame Edition

Books;
mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.
New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Thread topics:
>Favorite member of the crossroads seven?
>If you would replace one of the CR7 with another musical artist look alike who would you choose?
> Why aren't we seeing the CR7 used more often considering they are all mercs and Lust and envy seem to be quite good in many lists?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/vJ5g0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OURS

So what things besides Mr. Tannen do you guys think would be good for an asami crew?

If I had to hazard a guess at why the 7 aren't seen so much its that they come in a box of 7 models where you will mostly use 1-3 at a time depending on faction and master. Hell I only have Envy because a friend gave him to me as he never planned on using him but heard he was good with Colette.

Well if you plan on needing scheme markers 10T Brothers are always good, the new horseman oni looks amazing and like an auto include. Toshiro pumps minions which Asami summons.

Hadn't considered toshiro...he and the jorogumo would be pretty nasty together.

Low River Monks to remove Slow from the summons maybe
Sensei Yu + WRS because repositioning markers for summoning
Toshiro, as stated.

>no resser model that looks like undead prince or michael jackson from thriller video

imgur.com/a/vJ5g0
Don't forget this one.

>the new horseman oni looks amazing and like an auto include
Why so? He just looks like a beater, and TT are not at a lack for those.

From last thread:

>Thematic campaigncrews
>Dr. Grimwell: 9
That sounds like a cool thematic crew.
I know folks have said that Grimwell and Heartsbane are solid-to-great. Are the orderlies worth shit?

>Titania
Damn son, those wings do look fantastic.
Like user said though, that gap/moldline is front and centre on the model, really should be fixed.

>Anna Lovelace
Great job.
The green looks way less out of place in the second pic too - it's a bit too flat and bright inthe first, but I suspect that's less obvious in real life.

>Colette advice
Oops, meant to reply to .

>Pic related
Didn't buy-er's remorse.

With Asami he can easily do 5 attacks a turn, 6 if you have a Yu to drag him back into Asami's aura and give him fast. Also, on a 0 he can give a minion a free attack that gets up to 3 extra damage.

>I know folks have said that Grimwell and Heartsbane are solid-to-great. Are the orderlies worth shit?
Their gimmick is spending a (2) on healing. Malifaux is a game about AP efficiency, and if something dies, the only loss is the AP you won't have in future turns. They're bad, but I want to think they're good in a campaign, where shit dying actually matters.
Do remember that a beater isn't all of what Lilith does, or even most of it. You're going to have to work around the rest of her gimmicks, but Colette has the tools to do it, if anyone does.

Yeah I feel that too - looks like wyrd wanted to top tier T10 - Asami is great as summoner needing only cards and you can basicly skip cheep models when listbuilding because you will get them with summoning at least for 2 turns (like Yokai) You can easly get like Jorugumo and this new flying dragonsmen into list together with yu and go from there - I will crap my pents if my neverborn heve to go aginst this bajcz :D

>>Pic related
>Didn't buy-er's remorse.
Damn it.

>Anna
Thanks man I do appreciate it.

So low river monk, Mr.Tannen, Toshiro, Sensei yu with low river style, the dude riding the Kirin, and her Oni totem would all be solid picks to start with, I feel like I should also have like an obsidian Oni to start with for some scrap markers at the beginning of the game.
Any others that might do reasonably well with asami?

I have a second one showing up this week, I got a friend of mine a johana and he decided to give me his miss fire as a thank you. So if you got some stuff to trade for it I'm all ears.

Obsidian only works against enemies though. And generally speaking I'd say Ama no Zako would be a nice pick too. the Ml5 is lacking but with focus +2 the 3/5/7 is killer

Hm I've got an ama no zaku sitting around anyway. What do you think about lust?

Also what list uses the lone samurai most effectively? I've got one and I have no idea what kind of list to put him in.

She's okay, though I think with Yu and Asami you already have plenty of movement tricks.
He works quite well with Shenlong and against Guild/Gremlins. Also if you want some big damage but are really strapped for SS.

10-4

Why Tannen?

The anti-cheat aura gives her some defense and the +2 to all masks helps with summoning. Wouldn't call him an auto-pick but for 6 SS with the -2 to Wk and Cg attack and his aura he's a solid pick.

