"I’ve come to claim the right of Primae Noctis. As lord of these lands...

>"I’ve come to claim the right of Primae Noctis. As lord of these lands, I will bless this marriage by taking the bride into my bed on the first night of her union."

What do you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0VEuQ3xaUGQ
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_du_seigneur
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_du_seigneur
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw DM pulled this stunt but with a female lord.

Or I guess, lady is the proper term.

As minor nobility myself I don't deny his right, after all it is not my bride being defiled

The decoy orc marriage has already paid off!

I call upon the powers of the Hero-God, Bellophant and smite the Fylkirite heathen for daring to come onto Waldsman land and enforce his filthy heathen traditions onto honest, hard working Waldsmen.

Just how good looking is the guy?

Thank god for providence and get my bride to dab poison under her nails so that when she claws his back it gets into his system.

Easiest job yet.

I start a rant about Primae Noctis being nonsense.
Cherypicking my facts to support my side, I derail the game and waste everyone's time until the session is over.

>dissolute noble turned firemage after being exiled by his family
I don't recall the laws of Reikland ever mentioning this kind of barbaric tradition. [starts balancing a fireball on his fingertip] If I were you, milord, I would leave the lady alone and scuttle back to Norsca. Your husband might grow impatient waiting for your return.

>not! kgb agent in DH2
Depends. If the wife is another guy's, who cares. If he's trying to take something that's mine, I go Stalin-tier purge on his ass. "In old country you take what you take the way you can take. If you get hurt it's your fault, if you get stolen from it's your fault too."

The rapist has to explain why he claimed such a shitty excuse to the Tribunals.

I collect payment for the contract on the lord's life.
And annul my marriage, whilst she's preoccupied digesting his head.

>Traveling merchant Psion who's got diddled by illithids

Psionic Suggestion.
This is not the wife you're looking for. I mean, come on. If you want to get something from me, at least offer some gold. It's a matter of etiquette, you pompous little shit.

>I don't recall the laws of Reikland ever mentioning this kind of barbaric tradition. [starts balancing a fireball on his fingertip] If I were you, milord, I would leave the lady alone and scuttle back to Norsca. Your husband might grow impatient waiting for your return.

My character wonders what it has to do with him.

Psshh nothing personnel kid.

Brilliant.

Wonder who this poor insane fool is, that he thinks he's the lord of my lands. Then have him thrown in the stocks.

I fuck him in the butt

See how HE likes it

*tips brazier collar*

>Why did we accept that invitation, I barely know these people
>Maybe I can just keep quiet aaaaaaaaaaand nope the party face is talking shit
>This keeps happening, this isn't the adventure I was promised at all
>I want to rescue princesses, not the peasant's wife, she isn't even that hot
>My feet hurt
>This fight is too loud
>I wish we were actually doing hero stuff like that wizard said we would

>Playing Apocalypse World
>Being the Chopper
>I'm a post-apocalyptic raider boss leading 30 heavily armed goons with AK47s and shotguns
>We're all here at the wedding for one of our members, a tough lesbian raider who finally caught a goddamn break and found a cute little housewife to keep her stable.
>All of a sudden, some turbo faggot rides up on a fucking horse.
>We all came on bikes.
>He starts talking about how he's going to do us a favor and pop the wife's cherry, blah blah blah
>I listen to this faggot's bullshit for about 3 seconds before I order my crew to open fire.
>A moment later, I have my gang clear the corpses while I try to calm down the wedding party and coax them to resume the ceremony.
>We continue like nothing happened.
>The reception was a lot of fun, I caught the bouquet.

fuck, he does sound like a fedora now that I think about it. I guess you gotta know him to know he's not like that at all.

>1789
>Obeying the Ancien Régime
Do I look Austrian to you?

>Whoa calm down. I don't think she wants your wrinkly ass in bed. I mean, she's not blind is she?

I offer myself instead

Go wolf hunting

> Be me, Freeman McPeasant

> Marrying Melinda from the next village over. Great arse, and her family also bred sheep, so she knows how to work the wool and all that.

> Whole village turns out, everyone's hammered.

> Local Lord shows up, invokes Prima Noctis.

> Fucking awesome. Might get to raise his basted child as one of my own, plus he's and so obligated to give a gift of pretty much a years income the next morning. More if he does end up planting a seed.

