Let's face it GW doesn't give a flying fuck about Orks and they should be removed from the game...

Let's face it GW doesn't give a flying fuck about Orks and they should be removed from the game. They are too derpy and don't fit the grimdark setting, they are not a real threat and they will forever be underpowered pieces of shit. Space Marines are pretty much the only faction that matters.

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/The_Beast_Arises_(Novel_Series)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Let's face it GW doesn't give a flying fuck about Orks

They're doing a twelve novel series on Orks.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/The_Beast_Arises_(Novel_Series)

>edgy Orks that act like Chaos
>got rekt

wow amazing

You literally just made this thread earlier friend.

Fuck you, this is now an Ork thread.
Post orks

Dis pic iz related

I disagree.

9/10, didn't put rockets on the klaw

WAAAAAAGH!!

I'm only just starting to learn about the lore of WH4K by osmosis, since this board is mostly about Warhammer, but Orks are fucking awesome.
If they think collectively think something works, even if by an engineering standpoint it's impossible, it works. Because they are psychic or some shit. That just sounds hilarious to me.
And don't they reproduce like fungus?
It's a very original interpretation. I'm not sure what OP is buttmad about.

Yeah, because making every faction grim and serious 100% of the time would make everything better. I can see why some people find works kind of obnoxious, but the setting need something that breaks from the grim and serious tone every now and again.

There's one on the elbow.

The Guardsman in me weeps for all those scrapped Russ barrels.

OP isn't mad about anything. It's bait. I can't quite recall where it started but there's been a trend of likely a small group of people shitposting about how "faction X should be removed/is worst faction," or whatever every 12 hours.

He's mad that no one is falling for his bait.

And you've got it mainly right. You generally need a LOT of Orks to believe in something working to actually make it work, like Commissar Yarrick's Powerklaw. It doesn't work because Ghazghkull thinks he's a badass, it works because Ghazghkull's WAAAAGH!! thinks he's badass.

Even my favorite board has shitposters I guess.
It's still cool as shit, it's something I haven't seen before in other media either

They basically ARE fungus, they produce spores that will eventually grow into more orks.

Don't forget Nobody will ever win 40k because no ork believes war can ever end.

Again. two "Ork suck" threads a few hours from each other? The guy is desperate for replies.

tbf, ghazghkull is a badass even without his WAAAAGH!! he just pulls it off man.

a question, is there any examples of an Ork who knows about the power of the WAAAGH!! and uses it to their advantage? because in theory the orks power is limitless, it being defined by the number of orks who believe something, which itself is only limited by the number of orks that exist in the galaxy, which is potentially infinite.

Needs moar dakka

I highly recommend people read Engine of Mork and Evil Sun Rising for some really good, Ork protagonist stories. Keeping in mind that it's written in translated Ork, not gothic-speaking orks, which leads to some particularly posh-sounding Deathskullz.

S-source?

Thy're doing a twelve novel series about the Imperium fighting orks.

A good fight, no mistake there, but told from the Imperium point of view and with the Imperium winning in the end.

One thing I hate about Orks is how bestial they're described when the story's from an Imperial perspective, to the point that they're almost never described as talking. It just jars with everything else I ever read about the Orks.

It's still better than Tyranids going Moo

Ork codexes are a strange thing.

On one hand I enjoy having rules that make things more clear and allow for the designers to come up with cool things.

On the other hand its kind of awesome to pile ork models into a trukk and count the ones that fall out as casualties.

If i wanted to be completely heretical, I would want the following:

>combine all sub-factions into same-race factions
So, the new playable factions = races, giving:
>tau, eldar, tyranid, necron, mankind and orks.
Chaos would be the only exception, with daemons, and members of all other races mixed in as tainted by chaos. Essentially a faction of pure warp beings, and chaos slapped on everything else you can fathom. Yes, this means dark eldar and eldar would share codex. Although seeing as they hate eachother I might concede seperating the two. Yeah, probably better, but all the seperate imperium shit needs to go.
>Re-balance the races according to the best fluff written, taken from any edition, even novel lore, and then adjusted for population size in galaxy
Which, probably, would mean the races play like various degrees of high tech high cost low availability, and low tech low cost high availability.
>Have separate rules for small scale and large scale battles
Essentially skirmishes of 5-6 units vs. something of similar level use extended characteristics and plays closer to the ttrpgs combat-wise, while battles with hundreds of units use much more simplified and faster rules with less characteristics.
>incorporate new battlefleet gothic into the core game
So we can play a campaign starting with the battle in space, and then proceed down to planet level wars, and then end with small skirmishes where the heroes fight over the artefact etc.