I see they have the Hare/Tortoise thing slated for August. Is that out yet? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

>Wyrd place facebook group is filled with people whining about the patriarchy and how we need more representation for other races.

Just fucking kill me. The more I interact with this community the less I want to have to do with it. It's like all the retarded steam punk people jumped into Malifaux along with the special snow flakes who wanted to play a wargame but had to be edgy and pick the one without any dice.

I just want a nice community where I don't have to deal with fucking leftwing activist nutjobs. Is that so much to ask?

Are you the guy with the Spurdo profile pic?

Might be.

Sick of the place, going to try and get myself banned since I no longer need facebook.

I see their healing mentioned a lot, and it can be useful in some cases, but Wk 6, Ch 8, and unimpeded is what I see. So fast, especially in guild, it's just that you don't always need such a fast minion.

Well, with Ch 10 and flight he can blast out form Asami's charge aura and even he is a beefy enough over all model to act separate from her dominating any flank your opponent didn't dedicate to.

Then there is his 0 to stack the top 3 cards for Asmai's summoning. It's nice to know exactly what next so you can decide what oni to declare and when to spend SS.

Getting bored of trolling. I'm pretty sure the guy is a Jew but can't be bothered to call it out. I was expecting mods to step in by now.

It must be so hard for you to go to a place with people who have different opinions for you. Won't someone create a nice place for people with identical opinions to hang out and agree with each other? Perhaps some kind of "safe space."

Never understood that part. I thought all the cheese cake and objectifying women would keep them away.

Do you know what happens to communities infested with social justice people? They die. No one wants to deal with their constant shit fits, demands and name calling. Look at Atheism for a good example of what social justice does to a community. It's completely dead and the Earth has been salted.

I deal with other opinions fine. I don't deal with destructive people fine.

Can confirm that the one female wargamer in my area plays Malifaux because of the cute women (She runs Colette, kaeris, and is getting into Titania) and because it's a game about movement rather than fighting. She doesn't touch other wargames, because you can't win just by having a good grasp of positioning.

I played a game using titania today, I really like her, it's nice to have an actual properly tanky master in the faction, also scheme marker shenanigans are awesome.

Most of the female inclusiveness from Wyrd's part is just a clever business move, but from what I've seen about Nathan in the forums he is not the standard SJW neckbeard type, so it's not likely to game and the fluff would go full retard.

And if it goes to shit, there is always historical wargaming, good job pushing your progressive narrative on those systems.

>Look at Atheism for a good example of what social justice does to a community.
I love it when cancerous ideologies destroy each other.

Wyrd aren't progressives, they have told the rent seekers to fuck off in the past. I have no problem with the company, I have a problem with the community around it. Wyrd make random shit and make dumb references which appeals to that crowd as a "happy accident" mostly.

I'm sick of battling progressive bullshit constantly. I'm a /pol/ type but when it comes to gaming I keep my politics out of it, I'm there to game and discuss the same. It's the decent thing to do to not ruin people's hobbies with stuff that causes drama with nothing gained from it.

If you were a real /pol/ type you'd know that it's all a Jewish conspiracy to ruin your specific fun.

If he were a real /pol/ type he would know that Malifaux is degenerate.

I blame women as much as Jews. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink etc.

Idk. Ironsides seems like an attempt to shoehorn a strong black woman that don't need no man into the game.

I get that steam punk is like candy, but I thought the zombie hookers would dissuade some.

The NeverbornJew!

They named one of those boxsets are a feminist "anti rape" campaign where women walked around at night in their underwear to.. make the night safer?

Enough /pol/ shit, look at what just came in the mail.

I normally play Guild/Ressers/10T, but Sandeep looks super cool so we'll see how it goes.

No one gives a fuck about what shitty things you bought. If we want to see the box art we will google it.

WHAT'S IN THE MYSTERY BOX.

Do we need any pics of cards from here? Happy to provide.

We'll see when somebody wins my tournament.

calling it now, the little ones are both clear plastic witchling stalkers, the big one is either clear lynch or a clear whisky golem.

Can confirm that ladies really like Collette. My friend who got into the game started with her, Mei Feng, and Misaki but mostly played Collette.

She was also pretty into the look of the Viks but decided to focus Arcanists.