> Congratulate him on his fantastic taste in arse, as one arse man to another.

I mean, not seeing the down side except for getting the Lords sloppy seconds, but it's not like any peasant girl actually makes it to marriage a Virgin.

>mfw it's a gay marriage

I assist.

How appropriate. A French myth made to titillate and discredit the nobility of the Ancien Règime pops up in a fantasy game.

But hey, at least I don't have to pay the wedding fine then. And his feet aren't cold, else I might have to suffer droit de prélassement.

grab a shield, and start shouting, as my hair grows longer and blonder
>I am Elmal
>I've stood against Chaos itself
>and I'm standing guard for this wedding
>you won't pass
a tense pause, the musicians turn on the amplifiers, the skies darken and thunder roars the gods'blessing to the marriage and the brawl to come, it's going to be a great day!

> I was actually staging a marriage with an HIV-positive peasant girl
> This is all an extremely elaborate assassination plot

He probably has syphilis already, it's all the rage in Paris.

youtube.com/watch?v=0VEuQ3xaUGQ

We are not of thise land and thus non-subordinates by right of law. As such Droit De Jambage does not apply.

>The right of a nobleman to cut open a peasant's bowels to warm his feet

Proceed to point out my seniority as a Duke and general of the realm.
Invoke the prima noctis on his wife instead.

I love the idea of an adventurer in a group of murderhobos that is just sick of random encounters.

>Just killed one of the bigger wasteland fishs top brass
>Probably the valuable horse too
Enjoy being cannibalized by all those other gangs trying to curry favors for the big guys.

Let em come, I've probably already pissed them all off anyway. I've been raiding, plundering and enslaving the local area for fucking weeks now, one more dead nob won't make a difference.

Basically my bard.
>Random encounter
>Cast sleep at max level
>Run

It's good to be the King.

Only Dr Doom could possibly be this autistic.

I relember my Lord he must not kneel before Illuminist pseudohistorical preconceptions of what our age is like.
Then I bed my wife with God's blessing.

Depends. How is everyone else taking it? It might well be an established tradition the locals are cool with like so yeah, my character raises his drink to the lord and cheers vaguely because dude's getting laid and it's a wedding, what the fuck do I even care?

If it's some jackass invoking an old forgotten law or making shit up and everyone's appalled, then my paladin drunkenly smites the evil, before loudly proclaiming it ws me who did the deed and I killed the lord alone before running away very visibly away from the village to move attention away from the townsfolk.
Probably end up being an outlaw in that region but what the hell.

>Doom doesn't even fuck random peasant girls
>drags them off to teach them the joys of hunting
>shares his hobbies with commoners on a whim
Truly, Doom is the ruler we need.

>what the fuck do I even care?
Your wife gets fucked by another man.

Thats really endearing.

you're a cuck, this time it actually makes sense to call someone a cuck

>minding own business, farming and shit in 0% crime Latveria where medical care and education is universal
>be getting married to Johan just down the road, s'cool
>lord of the entire fucking realm bursts into our house randomly clad in armor forged of the maddened fusion of magic and science, radiating power and menace
>instantly get wet
>he demands droit de siegneur
>oh fuck yes
>he drags me off into the night like an italian barbarian
>then instead of fucking me he takes me wolf hunting
>I mean it's pretty cool but I was kind of hoping that...y'know... he'd fuck me
>no he's just pretty into wolf hunting, but likes to have someone listen to him talk
>then he donates the meat and furs to the local populace
>go home unsullied, always remember when I got cunt blocked by some fucking wolves

Sounds like what a true european lord would do in some backwater domain.

>an italian barbarian

Friendly reminder there is no crime in Latveria
Friendly reminder first world tier education and medical care is universal
Friendly reminder that unemployment is almost non-existent
Friendly reminder it is a refugee state that accepts anyone so long as they are willing to submit to absolute service and fealty to Doom
Friendly reminder Doom has AI's, probably patterned on his own genius mind, to manage every aspect of law and governance
Friendly reminder that Latveria is basically the ideal big brother state

You mad, Latin filfth? You mad your origin is in a people of rapists, warring tribes and ignorance? Rome contributed a lot of the world - and the Germanics took that contribution and improved on it.