>derpy

12 armies of rules in one massive book that can only be updated once every thousand years as they update every imperium army at once, or worse, a massive book you have to re purchase every other week to stay updated. No thanks.

Now on BFG, I 100% agree.

also, more wishful thinking
>move the "plot" of wh40k to the case where the emperor is now definitely dead and humanity is much, much more fucked.
I want it to be grimmer, and i want the eternal golden toilet to fail and Terra be partially consumed by the warp hole it was keeping closed so the retarded administration can finally die.
>force cooperation between the races with goals other than destroying everything because everything is now massively fucked
tau, human, eldar (possibly dark eldar) trying to work together, while orks, necrons and tyranid fight independently because their agendas are retarded. And of course everyone realizing that chaos really is the grandest enemy.
>play this entire scenario on official tabletop with narration and effects as part of a "living plot" that GW releases video/magazine about every year
I just need this. Fuck you.

not in one massive book, but one book per race (almost), although massive books at that. No more stupid sub-factions. Just put the sub-factions in the main faction book.

Hey, if Tyranids act like animals, fuck it, that's their thing. But if Orks are treated as little better than apes with tools, it just makes it feel like they should have never been a threat.

Most orks don't actually speak gothic. Only nobs and above would bother learning to speak fluently, if not just rather force a grot to do it, and da ladz mostly only learn imperial swears so they can tell the local regiments about how they zogged their mum.

>WHF/WH40k is grimdark
When will this meme rest

40k is grimdark
fantasy isnt

Welcomez to WAAAAAGHL-MarTZ ya GroTz
SAVES TEEF, FIGHTZ Betah

40k is grimdark, fantasy is less grimdark

Black Library tones down the grimdark of both considerably.

>Not rebelling against the old conservatice gits by joinin the stormboyz and using proppa taktikz

I dunno wot you been told,
Stormboy mobs is mighty bold,
We're da hardest of da lot,
We make you lot look like Grots.

>40k is grimdark, fantasy is less grimdark
Humanity might win in 40k though. In Fantasy humanity is thoroughly doomed and the world was inevitably going to fall to Chaos as it seeped endlessly into the world through the polar gates no matter what anyone did until it won. Sure the day to day on average might be more bearable for a human in fantasy than in 40k but 40k had some hope.

>Humanity was always doomed
>Nearly got a group of super sorcerers to fight back Chaos once and for all, only ruined by Mannfred McBaldfag Carstein over a hissy fit.

Lez face it gitz. GW don' gif a zoggin' waaagghh about 'umies and dey should be removed from da game. Dey are too fleshy and pink for da grimdark settin', dey is no true warriors and dey will always be krushed unda da feets of us Orks! Orks are da only faction that WAAGGHH.

The text says that they might have failed anyways in maintaining the ritual.

And remember that if Mannfred didn't act, then Archaon who climbed up the abyss would have.

>Let's face it GW doesn't give a flying fuck about Sisters of battles and they should be removed from the game. They are too derpy and don't fit the grimdark setting, they are not a real threat and they will forever be underpowered pieces of shit. Space Marines are pretty much the only faction that matters.

I think you mean Mannlet worstcarstein.
But the humans, elves, dwarfs and undead had a much better Chance at surviving their endtimes than the 40k races do. Tau are too small to make a difference, eldar are fucked, dark eldar are about to get kicked out of commoragh any minute now and are just as bad for the imperium as any other "bad" faction. Orks are uniting under ghazzy and could go potentially reach power levels similar to when the Beast was around. Tyranids keep showing up in even greater numbers. Necrons are all waking up and uniting. And even without all that, Chaos is about to buttfuck the imperium with the daemon primarchs coming back. Best case scenario, the eldar and imperium unite and hold chaos, the necrons focus on the nids, and the orks rampage through the forces of chaos and nids before the imperium.