I guess they lurk among us, friendo.
, I'm with you, Malifaux seems to attract the ravenously intersectional type. However, in any community the most vocal are usually not the largest group. I'm glad I just play with my mates, but maybe I should take my cheesecake mods to other venues and see if they start lecturing me on internalized misogyny.

Sandeep looks pretty flexible. Pushes, places, extra interacts, a decent casting attack, and impossible to wound and arcane shield to make up for Df5. Seems like he'll want to stay protected while his crew uses his Ca actions to do their jobs.

Speaking of all this attraction to Malifaux, how did you guys first get into the game?

I previously only played dead games (legionnaires and autists are the most enjoyable fanbase) and until m2e only knew Wyrd as the company with the really shitty models. Then started using some of the plastics for conversions, and after their portfolio grew a few years later thought I'd finally try the game.

years and years ago I picked up the metal lady justice model just to paint because I thought it looked cool. Last year I found a game store locally and wanted to get back into tabletop gaming after a long break and picked Malifaux because I liked the now plastic models.

I played 40k for years, it was my first and only game. When it starting going to shit in 6th edition, I discovered other games like X-Wing and Malifaux. X-Wing had Star Wars, dogfighting, and simple/quick gameplay. Malifaux had the great lore, gorgeous minis, incredibly deep and satisfying gameplay.

About 2 years ago, my 40k gaming group all decided to jump in to Malifaux and we haven't looked back.

Some guys at my game store were playing while I was waiting for a Warmahordes game, so I watched and really enjoyed the more interesting skirmish rules (like the old 1e severe weather bullshit).

I always enjoyed funny greenskin models and the gremlins fit the bill

i just about have the entire faction fully painted but havent played a game yet

I got in couple of weeks ago.

I really hated Infinity, and Warmahordes mkiii is just completely shit so I wanted to fill the void.

Malifaux is basically my Infinity void.

MKIII is the same as MKII but with shuffled around models.

I don't want to derail the thread with more /pol/ stuff, but it kind of makes me want to make a SJW Ressers crew.

Like convert the Belles to hold signs that say "Undead, not Unpeople" And get Killjoy and greenstuff a bra and hair and replace the cleaver with a "Healthy at any Size" sign.

Mortimer would make a great Tumblrina conversion too.

>only knew Wyrd as the company with the really shitty models
I really like some of the older metal models. I prefer some of them to the new plastics.

Some of them are pretty bad though, like the metal Flesh Construct.

Basically way this guy said. I had invested hundreds in 40k for years. Every edition meant rebuilding your entire army if you wanted to be even mildly competitive.

I got the Somer box a pretty much fully playable army for $35.
It's cheaper, and the game itself is way way more fun.

I do too (alternate flesh construct, couple of the riders, avatar of entropy, rusty, alt viks), but I feel the vast majority were pretty bad.

You would have to pick the ugliest fattest models you could and maybe even post it so they're all abusing men in some fashion. Push it as far as possible.

So, I'm a bit slow for only seeing this combination now, but does anybody else run a nurse and Johan?

With the pair, you can fully heal a model and paralyze it, then Rebel Yell to get rid of the paralyze as a chain activation. Being able to bring a heavy hitter back to full health in a single activation seems huge.

It's not too card intensive either, since you can relent you only need any crow, and a low tome.

Actually just bought the old Lucius box, cause I really dig the old metal model. And didn't like the wig on the new one.

I'll probably never bother assembling it though, since I don't play Guild or Neverborn.

Depending on the model you're healing, it can be very nice. I had McMourning get dropped to 1 wound after taking Misaki to the face, burning cards and soulstones to barely stay up. My nurse waltzed over, healed him up, then Chiaki cleared the paralyzed. My opponent was so demoralized.

I was thinking about running it with Nico, so I could play him a bit more aggressively.

Do you prefer Chiaki to Johan? I think I'm leaning towards him, since he's a pretty good beater in his own right.

Chiaki if I can take advantage of her being a spirit/ancestor, otherwise Johan (or Scion of Black Blood)

Not to derail, but the rules are far less cleaner. Besides warjacks being more enjoyable, nothing has gotten better as a game mechanically. Imbalance is still there, rule interactions are messier. Only thing is that the usual suspects have shifted positions.