What would I do? Figure out if he's joking, and if not call the cops.

What if it's a gay wedding?

go back where you belong hans

Aint my wife.

Mussolini was never a big enough threat for Captain America to bother with

you've had your chance hans, have fun talking to yourself

So Doom desn't have the absolute right to the company of any man in his land as well?

Doom has the absolute right to anything and everything Doom wants.

There's nothing in that image to suggest Doom lacks such an absolute right. He probably just prefers the company of young ladies, but I'm sure he makes time for the fellas. Doom's a popular guy. Also, requesting more images of Glorious Leader Doom, this is good.

>In the heart of the balkans
Bosnia?

He's not sharing his hobbies.

He's reminding his subjects of the duty that he does. The company is a bonus.

Around Italians, guard your medallions.

Apparently Doom has also eliminated 90% of lethal diseases and would totally share this bounty of medical knowledge with the world (unlike that fuck Richards) if they only bent knee to his magnificence.

I would be very tempted to serve Doom.

There is literally nothing wrong with pledging your eternal service to Doom.

WHAT IS IT? WHAT DID HE DO?

If our God Emperors name is bloody Doom I like our chances going toe to toe with whatever alien buggers try to mess with us when we take our place in the stars

I mean, aside from having to deal with the fallout of super-assholes picking fights with Doom.

my next "villain" is absolutely going to be like doom

>take me to your leaders pathethic earthling

BEHOLD DOOM

Fucking saved.

What fallout?

>Fantastic Four & Friends come to Latveria, pick a fight with Doom, half the country is wrecked, you lost half your limbs too.
>Doom fix it all a day later.
>And now you either have magical limbs, or robot limbs, or custom vat grown perfect copies of your old.
>Not a trace of the battle to be seen anywhere, except in a museum where Doom dropped a trinket and a plaque reading "Foolish Fantastic Four Forced Entry in Latveria #3820".

You need the pic in the original post too, you dingus.

Now, as much as I love Doom, he does have flaws (heresy)

He is pretty much the epitome of the ego-maniacal narcissist. He love himself (and his mother) more than anything else, and all things are rated in as much as their value to him.

Doom is best compared to a dragon - the inherent value of any thing is linked to it's value to him. People are only valuable if they're his people, because his possessions are valuable to him. By the same token, if a possession is more valuable sacrificed or discarded, he will do so. And expect you to be honored to serve Doom in an even greater fashion.

There's no precedent for primae noctis in medieval Europe, but 'right of first night' has existed in multiple civilizations.

Primae noctis just sounds good.

This is why I would only be tempted.

You know who I would serve, though? Pic related.

He fixed the world so thoroughly and effortlessly that it put the Avengers out of their jobs and they had to pretend he was a supervillain so they could beat him up and return status quo.

So are you saying the right of first night existed in europe or not?

It didn't exist in medieval Europe.

I'm assuming this fantasy game is not set in literally medieval Europe, though.

Technically speaking if its in latveria Doom has a right to anything he desires. First and foremost requirement of latveria is you swear utter fealty to Doom. If you walk outside and look at your home and property you must also look at the fact it is actually Dooms land and home and he merely allows you to live there.
If he came in one day and says he demands droit de seigneur of the husband or your dog or all of your or anyone or thing for that matter it is his right simply because he's demanding Right of the Lord not Jus Primae Noctis or Right of the First Night and he is the Lord of Latveria.
You gotta learn yer languages and grammer.

Interesting! What civilizations did it exist in?

I guess it makes sense, though. I hear being called a cuckold was a giant insult in ye olde Europe.

>it is actually Dooms land and home and he merely allows you to live there
Ah, a libertarian utopia.

Just read the fucking Wikipedia article you retards: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_du_seigneur

Updated.

i don't know, sounds pretty good to me anyway

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_du_seigneur

Looks like ancient Libya, Hawaii and modern Zaire.

There's evidence for it existing in the Mesopotamian region, but whether it was a national or metropolitan tradition is kinda hard to discern.

Greeks may have done it, but this could have less been an actual law, and more kings being absolute dicks.

Leave the game, because any GM that would try to literally cuck my character is a person that I no longer wish to associate with.