Yeah no. 40K has the 'Chaos is inevitable, the gods always win in the end, hope is a lie' thing as well.

Dude, 40k barely has a win scenario for humanity, and even that's not likely now. The Imperium is just a few decades or even years from collapse as far as 40k is concerned.

In Fantasy, survival is winning, and until End Times the good guy races were plodding solidly along. They were even thriving a little.

No, they don't. The 5,6,and 7th ED main rulebooks are clear on the matter.

Humanity has a 50% shot at winning. Either they evolve into a powerful psychic race that will bring about a golden age of wonderment or they will fall to Chaos and the galaxy will fall with them.

The victory of Chaos while likely was never said to be a certainty in 40K, unlike fantasy.

You

see

Fantasyfags plese go. Your setting is dead.

40K is a setting of hope.

Remember, if you're not a Goff, then you aren't a real Ork.

>THE TIME OF ENDING

>744.M41 - Present

>As 744.M41 dawns, Taggarth, the Seer of Corrinto, proclaims the approach of the End Times. He prophesies a time of unprecedented upheaval, in which even the light of the Emperor is swallowed in darkness. Though Taggarth is swiftly executed for heresy, his message of doom echoes across the galaxy. These are the last days of the Imperium, but whether glorious apotheosis or eternal damnation awaits, none can say...

>if humanity can survive the change
>if humanity can survive the galaxy and the warp
>if the Emperor doesn't die before he manages to get humanity where to go

And most of all, don't you think that being pyskers doesn't necessarily solve anything?

Carnac vomiting his end times lore shit all over a thread again.

Might want to aim a little lower m8

I.R.O.N.Y.

GW just fails at game design and can't figure out how to make any of melee armies work properly since 4th started tipping the scales towards shooting.

Same way thry also haven't figured out that 7th made most of the traditional anti-tank weapons useless.

Noone that matters gives a shit about sisters.

>Nobody at GW cares enough about Sisters to give them anything good
>Nobody at GW hates them enough to fold them into another army list

>If

It's better than you are screwed and you got no chance, like in fantasy. Which is the point of this line of discussion. Hope.

>don't you think that being pyskers doesn't necessarily solve anything?

The golden age of wonderment implies most of the problems will be solved.

I can understand wanting to remove Sisters in some sense - they've been showing up less and less in the fluff, and their rules leave them woefully behind other factions, and their models are going the way of the Dark Eldar - but how could they be too derpy and not fit the grimdark setting? Half the Imperium is religious zealots.

read evil sunz rising.

You think sisters would do better if they were folded into the inquisition/grey knight armies?

delet this

Inquisition, maybe. Grey Knights, they'd just be a fifth wheel.

Aren't they the same army?

>40k is grimdark
berserk says hello

Maybe before he met Schierke and the entire setting turned into jrpg. Also it tries too hard to be edgy even by grimdark standards
>muh rape
wow so triggering and dark

I think the Inquisition is a supplement

Currently the Inquisition have a separate, digital-only codex. In 5th edition they were stuffed into Codex: Grey Knights, which replaced the 3e Daemonhunters and Witch Hunters dexes, the latter of which was where Sisters of Battle had previously resided. Thus Sisters lost their Inquisitorial support, or rather, were removed from their 3e role of Inquisitorial support and made their own army, which was how they were originally.

Besides Black Templars being folded into vanilla Marines in 2013, over the last few years GW has seemed bent on having ever more armies and offshoots. Imperial Knights were brought into 40k scale as a core army, Stormtroopers of all things got a codex, Harlequins and Mechanicus finally received their own books and ranges (two in the AdMech's case for some reason), Deathwatch just got one too. Dataslates, codex supplements for multiple armies, supplements not only for Space Marine Chapters but individual companies, etc.