Johan is a better fighter, but Chiaki is quicker, gets her removal off more easily (no suit requirement), and can do neat stuff like make a model insignificant.

Both good, just depends on the crew and what all you need to do with the SS.

Got a bit sidetracked from malifaux stuff last few days with AoS, finished up brewmaster crew box painting. Just needs varnish and flocking and a bit of cleanup

They're gunna look great all cleaned up.

Its also worth noting Johan removes all conditions, Chiaki removes one.

Good point.

How does that interact with +1 Conditions like Poison? I assume it removes the whole stack right? But wouldn't remove both Paralyzed and Poison +4.

Chiaki might be a better choice if you've got conditions on your models you want to keep there. Ie. only removing the negative ones.

Removing a condition removes all stacks of it.

>End all conditions on target model
Nope, it takes them both.

So I'm building Sandeep and I'll run him at a tourney this Saturday.

Here's my current Arcanist assets:
-Masters: Marcus, Colette, Sandeep
-Totems: Banasuva, Doves, Jackelope
-Henchmen: Kudra, Myranda, Joss, Cassandra
-Enforcers: Howard, Rail Golem, Envy, Cerberus, Vidya Guard (proxy)
-Minons: Effigy, Coryphee, Poison/Ice/Fire/Metal/Wind Gamin, Hoarcats, Molemen, Performers, Rattler, Soulstone Miner, Arachnids/Swarm, Willie, Raptors, Mannequins, Toolkit
Mercs: Crossroads 7, Aionus, Sue, Grimwell, Angel Eyes, McTavish, Taelor, Bishop, Librarian, Gunslingers, Hans, Johana, Lazarus, Heartsbane, Scion of Black Blood, Desperate Mercs, Trapper, Oiran, Orderlies, Wretches, Ronin

Anything glaring that I'm missing?

Chiaki's ability reads "end one condition"

flgs running a tourney that is single master and you have to use everything in its box in the base list.

how can gremlins compete?

Ok, I was commenting on Johans.

So'mer. If you can add models to the crew box, you're golden.

Somer is perfect. You want everything in his box in a Somer list and then you just fill in the gaps to answer other lists. Somer can play as a beater, a summoner or a scheme runner and switch on the fly. That's what he's so damn powerful, he has options

wong

And I have the Transmortis zombies and some Sanctioned Spellcaster proxies available.

You got into a game where the default pronoun is she. What did you expect?

Wong has some unwinnable matches. Somer can adapt to anything.

That's been standard for a decade or more.

Derp.
That was a bit of a dumb question since any instance of dropping the condition instead of removing it is called "lower x condition by y"

Somer's box is solid.
Ophelia's a little less so.
I don't like Zorida's cause I'm not a huge fan of Slurids.
Ulix and Brewmaster's aren't too bad.

Somer's pretty great though. No dead weight.

which post on there? I normally just look at the pictures in that group

The post has been "sanitized" by the Admins. The discussion was under the post about the Guild being the bad guys in Malifaux.

Standard in every field or just Wyrd, because one of these is demonstrably false.

They deleted the "problematic" content. I baited a Nu male into admitting he was ashamed of being white and male and loathed both groups. It was a thing of beautiful.

WotC and White wolf have done it,as have multiple other companies.

This. Somer is one of the best masters in the game. Bayou Gremlins are one of the best minions and Lenny is a force multiplier for both of them.

>unwinnable matches.
Friekkorps hurt. Who else is unwinnable?

Honestly I'm ashamed of how goddamn sensitive and thin-skinned crackers have gotten. All those decades of complaining about how PC culture is going to make a generation of oversensitive manbabies, and they become the ones to embody it.

Got any screencaps? I found only a few posts left about the guild being the white male patriarchy but that's about it.

It's scenario based. Wong just doesn't perform well in some schemes.

>Getting rustled about pronouns
kek

Nah sorry, I was too busy screaming /pol/ shit at them. I've been on a rampage burning bridges today to force my social circles away from progressive fucktards.

I really need to make some gremlins with MAGA hats on them

You sound like a level-headed person.

It's literally the user spouting /pol/ shit.

I remember discussion of he vs she in wotc around 2012-13, but not 2006 or before.